Media Moves

Sterngard Friegen

Re: Media Moves

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:28 pm

Suranis wrote:Based on the Antediluvian's opinion, I would guess it was filed for publicity. Which isn't what you should use a court for, especially now.
The ACLU often steps in when there are First Amendment issues. They do it for the principle. But Jamie seems to have done it to show everyone how smart he she was and, well, he she flopped.

I have it on Good Authority that Jamie has been advised of his her typo :- but that there have been crickets in response. Jamie must be preparing for an Improv appearance.

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:58 pm

Jamie filed an amended amicus brief this morning, but he she didn't bother to thank his her amicus proof reader.

Re edits: Viz:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Dolly

Post by Dolly » Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:33 pm

Fox News host Eric Bolling accused of sending lewd photos to female co-workers

Fox News host Eric Bolling reportedly sent unsolicited lewd photos to female co-workers several years ago via text message, according to The Huffington Post.

“We were just informed of this late Friday afternoon via a Huffington Post inquiry and plan to investigate the matter," a Fox News spokesperson told The Hill.

A dozen sources told Huffington Post that at least two of Bolling’s female colleagues at Fox Business and one at Fox News received the photos of male genitalia from Bolling.

The women who received the photos said they knew the messages were from him because they recognized his phone number from previous correspondence. <SNIP>
http://thehill.com/homenews/media/34542 ... ers-report

Avatar by Tal Peleg Art of Makeup https://www.facebook.com/TalPelegMakeUp

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Sat Aug 05, 2017 4:27 pm

http://thehill.com/media/345471-eric-bo ... 1501963495
Fox News anchor Eric Bolling has been suspended pending an investigation into lewd messages he is accused of sending multiple female coworkers at Fox News and Fox Business Channel.

In a statement, Fox News confirmed Bolling's suspension Saturday afternoon.

"Eric Bolling has been suspended pending the results of an investigation, which is currently underway," a Fox spokesperson said.

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 5 dogs, 2 cats, the neighbor's cat, and 1 horse

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:40 pm

Color me surprised ( :sarcasm: ) that Fox "News" Channel is defending sexual, race, and all sorts of discrimination cases filed by its employees AND for writing fake news stories!!!! Who'da thunk given its stellar history?

“I’ve been hooked since my first smell of C-4.” Linda Cox, first female Air Force Explosive Ordnance Disposal Technician, first to lead her own unit, go to war, be awarded a Bronze Star, and hold the highest enlisted rank of chief master sergeant.

Reality Check

Post by Reality Check » Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:19 pm

Notice that at Fox nothing seems to happen until these offenses leak out to the public. Until then they are swept under the rug.

"“If you’re not outraged, you’re not paying attention.”

Heather Heyer, November 2016

RVInit

Post by RVInit » Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:45 pm

Former Fox guest accuses suspended anchor Eric Bolling of sexual harassment

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/201 ... -eric-bol/
Hours after Fox News host Eric Bolling was suspended Saturday for allegedly sending lewd texts, a frequent guest accused him of sexual harassment, saying his behavior has been “wildly inappropriate” for years but was tolerated by network executives.

Occidental College associate professor Caroline Heldman, who previously has levied sexual harassment accusations against former Fox host Bill O’Reilly and executive Woody Fraser, said in a late Saturday Facebook post that Mr. Bolling made sexually charged references to her on the air.

“Bolling referred to me as ‘Dr. McHottie’ on air on four different occasions, and called me ‘smart, beautiful, and wrong’ on air twice,” she said in the post. “I pushed back with ‘Mr. McSexist,’ but I shouldn’t have had to. This on-air behavior was perfectly acceptable to Fox executives at the time.”

Fox confirmed Saturday that Mr. Bolling had been suspended “pending the results of an investigation, which is currently underway,” a day after HuffPost reported that he had sent an unsolicited photo of male genitalia to three female colleagues.

"I know that human being and fish can coexist peacefully"
--- George W Bush

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 5 dogs, 2 cats, the neighbor's cat, and 1 horse

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:47 pm

Reality Check wrote:Notice that at Fox nothing seems to happen until these offenses leak out to the public. Until then they are swept under the rug.
:thumbs:

“I’ve been hooked since my first smell of C-4.” Linda Cox, first female Air Force Explosive Ordnance Disposal Technician, first to lead her own unit, go to war, be awarded a Bronze Star, and hold the highest enlisted rank of chief master sergeant.

kate520

Post by kate520 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:32 pm

Bolling is inappropriate in almost ALL of his public life, from what I've seen. He embodies the entitled white male fall-back position: condescending to women and all 'other' political views, arrogant, and domineering. It is no stretch to me to extrapolate dick pics as likely behavior.

I wonder what a cleaned-up Fox News will be like? I do worry, when people and institutions who have been publicly whipped for bad behavior go silent or underground, that they're just cleaning and polishing the same old turds to be more palatable. (Eww) They don't really change, they just get creative and resentful and want to punish someone, e.g. Enron.

