Assault on the Capitol (DC)

poplove
Verified: ✅💚💙💜☮️💐🌈⚽️✅

Post by poplove »

pipistrelle wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 5:46 pm
RVInit wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 5:18 pm
pipistrelle wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 4:07 pm Interesting. IIRC she’s a Bundy supporter, or was.
OK, well maybe I'm giving her too much credit then.
Maybe she's learned. She was involved in the early days of the so-called "People's Rights Network." Scireeve knows more about her.

https://www.irehr.org/2021/08/04/we-are ... urrection/
Pam isn't a fan of ammo and his "people's rights CULT movement" since last year.

raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Ashli Babbitt's mother Micki Witthoeft gets let off the hook for smashing Anarchy Princess' megaphone, all charges dropped. Just like the last time, they just keep letting her go. Sooner or later, she's going to do something really stupid, and then...who am I. kidding, she'll get away with that too. Also.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
bob

Post by bob »

Scott MacFarlane wrote:Maneuvering thru DC federal court this morning on a busy day of Jan 6 hearings

Quite a moment just now in USA v James Beeks, a former Jesus Christ Superstar performer, who’s defending himself in the case

After string of claims consistent w/ sovereign citizen movement..

..Beeks asks judge Amit Mehta for “summary judgment” in case

Mehta replies that such a thing is not possible in the federal criminal case

Beeks is also arguing court doesn’t have proper “jurisdiction”

He shows a copy of his birth certificate & assorted other papers
Image ImageImage
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

raison de arizona wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 3:48 pm Ashli Babbitt's mother Micki Witthoeft gets let off the hook for smashing Anarchy Princess' megaphone, all charges dropped. Just like the last time, they just keep letting her go. Sooner or later, she's going to do something really stupid, and then...who am I. kidding, she'll get away with that too. Also.
Maybe she'll join a mob trying to smash down a door with armed guards telling them to stop and that deadly force is authorized and...

Ladies and Gentlemen, Charles Darwin!
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

:popcorn:
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Arizona Man Cited in Conspiracy Theories Sues Fox News for Defamation
Ray Epps, a two-time Trump voter, says Tucker Carlson repeatedly and falsely named him as a covert government agent who incited the Jan. 6 attack.

By Alan Feuer and Jeremy W. Peters
July 12, 2023 Updated 5:59 p.m. ET

Ray Epps, the man at the center of a widespread conspiracy theory about the attack on the Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021, filed a lawsuit on Wednesday accusing Fox News and its former host Tucker Carlson of defamation for promoting a “fantastical story” that Mr. Epps was an undercover government agent who instigated the violence at the Capitol as a way to disparage President Donald J. Trump and his supporters.

The complaint was filed in Superior Court in Delaware, where Fox recently agreed to a $787.5 million settlement in a separate defamation case brought by Dominion Voting Systems to combat claims that the company had helped to rig the 2020 election against Mr. Trump.

“Just as Fox had focused on voting machine companies when falsely claiming a rigged election, Fox knew it needed a scapegoat for January 6th,” the complaint says. “It settled on Ray Epps and began promoting the lie that Epps was a federal agent who incited the attack on the Capitol.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/07/12/busi ... html/quote]
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://www.cnn.com/2023/07/12/politics ... index.html
James Beeks, a member of the Oath Keepers and an actor who played Judas in the musical “Jesus Christ Superstar,” was acquitted Tuesday by a judge of all federal charges he faced related to the January 6, 2021, attack at the US Capitol.

Beeks faced charges for allegedly joining into a conspiracy with several other members of the Oath Keepers to stop the certification of the Electoral College vote on January 6.

He was acquitted after a bench trial before Judge Amit Mehta.

Ray Epps, in the red Trump hat, center, gestures to others as people gather on the West Front of the U.S. Capitol on Wednesday, Jan. 6, 2021 in Washington, DC.
Arizona man targeted by January 6 conspiracy theorists sues Fox News for defamation
According to court documents, Beeks, wearing a Michael Jackson BAD world tour jacket, approached a group of Oath Keepers as they walked to the Capitol and said he was a member of the organization as he had paid for a one-year membership to the group just two weeks before the Capitol attack.

Once inside the building, Beeks allegedly attempted to get through a line of police officers guarding a hallway to the Senate chamber with a group of Oath Keepers.
bob

Post by bob »

CBS:
A former Broadway actor and Jan. 6 defendant was acquitted of the two charges that remained against him after a federal judge on Wednesday ruled evidence did not prove he knowingly worked with the far-right Oath Keepers group to obstruct Congress during the Capitol breach, according to court records.

James Beeks of Florida was arrested in 2021 during a stint in a production of "Jesus Christ Superstar." He was later indicted on numerous felony counts. Prosecutors alleged at the time that Beeks paid for a one-year membership to the Oath Keepers and weeks later marched with other members of the group up the U.S. Capitol steps and into the building.

After first deciding to take their case to trial, Beeks and co-defendant Donovoan Crowl — a member of an Ohio militia — opted for a stipulated bench trial in which the defense and prosecutors would agree to a set of facts and comply with a judge's decision on the defendants' guilt. The pair were indicted on multiple charges, but the parties agreed last week that the bench trial would only decide two counts — conspiracy to obstruct an official proceeding and civil disorder. In exchange, the government dropped the remaining counts.

Federal Judge Amit Mehta, appointed to the bench by former President Obama, ruled Wednesday there was little evidence that Beeks — who is no longer a member of the Oath Keepers — actually planned ahead of Jan. 6 or was aware of the group's alleged conspiracy, according to WUSA Reporter Jordan Fischer. "I just can't get there based on this stipulated evidence," Mehta said, according to Fischer.
Crowl was convicted and will be sentenced.

