Falsehoods unchallenged only fester and grow.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3536 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 142  Next   
PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:45 pm 

Location: FEMA Camp 17 -- Malibu (Hey! You! Get off the lawn!)
OK, everybody. Here is the new thread for "the worst lawyer in the history of the human race," to quote an unnamed lawyer in OC Weekly. This thread is about her run for office in California (assuming she can get other people to fork up the $2600 she claims she needs to file).

Have at it.

Realist lives to serve. Foggy does it for the children. I'm in it for the schadenfreude.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:51 pm 

From Orly's House of Nitrous today:

Quote:
I need your help. I need to raise at least $2,600 filing fee before March 11th to put my name on the balot as a Republican candidate for the Secretary of state of CA

― Donald Trump

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:15 pm 

Run, Orly, Run ..... -- I think we need an "Obots for Orly" fun[d]-raising effrot.

Just collecting a couple of related links, already posted elsewhere

http://www.appeal-democrat.com/articles/dunn-92312-state-voting.html

Thomas D. Elias: Two likely winners in this state race

Quote:
No one in California politics gives 33-year-old Republican Damon Dunn much chance of unseating Democratic Secretary of State Debra Bowen this fall.

Not only is she a well-entrenched political veteran, but even Dunn, a Baptist pastor and former football player turned Orange County-based real estate developer and shopping mall owner, concedes she has a record of accomplishment in her first four years of holding statewide office, especially when it comes to restoring voters' faith in the state's voting techniques.

"She gets credit for restoring some integrity to the process," Dunn said in an interview, referring to Bowen's review of electronic voting machines and the resulting return to large-scale use of paper ballots. In fact, she gets so much credit that as of early March, Dunn was the only declared Republican candidate running against her. There was still a possibility that another might jump in: Orly Taitz, another Orange County figure who is a leader of the "birther" movement that questions whether President Obama is eligible for his job.

.... [ no further mention of Dr Obly's chances ] ...

http://www.orlytaitzesq.com/?p=8455
Quote:
Details on Orange County Federation of Republican women

Posted on | March 1, 2010 | No Comments

There has been a change to our program for the Thursday, March 4, 2010 OCFRW meeting. As you know all members of the Orange County Federation of Republican Women are invited to attend our monthly meetings but you must make reservations.

Costa Mesa Country Club
1701 Golf Course Drive
Costa Mesa, CA
Meeting: 10 AM
Cost $21.00

Reservations: Call or e-mail Betty Dickson at 562-694-XXXX Bettydickson@XXXX.com

Program for the day:

Shari Friedrich

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:22 pm 

http://www.orlytaitzesq.com/?p=7534

Quote:
Important

Posted on | January 24, 2010 | Comments Off

Several of my supporters have recommended that I run for an office of the Secretary of State of Ca or Attorney General. As a secretary of State or attorney general I will have standing to try in court issues that were tabu to all of us as individuals. Here is a situation:

1. we don

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:28 pm 

mari wrote:
Is there a way we can arrange a candidate debate? We know Orly will show! She'll show for the opening of an envelope. I nominate Stern as moderator. And Wavey Davey needs to have an important role!

I vote for David Shuster as moderator. I just loved that video.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:59 pm 
The Guinness Book of World Records currently lists Katherine Harris as the worst secretary of state ever. Whereas I once thought that excising Katherine would be like pulling teeth, our own Orly will extract her like a cheap bridge stuck on with Poligrip.

Now, if only she can raise a paltry $2600. That's about the price of two crowns, isn't it?

You go, gal! Now get out there and light up that PayPal button, folks!

[Uh, that's the PayPal button for your non-profit, tax deductible foundation, right? Oh well, I'm sure that's just a de minimis detail.]

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:59 pm 

From a publicity perspective, running on as third party candidate would have been better -- she probably can survive the primary (because only five people care who actually gets nominated) and then coast on "Candidate for Secretary of State" until November. (From a tactical perspective, I don't think the Republican party will want her on the November ballot, and will support an Anybody But Taitz (ABT) candidate. So she'll be gone by June.) Of course, the problem is which third party...I would suggest the American Independent Party, but she's already pissed off their official chaplain, Drake. :D

I'm guessing Taitz is a registered republican, and she blew the deadline to switch parties for the purpose of this race.

ASSUME ANYTHING WRITTEN HERE WILL END UP ON TAITZ'S SITE AND FACEBOOK. AND JEROME CORSI WILL POST SCREENSHOTS TO WND. AND WILL BE FILED BY A BIRTHER AS AN EXHIBIT IN FEDERAL COURT. NOW HAVE FUN!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:24 pm 

TerribleTom wrote:

[Uh, that's the PayPal button for your non-profit, tax deductible foundation, right? Oh well, I'm sure that's just a de minimis detail.]

Had to fix that for ya.

An IRS tax-exempt org. would have some 'splainin to do collecting funds for political purposes. [-X She supposedly has an application pending (which, under normal circumstances, should have been approved looong ago. But Orly & paperwork...).

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:26 pm 

TerribleTom wrote:

If she never actually got non-profit status for her foundation... Then she could use it? Except she's saying it IS non-profit when it isn't... #-o Ouch, my brain...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:28 pm 

bob wrote:
I'm guessing Taitz is a registered republican, and she blew the deadline to switch parties for the purpose of this race.

Have we established whether or not Orly is actually registered to vote, or has ever voted? Another de minimis detail, I suppose. :lol:

“The main thing that I learned about conspiracy theory, is that conspiracy theorists believe in a conspiracy because that is more comforting. The truth of the world is that it is actually chaotic. The truth is that it is not The Iluminati, or The Jewish Banking Conspiracy, or the Gray Alien Theory.

