Don't You Think He Looks Tired?

p0rtia

Re: Don't You Think He Looks Tired?

Post by p0rtia » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:05 pm

So my friend the handwriting analyst says, yeah, duh, physiological problem.

No matter where you go, there you are! :towel:

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:45 pm

IAALAIPOOTI* Therefore I am expert in all things medical.

Trump is clearly having ministrokes. He already has some cerebral impairment. It will get worse. The 25th amendment covers this situation. But since the entire cabinet is complicit things will have to get a lot worse -- think Woodrow Wilson -- before they act.

In the meantime, I hope Trump has lots and lots of happy meals. :happydance:

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:25 pm

http://thehill.com/homenews/administrat ... -next-year
President Trump will have a physical exam early next year at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center and the results will be released to the public, the White House announced Thursday.

The announcement came one day after Trump slurred his speech during remarks about Israel, sparking speculation about his health.

White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders denied it was the result of a medical problem.

“The president’s throat was dry, nothing more than that,” she told reporters.

Sanders called the questions about Trump's health "frankly, pretty ridiculous."

AndyinPA

Post by AndyinPA » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:34 pm

Yeah, really ridiculous when you consider his diet.

:sarcasm:

And I will believe he's having the physical exam when I see it. Okay, not really see it.

:nooo:

RVInit

Post by RVInit » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:39 pm

AndyinPA wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:34 pm
Yeah, really ridiculous when you consider his diet.

:sarcasm:

And I will believe he's having the physical exam when I see it. Okay, not really see it.

:nooo:
I know what you mean. Saying he's going to have a physical sometime after the new year is pretty much like saying it isn't going to happen, considering the source and the subject. I'll believe the physical exam took place when a doctor who has been working at Walter Reed for longer than Trump has been in office, and who has no connection to him in any way, shape, or form gets on the TV and says that (s)he personally conducted the exam and then follows up with the results. Something tells me that Trump is going to try to get his famous doctor special permission to "conduct an exam" using an exam room at Walter Reed

"I know that human being and fish can coexist peacefully"
--- George W Bush

SLQ

Post by SLQ » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:39 pm

AndyinPA wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:17 am
Trevor Noah suggested on The Daily Show last night that it might be dentures slipping. I don't know if that's a good explanation when you combine it with the sloppy signature and the fact that he seemed to be holding on tightly to the podium. He looked distressed more than would be occasioned by a denture problem.

As Trevor said, a slipping denture is really nothing to be ashamed of--unless you're DT. :rotflmao:
I watched it a couple of times, and it was very, very odd. Dentures may be a possibility. Mostly I say this beceause it reminded me of how Mrs. Doubtfire talked in this scene, and I find that hilarious (my deepest apologies to Robin Williams for the comparison):

Mikedunford

Post by Mikedunford » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:48 pm

Doing the exam at Bethesda is mostly theatre. There's some specialty stuff, like stress tests and some imaging, that has to be done there. But the basics and lab work can all be done at the WH, by the WH physicians.
Edit:
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.

I believe that each era finds a improvement in law each year brings something new for the benefit of mankind.

--Clarence Earl Gideon

GreatGrey

Post by GreatGrey » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:13 pm

It’s still never been explained why his primary doctor, Bornstein, is a gastroenterologist.

What’s wrong with his colon?

I am not "someone upthread".
Trump needs to be smashed into some kind of inedible orange pâté.

AndyinPA

Post by AndyinPA » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:25 pm

SLQ wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:39 pm
SLQ wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:39 pm
AndyinPA wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:17 am
Trevor Noah suggested on The Daily Show last night that it might be dentures slipping. I don't know if that's a good explanation when you combine it with the sloppy signature and the fact that he seemed to be holding on tightly to the podium. He looked distressed more than would be occasioned by a denture problem.

As Trevor said, a slipping denture is really nothing to be ashamed of--unless you're DT. :rotflmao:
I watched it a couple of times, and it was very, very odd. Dentures may be a possibility. Mostly I say this beceause it reminded me of how Mrs. Doubtfire talked in this scene, and I find that hilarious (my deepest apologies to our dearly departed Robin Williams for the comparison):
Off Topic
Slight change of subject, but considering what's going on with Al Franken today, clearly this today is stalking. Times change. This was a funny movie at the time. Franken was a comedian at the time.
Anyway, funny clip!

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:54 pm

Nicolle Wallace on MSNBC just juxtaposed Trump's slurred speech on Jerusalem with an interview he gave in 1988. The difference is amazing.

I actually have a clip of myself being interviewed by Dick Shoemaker in September 1974 on the ABC Nightly News. I have shown it to family and friends. They say (and I confirm) that I speak and sound now exactly as I did then. And I'm older than Trump.

As for the Trump's speaking style, in the last 10 years it sounds like he's been taking lessons from Sarah Palin.

Dolly

Post by Dolly » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:59 pm

I didn't see the speech posted here. Sorry if I missed it. IMO, it sounds like he has a bunch of saliva in his mouth and needs to shut up and swallow. schluurp.

from another link:
WHITE HOUSE SOLVED MYSTERY OF DONALD TRUMP’S SLURRED SPEECH—AND IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH HIS TEETH
President Donald Trump’s slurred words during a speech announcing his controversial decision to move the U.S. embassy in Israel to Jerusalem are being dismissed by the White House as the result of a dry throat.
During his speech, Trump slurred several words, including the pronunciation of United States as “Shtatesh.”
Trump has had difficulty speaking during a couple of recent addresses. During a televised speech summarizing his trip to Asia last month, Trump appeared to have trouble breathing and stopped to drink from a bottle with two hands.
The president’s difficulty getting his words out Wednesday led to speculation on social media that Trump wears false teeth.

