Ex-Con Terry Lakin

ZekeB

Ex-Con Terry Lakin

Postby ZekeB » Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:37 am

I'm headed down his way this weekend and it got me musing about him.

You will be wearing the open-toe shoes when you have coffee with him, yes?

Epectitus

Ex-Con Terry Lakin

Postby Epectitus » Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:11 pm

Message left on Lakin's Website by "USMA78":

When will we get an update? It has been more than two weeks since the hearing mentioned in the August 31 press release.

Email response from Margaret Hemenway:

Very soon I hope- an appeal is in the works and WILL be filed! I am also class of '78 but from UNC-Chapel Hill.

Sterngard Friegen

Ex-Con Terry Lakin

Postby Sterngard Friegen » Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:40 pm

Message left on Lakin's Website by "[highlight]USMA78[/highlight]":

When will we get an update? It has been more than two weeks since the hearing mentioned in the August 31 press release.

Very soon I hope- an appeal is in the works and WILL be filed! [highlight]I am also class of '78 but from UNC-Chapel Hill.[/highlight]

Not quite the same thing, Madame Nitwit. ](*,)

TexasFilly

Ex-Con Terry Lakin

Postby TexasFilly » Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:43 pm

Message left on Lakin's Website by "[highlight]USMA78[/highlight]":

Very soon I hope- an appeal is in the works and WILL be filed! [highlight]I am also class of '78 but from UNC-Chapel Hill.[/highlight]

Not quite the same thing, Madame Nitwit. ](*,)

=))

RTH10260

Ex-Con Terry Lakin

Postby RTH10260 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:29 pm

Very soon I hope-[highlight]an appeal is in the works and WILL be filed![/highlight] I am also class of '78 but from UNC-Chapel Hill.

How fast will this procedure be ? I smell a denial :)And can it be taken up to SCOTUS just for the fun ?

TollandRCR

Ex-Con Terry Lakin

Postby TollandRCR » Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:35 pm

Very soon I hope- an appeal is in the works and WILL be filed! I am also class of '78 but from UNC-Chapel Hill.

Oh, the embarrassment. At least she did not graduate under much of my tutelage; I was gone in 1976. I would not be terribly surprised to find that I had her in one of my classes. I had one extremely confrontational woman in a Sociology of the Family course, which she might well have taken. She most particularly did not like it when I pointed out that over the eons of human history and the great diversity of human cultures, the marriage by mutual choice of one man to one woman was a bit of an outlier. I should probably have done my duty to the human race and flunked her, whoever she was.

realist

Ex-Con Terry Lakin

Postby realist » Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:34 pm

Nolu Chan publishes a great read...[link]Catching Up With The lakin Critics (9/21/10),http://www.scribd.com/doc/37892141/Catching-Up-With-the-Lakin-Critics-09-21-2010[/link][link]Also may be accessed here,http://www.scribd.com/my_document_collections/2428859[/link]
ImageX 3 (have met 31 Obots at meetups) Image X 4

Reality Check

Ex-Con Terry Lakin

Postby Reality Check » Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:54 pm

There is nothing really new only the APF site and still no mention of Judge' Lind's ruling. However, I noitced that the fixed a typo that was there before that said "Judge To Rule On Defense Request For Deposition Of Hawaiian Officials And For Written Discovery Of All Of President’s School And College Records.Hearing Held on Sept 2 At 1100 At Fort Meade, Maryland"Before it read "Judge to rules..." Also, the hearing is now referred to in past tense. Anyway, the next motion hearing is scheduled next Tuesday as far as we know. If Lakin's team is going to file an emergency appeal they had better get cracking. If they had only taken up Mario's offer to help I am sure he could have cranked out a few hundred pages by now.
“The reality of what we really are is often times found in the small snips, way down at the bottom of things.” – Jean Shepherd

TexasFilly

Ex-Con Terry Lakin

Postby TexasFilly » Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:43 pm

Speaking of military old coots who could be called to active duty at any time even though they are practically onctogenians, whatever happened to that crazy Col or Gen from Fredericksburg VA that Orly had for a while?

On the topic of retired military being recalled to active duty for prosecution purposes, there is an interesting case you can read about (if you are interested) [link]here,http://abcnews.go.com/print?id=11652956[/link]. In a nutshell, a woman and her two young daughters were murdered in their home in North Carolina, near Ft. Bragg. The woman was raped, then murdered. A Master Sargent named Hennis was tried and convicted by the North Carolina courts and spent two years on death row. He appealed and his conviction was reversed, resulting in a second trial, after which he was acquitted. The acquittal was in 1989, and Hennis rejoined the military, served in the first Gulf War, and retired in 2004.In 2006, detectives who had worked on the criminal case found a vaginal swab that they submitted for DNA testing, which was unavailable back in the 1980's when Hennis was first tried. Tests showed that semen in the victim belonged to Hennis. But Double Jeopardy had attached. So, the military reactivated him and tried Hennis for the murders in a military court, where he was convicted.

The military jury rejected the defense's arguments, and in April 2010, found Hennis guilty on three specifications of premeditated murder.Hennis is now on death row at an Army facility in Fort Leavenworth, Kan., while his lawyers plan his appeal. The case could eventually reach the U.S. Supreme Court.

This, of course, is entirely different than the military calling up some old geezers for actual service. But the story was interesting, at least to me.

Reality Check

Ex-Con Terry Lakin

Postby Reality Check » Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:08 am

The second motion hearing in the US v Lakin is tentatively scheduled for 11 am tomorrow at Fort Meade. Judge Lind will again be presiding. I believe these are open to the public if anyone in the DC area has time to attend. I imagine Phil Cave will go if his schedule permits.
“The reality of what we really are is often times found in the small snips, way down at the bottom of things.” – Jean Shepherd

Foggy

Ex-Con Terry Lakin

Postby Foggy » Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:16 am

Just read on CAAFlog that Cave won't make it, or any of their crew. Maybe some volunteer from the Fogbow can make it?
Show me, show me, show me how you do that trick! The one that makes me scream, she said.

