Information Warfare: Fake News, "Very Fake News", Tweets, Sites and Remedies

Lani

Re: Information Warfare: Fake News, Tweets, Sites, Personalities and Remedies

Post by Lani » Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:39 am

This pizza gate thing sprung up very fast during the final days before the election. It started with the dump of more Podesta emails. Wikileaks tweeted something about linking an email to a cult of blood drinkers (and other stuff). Which went wild with a different hashtag. Then that conspiracy morphed with another that had to do pedophiles and - of course - Hillary Clinton. There is also a special decoder list so you can tell what people are REALLY saying.
Pizza Gate is a social media movement aimed to expose the alleged pedophile rings that may or may not exist at the highest levels in Politics, Music, Art and Entertainment. The theory alleges that young boys and girls are raped and or killed as a part of Satanic rituals by the elite. The theory gained steam from WikiLeaks emails in which DNC higher ups (like John Podesta and HRC) seem to occasionally speak in a code language used by pedophiles, with the word pizza referring to young girls in particular or pedophilia in general.
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.p ... =Pizzagate

:brickwallsmall:

Insert signature here: ____________________________________________________

Lani

Post by Lani » Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:59 am

CBS is doing what it can to normalize our new reality. Poor ol' shooting boy is a victim.

CBS Headline: Man with assault rifle enters Comet Ping Pong, VICTIM of fake Clinton-trafficking story
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/police-man- ... ing-story/

Interesting article, though. And it includes a strange incident of women banging on the patio to find the secret tunnels. (Too many crazees coming out of the shadows. I'm going to stop reading right now and go find some chocolate.)

Mikedunford

Post by Mikedunford » Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:49 am

I'm actually OK with calling this guy a victim of fake news. I mean, the restaurant is also a victim here, and the patrons, but a mixture of fake news and (probably) this schmuck's innate credulity and drooling idiocy led him to pull a Don Quixote move, run up to DC, and get himself a felony arrest and (probably) conviction, which will have enormous costs for the rest of his life.

So while there are a hell of a lot more victims in this story than just him, I've got no problems including him on the list.

I believe that each era finds a improvement in law each year brings something new for the benefit of mankind.

--Clarence Earl Gideon

Lani

Post by Lani » Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:55 am

I wonder if that Alex Jones fan and Trump voter would be called a victim if he was Black. Or Muslim. :confused:

Mikedunford

Post by Mikedunford » Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:11 am

Lani wrote:I wonder if that Alex Jones fan and Trump voter would be called a victim if he was Black. Or Muslim. :confused:
By the media, probably not. Don't think my own view would change, though.

I believe that each era finds a improvement in law each year brings something new for the benefit of mankind.

--Clarence Earl Gideon

GreatGrey

Post by GreatGrey » Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:15 am

Mikedunford wrote:I'm actually OK with calling this guy a victim of fake news. I mean, the restaurant is also a victim here, and the patrons, but a mixture of fake news and (probably) this schmuck's innate credulity and drooling idiocy led him to pull a Don Quixote move, run up to DC, and get himself a felony arrest and (probably) conviction, which will have enormous costs for the rest of his life.

So while there are a hell of a lot more victims in this story than just him, I've got no problems including him on the list.
Yeabutt Mike, but if a guy from Pakistan read Al Queida or ISIS websites that claimed UhMerIKA was full of pedophles bought a ticket and traveled to DC and stormed into a restaurant armed with an assault rifle, the press, hell everyone, would be calling him a terrorist.

This guy is only a victim in the sense that his hatred makes him gullible.

I am not "someone upthread".
Trump needs to be smashed into some kind of inedible orange pâté.

NotaPerson

Post by NotaPerson » Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:20 am

Lani wrote:CBS is doing what it can to normalize our new reality. Poor ol' shooting boy is a victim.

CBS Headline: Man with assault rifle enters Comet Ping Pong, VICTIM of fake Clinton-trafficking story
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/police-man- ... ing-story/
I wouldn't have interpreted the headline that way. Seemed to say the restaurant is the victim.

Anyway, the headline of the article seems to have changed:

Man opens fire in restaurant targeted by anti-Clinton "PizzaGate" fake news conspiracy

Am I being detained?

Lani

Post by Lani » Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:32 am

The Post got a lot of complaints about the original title. I'm glad it was changed.

