trump (the former guy, defamer, insurrectionist, contemnor, and rapist - $537M)

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
Suranis

trump (the former guy, defamer, and sexual assaulter)

Post by Suranis »

We call it "Black Pudding" here. It's also sold without the Blood and is termed "White Pudding," which is a staple of "Irish Breakfasts"

It's, frankly, delicious.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_pudding
Black pudding is a distinct regional type of blood sausage originating in the United Kingdom and Ireland. It is made from pork or beef blood, with pork fat or beef suet, and a cereal, usually oatmeal, oat groats, or barley groats. The high proportion of cereal, along with the use of certain herbs such as pennyroyal, serves to distinguish black pudding from blood sausages eaten in other parts of the world.[1]
Etymology

The word pudding is believed to derive from the French boudin, originally from the Latin botellus, meaning "small sausage".[2]
:snippity:
Regional popularity

In the United Kingdom,[14] black pudding is especially associated with the Black Country, the North West and Scotland; it is considered a particular delicacy in Stornoway and in Lancashire, notably in towns such as Bury, where it is traditionally boiled and served with malt vinegar out of a paper wrapping.[15] It was also found in Yorkshire, where black puddings were flavoured with lemon thyme and savory:[16] Barnsley black puddings were particularly well-known.[17] The Stornoway black pudding, made in the Western Isles of Scotland, has been granted Protected Geographical Indicator of Origin status. In the wake of this designation, butchers in Bury sought to demonstrate their history of manufacturing and selling the product. One such claim dates back to 1810.[18] Having been brought there by immigrants, black pudding is now part of the local cuisine of the Canadian provinces of Nova Scotia and Newfoundland and Labrador.[19]

In Ireland, in addition to the more general type of black pudding, there is a distinct regional variety called drisheen, which is particularly associated with Cork.[20] Drisheen is usually made from cow's blood, although until the recent past it was often also made with sheep blood, and was sometimes flavoured with tansy.[20] Sneem Black Pudding is a local variety produced in County Kerry; it has Protected Geographical Indication (PGI) status.[21][22][23][24]

Consumption

Black pudding can be grilled, fried, baked, or boiled in its skin. It can also be eaten cold, as it is cooked in production. In parts of north-western England and in the Black Country it was usual to serve a whole black pudding boiled as a complete meal, with bread or potatoes,[11] but elsewhere in the UK and Ireland slices of fried or grilled black puddings are more usually served as part of a traditional full breakfast, a tradition that followed British and Irish emigrants around the world.
A single battered deep-fried chip shop black pudding (approx. 20 cm or 8 in long), sliced open

Some chip shops, particularly in the north of England and Scotland, sell deep-fried, battered black pudding.[25]

Novel culinary uses for black pudding include black pudding ice cream,[26] while perhaps a more conventional modern recipe is using it as an accompaniment to scallops.[27] Scotch eggs made with black pudding, such as the "Manchester egg",[28][29] have become common.
Nutrition

Black pudding is a good source of protein; it is low in carbohydrate and high in zinc and iron.[30] It has been described as a "superfood" because of these nutritional qualities,[31] although many recipes are also very high in saturated fat and salt.[citation needed]
Johns,_Fitzrovia,_London_(6959378220).jpg
Johns,_Fitzrovia,_London_(6959378220).jpg (177.52 KiB) Viewed 1180 times
Hic sunt dracones
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Sheesh.
IMG_5298.png
IMG_5298.png (219.16 KiB) Viewed 1150 times
IMG_5297.png
IMG_5297.png (196.54 KiB) Viewed 1150 times
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
jemcanada2

Post by jemcanada2 »

Was that written by someone else or has he finally figured out that it’s indicted, not indicated? :confuzzled: :confuzzled:
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

I think it's entirely palusible the cocaine is left over from the Trump staff.
bill_g

Post by bill_g »

The beans look like what we USians would call baked beans. Overall it looks like a high fat / high animal protein / high calorie breakfast ... something most of us at our age would avoid. The sheer quantity amazes me. I could only eat a third of that, perhaps half if famished. I would eat the eggs and mushrooms together, and save the sausages, beans, and bacon for lunch.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Yeah, but you didn't die happy. :towel:
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
bill_g

Post by bill_g »

Foggy wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 11:21 am Yeah, but you didn't die happy. :towel:
I can say from personal experience (last December) that it don't hurt to die, and you don't remember anything. So, happy ain't even in the equation. But, if it were, I'd be happy with eggs and mushrooms.
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

ahem :bored: :hijacked:
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

bill_g wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 9:26 am I think it's entirely palusible the cocaine is left over from the Trump staff.
Or non-politically appointed staff, or press, or other third-parties. Shoot, it could have been an attempt to setup the White House by planting it.
101010 :towel:
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

I lean towards set up. I had heard that area gets swept fairly often because so many people pass through it and it would be unlikely such contraband would be left unattended for a long period of time. But I’m sure we’ll hear eventually.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Obvsly, if'n the surveillance video captured the incident with enough evidence to identify a perp, we'd have heard about it by now. More likely, the video shows a number of different people entering and leaving a certain room over a specific time period, and that group of people is being questioned.

'Course, this is Fogbow, and it would be irresponsible not to speculate. :smoking:
Edit: Those are not my fingerprints on the bag, and I was nowhere near there. I have a rock solid alibi and you're all my witnesses. :biggrin:
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
raison de arizona

One thing I don't recall being mentioned...how much cocaine are we talking about anyway? A little or a lot?