Whatever4

Ex-Con Terry Lakin

Postby Whatever4 » Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:05 pm

Just read on CAAFlog that Cave won't make it, or any of their crew. Maybe some volunteer from the Fogbow can make it?

Drat, plane gets in at 1:00. Can't do. :((

tjh

Ex-Con Terry Lakin

Postby tjh » Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:49 pm

http://www.safeguardourconstitution.com/September 27, 2010 @ 2 pm ET

We have now filed our Petition for a Writ of Mandamus in the Army Court of Criminal Appeals, but the trial court is going to proceed with a hearing tomorrow (Tuesday) as scheduled. Stay tuned for more news after the hearing.

Edit : posted at http://court-martial-ucmj.com/lakin-2/ltc-lakin-sitrep-6/comment-page-1/#comment-1271

MaineSkeptic

Ex-Con Terry Lakin

Postby MaineSkeptic » Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:52 pm

We have now filed our Petition for a Writ of Mandamus in the Army Court of Criminal Appeals, but the trial court is going to proceed with a hearing tomorrow (Tuesday) as scheduled. Stay tuned for more news after the hearing.

But the site still says "Judge To Rule On Defense Request...", and even though they admit to filing with an appeals court, they haven't acknowledged what they're appealing.I really think the defense team is in disarray.

hitch

Ex-Con Terry Lakin

Postby hitch » Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:59 pm

I really think the defense team is in disarray.

doubt the defense team was ever in array.

verbalobe

Ex-Con Terry Lakin

Postby verbalobe » Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:08 pm

I really think the defense team is in disarray.

doubt the defense team was ever in array.

I agree. When your objectives are muddled, tactics and strategy will fall to disorder.

Lakin's "team"'s objectives have been -- probably in about this order of priority:

[*:3f202h8l]Raise money to line the Foundation's (Jensen's, Hemenway's, etc.) pockets

[*:3f202h8l]Manufacture a cause celebre to draw people to #1

[*:3f202h8l]As a side benefit of #2, sow doubt and cultivate opposition to the democratically elected administration

[*:3f202h8l]Coddle Lakin so he stays on message and on program

[*:3f202h8l]Last, and least, secure acquittal or minimum sentencing for Lakin.Really, you can hardly call it a "defense" team.

TexasFilly

Ex-Con Terry Lakin

Postby TexasFilly » Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:18 pm

Edit : posted at http://court-martial-ucmj.com/lakin-2/ltc-lakin-sitrep-6/comment-page-1/#comment-1271

Once again, they aren't linking to their Application for Writ of Mandamus. We haven't seen many of the defense filings... wonder why? Funny how these birthers are always so brave, yet they hide their legal arguments whenever possible.

Sterngard Friegen

Ex-Con Terry Lakin

Postby Sterngard Friegen » Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:08 pm

Drat, plane gets in at 1:00. Can't do. :((

Speed it up. Tell 'em you have to be at The Event.

greghe

Ex-Con Terry Lakin

Postby greghe » Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:08 pm

...Stay tuned for more news after the hearing.

The webmasters of the APF website haven't updated their web site with any news after Lakin's last hearing (nearly a month ago) - so why would anyone expect them to update their website after tomorrow's hearing?

twinx

Ex-Con Terry Lakin

Postby twinx » Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:24 pm

The webmasters of the AFP website haven't updated their web site with any news after Lakin's last hearing (nearly a month ago) - so why would anyone expect them to update their website after tomorrow's hearing?

Well, not least because this is a

Constitutional and Military Crisis of Biblical Proportions

;)

Welcome to the FogBow, Greg. :-bd

parsifal

Ex-Con Terry Lakin

Postby parsifal » Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:50 pm

Oh, what's a day without some dubble entendres?There once was a fellow named Lakin.Who's view of the law was mistaken.He landed in jailWith a "Bubba" from hell,Who asked if his seat had been taken.parsy, who wonders if that is maybe too risque???

mimi

Ex-Con Terry Lakin

Postby mimi » Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:08 pm

Oh, what's a day without some dubble entendres?There once was a fellow named Lakin.Who's view of the law was mistaken.He landed in jailWith a "Bubba" from hell,Who asked if his seat had been taken.parsy, who wonders if that is maybe too risque???

:lol:

DaveMuckey

Ex-Con Terry Lakin

Postby DaveMuckey » Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:13 pm

Parsi, you could put Lakin in as a player in the Aristocrats joke and you wouldn't offend me. In fact, we could see how many birfer players we can, ummm, insert into the Aristocrats joke.Cawntest!!!![edit]Orly and Phil walk into a promoter's office, followed by a tattered group of people and some assorted domestic animals....[/edit]

verbalobe

Ex-Con Terry Lakin

Postby verbalobe » Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:46 pm

Parsi, you could put Lakin in as a player in the Aristocrats joke and you wouldn't offend me. In fact, we could see how many birfer players we can, ummm, insert into the Aristocrats joke.Cawntest!!!![edit]Orly and Phil walk into a promoter's office, followed by a tattered group of people and some assorted domestic animals....[/edit]

Well... considering 'Phil' is from the Greek for 'love,' and 'Orly' is from the Moldovan for 'barnyard'....

Reality Check

Ex-Con Terry Lakin

Postby Reality Check » Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:09 pm

If anyone chooses to go and if turns out to be eventful then it might merit an RC Radio special edition. {SMILIES_PATH}/pray.gif

Return to “Miscellaneous”