Don't You Think He Looks Tired?

p0rtia

Don't You Think He Looks Tired?

Post by p0rtia » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:38 am

So he's slurring his words; his signature was shaky yesterday; the MSM is talking about fuckhead's mental and physical health.

Here's a place for us to talk about it.

I have a vested interest: I bet "He'll never make it four years" in the family pool (NADT).

No matter where you go, there you are! :towel:

Addie

Re: Don't You Think He Looks Tired?

Post by Addie » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:49 am

It was his face that got my attention, before I listened to what he was saying, though I should admit that it's a face I manage to avoid looking at usually and his facial expressions could have been that way for a while. I wondered if he's had a stroke or something.

¡Qué vergüenza!

GreatGrey

Post by GreatGrey » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:53 am

Twitter Withdrawal

I am not "someone upthread".
Trump needs to be smashed into some kind of inedible orange pâté.

MsDaisy

Post by MsDaisy » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:58 am

I do think he looks very tired, cross posting from the President Trump thread. I didn't see this one :oops:

He’s breathing is a bit labored too, doG knows what all those Big Macs and Fish sammiches have done to his blood levels, his tension levels have been consistently off the scale for quite a while too and he's looking pretty puffed and exhausted. Seriously, who knew being President could be so hard? How long before he lands in a hospital somewhere I wonder?

Birfers are toast

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:09 am

Someone (Suranis?) mentioned that Trump had not tweeted for an exceptional long time (hours). Did his lawyer offer that one tweet to cover the void while Trump was recoverying from what slight issue may have passed him by? A brush of a heart attack perhaps? Seems Trump didn't miss any official planned events though.

p0rtia

Post by p0rtia » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:12 am

Addie wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:49 am
It was his face that got my attention, before I listened to what he was saying, though I should admit that it's a face I manage to avoid looking at usually and his facial expressions could have been that way for a while. I wondered if he's had a stroke or something.
Bless you for looking at his face. I can't stand it, but of course it's hard to avoid these day. I am weak, so I look away whenever I spot it (I've got terminal whiplash). I can't actually gear up to study it.

The did play the relevant slurring excerpt on Morning Joe today, and I did listen to that. Is there a doctor in the house?

And I have a friend who is a big-time handwriting analyst. I don't actually believe in what she does, but I'm gonna throw the signature past her and see what she thinks.

No matter where you go, there you are! :towel:

neeneko

Post by neeneko » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:19 am

Hrm.

Normally planting the seed of doubt regarding a leader's health is a good way to get their supporters started down the 'what next?' route and can be very effective at undercutting their ability to, well lead. But I wonder if it could have an impact here? The GoP is already somewhere between paralyzed and fractured regarding what happens after trump is out of power. Hrm.

Sugar Magnolia

Post by Sugar Magnolia » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:37 am

MsDaisy wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:58 am
I do think he looks very tired, cross posting from the President Trump thread. I didn't see this one :oops:

He’s breathing is a bit labored too, doG knows what all those Big Macs and Fish sammiches have done to his blood levels, his tension levels have been consistently off the scale for quite a while too and he's looking pretty puffed and exhausted. Seriously, who knew being President could be so hard? How long before he lands in a hospital somewhere I wonder?
This brings to mind a question I had about his menu choices. Do any McD's actually serve malteds or is trump just to stupid to know what he's drinking?

Shizzle Popped

Post by Shizzle Popped » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:38 am

My brother and I have been saying for months that he looks increasingly unhealthy and can't seem to walk any real distance. He has a poor diet, is stressed out and unhappy, and is known to go off in fits of rage on a fairly regular basis. This is not a recipe for a long, healthy life. We both think there's pretty high chance he'll stroke out sometime before the end of this term. Maybe we're seeing the first signs of this?

If a deficit spending, constant golfing, blame shirking, Russia lover is your guy then the next time somebody asks "Hey conservatives,do you love America?" you have to say "Sure,but not as much as I love my side winning."
Neal Brennan

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:10 am

Ministrokes. He has 'em.