Also, lot of RWNJs are blabbing about how there has NEVER been coke in the WH before, how could anyone forget:
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Off Topic
So, I went and had an "All day Breakfast" at a local Eatery, the same one I met Mrs Daisy and her hubby, who seemed like a rather nice chap. I thought I would share the experience.
IMG_20230711_151157.jpg
IMG_20230711_151157.jpg (195.95 KiB) Viewed 903 times
My cholesterol, is perfect thank you very much. :D
Hic sunt dracones
raison de arizona

tfg weighs in on “Joe Biden’s policy of endless war in Ukraine.”
IMG_5305.jpeg
IMG_5305.jpeg (243.2 KiB) Viewed 892 times
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

:roll:
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

He’s just following orders…
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

And what did Republican presidents support in the past.
Timeline: Use of controversial cluster bombs in past conflicts
The widely condemned use of cluster bombs can be traced back to World War II.

10 Jul 2023

The US dropped 1,228 cluster bombs containing 248,056 bomblets in Afghanistan between October 2001 and March 2002, according to HRW.

many more details at https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2023/7/1 ... -conflicts
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

northland10 wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 1:32 pm
bill_g wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 9:26 am I think it's entirely palusible the cocaine is left over from the Trump staff.
Or non-politically appointed staff, or press, or other third-parties. Shoot, it could have been an attempt to setup the White House by planting it.
Chanel Rion and/or Peter Doocy

You have to admit it would explain a lot.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

in the case of Peter Strzok
Under oath, John Kelly raises serious allegations against Trump
It’s not every day when a former White House chief of staff implicates a former president — under penalty of perjury — in an impeachable offense.

July 10, 2023, 2:00 PM CEST
By Steve Benen

After Donald Trump left the White House, retired Marine Gen. John Kelly, the man who served as the Republican president’s chief of staff for 17 months, has struggled to contain his contempt for his former boss. Over the last couple of years, Kelly has accused Trump of, among other things, “poisoning” people’s minds, having “serious character issues,” and not being “a real man.”

But even more important than Kelly’s assessment of the former president’s character are the concerns he’s raised about Trump’s abuses while in office. Last fall, the week before Thanksgiving, Kelly told The New York Times that Trump, during his presidency, told his chief of staff to use the Internal Revenue Service and the Justice Department to target his critics and perceived political foes.

The Times’ report went on to note, “Mr. Kelly said he made clear to Mr. Trump that there were serious legal and ethical issues with what he wanted.” The then-president “regularly” made the demands anyway, leading Kelly to remind his boss what he wanted “was not just potentially illegal and immoral but also could blow back on him.”

The significance of the report did not linger — it was overshadowed by a series of other Trump scandals — but Kelly’s allegations struck me as incredibly important. In the midst of Republican hysterics about the Biden White House “weaponizing” and “politicizing” federal law enforcement — allegations that appear to have no basis in fact — here was the former president’s longest serving chief of staff explaining on the record that Trump engaged in the precise abuse that he’s falsely accused his successor of engaging in.

Over the weekend, the allegations returned to the fore, and for good reason. The New York Times reported on Saturday:

https://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-sho ... -rcna93367
raison de arizona

From Quora, they just have to think of their hero as a manly man, second to none.
Quora wrote:Is it true of Donald Trump that “He was intelligent, he presented himself well, he was athletic," Schoenewaldt said. "I even heard from some of the coaches and stuff he could have played professional baseball”?

In all the high school games Donald Trump played in for which we have statistics, Trump batted .138. He played for a small prep school against weak competition. Does that mean definitively that it is impossible he could have one day played professional baseball? No.

Has Trump ever shown the work ethic to develop from a .138 hitter against weak competition into a competent player against the best in the world? No.

Does Trump have any history of making outrageous and exaggerated claims about his own abilities? Yes. All the time. Does his history suggest he can get other people to back up these outrageously false claims? Also yes.
https://qr.ae/pyU8Ph
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

It might have been nice if John Kelly had spoken out a lot sooner. :mad: :mad: :mad:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

AndyinPA wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 12:29 pm It might have been nice if John Kelly had spoken out a lot sooner. :mad: :mad: :mad:
I'll give him a pass if we can get him in front of the Committee that ripped Christopher Wray today. The same committee says that despite him being indicted they still want to call their "whistleblower" to testify and I am down for that. Please Baby Jesus let's get his ass on National YV invoking the 5th Amendment 200 times. Make him look like a gangster being asked if he knows Michael Corleone. Then bring Kelley on and talk about what "weaponizing the government" looks like in a way not seen since John Dean dropped Nixon's "Enemies List".

I just love when Republicans step on themselves.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
raison de arizona

Rs would never call Kelly. Can Ds call witnesses, or is this a one way street?
bob

Post by bob »

raison de arizona wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 6:33 pm Rs would never call Kelly. Can Ds call witnesses, or is this a one way street?
Presumably a one-way street.

Negotiations over who exactly has subpoena authority is tricky and context-specific.

I would be highly surprised if even this committee's ranking minority member had unfettered, unilateral subpoena authority.
Image ImageImage
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Off Topic
cause we discussed that strange "painting" in colonial T art:
7 Best AI Art Generators of 2023

by Madeline Clarke in Artificial Intelligence
on July 11, 2023, 12:40 PM EDT

This is a comprehensive list of the best AI art generators. Explore the advanced technology that transforms imagination into stunning artworks.

https://www.techrepublic.com/article/be ... enerators/

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”