Patriotism is the last refuge of a Scoundrel.
Samuel Johnson
April 7, 1775

SLQ

Post by SLQ » Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:16 pm

Sterngard Friegen wrote:I dislike the style and tone of the ACLU's submission. It will not be well received. The time taken to try to write something funny would have been better spent proof reading the damn brief. Take a look at this whopper of a typo at page 9:
All prior restraints on expression are presumptively constitutional; prior restraints on matters of public concern are even more so. See, e.g., Org. for a Better Austin v. Keefe, 402 U.S. 415, 419 (1971).
Nope, Jamie.
Yep. I had to read that several times a few days ago before I realized it was a gigantic typo. Although I enjoyed reading the brief, I had the same reaction -- funny and sarcastic doesn't go over well with judges. Stick to the facts and the law.

SLQ

Post by SLQ » Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:25 pm

So . . . Kayleigh McEnany has jumped the CNN ship and gone to Trump News (or what passes for it).

Pro-Trump pundit Kayleigh McEnany goes from CNN to RNC
Kayleigh McEnany, the former CNN commentator who over the weekend appeared in a video trumpeting President Trump's accomplishments, has been named as the new spokesperson for the Republican National Committee.

"Kayleigh will be an integral part of our Party's ongoing commitment to promoting the Republican message to Americans across the country," RNC Chairwoman Ronna McDaniel said in a statement announcing McEnany's appointment. "Her wealth of experience will be invaluable to the RNC as we continue to support President Trump and build on our majorities in Congress as we head into 2018."
McEnany had announced via Twitter on Saturday that she was leaving CNN, ending her role as one of the pro-Trump pundits the network calls upon to provide commentary. In the tweet, McEnany said she was departing for a "new role," telling her fans to "stay tuned" for more details.

Then on Sunday she appeared in a video posted on Trump's Facebook page. The minute-and-a-half long video featured McEnany, reporting from Trump Tower in New York City, rattling off a series of positive news stories and crediting the administration with the achievements.

More than a few critics compared it to the propaganda disseminated by state-run media outlets; McEnany called it "the real news."
Does this mean I can occasionally watch Don Lemon again? :cantlook:

Also, Jake Tapper blasts Kayleigh McEnany's surreal pro-Trump video: 'It's not real, and it's not news'

Tiredretiredlawyer

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:24 am

Hmmm...young, attractive, blonde, blue-eyed. Notice a pattern?

June bug

Post by June bug » Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:26 am

She stopped in at Trump News on the way to the RNC. She's now their spokesperson. Per Think Progress Kayley used to more than flirt with birtherism. One example, a tweet from her in 2012:
birth certificates and college transcripts #ThingsThatEnrageDemocrats
Good job, RNC!

Tiredretiredlawyer

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:48 am

The obvious analyzed and with GRAPHS!

https://www.vox.com/platform/amp/2017/8 ... nd-friends
We analyzed 17 months of Fox & Friends transcripts. It’s far weirder than state-run media.
How the Fox morning show evolved into Donald Trump’s posse.

Since Trump was elected, Fox & Friends has taken a special place in the media landscape. It’s clear that the program is in something of a feedback loop with the president. But contrary to what CNN president Jeff Zucker says, this isn't state-run television "extolling the line out of the White House." Scholars tend to say state-run media usually aims to keep the rank and file in line, while demobilizing the populace and deflating political opposition. Most of it is very boring. Watch some live Chinese state-run media and you'll immediately understand.

We analyzed 17 months of Fox & Friends transcripts, which captures nearly a year before Trump was elected president and about six months after. (More on the methodology at the bottom of this piece.)

What we found is that Fox & Friends has a symbiotic relationship with Trump that is far weirder and more interesting than state media. Instead of talking for Trump, they are talking to him. :snippity: The hosts are basically telling Trump what they would do in this situation. They are covering the news by advising him.

It's something the show's hosts and guests have done with far more frequency since Trump has been in office. An analysis of the show's transcripts reveal that about 8 to 9 percent of sentences before Trump's election were imperative sentences, which instruct or advise. In the first few months of his presidency, that number increased more than 50 percent.

Addie

Post by Addie » Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:25 pm

Foreign Policy
Fox News Has Completed Its Transformation Into Trump TV

Who needs state-owned propaganda when the president has friends like this?

You would be forgiven for thinking — hoping — that Fox News Channel would improve after the ouster of Roger Ailes and Bill O’Reilly, its late founding CEO and biggest star, respectively, in a massive sexual harassment scandal. It’s true that Fox now takes such allegations more seriously — host Eric Bolling was just suspended after being accused of emailing pictures of his penis to female colleagues. ...

Fox is ever more firmly entrenched in the official echo chamber of Trump Nation — and ever more divorced from reality. The National Enquirer, owned by Trump friend David Pecker, is Trump’s Pravda (its recent cover story: “Hillary Framed Trump Family! How she set up Donald’s son with dirt file emails!”). Breitbart, once chaired by Trump aide Stephen Bannon, is his Sputnik. Fox is the jewel in the crown — Trump’s own version of RT. “A lot of people wish President Trump was a dictator,” Fox host Jesse Watters said on July 27. Perhaps at Fox “News.”

