Hijack This Thread

neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Hijack This Thread

Post by neonzx »

tek wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 5:34 pm ms.tek is reading stuff on the internet about the Barbie movie.
She says to me: "who is Ben Shapiro?"

:rotflmao:
:lol:

Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Hijack This Thread

Post by Foggy »

:thumbsup:
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
Estiveo
Verified:

Hijack This Thread

Post by Estiveo »

Estiveoshot_20230724_091741.jpg
Estiveoshot_20230724_091741.jpg (156.39 KiB) Viewed 565 times
Image Image Image Image
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Hijack This Thread

Post by Foggy »

:shock:
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
neonzx

Hijack This Thread

Post by neonzx »

:shock: :cantlook:
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Hijack This Thread

Post by raison de arizona »

:lol: throwback to when he read the lyrics to wap
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Hijack This Thread

Post by RTH10260 »

ref: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WAP_(song) (cause I had to look up what it was all about. I guess the guy must be sexually repressed)
MsDaisy 2
Occupation: Retired Medic and a Grandma (AKA Moppie) until I die
Verified:

Hijack This Thread

Post by MsDaisy 2 »

Foggy wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 12:43 pm:shock:
:yeahthat:
MsDaisy 2
Occupation: Retired Medic and a Grandma (AKA Moppie) until I die
Verified:

Hijack This Thread

Post by MsDaisy 2 »

Holy Chit! I went out to the pool house to put towels away and thought, man, that water looks great. So I had a quick swim and when I got out and went back to the wooden pool deck for my towel I somehow got a big ass splinter in the top of my right big toe. It was so painful and deep my mister had to shoot it up with Lidocaine to dig the damn thing out. I’m sure that’s not going to feel very good when the Lidocaine wears off.

Plus I saw my X Mister today who is visiting from Oklahoma when I dumped our grand kids off at our son’s shop. Both our sons were there as well so we had a good family photo taken. We get along much better now than we did being married. :thumbsup:
AndyinPA
Verified:

Hijack This Thread

Post by AndyinPA »

:bighug: for the foot. Ouch.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
AndyinPA
Verified:

Hijack This Thread

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2023/7 ... lano-Texas
On Sunday, July 23, 2023, between 12:00 am and 12:30 am, a firebomb attack took place at Community Unitarian Universalist Church of Plano. An incendiary device with a chemical accelerant was thrown or placed at the front doors of the main church building. The fire and smoke caused the monitored fire alarm system for the building to go off, which notified church personnel. The City of Plano 911 system received a call from a passerby who saw the fire at the same time. City of Plano Firefighters arrived on the scene and were able to extinguish the fire. Because of the quick action of Plano’s First Responders, the damage to the church property was limited to the front doors, the materials directly outside the front doors, and the entrance foyer. There were no injuries. Plano Police and Fire Department personnel did a thorough collection of evidence of the crime scene. They also interviewed multiple church personnel who arrived on-site to assess the incident.
Wasn't quite sure where else to put this.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
raison de arizona

Hijack This Thread

Unitarian Universalist- if it is anything like the ones around here, they are probably proudly displaying BLM and LGBTQ type stuff. I guess someone took umbrage.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

Hijack This Thread

The thick plottens...
Anti-LGBTQ YouTubers trolled a progressive Plano church. It was firebombed weeks later
No connection has been established between the attack and the church’s appearance in the video, and Plano police are still investigating whether the bombing is a hate crime.

Weeks before the Community Unitarian Universalist Church of Plano was damaged in a firebomb attack early Sunday, members of the church welcomed four strangers — one of them carrying a camera — with hugs, smiles and the promise of a judgment-free fellowship.

They didn’t immediately know they were being trolled and baited by a group of influencers who frequently take videos of themselves pranking progressives and liberals. The video, titled “We acted LGBT at LGBT Church,” has garnered nearly 200,000 views since it was posted to YouTube on July 12.

No connection has been established between the posting of the video and the firebombing of the church, which resulted in damage to the building’s doors, but no deaths or injuries. A spokesperson for the Plano Police Department, which is investigating the arson, said in a statement Sunday the department “cannot confirm this as a hate crime at the time.”

But in a statement on Facebook about the attack, the church alluded to its appearance in the video, which it says was filmed during and after its Sunday service on June 25. The church called the YouTubers a “hate group” and said it has been “reviewing building security and working with the Plano Police Department since the intrusion.”
:snippity:
https://www.dallasnews.com/news/2023/07 ... eks-later/
Kendra

Hijack This Thread

Post by Kendra »

Hah. This is the boss's truck, who foolishly left it unlocked and keys inside for a few moments on the main Pac Hwy drag in Fife. At least the dog wasn't in there (dog is harmless). On Star to the rescue!

Edit, On Star, not On Trak (track)
neonzx

Hijack This Thread

Post by neonzx »

From Quora...
What is the most overrated and overplayed rock song you cringe when you hear the music?

You know that song with the catchy riff that's been stuck in our heads for ages? It's like a broken record on the radio, in commercials, and even in random stores. I'm not hating on the band or anything, but I swear, I've heard it enough times to last a lifetime.