The women searching for the hidden tunnels one night are interesting.
“All of this is an underground tunnel that helps take the kids and transport them back and forth so they can can do these rituals,” said one of them. “They are putting a lot of curses and spells over the city. They are kidnapping the children who are missing. They were never missing because D.C. know where they are.”

NotaPerson

Post by NotaPerson » Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:43 am

Jocelyn9596 wrote: Trump's pick for National Security Adviser, Gen. Michael Flynn has repeatedly been on Twitter warning of Pizzagate and c/o the lack of coverage by the MSM along with the other alleged scandals being pushed by Infowars. Not only does our ignorant P.E. gets his news from this conspiracy theory website but so does the NSA. :brickwallsmall:
Good fucking grief. I remember reading all the comments on the NYPD Facebook page from lunatics who believed that story. I had no idea that Flynn was actively spreading that bullshit story. And now this man is going to be our National Security Adviser? That just scares the shit out of me.

Am I being detained?

Mikedunford

Post by Mikedunford » Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:46 am

I'm glad the title of the article was changed, but I'm sticking with my assessment: the idiot is also a victim. I think that almost has to be part of the message going forward - not just that fake news hurts its targets, but that it hurts almost everyone. The only people who benefit are the ones selling the stories.

The pizza place, the employees, the customers, even this dude - all of them are collateral damage from the Trump team's win at all costs, scorched-earth strategy. They don't care how many lives they destroy, or even if they're hitting their own supporters, a long as it gets them even a little closer to power.

--Clarence Earl Gideon

GreatGrey

Post by GreatGrey » Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:42 pm

Fake news site threatens to sue the WaPo cuz they were called a fake news site.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-12-0 ... retraction

bob

Post by bob » Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:25 pm

This should surprise no one, but: He, Lucas Smith thinks Pizzagate is credible.

Imagex4 Imagex2 Imagex2 Imagex2

kate520

Post by kate520 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:09 pm

That secret pedophile ring operating out of the...pizza parlor was once, according to the fake news purveyors of the 80's, a secret pedophile ring operating out of GHW Bush's White House! Wow! Plus ça change...

:lol: When I googled to find a link to the story I read years ago, this was the first one to show up. Look who's purveying it now!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2YzTzs8ECP0

It must be true!

Patriotism is the last refuge of a Scoundrel.
Samuel Johnson
April 7, 1775

GreatGrey

Post by GreatGrey » Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:10 pm

So, what kind of pizza is this? Meat lovers, stuffed crust, thin crust, or Chicago style?
7A64172F-F1EA-44FC-805B-EA8F6D1A2871.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

foilwatcher

Post by foilwatcher » Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:54 pm

It was only a matter of time until the loonies declared this a false flag and that crisis actors were involved.

Pizzagate shooter is a Hollywood Actor

"Well la de freakin' da!" ~~ Matt Foley

bob

Post by bob » Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:00 pm

The entirety of his film acting "career":
The Bleeding 2009 Raver / victim
Seven years ago, he was once an extra in a horror film. :roll:

Imagex4 Imagex2 Imagex2 Imagex2

P.K.
Location: Second star to the right, and straight on till morning.

Post by P.K. » Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:19 pm

bob wrote:
The entirety of his film acting "career":
The Bleeding 2009 Raver / victim
Seven years ago, he was once an extra in a horror film. :roll:
Do they have any idea how many actors (or "actors") there are in this country? In Los Angeles you can't shake a stick without smacking someone who has their SAG-AFTRA card!

There was a murder case a few years ago where the perp was consistently described as an actor. The guy had only ever done like two shows at an Orange County community theatre, but the headlines still screamed "Actor arrested for double murder!"

IANALBIPOOTV - I am not a lawyer, but I've played one on TV. In fact, IANA (fill in the blank) but chances are I've played on on TV.

Suranis

Post by Suranis » Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:22 pm

I've been an extra in a movie in America ffs.

"I think its pretty troubling when a backyard decoration comes out swinging harder against Nazis than the President of the United States." - Stephen Colbert

RoadScholar

Post by RoadScholar » Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:33 pm

Yeesh. Half the people I know have been extras at least once in either a low-budget horror or John Waters film.

The bitterest truth is healthier than the sweetest lie.

