Hardcore lurker

primeordinal

Hardcore lurker

Postby primeordinal » Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:10 pm

It's about time I said Hi. Hi! I found Politijab via Democraticunderground where I also (mostly) lurk, under the name Twenty3. I'm well and truly hooked on the Birther drama, and have visited Politijab at least once a day for the last half a year or so, to get my fix. I'm not a lawyer, not even a college graduate. I'm a (dun dun DUNNN) front desk clerk. I am rather in awe of all of you :)I don't know what else to say, so back to lurk mode. Thanks for letting me be here!

DaveMuckey

Hardcore lurker

Postby DaveMuckey » Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:21 pm

Welcome. Don't be bashful. If you can't add anything intellectual, don't feel like you're the only one. We like snark, Limericks, palindromes, jokes, and if I know anything about us, it's that the threadjacks are always an adventure into the minds of the strange. We like a little strange now and then.Did I mention double entendres?

Plutodog

Hardcore lurker

Postby Plutodog » Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:23 pm

Welcome, Primeo! I'm glad you signed in! I may even have to do so now, even though I've been posting here for quite a while.Not to worry about posting even though we got lotsa lawyers and stuff. They're all housebroken...or well aged at least. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
We are not sinners. We are not abominations. We were not born broken, and we do not need salvation. We have embraced our right to think beyond the boundaries of religion. We are living and loving our lives free from faith. -- Sarah Morehead

kate520

Hardcore lurker

Postby kate520 » Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:27 pm

Primeordinal, welcome! You can come out of the lurkerbush now, we know you're there. Dun dun dunnnn desk clerks are not, as you might think, a dime a dozen here. I want to hear more from you. I''m just a stayathome mom, with some writing in between. (For those who may not know first hand, being a mom is the hardest job I've ever had.)

Whatever4

Hardcore lurker

Postby Whatever4 » Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:29 pm

Welcome primeordinal! We have a wide variety of peeps here -- some well educamated, some well experienced, some well traveled, some well connected, some well talented, some well established, some well endowed, some well rounded, and some...well...just themselves. Some aren't so well so we talk about health issues a bit. There's no such think as a "just a" -- whether a mom, or a (dun dun DUNNN) front desk clerk, or in my case -- a Kept Woman. :mrgreen: The simple fact you are here says something about you. We're all several SOMETHINGS. That's because we all VOTE. We ARE the people. Not all of them, sure... but we count. We discuss. We opine from facts. We influence those in our circle. We solicit and respect input from all ends of the socio-politico-economic spectrum. We snark. A lot. [sekrit]Besides, front desk clerks can make or break an experience. The woman at the front desk of the Silver Legacy resort in Reno not only once bumped me up to a suite for no extra charge, she arranged a private car for me to tour the area from Carson City to Virginia City because the concierge desk wasn't open, and she gave me a free week pass for the Spa. Plus told me about her favorite museums. AWESOME trip. And it was on a whim -- the train was running 9 hours late, and I would have arrived in Sacramento too late to get into the B&B I was staying in. So I got off in Reno for 4 days and walked in to the closest fancy hotel.[/sekrit]Anyone with the handle "primeordinal" counts for something. :mrgreen: I just learned that [link]359,http://primes.utm.edu/curios/page.php/359.html[/link] is the largest prime ordinal day in a non leap year, and it's also Christmas Day!

TollandRCR

Hardcore lurker

Postby TollandRCR » Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:45 pm

...I just learned that [link]359,http://primes.utm.edu/curios/page.php/359.html[/link] is the largest prime ordinal day in a non leap year, and it's also Christmas Day!

That date as a holy day goes back to ancient times. Christians picked it up from pagans. I wonder if there were numerologists among the ancients?

Addie

Hardcore lurker

Postby Addie » Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:46 pm

Welcome to Fogbow, Primeordinal :hug:
Shut up! We can't hear the mimes! -Jacques Prévert, Les Enfants du Paradis

Highlands

Hardcore lurker

Postby Highlands » Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:51 pm

Welcome to FogBow! :hug:
If you took out all of the blood vessels in your body and lined them up, you would be dead. #science

June bug

Hardcore lurker

Postby June bug » Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:53 pm

Welcome, primeordinal...jump on in, the water's fine~~and so's the company! ;)

Estiveo

Hardcore lurker

Postby Estiveo » Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:28 pm

Yes, please add my welcome to the others! You're not the only one here without a degree, and those of us without seem to do just fine here. Nothing wrong with being a front desk clerk, either. That's often where the true power lies in an organization. Godlike power, teeny-weeny living space.Again, welcome.
Image Image Image x2

Sequoia32

Hardcore lurker

Postby Sequoia32 » Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:41 pm

Welcome primeordinal!Front desk clerk? Jeeze! Most important position as it is the first anybody deals with.I'm a [former] RN and I can tell you, our clerks, secretaries, unit coordinators or whatever you want to call them, are the glue that holds a unit together. An integral part of saving lives. :D
So far every case of Ebola in this country got it by helping people. So relax, Republicans, you're in the clear. - Tina Dupuy

Reality Check

Hardcore lurker

Postby Reality Check » Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:57 pm

Welcome primeordinal to TFB. I am glad you have been reading and hoped you found PJ entertaining. TFB should be more of the same only better. I travel a lot so I certainly concur on the importance of a friendly desk clerk. They are usually the first live human you interact with after a long day of driving or flying. I was somewhat in awe and humble my first post (Foggy even made fun of that). Well here I am over 2490 posts and a radio show later.
“The reality of what we really are is often times found in the small snips, way down at the bottom of things.” – Jean Shepherd

milspec

Hardcore lurker

Postby milspec » Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:31 pm

Welcome to Fogbow, lots of wicked smart people here, and there is even room for me. I count the PJ/TFB community among my best friends.On that note all of you tomorrow will be my first month of being clean and sober, thanks for all the support.