"Sweet Child o' Mine" by Guns N' Roses.
"Don't Stop Believin'" by Journey - It's a feel-good anthem, but it's been played so much, you're like, "Can we take a break, please?"
"Livin' on a Prayer" by Bon Jovi - Another classic, but you can't help but roll your eyes when it comes on for the umpteenth time.
"We Will Rock You" by Queen - A stadium anthem, but you secretly wish they'd mix up the playlist a bit.
"Eye of the Tiger" by Survivor - It's the ultimate motivational song, but you've heard it in every sports montage ever!
"All Star" by Smash Mouth - A fun tune, but it became the go-to meme song, and now you're like, "Let's move on!"
"Sweet Home Alabama" by Lynyrd Skynyrd - An iconic Southern rock song, but you've heard it at every backyard BBQ and beyond.
"Stairway to Heaven" by Led Zeppelin.
I agree with most. Anything to add?
raison de arizona

Hijack This Thread

Wow they really messed up his truck.
raison de arizona

Hijack This Thread

neonzx wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 9:47 pm From Quora...
What is the most overrated and overplayed rock song you cringe when you hear the music?

You know that song with the catchy riff that's been stuck in our heads for ages? It's like a broken record on the radio, in commercials, and even in random stores. I'm not hating on the band or anything, but I swear, I've heard it enough times to last a lifetime.

"Sweet Child o' Mine" by Guns N' Roses.
"Don't Stop Believin'" by Journey - It's a feel-good anthem, but it's been played so much, you're like, "Can we take a break, please?"
"Livin' on a Prayer" by Bon Jovi - Another classic, but you can't help but roll your eyes when it comes on for the umpteenth time.
"We Will Rock You" by Queen - A stadium anthem, but you secretly wish they'd mix up the playlist a bit.
"Eye of the Tiger" by Survivor - It's the ultimate motivational song, but you've heard it in every sports montage ever!
"All Star" by Smash Mouth - A fun tune, but it became the go-to meme song, and now you're like, "Let's move on!"
"Sweet Home Alabama" by Lynyrd Skynyrd - An iconic Southern rock song, but you've heard it at every backyard BBQ and beyond.
"Stairway to Heaven" by Led Zeppelin.
I agree with most. Anything to add?
"Dream On" by Aerosmith
John Thomas8

Hijack This Thread

Post by John Thomas8 »

Interesting self-defense/sane gun culture discussion:

Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Hijack This Thread

Post by Flatpoint High »

castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Hijack This Thread

Post by RTH10260 »

raison de arizona

Hijack This Thread

Brutal.
Kensington Ave Philadelphia walk through recording. Kensington Philadelphia is infamous for Kensington Philadelphia zombies as a result of homelessness. This video and other videos in this channel sheds like to what is going on in this neighborhood hoping that it can reach people who can bring the needed help.
neonzx

Hijack This Thread

Post by neonzx »

RTH10260 wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 5:07 pm
:cry:
AndyinPA
Verified:

Hijack This Thread

Post by AndyinPA »

https://wapo.st/3KjIP9K

Gifted link.
Jim Schneider, co-founder of sunglass brand Zivah, knows his company could probably reach more customers if he sold his products on Amazon, but he isn’t interested. Zivah has found success as an early adopter of PublicSq., an online marketplace that bills itself as an alternative to “woke” corporations espousing liberal values.

Zivah (a name that comes from the Hebrew word for “light of God”) sells high-end sunglasses with names like “Glisten” and “Dazzle.” Each one bears a scripture on the inside of the temple. “In a world that seems so polarized, you see the world through a different lens,” Zivah’s website reads.

“Our target consumer really is someone who supports American values, who does not want to support a company that’s gone woke, who does not want to support a company that’s supporting abortions,” Schneider told The Washington Post. (Amazon has joined other large companies in offering to cover employees’ travel expenses for abortion and other non-life-threatening medical treatment if they don’t have access at home.) Since Zivah joined PublicSq. last year, the platform “has definitely become our biggest source of new customers,” Schneider said.

Zivah and PublicSq. are part of a growing contingent of companies promoting “anti-woke capitalism,” a business model that is gaining traction amid broader cultural battles over abortion, guns, transgender rights and American exceptionalism. As big companies and brands such as Target, North Face and Bud Light have drawn fire from some consumers for celebrating the LGBTQ community, PublicSq. is building a customer base on the other side of the ideological spectrum.

The platform has swelled to host more than 55,000 small businesses since it launched on July 4, 2022 — with major growth coming in recent months as consumers reacted to Bud Light’s partnership with transgender comedian and activist Dylan Mulvaney and Target’s Pride merchandise. In the last week of May, as tensions around corporate Pride campaigns crescendoed, PublicSq. said it added more than 300,000 users, bringing its customer base to over 1.1 million.
neonzx

Hijack This Thread

Post by neonzx »

AndyinPA wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 9:25 pm https://wapo.st/3KjIP9K

Gifted link.
Jim Schneider, co-founder of sunglass brand Zivah, knows his company could probably reach more customers if he sold his products on Amazon, but he isn’t interested. Zivah has found success as an early adopter of PublicSq., an online marketplace that bills itself as an alternative to “woke” corporations espousing liberal values. :snippity:
I've been an email subscriber to PublicSQ since last year when Don Jr was pimping it. Never found any local vendors worth noting other than I would mentally add them to my do-not-call list.
pipistrelle

Hijack This Thread

Post by pipistrelle »

Nothing says "godly" and "humble" like trivializing Scripture for profit.

Return to “General Stuff”