Without knowing more details, it sounds like the judge found there was insufficient evidence that Beeks had conspired with any Oath Keeper. (And presumably the dropped charges were in the vein of lesser crimes, e.g., disrupting a proceeding, unauthorized presence, etc.)
Image ImageImage
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Yeah, interesting. He was in the middle of the infamous "stack."
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Aaaaaaand scene. *low bow *
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
raison de arizona

Kendra wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 10:27 am https://twitter.com/MacFarlaneNews/stat ... 9845004292
In letter to judge seeking a maximum sentence for Capitol riot defendant Kyle Fitzsimons, retired Capitol Police Sgt Aquilino Gonell writes: "Failure to hold Mr. Fitzsimons accountable will result in the likelihood of another January 6"
Roger Parloff @rparloff wrote: J6 def Kyle Fitzsimons, “one of the most violent & aggressive” J6ers, per govt, will be sentenced later today. He “assaulted at least 5 different officers” on J6 & caused career-ending injury to USCP Ofc. Aquilino Gonell. Govt seeks 188 mos (15.67 yrs).
/1
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

raison de arizona wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 11:16 am
Kendra wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 10:27 am [url]https:// twitter.com/MacFarlaneNews/status/1664212189845004292[/url]
In letter to judge seeking a maximum sentence for Capitol riot defendant Kyle Fitzsimons, retired Capitol Police Sgt Aquilino Gonell writes: "Failure to hold Mr. Fitzsimons accountable will result in the likelihood of another January 6"
Roger Parloff @rparloff wrote: J6 def Kyle Fitzsimons, “one of the most violent & aggressive” J6ers, per govt, will be sentenced later today. He “assaulted at least 5 different officers” on J6 & caused career-ending injury to USCP Ofc. Aquilino Gonell. Govt seeks 188 mos (15.67 yrs).
/1
Thanks for the heads up, please feel free to post a Twitter link if you see one with the details. :bighug:
raison de arizona

FLASH: Judge sentences Kyle Fitzsimons, who was accused of a series of assaults on law enforcement during the Capitol siege, to 87 months prison

More details from the hearing at the thread.
raison de arizona

Next up...
Scott MacFarlane @MacFarlaneNews wrote: Sentencing is beginning in Jan 6 case of Audrey Southard-Rumsey

Prosecutors will ask for 6 years prison, arguing she went on "violent rampage" in Capitol. And they say, while carrying a pole, she was a "principal agitator" in the mob -- and called "for a 1776-style revolution"
raison de arizona

Prosecution got the six years woot woot! She got herself a terrorism enhancement.
Jordan Fischer @JordanOnRecord wrote: *Disastrous* sentencing hearing just now for Audrey Southard-Rumsey, of FL, who is the first non-conspiracy defendant to receive a terrorism enhancement. Judge Mehta also revoked her acceptance of responsibility credit based on her in-court statements today.

Sentence: 6 years.
bob

Post by bob »

Scott MacFarlane @MacFarlaneNews wrote: Sentencing is beginning in Jan 6 case of Audrey Southard-Rumsey

Prosecutors will ask for 6 years prison, arguing she went on "violent rampage" in Capitol. And they say, while carrying a pole, she was a "principal agitator" in the mob -- and called "for a 1776-style revolution"
A thread worth reading. Defendant got mouthy at sentencing; it did not help.
Image ImageImage
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Wow. I WAS having a pout since Twitter doesn't allow non-registered users to see the full thread, but then the :idea: went off and I went to Thread Reader and pasted the link and can see moar. https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1679 ... 19778.html
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:thumbsup:

Thanks.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
raison de arizona

She's a real piece of work, too bad she didn't talk herself into the full 10 years she raised it to.
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

raison de arizona wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 7:43 pm She's a real piece of work, too bad she didn't talk herself into the full 10 years she raised it to.
True, but she probably talked herself into the full six originally asked for...
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Kendra wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 7:35 pm Wow. I WAS having a pout since Twitter doesn't allow non-registered users to see the full thread, but then the :idea: went off and I went to Thread Reader and pasted the link and can see moar. https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1679 ... 19778.html
I was not happy to learn Twitter owns threadreader (I think shortly before the acquisition).

It's the media's fault she's stupid, paranoid, hateful, violent, and out of control.

And IMO judges shouldn't be accepting those "take responsibility" statements because they've all proved to be convenient lies.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Frater I*I wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 7:48 pm
raison de arizona wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 7:43 pm She's a real piece of work, too bad she didn't talk herself into the full 10 years she raised it to.
True, but she probably talked herself into the full six originally asked for...
She did. I'm guessing she might have gotten two or something like that.

As for her health conditions...I have health conditions. I don't crime.
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

One of the adds that popped (pooped?) up through thread reader was for “White Straight Male” etc tee shirts…

With advertising like that - Elon hopes to make back a fraction of his 44 Bn … sorry (not sorry), Elon I didn’t read any other bit of the adds and if I was tempted to read any other add.. that one add would have soured me to the rest.

Of course I’m not his target demographic
Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede »

Dave from down under wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 8:34 pm One of the adds that popped (pooped?) up through thread reader was for “White Straight Male” etc tee shirts…
I got that too and ignored it at the time, so I just went back to look again and it reappeared. It seemed to be a link to Light In The Box (an ordinary online retailing outfit for small manufacturers I think) with "Men's Graphic T Shirt" in its product search box.

I wonder if Light In The Box have, yes, An Algorithm which tells them inadequate male assholes are likely to be reading that thread and this is what those people like to buy?

Return to “The January 6 Insurrection, including Criminal Cases”