TexasFilly

Hardcore lurker

Postby TexasFilly » Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:13 pm

Welcome to Fogbow, lots of wicked smart people here, and there is even for me. I count the PJ/TFB community among my best friends.On that note all of you tomorrow will be my first month of being clean and sober, thanks for all the support.

:-bd :-bd =D> =D> :hug: :hug: Congrats Milspec! I am very proud of you!

Plutodog

Hardcore lurker

Postby Plutodog » Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:10 am

On that note all of you tomorrow will be my first month of being clean and sober, thanks for all the support.

Good for you, milspec. I know you're hearing all the good AA advice. Have a good day tomorrow.
We are not sinners. We are not abominations. We were not born broken, and we do not need salvation. We have embraced our right to think beyond the boundaries of religion. We are living and loving our lives free from faith. -- Sarah Morehead

parsifal

Hardcore lurker

Postby parsifal » Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:45 am

Welcome and oh, don't worry about stuff. Brains and degrees are highly over-rated. I have it right straight from the Wizard of Oz:The Wizard reminds the "brainy" Scarecrow about the universality of brains and then presents him with a rolled up parchment/diploma: Why, anybody can have a brain. That's a very mediocre commodity. Every pusillanimous creature that crawls on the Earth or slinks through slimy seas has a brain. Back where I come from, we have universities, seats of great learning, where men go to become great thinkers. And when they come out, they think deep thoughts and with no more brains than you have! But they have one thing you haven't got - a diploma. Therefore, by virtue of the authority vested in me by the Universitatus Committeatum E Pluribus Unum, I hereby confer upon you the honorary degree of Th. D...that's Doctor of Thinkology.parsy, who wishes he could while away the hours conferrin' with the flowers

primeordinal

Hardcore lurker

Postby primeordinal » Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:53 am

To all of you - This is surreal, being "visible" after all this time. Wow. Thank you for such a welcome! I will try to contribute something if I can, but right now I have to calm my nerves, you have no idea how hard it was to make that Introduction post, hehe. Thank you again. :D

Plutodog

Hardcore lurker

Postby Plutodog » Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:09 am

To all of you - This is surreal, being "visible" after all this time. Wow. Thank you for such a welcome! I will try to contribute something if I can, but right now I have to calm my nerves, you have no idea how hard it was to make that Introduction post, hehe. Thank you again. :D

Aww...now you've gone and done it, Primo...Now Parsy is gonna have to tell us about the cowardly lion! :mrgreen: #-o :twisted: =))

Jez

Hardcore lurker

Postby Jez » Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:07 am

Hey Primeordinal! Welcome. :)And there is no such thing as "just a desk clerk". I spent 10 years in hospitality (2 as a GM, 8 as a trainer) and trust me, it can be a not so fun job. Nothing like being yelled at because the toilet paper is "the wrong way". But, I would still rather work the front desk then do housekeeping. We'll have to trade war stories sometime. :)Fogbow and PJ are great places. Great people, and I've learned a ton just by being here. :)See you around! And don't lurk so much!
I have learned silence from the talkative, toleration from the intolerant, and kindness from the unkind; yet, strange, I am ungrateful to those teachers.

~Khalil Gibran

Foggy

Hardcore lurker

Postby Foggy » Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:38 am

Welcome, primeordinal and congrats to Milspec. You can do this thing.
Don't hang noodles on my ears.

majorbabs

Hardcore lurker

Postby majorbabs » Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:49 am

Welcome to Fogbow, lots of wicked smart people here, and there is even room for me. I count the PJ/TFB community among my best friends.On that note all of you tomorrow will be my first month of being clean and sober, thanks for all the support.

Great work -- and I do mean work. Changing your life (for the better) has to be one of the toughest challenges one can face!

twinx

Hardcore lurker

Postby twinx » Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:36 pm

I don't know what else to say, so back to lurk mode. Thanks for letting me be here!

Welcome to PG. :-bd Re-Lurking isn't a good option.I think re-lurking after de-lurking should be Denined. ;)

June bug

Hardcore lurker

Postby June bug » Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:51 pm

I don't know what else to say, so back to lurk mode. Thanks for letting me be here!

Welcome to PG. :-bd

Re-Lurking isn't a good option.

I think re-lurking after de-lurking should be Denined. And baned. Too. Also. ;)

FIFY

And, yayyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!! milspec!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

twinx

Hardcore lurker

Postby twinx » Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:13 pm

Too. Also ;)

FIFY

Hehe. As a long term lurker, Primeordinal (Can I call you 'Prime', Primeordinal?) will get that, too. Also. :D

Return to “Introduce Yourself”