The truth is far more frightening - Nobody is in control. The world is rudderless.”

― Alan Moore

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:37 pm 
Highlands wrote:
Have we established whether or not Orly is actually registered to vote, or has ever voted? Another de minimis detail, I suppose. :lol:

Don't you have to be a citizen to vote? Has she ever proven that she's even a U.S. citizen and not just a Moldovan spy?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:40 pm 

muldrake wrote:
Highlands wrote:

Don't you have to be a citizen to vote? Has she ever proven that she's even a U.S. citizen and not just a Moldovan spy?

Release the long-form naturalization papers, Obly!

“The main thing that I learned about conspiracy theory, is that conspiracy theorists believe in a conspiracy because that is more comforting. The truth of the world is that it is actually chaotic. The truth is that it is not The Iluminati, or The Jewish Banking Conspiracy, or the Gray Alien Theory.

The truth is far more frightening - Nobody is in control. The world is rudderless.”

― Alan Moore

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:02 pm 
elliewyatt wrote:
TerribleTom wrote:

Had to fix that for ya.

Heh. The only fix necessary was to enlarge the bulge where I planted my tongue in my cheek. Do we need an emoticon for that? #-o

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:15 pm 

TerribleTom wrote:

Heh. The only fix necessary was to enlarge the bulge where I planted my tongue

Damn, you skeered me when I was reading this and wondering how the sentence would end. :o

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:16 pm 

Occupation: Domestic goddess and vampire slayer (but not at the same time)
muldrake wrote:
Has she ever proven that she's even a U.S. citizen and not just a Moldovan spy?

Not to my knowledge. I find myself not believing she is. I read somewhere or other where she made the comment that when she married Yosi, she became a citizen. Marrying an American citizen doesn't automatically bestow citizenship, as we all know here, which makes me wonder if she's ever gone through the naturalization process or just believes that she's an American citizen by marriage without having to jump through any hoops. I'm curious about what passport she travels on.

If Orly's not a naturalized American citizen she'll never admit to it, plus she'll be indignant about any demands to see her documents (invasion of her privacy, dontcha know). The irony of her double standard will be completely lost on her.

Hate is universal, but it rarely survives a good bitch-slapping. ~Estiveo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:21 pm 

Lola_Getz wrote:
If Orly's not a naturalized American citizen she'll never admit to it, plus she'll be indignant about any demands to see her documents (invasion of her privacy, dontcha know).

The qualifications necessary to run for Secretary of State of California are surprisingly lax. However, a candidate must be a registered voter, and only U.S. citizens may register to vote.

ASSUME ANYTHING WRITTEN HERE WILL END UP ON TAITZ'S SITE AND FACEBOOK. AND JEROME CORSI WILL POST SCREENSHOTS TO WND. AND WILL BE FILED BY A BIRTHER AS AN EXHIBIT IN FEDERAL COURT. NOW HAVE FUN!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:29 pm 

TerribleTom wrote:
The Guinness Book of World Records currently lists Katherine Harris as the worst secretary of state ever. Whereas I once thought that excising Katherine would be like pulling teeth, our own Orly will extract her like a cheap bridge stuck on with Poligrip.

If that doesn't take the metaphor of the day prize, nothing will.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:22 pm 

TerribleTom wrote:
The Guinness Book of World Records currently lists Katherine Harris as the worst secretary of state ever.

does this make katherine harris "the orly taitz of secretaries of state"?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:45 pm 

aarrgghh wrote:
does this make katherine harris "the orly taitz of secretaries of state"?

IANAL.. but:

res ipsa loquitur

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:30 pm 

Lola_Getz wrote:
If Orly's not a naturalized American citizen she'll never admit to it, plus she'll be indignant about any demands to see her documents (invasion of her privacy, dontcha know). The irony of her double standard will be completely lost on her.

Aren't naturalization papers part of the public record in the USA? Maybe someone who lives there would like to look Orly's up?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:08 am 

Location: FEMA Camp 17 -- Malibu (Hey! You! Get off the lawn!)
From the genius herself:
Quote:

I need your help. I need to raise at least $2,600 filing fee before March 11th to put my name on the ballot as a Republican candidate for the Secretary of state of CA

Quote:
PJ Forsythe
March 2nd, 2010 @ 8:42 pm
How and to whom should the money be donated, Lady Liberty?

Quote:
dr_taitz@yahoo.com
March 3rd, 2010 @ 1:44 am
it needs to be separate. You need to note for

Realist lives to serve. Foggy does it for the children. I'm in it for the schadenfreude.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:43 am 

Sterngard Friegen wrote:

Quote:
dr_taitz@yahoo.com
March 3rd, 2010 @ 1:44 am
it needs to be separate. You need to note for

Birtherism is so ridiculous that I no longer feel obligated to treat proponents w/slightest degree of respect or civility

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:35 am 

Orly's latest

Quote:
Thank you and please help me succeed
Posted on | March 3, 2010 | No Comments

Currently there is another Republican, who announced his intention to run for the position of the Secretary of State of CA. his name is Damon Dunn. He is a former football player, who made some money in football, invested it in some real estate, has nothing to do and decided to run for the position of Sec of State of CA as a stepping stone for higher National office. This guy has no background in law, elections, election law, he didn

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:18 pm 
hitch wrote:
Orly's latest

Quote:
Thank you and please help me succeed
Posted on | March 3, 2010 | No Comments
Currently there is another Republican... This guy has no background in law, elections, election law...

Please, explain to him, how much work I

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:23 pm 

Orly had someone write that last tidbit for her. Too many definite articles and coherent sentences. I wonder what sucker she found to ghostwrite for her now?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3536 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 142  Next