Alternative Facts: Sightings in the Wild

Whatever4

Alternative Facts: Sightings in the Wild

Post by Whatever4 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:38 pm

From the comments on a random Patheos thread:
You are the ONLY person I have observed spewing hatred in this thread. The fact and truth that Islam is a false religion (based solely in deception, hypocrisy, racism, carnal desires and genocide) is NOT hatred -- it is fact: pure, truth-based, logical fact. If that pisses you off, GREAT! That means you are defensive and thus find my position valid. If anything, I love studying the truth, which is something you have pathetically exceptionally little of, which is why I ignore your vitriol most of the time.
:bangwall: :dazed:

"[Moderate] doesn't mean you don't have views. It just means your views aren't predictable ideologically one way or the other, and you're trying to follow the facts where they lead and reach your own conclusions."
-- Sen. King (R-ME)

maydijo

Re: Alternative Facts: Sightings in the Wild

Post by maydijo » Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:58 pm

Well, how do you reply to that? If it's an in-person discussion you can, of course, reference the many wonderful interactions you've had with various Muslims, and discuss the deeper tenants of their faith - none of the Five Pillars are about dishonesty or carnality! But on-line, when you can't engage eye contact and imply pressure for someone to actually stop and listen to you and treat you like a human being, how do you do that? Is it even possible?

I fall into the fallacy of thinking that people like that actually want to learn, and I'm always disappointed. But sometimes I think, I've got to say something, this can't be the only voice out there, I don't want people who DO really want to learn to only be presented with this, as their only source of "facts."

SueDB

Post by SueDB » Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:14 pm

Whatever4 wrote:From the comments on a random Patheos thread:
You are the ONLY person I have observed spewing hatred in this thread. The fact and truth that Islam is a false religion (based solely in deception, hypocrisy, racism, carnal desires and genocide) is NOT hatred -- it is fact: pure, truth-based, logical fact. If that pisses you off, GREAT! That means you are defensive and thus find my position valid. If anything, I love studying the truth, which is something you have pathetically exceptionally little of, which is why I ignore your vitriol most of the time.
:bangwall: :dazed:
It has to be somewhat exceptional as 23% of the world's population (1.6bil) are adherents vs 31% for the various forms of Christianity (2.2 bil)

So... at least 53% (3.8 billion) of the world's folks believe in some form of magic cosmic sky muppet based on Late Bronze Age Mythology of a tribe/band of Middle Eastern goat herders.

“If You're Not In The Obit, Eat Breakfast”

Remember, Orly NEVAH disappoints!

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:25 pm

I don't believe in any religion that was invented by people who hadn't previously invented 2-ply toilet paper. :blink:

If dogs run free, why not we?

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:39 pm

:thumbs: :like: :cheer: :cheer1:

The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

listeme

Post by listeme » Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:00 pm

This thread title is apparently an alternative fact!!

We're used to being told it's our fault that men don't listen to us.

TollandRCR

Post by TollandRCR » Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:04 pm

NESARA- REPUBLIC NOW - GALACTIC NEWS http://nesaranews.blogspot.com/2017/02/ ... n-new.html

Russia names Edward Snowden new Ambassador to the United States

This "news" appeared in several other batty fake news sites.

“The truth is, we know so little about life, we don’t really know what the good news is and what the bad news is.” Kurt Vonnegut

Return to “Media & Social Media”