Another Shooting

Volkonski
Verified:

Re: Another Shooting

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

northland10 wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 3:02 pm
Chilidog wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 3:00 pm that’s down the road from me.
the hospital where my son and Sister-in-law law work is on alert.
:bighug:
thanks. they are at Central DuPage, which is a ways away, but i’m sure that they will be hit with the overflow if the other hospitals go on bypass.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

:mad: :mad:

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Volkonski wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 3:12 pm I read that a number of other parades and events today were canceled after this was reported.
Yep.. my town has postponed the concert and fireworks tonight, and I know at Lake Bluff and Evanston have closed beaches and canceled events. I assume there are more as I mainly know the ones I get emails on.

There also appear to be some severe thunderstorms that may come our way followed by high heat.
101010 :towel:
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

i just came back from a quick shopping trip to my local carnerceria, we’re about 10 miles from the shooting and it was packed. There’s an awful lot of people staying home and hunkering down tonight.

I have three grocery stores i ship at. Jimenez Carnerceria, Trader Joe’s, and Sunset Foods in Long grove.

Sunset is a local chain. people ran for shelter into their Highland Park branch.

this is too close to home.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Chilidog wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 4:35 pm i just came back from a quick shopping trip to my local carnerceria, we’re about 10 miles from the shooting and it was packed. There’s an awful lot of people staying home and hunkering down tonight.

I have three grocery stores i ship at. Jimenez Carnerceria, Trader Joe’s, and Sunset Foods in Long grove.

Sunset is a local chain. people ran for shelter into their Highland Park branch.

this is too close to home.
:bighug:

I haven't seen where he's been caught yet...
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

V, we used to March in parades of all kinds too, with sprout’s school or the karate school or the garden club, whatever. Very non-political stuff but we started noticing a change in tone after 9-11. Shouted insults for no apparent reason, throwing popcorn at the parade. Minor but disrespectful things. We haven’t even been to a parade in 10 years. They were starting to be uncomfortable.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

they have identified a suspect.
Robert E Crimo III
busterbunker

Post by busterbunker »

The 4th of July is a celebration of American acceptionalism because we're the only country forced to accept this continued violence. It seems we've always been at war with ourselves.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

V, we used to March in parades of all kinds too, with sprout’s school or the karate school or the garden club, whatever. Very non-political stuff but we started noticing a change in tone after 9-11. Shouted insults for no apparent reason, throwing popcorn at the parade. Minor but disrespectful things. We haven’t even been to a parade in 10 years. They were starting to be uncomfortable.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

I won’t post it, but I just watched a YouTube video posted by the Highland Park shooter 8 months ago that shows him along with cartoon images of him shooting people with an AR-15. He also posted a clip of the area of the shooting with the signal for the Emergency Broadcast System
Ron won't post it, but there are some crumbs in the comments on that tweet. Wondering how long it will take for the latest talking points - just how can you lock down a parade? Arm the parents? I would assume a parade would have already had a large presence of good guys with guns, see how well that went.

I'm just so angry :mad: :mad: :mad:
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Kendra wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 6:29 pm
I won’t post it, but I just watched a YouTube video posted by the Highland Park shooter 8 months ago that shows him along with cartoon images of him shooting people with an AR-15. He also posted a clip of the area of the shooting with the signal for the Emergency Broadcast System
Ron won't post it, but there are some crumbs in the comments on that tweet. Wondering how long it will take for the latest talking points - just how can you lock down a parade? Arm the parents? I would assume a parade would have already had a large presence of good guys with guns, see how well that went.

I'm just so angry :mad: :mad: :mad:
I saw a video on Vimeo (it was still there a few minutes ago), although not sure it's the same one because I didn't watch the whole thing. It's disturbing. It's clear he should never have had guns. His FB went poof while someone was looking at it.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

I'm sure there were lots of good guys with guns (LE) on the scene. One of these days, that excuse may work (probably not).
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

This article reports total of 38 injuries and 6 deaths.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Oh that child's bike carefully decorated for the 4th. :(
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

The terrorists on SCOTUS will always support arming people like Robert E Crimo III
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Yep. They just gave guns more rights than women. Not feeling Independence Day too much today.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
101010 :towel:
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Seen several indications he's a tfg cultist.

Return to “U.S. Culture and Media”