MsDaisy

Post by MsDaisy » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:10 am

Sugar Magnolia wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:37 am
MsDaisy wrote:

This brings to mind a question I had about his menu choices. Do any McD's actually serve malteds or is trump just to stupid to know what he's drinking?
I’m clueless of what’s on a McDonalds menu. I even have my grandchildren trained, whenever we pass one in the car we all start yucking! :lol: I did as a matter of interest look it up on the intertubes just to see and no, they don’t have malteds. They do however have cappuccinos, macchiatos, mochas, and lattes. Who knew?

http://www.mcdonalds.com/us/en-us/full-menu/mccafe.html

Birfers are toast

Sugar Magnolia

Post by Sugar Magnolia » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:25 am

MsDaisy wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:10 am
Sugar Magnolia wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:37 am
MsDaisy wrote:

I’m clueless of what’s on a McDonalds menu. I even have my grandchildren trained, whenever we pass one in the car we all start yucking! :lol: I did as a matter of interest look it up on the intertubes just to see and no, they don’t have malteds. They do however have cappuccinos, macchiatos, mochas, and lattes. Who knew?

http://www.mcdonalds.com/us/en-us/full-menu/mccafe.html
The lattes I know about because they are a guilty pleasure of mine. A few times a month I take an alternate route to the studio and pass a McD's. I usually stop for a latte when I do. Oddly, I never stop for them any other time, no matter how many McD's I pass.

Estiveo

Post by Estiveo » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:33 am

I never understood Mcdonalds milkshakes: how is it that they stay thick yet granular at room temperature? The alchemy involved must violate many natural laws.

"Cosmic apotheosis wears off faster than salvia." --Rick Sanchez

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:37 am

Estiveo wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:33 am
I never understood Mcdonalds milkshakes: how is it that they stay thick yet granular at room temperature? The alchemy involved must violate many natural laws.
They use seaweed carrageenan to thicken the shakes.

Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

AndyinPA

Post by AndyinPA » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:44 am

To us, Mickie D's is Bathrooms of America. Actually, when we stop to use the restroom, we sometimes get a cup of their coffee. It is not bad, and I'm a fussy coffee drinker.

But more on topic, 45 has been in office for nearly a year (gag). When is the annual physical going to happen?

Okay, that question made me curious enough to search it as I've been thinking about it. Turns out, it's not required, so that will be the end of that.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/quora/2017 ... eb143b2397
There is no legal requirement whatsoever regarding the President’s physical health, nor is the president under any legal obligation to assess or disclose it.

:snippity:

I think one of the lessons of the Trump era is going to be - don’t make assumptions about what is legal, not legal, required, or not required. When it gets right down to it, unwritten rules are worth the paper they’re printed on. In my own casual conversations, when people ask things like this, using words like “required”, my follow up question is always “required by whom? And who, specifically, enforces that? What happens, specifically, when that requirement is not met?” Don’t assume - if you can’t answer those questions, it’s probably not a “requirement” at all. In politics and even in government, many things we think of as obligations and requirements are actually more like suggestions held together only by tradition, convention, and the will of people to hold those in power accountable. Which, as Trump is proving, can always be flat-out ignored or bigfooted.

Dolly

Post by Dolly » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:06 am

Former McCain aide Steve Schmidt: Trump's 'impairment is chilling'

Sen. John McCain's (R-Ariz.) former presidential campaign manager, Steve Schmidt, said early Thursday that President Trump was "clearly slurring his words" during an announcement that the U.S. will recognize Jerusalem as the Israeli capital, adding that "the impairment is chilling."

I don’t know the cause of it, but when you combine it with [Sen.] Bob Corker’s (R-Tenn.) critique that the president of the United States is unstable, that he’s dangerous, when you look at the private comments that are made by members of Congress around his stability, you look at his actions in recent weeks," said Schmidt, who is also an MSNBC contributor, on MSNBC's "Morning Joe.

The question of his fitness, of his stability, is in the air," Schmidt later added. "And it doesn’t get better when you see clear impairments.

Trump on Wednesday announced the U.S. will recognize Jerusalem as its capital and move the U.S. Embassy there from Tel Aviv, keeping a campaign promise made in 2016.

The president appeared to have an issue with his speech toward the end of the speech. Some in the media and many on social media speculated that he wears dentures and they were falling out, affecting his speech.

#DentureDonald" was trending on Twitter for most of Wednesday into Thursday.

A White House spokesman, however, attributed Trump's slurred speech to "dry throat."
"I don’t know. Is that a tooth problem? Is that something else?" Schmidt asked on Thursday. "Presidents every year typically go to the Bethesda naval hospital for a checkup. This president, to my knowledge, is departing from that. We don't have updates on his health. We don’t know what’s going on, but this is a legitimate issue worthy of consideration. This is the man who commands America’s nuclear arsenal. And that video, that speech, that impairment, is chilling."

