John Eastman disbarment hearing

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

bob wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 3:25 pm :snippity:
I'm actually not a fan of this rhetoric: unlike 9/11 and the moon landing, Ritcher was a percipient witness to how Arizona conducted the 2020 election. But I understand the desire to label the denialists as conspiracy theorists.
:snippity:
I wondered about this too. Listening to this part of the testimony, Miller constantly objected due to the fact that Richer was not Recorder during the 2020 election. The Judge pointed out that many of Miller's witnesses were also not involved with the 2020 election. She mentioned Logan--who certainly got all his info after the election. Miller pointed out that Logan (the cyber ninja's grifter) was no longer expected to be called. The discussion bogged down.

My question, which was not answered in the court room, was: since Richer has spent many months over the past two years involved with the analysis of the 2020 election and the endless bogus audits; doesn't that speak to his knowledge? He won his 2020 election and took over the position that was responsible for such issues. He has been hounded and attacked (which he did not bring up) by people egged on by the likes of Eastman, and has responded to those attacks in court and elsewhere--even though he was NOT the one responsible on the day of the election.
bob

Post by bob »

Now a Pennsylvania election official is testifying (over Eastman's relevance objection).

The bar is proving there was no widespread election fraud in 2020, i.e., no factual bases for Eastman's wildly bad legal advice.

Given that the judge already has precluded Eastman's "experts" (read: election deniers), Eastman's counsel can only pick at scraps on cross-examination.
Image ImageImage
Sequoia32
Verified:

Post by Sequoia32 »

Is the hearing continuing today?

I forgot and don't know how to find out...

If so, anybody know who's testifying?
bob

Post by bob »

Image ImageImage
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Yes. They're starting this morning with the attorney/client privilege argument (Trump/Eastman) at 10AM PDT. They still have questions to ask Eastman about that after argument. Then at 11AM or so a witness, then another in the afternoon. Sorry, I can't make out the names... "Mr. Brader or Bratter" (?) and "Mr Wilishton" (?).

This link has been working for me: https://calbar.zoom.us/wc/97985435232/j ... jOyp-3Ef8a

Too also:
John Eastman’s expert witness in disbarment hearing is barred for not being an expert
Attorney at the heart of Donald Trump’s efforts to subvert results of 2020 election faces potential disbarment
Eric Garcia 1 day ago

A judge in California barred an expert witness from testifying in the disbarment trial of John Eastman, the former attorney for former president Donald Trump, since the witness was not an expert, The Daily Beast reported.

Mr Eastman is facing a potential disbarment for his involvement in a plot to overturn the 2020 presidential election results. He attempted to call a man named Joseph Fried, an accountant who wrote an eBook that questioned the legitimacy of the 2020 presidential election results, as a witness.

But California State Bar Court Judge Yvette Roland vetoed the attempt.

“I don’t see how Mr Fried is qualified to be an expert,” NPR reporter Tom Dreisbach reported her saying. “He has no experience in voting or election matters.”
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 61748.html
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Sequoia32
Verified:

Post by Sequoia32 »

Thanks so much guys.

If I was Eastman or any of the election deniers, especially k. Lake, I would be sooooo embarrassed by the Maricopa Co. Recorder's (I think) details about all of the testing and procedures done/witnessed by Dems & Repubs on all of the machines & processes that made it clear there was no question that the votes were all correctly counted.
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

The Big E is testifying again, it's 1:30PM EDT. The arm of his chair was broken and the judge asked what he did to it. :lol: So here he goes. What a hot, charismatic dude John is. I'm surprised someone hasn't claimed him as their pretend "bad boy" boyfriend.

Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
bob

Post by bob »

Image ImageImage
Sequoia32
Verified:

Post by Sequoia32 »

The more I listen, the madder I get at Eastman et al and their lies and how much it cost election officials personally and state budgets.

They should all be sued by every state affected.

Yeah, prob'ly no standing or something...
Luke

Post by Luke »

They're running behind, might be another 4 days after next week. It won't be until near the end of August, like 22-25. So this is going to go on and on.

I'm glad they are having these witnesses explain there was NO "massive fraud" -- the NV SoS said there were fewer than 200 issues with the 2020 election and that almost all the folks who tried to double vote were caught.

It keeps showing what a seditionist idiot John Eastman is. Total fuc*ing troll.
Sequoia32
Verified:

Post by Sequoia32 »

OK. Resume Tuesday.

But nothing resolved 'till late August?

Forgive me, but I am having cognitive difficulties. Don't know if it is from the chemo drugs or I inherited my dad's dementia (all 6 of us kids are terrified every time we can't find a word...)

Any help in understanding is welcome.
bob

Post by bob »

Sequoia32 wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 8:06 pm OK. Resume Tuesday.