The White House dismissed this speculation and said the president merely had a dry throat.
http://www.newsweek.com/white-house-cla ... has-740829

Avatar by Tal Peleg Art of Makeup https://www.facebook.com/TalPelegMakeUp

maydijo

Post by maydijo » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:22 pm

I had speech therapy for an exceptionally long time when I was a child and so I'm rather aware of the shapes your mouth, lips, and tongue make in speaking. When you have a dry throat and say a word like "states" your tongues would typically stick to the roof of your mouth when forming the "t" leading to a hard and more pronounced T sound and a more drawn-out, snake-like "s." To make a "sh" sound your tongue curls up and the tip of your tongue moves behind the top plate of your teeth. It's not a place your tongue would normally go if you're trying to say '"st" - in fact, saying "sht" is actually quite tricky and (for me at least) comes off more as two syllables than one ("sh-t".) If your throat is dry the natural thing to do, if you don't have a bottle of your official Fiji Water handy, is to swallow your spit. When you swallow your spit your tongue lays flat against the bottom of your mouth, perhaps curling up a bit at the sides, but swallowing while your tongue is in a "sh" position is (for me at least) difficult and uncomfortable. Further, the air circulated in your mouth when you say "sh" dries out your mouth, so if you had a dry throat you would try to avoid making a "sh" unless you had to - it's not the sort of thing you'd do to increase the amount of spit in your mouth. I can't see how "shtates" or "Jerusha" can be explained by having a dry throat. It seems more likely that he is not in full control of his tongue. Coupled with the unnatural baby-bird O of his mouth when he speaks, I wouldn't be surprised if he had a stroke at some point which has affected his speech. (He clearly wasn't listening to his speech therapist, if he even had one, because I don't speak with my mouth in that weird little O, nor does my son, who has also required quite a bit of speech therapy as he has a moderate to severe hearing impairment.) I wouldn't rule out a series of ministrokes either. I am not a speech therapist nor am I a doctor, but again, I had 9 years of speech therapy as a kid. My father in law had ministrokes all the time. If you spend a lot of time with someone they're easy to pick up because of changes in speech, demeanor, etc. There may be some other explanation, but dry throat doesn't make sense.

MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:45 pm

Is there any way that a physician can ascertain for certain if someone has had small strokes? Are there any specific tests or is it just a comparison of actions today compared to actions in the past?

maydijo

Post by maydijo » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:49 pm

MN-Skeptic wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:45 pm
Is there any way that a physician can ascertain for certain if someone has had small strokes? Are there any specific tests or is it just a comparison of actions today compared to actions in the past?
There are tests doctors can do to determine if someone has had a mini-stroke. But you've got to have a patient who is willing to be tested.

AndyinPA

Post by AndyinPA » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:59 pm

My sister had mini strokes before she was 50 years old. It was very easy for them to tell after the fact (with scans, I think). My husband's grandmother had a heart attack and they picked that up after the fact, too.

RVInit

Post by RVInit » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:10 pm

Sanjay Gupta said something along the lines that he didn't think it was a medical issue, because Trump seemed to walk normally from the lectern, ahem, :blink: to the table. He didn't address the handwriting though. Hmm.

--- George W Bush

neeneko

Post by neeneko » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:11 pm

MN-Skeptic wrote:
The only way to be sure is to dissect the brain mwaa haa haa!

jemcanada

Post by jemcanada » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:18 pm

neeneko wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:11 pm
MN-Skeptic wrote:
That's not a problem. Trump isn't using his brain anyway.

RVInit

Post by RVInit » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:19 pm

neeneko wrote:
MN-Skeptic wrote:
:like:

--- George W Bush

RoadScholar

Post by RoadScholar » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:35 pm

GreatGrey wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:13 pm
It’s still never been explained why his primary doctor, Bornstein, is a gastroenterologist.

Maybe it’s because Trump is 100% colon.

The bitterest truth is healthier than the sweetest lie.
X3

RVInit

Post by RVInit » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:38 pm

RoadScholar wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:35 pm
GreatGrey wrote:

Maybe it’s because Trump is 100% colon.
:rotflmao:

--- George W Bush

Fiona

Post by Fiona » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:50 pm

:snippity:
Trump is clearly having ministrokes. He already has some cerebral impairment.

I concur with :geezertowel:on his assessment. TIAs are a strong possibility. Given his 'puffy' appearance and apparent activity intolerance, I'd really like a look at those ankles and a listen to the lungs.

I am not a doctor, However, I am an RN. :-D

PS: Not sure I posted my reply to :geezertowel: correctly.

Fiona

Post by Fiona » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:53 pm

RVInit wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:19 pm
neeneko wrote:
MN-Skeptic wrote:
:like:
You can do imaging and vascular study to assess for areas of infarction or rule out/confirm vascular dementia. I will say it's been a while since I took care of patients on a neuro or in the ER.

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:54 pm

Fiona wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:50 pm
Trump is clearly having ministrokes. He already has some cerebral impairment.

I concur with :geezertowel:on his assessment. TIAs are a strong possibility. Given his 'puffy' appearance and apparent activity intolerance, I'd really like a look at those ankles and a listen to the lungs.

I am not a doctor, However, I am an RN. :-D

PS: Not sure I posted my reply to :geezertowel: correctly.
:sterngard: :flirty:

Patagoniagirl

Post by Patagoniagirl » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:19 pm

GreatGrey wrote:

Gastros deal with liver, gall bladder and other issues. What he needs is a neurologist.

Return to “Trump Administration”