<SNIP>
http://thehill.com/homenews/media/36371 ... s-chilling

Avatar by Tal Peleg Art of Makeup https://www.facebook.com/TalPelegMakeUp

AndyinPA

Post by AndyinPA » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:17 am

Trevor Noah suggested on The Daily Show last night that it might be dentures slipping. I don't know if that's a good explanation when you combine it with the sloppy signature and the fact that he seemed to be holding on tightly to the podium. He looked distressed more than would be occasioned by a denture problem.

As Trevor said, a slipping denture is really nothing to be ashamed of--unless you're DT. :rotflmao:

qbawl

Post by qbawl » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:43 am

AndyinPA wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:17 am
Trevor Noah suggested on The Daily Show last night that it might be dentures slipping. I don't know if that's a good explanation when you combine it with the sloppy signature and the fact that he seemed to be holding on tightly to the podium. He looked distressed more than would be occasioned by a denture problem.

As Trevor said, a slipping denture is really nothing to be ashamed of--unless you're DT. :rotflmao:
I am having serious doubts that "dentures" are the problem. A person with his financial assets has surely had access to great dental care. I am the same age and relatively speaking a pauper and I have no dental appliances that are removable. Even if he was subject to some severe dental disease along the way or just dentist averse (maybe time in the Taitz chair scarred him for life) I think those issues would have been addressed when he got the "Apprentice" gig and much more likely to have implants than dentures as a solution.

GreatGrey

Post by GreatGrey » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:01 am

They’re all morons.

I am not "someone upthread".
Trump needs to be smashed into some kind of inedible orange pâté.

Sugar Magnolia

Post by Sugar Magnolia » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:20 am

GreatGrey wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:01 am
They’re all morons.

Well, he had to change the quote because the date obviously didn't live on in infamy, as evidenced by melania's tweet.

kate520

Post by kate520 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:46 am

First time I listened yesterday I thought it was dentures. But the way he left the podium, with Pence looking a mite concerned, makes me think mini stroke.

Yay!! He does look older, more stressed, more stupid if that’s even possible. That’s the only thing I got left...this job will kill him.

Patriotism is the last refuge of a Scoundrel.
Samuel Johnson
April 7, 1775

Slartibartfast

Post by Slartibartfast » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:55 am

Honestly, I think there's about a 90% chance that, if asked, I would have said the quote as "a day which will live in infamy. It is, however, the birthday of a friend that lived across the street when we were kids (he still comes over to his parent's house most Sundays) too. also.

Happy B-Day!

As for Trump, I think this thread should be focused on data (especially things that are measurably changing or start occurring more frequently) rather than speculation about causes. If Trump is in the early stages of dementia (or is suffering mini-strokes), then things are only going to get worse and getting people to acknowledge and deal with it may literally be a matter of life and death for the entire planet. Too much speculation prior to getting sufficient data now can hurt credibility later (cf. climate change in general and An Inconvenient Truth in particular). And if it is just his dentures then there are roughly eleventy bazillion other things that are more important.

"Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat."
---Sun Tzu (quoting Thomas Jefferson)
nam-myoho-renge-kyo---Thomas Jefferson (quoting Slartibartfast)

foilwatcher

Post by foilwatcher » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:15 pm

The slurring was disturbing but watching him as he left the podium and his mouth movements was almost more alarming. The signature also a giveaway that something was amiss and it wasnt dry throat. Whatever it was it was transitory and could have possibly been a TIA.

"Well la de freakin' da!" ~~ Matt Foley

GhostOfSolomon

Post by GhostOfSolomon » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:26 pm

One must not accept any doctrine from reverence, but first try it as gold is tried by fire.

#IngloriousBastard
#Wolverine

TexasFilly

Post by TexasFilly » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:30 pm

1. Prior to any discussion, my husband saw Trump on tee vee yesterday, and said he looked terrible. I think he always looks terrible;

2. I don't think Donnie wears dentures, I think he has a mouth full of veneers. They are abnormally white;

3. I've notice that Trump, DJTJ and Ivanka seem to have teeth that don't fit their mouths. All three of them seem to have to stretch their lips to cover their teeth. Could be genetic, or could be the same dentist whose cosmetic dentistry skills are a bit lacking;

4. Could be TIAs or early Altzheimer's/Dementia. I am not an MD, but it's interesting.

I love the poorly educated!!!

I believe Anita Hill!

Return to “Trump Administration”