But nothing resolved 'till late August?
The hearing will resume next week, but then will take a long break, and resume again at the end of August.
Image ImageImage
Sequoia32
Verified:

Post by Sequoia32 »

Thanks, bob. Hard for me to keep stuff straight.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Sequoia32 wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 9:37 pm Thanks, bob. Hard for me to keep stuff straight.
The break is because all the parties have scheduling conflicts until that window of time in August. Indeed, the judge is going to have to reschedule a trial (or some judgey activity) to even be available then.
Luke

Post by Luke »

Great news on the 6-3 MooreVHarper ruling. Undercuts Eastman as a bonus.

Luke

Post by Luke »

No Eastman today, his lawyer is sick. They were off yesterday too. They plan Thu and Fri then resume in August.

raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

:lol: video at link
John Eastman whines after coup plot: 'They all say we were using this to overturn the election'

Former Trump campaign attorney John Eastman complained on Wednesday that he has been criticized for a plot to name then-President Donald Trump as the "true winner" of the 2020 presidential election.

Eastman, now facing a California State Bar trial, was a key player in a plan to send an alternate slate of electors to Congress. He also told Trump supporters on Jan. 6 that then-Vice President Mike Pence could reject the certified slate of electors and accept pro-Trump electors instead.

During a Wednesday appearance on the War Room podcast, Eastman pushed back on his critics.

"I want to point out they all say, well, we were using this to overturn the election and undermine the will of the people," he told host Steve Bannon. "No, we we weren't, as you know well, we were trying to understand who the true winner was in order to bolster or enhance the will of the people, [and determine] if there were illegal votes that were cast."

According to Eastman, those "illegal votes" could have been the fault of "county clerks or state supreme court judges or secretaries of state."

"And if you count only the legal votes, Trump would have won," he added. "That's upholding the will of the people, not undermining it."
https://www.rawstory.com/john-eastman-2020-election/
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
much ado

Post by much ado »

What an idiot.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Just stumbled across this, Eastman is crowd funding his defense. I would have thought the Save America PAC would be picking up the tab. :shrug:
https://www.givesendgo.com/Eastman
Campaign Created by: John Eastman
The funds from this campaign will be received by John Eastman.

Goal: USD $500,000
Raised: USD $ 449,566
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Luke

Post by Luke »

It's been on like Donkey Kong (have used that since hearing it again from Carole Martin during the E. Jean case).

Look at this list of losers the CA Bar is trying to exclude:
STATE BAR’S MOTION IN LIMINE N0. TO EXCLUDE WILLIAM M. BRIGGS, PATRICK COLBECK, ANTHONY COX, JR., MARK FINCHEM, HEATHER HONEY, SANDY JUNO, JEFFREY O’DONNELL, WENDY ROGERS AND JOSEPH FRIED; MEMORANDUM OF POINTS AND
AUTHORITIES

Filing: https://s3.documentcloud.org/documents/ ... nesses.pdf

Eastman filed:

∀ snoɯʎuou∀ @achtera 2h
Read Eastman's lawyer's argument to exclude naming other clients: The CA Bar didn't include collusion in the original charges: https://bit.ly/3CSZcG0

Judge wasn't happy that the alternative electors argument just came up now.

No ruling on either motion.

Meghann is covering again:

Lunch break until 5:20pm EDT. Eastman was on the stand throughout... Bar showed part of the angry Gabriel Sterling press conference debunking all the junk Eastman was peddling. This is the event where Gabe had a sign language interpreter next to him, the guy looked like Santa but was dressed in all black. He's very expressive. Actually remembered him :lol:
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

I caught a few hours of the hearing yesterday (Thurs June 29).

First, Eastman on the stand. Boy is he smooth. Articulate and calm. When he lies about how he still believes that the GA election was rigged, you can barely tell.

Yes, when asked if, in the face of the words of folks like Gabriel Sterling (sp) explaining every last supposed anomaly, he still had doubts, he says he does. Still believes "suitcases" of fake ballots were on site; still believes the video shows ballots being illegally double counted.

Of course he has to; at this point, his only hope of not spending the rest of his life in jail (aside from flipping) is to pretend that GA et al were disgraceful, broken elections. Cause that, of course, in his mind at least, supports his fake electors work. What a toad.

Then we got Grimmer, whose qualifications for weighing in were astounding. He did his best to debunk all the crap, but sadly, IMO, he is one of these super genius guys who put the emphasis on the details. He undersold the blatant buffoonery that led to picking at anything that the criminals could latch onto. I know he had to give the "why" but he didn't really sell that either. I wanted to hear, "This is not a serious investigation of voting fraud; this is nonsense you get when someone ignores almost every detail of how an election is run."

Gonna watch again today.
bob

Post by bob »

Eastman returned to Twitter after a three-month hiatus ... to beg for money.
Image ImageImage
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

Kinda waiting for him to stand up in court and say that he wholeheartedly believes that in fact not only does the court not have the power to disbar him, but he has the power to disbar the court. :prettyplease:
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
bob

Post by bob »

Image ImageImage
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Because being indicted for the same reason he's going through a disbarment hearing will certainly help his case...?
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”