In fairness, there are solid, straight-down-the-middle reporters at Fox such as Chris Wallace, Bret Baier, and Shepherd Smith, and a few, increasingly marginalized, commentators such as Charles Krauthammer, Ralph Peters, and Steve Hayes who are critical of Trump. But their work is drowned out by the screeching chorus of Trump toadies that dominates Fox’s evening and morning schedule.

While other networks are covering Trump’s myriad setbacks and scandals, Fox presents an alternative reality in which the bumbling president is close to infallible (except when he splits with fellow populist Jeff Sessions), his critics are “snowflakes,” and the biggest threat facing America is, depending on the day of the week, either the Hillary Clinton email scandal, “the war on Christmas,” or “political correctness.” It’s all too reminiscent of the Soviet-era TV stations that ran stories about record grain harvests even as grocery shelves were bare.

¡Qué vergüenza!

Dolly

Post by Dolly » Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:00 pm

Pat Robertson: Fox’s Eric Bolling can’t be guilty of sexual harassment because ‘he’s a dedicated Catholic’

ox News host Eric Bolling has been suspended from his job for allegedly sending photos of his genitals to multiple female coworkers, but televangelist Pat Robertson believes that it is all part of a big conspiracy to bring down the right-wing cable news station.

Via Mediaite, Robertson this week went to bat for Bolling, whom he described as a “straight arrow” who could never be guilty of the actions he’s been accused of committing.

“He was on this program, he’s a dedicated Catholic, goes to mass every day, very nice man,” Robertson said of Bolling. “They’ve pulled him off the air because someone sent some pictures ostensibly over his name.”

Robertson also darkly hinted that sexual harassment allegations against Bolling, which similarly brought down Fox News icons such as Bill O’Reilly and the late Roger Ailes, were part of a broader effort to discredit the network.

“If you wanted to destroy the Fox News, you really wanted to destroy them, what would you do?” he asked rhetorically. “Well you would send some salacious material, ostensibly from one of their popular co-hosts or hosts and you’d send it out and then get it publicized and then you have some woman complain that she had gotten this salacious material from this co-host and then she would come to Fox, and Fox is so averse to any kind of legal action that they would immediately take the person off the air.”
http://www.rawstory.com/2017/08/pat-rob ... -catholic/

Avatar by Tal Peleg Art of Makeup https://www.facebook.com/TalPelegMakeUp

Addie

Post by Addie » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:17 pm

CNN
CNN severs ties with Jeffrey Lord

CNN severed ties with Jeffrey Lord on Thursday, hours after he ignited controversy by tweeting the words "Sieg Heil!" at a prominent liberal activist.

"Nazi salutes are indefensible," a CNN spokesperson said in a statement. "Jeffrey Lord is no longer with the network."

Lord was not immediately reachable for comment. Earlier in the day, he defended his tweet by saying he was "mocking a fascist."

Lord, a former Reagan administration staffer, had been one of CNN's best-known commentators. He was the first explicitly pro-Donald Trump commentator to join the network, back in August 2015, two months after Trump entered the GOP primary race. At the time Lord was a counterweight to CNN's other conservative commentators, who were all dismissive of Trump's candidacy.

Other pro-Trump voices joined the network later. CNN now has about a dozen commentators who tend to support the president's views.

¡Qué vergüenza!

SLQ

Post by SLQ » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:18 pm

Good riddance. :kiss:

Reality Check

Post by Reality Check » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:05 pm

Good to see CNN flush Jeffrey Lord down the toilet. :dance:

"“If you’re not outraged, you’re not paying attention.”

Heather Heyer, November 2016

Tiredretiredlawyer

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:06 pm

SLQ wrote:Good riddance. :kiss:
Amen.

Sugar Magnolia

Post by Sugar Magnolia » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:11 pm

Is he actually a Nazi, or is someone fucking with his wiki entry?
Jeffrey Lord (b. 1950/51)[1] is an American Nazi, author, and political strategist in Pennsylvania, who served as an associate political director in the administration of former United States President Ronald Reagan.[2]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeffrey_Lord

Suranis

Post by Suranis » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:14 pm

You can check the edit histor up at the top tab, where it says, "view history"

In this case, yeah the Nazi was added an hour ago.

"I think its pretty troubling when a backyard decoration comes out swinging harder against Nazis than the President of the United States." - Stephen Colbert

bob

Post by bob » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:16 pm

Suranis wrote:You can check the edit histor up at the top tab, where it says, "view history"

In this case, yeah the Nazi was added an hour ago.
And was up for four entire minutes.

Imagex4 Imagex2 Imagex2 Imagex2

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:23 pm

Reality Check wrote:Good to see CNN flush Jeffrey Lord down the toilet. :dance:
Yes.

RVInit

Post by RVInit » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:56 pm

I am so glad to see that a-wipe GONE from CNN. He is the reason I largely don't watch anymore. I generally have no problem listening to someone with a legitimately different point of view, but that man was just insufferable, constantly defending the indefensible.

"I know that human being and fish can coexist peacefully"
--- George W Bush

Return to “Media & Social Media”