DrIrvingFinegarten

Post by DrIrvingFinegarten » Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:31 pm

One person who thinks this ius credible said to me "Have you read the Podesta emails?"

I can't be bothered. What I know about the story is that Podesta wrote about meetings and having pizza at Comet and people claimed certain words were codes for child sex, even though they're really not.

That' about sums it up, right?

Suranis

Post by Suranis » Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:24 am

Yep, that's pretty much it. There is a cheat sheet going about "code words" that he used that someone says were cods that Pedos use for kids. BY SOME SHOCKING COINCIDENCE they also happen to be words you would use when ordering pizza, and people are going through the wikileaks emails for people ordering food and claiming this is evidence of satanic pedo rituals.

Here is a link to this shit.

http://yournewswire.com/wikileaks-pedop ... s-podesta/

The codes they have assigned

“hotdog” = boy
“pizza” = girl
“cheese” = little girl
“pasta” = little boy
“ice cream” = male prostitute
“walnut” = person of colour
“map” = semen
“sauce” = orgy

One of the hot spicy emails where he is lusting after pizza.

So yeah, go punch your friend out for ordering their kid a male prostitute.

"I think its pretty troubling when a backyard decoration comes out swinging harder against Nazis than the President of the United States." - Stephen Colbert

Orlylicious

Post by Orlylicious » Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:06 am

Here are the steps to report #FakeNews to #Facebook. Ignore the idiot's choices on the chart. https://www.engadget.com/2016/12/05/fac ... xperiment/

From Michael Moore: RESISTANCE CALENDAR! A one-stop site for all anti-Trump actions EVERY DAY nationwide: http://resistancecalendar.org

kate520

Post by kate520 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:36 am

What kind of person, and I ask this both rhetorically and quite sincerely, believes with all their heart and no evidence whatsoever that a woman, mother to a daughter, a fellow citizen and human being, would actually do that? How do you believe both in your sublime Supreme Being and this abhorrent scenario with the same brain cells? What part of this secret plot (boldly carried out in public with printed menus and first uncovered by those genius model citizens at 4chan and stormfront) first rang the truth bells in that person's head?

I tell ya, These Fucking People* are NOT like the rest of us.

(h/t Jim Wright)

I still don't find this kind of thing amusing no more.

Patriotism is the last refuge of a Scoundrel.
Samuel Johnson
April 7, 1775

DrIrvingFinegarten

Post by DrIrvingFinegarten » Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:04 am

kate520 wrote:What kind of person, and I ask this both rhetorically and quite sincerely, believes with all their heart and no evidence whatsoever that a woman, mother to a daughter, a fellow citizen and human being, would actually do that? How do you believe both in your sublime Supreme Being and this abhorrent scenario with the same brain cells? What part of this secret plot (boldly carried out in public with printed menus and first uncovered by those genius model citizens at 4chan and stormfront) first rang the truth bells in that person's head?

I tell ya, These Fucking People* are NOT like the rest of us.

(h/t Jim Wright)

I still don't find this kind of thing amusing no more.
It seems like that's the way the game is played these days. They don't care whose life is ruined, who they hurt, if anyone is actually injured or killed. Some waiter, busboy, bartender, cook, etc, probably working a second or third job just to keep a roof over their heads could have been killed and the most vile lies imaginable would have been told about them after the fact and accepted as truth because that's the way the game is played these days.
Point that out to these people and they'll say you also need to condemn something some obscure liberal did two or three decades ago.
I really hate this world sometimes.

Orlylicious

Post by Orlylicious » Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:40 am

I agree that chart is disgusting, haven't found a reporting chart as easy to understand on the D side and we need to report because you know they are... every CNN and NY Times story.

Even Matt Damon is being subjected to #FakeNews, which is another word for PROPAGANDA. We need counterbalances, aggressive news and reports. A Donald advocacy group is being formed, KellyAnne may run it... They are going to run the 2018 campaign with the same scorched earth policy in social media. It's not going away, now Gab.ai is coming on line as a Twitter for the extremists. Needs to be content that would be popular, Mike Flynn's dangerous and reckless actions (and his son).

From Michael Moore: RESISTANCE CALENDAR! A one-stop site for all anti-Trump actions EVERY DAY nationwide: http://resistancecalendar.org

Return to “Media & Social Media”