Media Moves

kate520

Re: Media Moves

Post by kate520 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:26 pm

Oh, too sad. Their only child. :crying:
According to New York Magazine contributor, Yashar Ali, the son of former Fox News host Eric Bolling has died.

“Very sad news, Eric Bolling’s son, who was only 19, died last night. By all accounts, Eric was incredibly devoted to his son. Heartbreaking,” tweeted Ali Saturday afternoon.

Mediaite reports that they have confirmed from a source close to the family that Eric Chase, Bolling’s son passed away Friday evening and that he was Bolling’s only child.

No further details have been provided.

On Friday, Fox News parted ways with Bolling over sexual harassment claims.

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/09/heartbr ... at-age-19/

While this story says no details about cause, the right wing other sources are saying suicide. :(

Patriotism is the last refuge of a Scoundrel.
Samuel Johnson
April 7, 1775

Patagoniagirl

Post by Patagoniagirl » Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:28 pm

This is so tragic. I hope the media leaves the family alone through this.

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 5 dogs, 2 cats, the neighbor's cat, and 1 horse

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:46 pm

Patagoniagirl wrote:This is so tragic. I hope the media leaves the family alone through this.
Agree.

“I’ve been hooked since my first smell of C-4.” Linda Cox, first female Air Force Explosive Ordnance Disposal Technician, first to lead her own unit, go to war, be awarded a Bronze Star, and hold the highest enlisted rank of chief master sergeant.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:20 pm

He didn't commit suicide because his dad got fired, did he? That makes no sense to me.

If dogs run free, why not we?

Mr. Gneiss

Post by Mr. Gneiss » Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:36 pm

The Boulder Daily Camera has this story that indicates it was not a suicide.

CU Boulder student's death mourned by father, ousted Fox News host
Former Fox news personality Eric Bolling was expressing grief online Saturday over the death of his son, whom a University of Colorado official said was a student at the school.

Eric Chase Bolling's father, Eric Bolling, announced on Twitter that authorities told him that “there is no sign of self harm at this point. Autopsy will be next week. Please respect our grieving period.”

“Adrienne and I are devastated by the loss of our beloved son Eric Chase last night,” he said in an earlier tweet. “Details still unclear. Thoughts, prayers appreciated.”

The coroner's office announced in a news release on Saturday evening that it was investigating the death of a 19-year-old man found in an apartment building near the 28th Street Frontage Road and Village Drive but did not release the man's identity. The release stated that the man's cause and manner of death is still being investigated.

Addie

Post by Addie » Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:59 pm

Variety: Meghan McCain to Leave Fox News Channel

¡Qué vergüenza!

Addie

Post by Addie » Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:35 pm

The Atlantic: Mike Huckabee and the Rise of Christian Media Under Trump

¡Qué vergüenza!

bob

Post by bob » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:24 pm

NYT: Fox News Guest Says Rape Allegation Blacklisted Her:
Fox News, which for more than a year has dealt with the fallout from an embarrassing sexual harassment scandal, was sued on Monday by the political commentator Scottie Nell Hughes, who claimed that she had been raped by the longtime anchor Charles Payne and was then retaliated against by the network after she came forward with her allegation.

Mr. Payne, the host of “Making Money” on Fox Business, returned to the air this month after the network suspended him in July pending an investigation into his conduct. Upon his return, the network said that it had completed the investigation, which began after Ms. Hughes took her allegations to the network in late June.

In her lawsuit, Ms. Hughes said that Mr. Payne had “pressured” his way into her hotel room in July 2013 and coerced her to have sexual intercourse with him, even though she had refused his advances by telling him “no” and “stop.”

According to the suit, Ms. Hughes was “shocked and ashamed” and did not immediately report the episode. She said that over the next two years she was forced to engage in a sexual relationship with Mr. Payne. In exchange, she said, she received career opportunities, including increased appearances on Fox News and Fox Business and the promise that Mr. Payne would help her land a contributor contract, a job that can pay several hundred thousand dollars a year. Ms. Hughes never became a paid contributor at either channel.

Ms. Hughes, a regular guest on Fox News and Fox Business from 2013 through 2016, asserted that after she ended the relationship with Mr. Payne, the network blacklisted her. After she reported her allegations against him, she said, the network leaked a story to the news media about a romantic affair between Ms. Hughes and Mr. Payne.

Imagex4 Imagex2 Imagex2 Imagex2

Addie

Post by Addie » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:31 pm

Politico
Preet Bharara joins CNN as senior legal analyst

Preet Bharara, whom President Donald Trump fired as U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of New York, is joining CNN as a Senior Legal Analyst, POLITICO has learned.

Bharara was known for his media savvy on the job in Manhattan, and since leaving office in March has amassed nearly 440,000 Twitter followers. He also recently launched a podcast, “Stay Tuned With Preet.” On Wednesday’s episode, Bharara recalled how Trump initially requested he stay on as U.S. attorney shortly after the presidential election, and he also described his growing unease as the president-elect — and later president — broke with protocol by calling him directly on the phone.

“Had I not been fired, and had Donald Trump continued to cultivate a direct personal relationship with me, it’s my strong belief at some point, given the history, the president of the United States would’ve asked me to do something inappropriate,” Bharara said on the podcast. “And I would’ve resigned then. I don’t know for a fact, but that’s my strong belief.”

In addition to Bharara, CNN has also named Walter Shaub, the former director of the United States Office of Government Ethics, as a contributor. Upon resigning in July, Shaub said the U.S. government was now “pretty close to a laughingstock” when it came to ethics, a slide that could have global implications.

¡Qué vergüenza!

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:36 pm

Yes!

GreatGrey

Post by GreatGrey » Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:02 pm

Addie wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:31 pm
Politico
Preet Bharara joins CNN as senior legal analyst

Preet Bharara, whom President Donald Trump fired as U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of New York, is joining CNN as a Senior Legal Analyst, POLITICO has learned.

Bharara was known for his media savvy on the job in Manhattan, and since leaving office in March has amassed nearly 440,000 Twitter followers. He also recently launched a podcast, “Stay Tuned With Preet.” On Wednesday’s episode, Bharara recalled how Trump initially requested he stay on as U.S. attorney shortly after the presidential election, and he also described his growing unease as the president-elect — and later president — broke with protocol by calling him directly on the phone.

“Had I not been fired, and had Donald Trump continued to cultivate a direct personal relationship with me, it’s my strong belief at some point, given the history, the president of the United States would’ve asked me to do something inappropriate,” Bharara said on the podcast. “And I would’ve resigned then. I don’t know for a fact, but that’s my strong belief.”

In addition to Bharara, CNN has also named Walter Shaub, the former director of the United States Office of Government Ethics, as a contributor. Upon resigning in July, Shaub said the U.S. government was now “pretty close to a laughingstock” when it came to ethics, a slide that could have global implications.
Just finished the first podcast & am subscribing.

Re The CNN stuff, looks like they’re now gonna move to the opposite end of the Jeff Lord spectrum. Remains to be seen how much they use Preet and Walter.

I am not "someone upthread".
Trump needs to be smashed into some kind of inedible orange pâté.

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:19 pm

I don't miss pontificating Lord one bit. Bharara's contributions should be real interesting.

TexasFilly

Post by TexasFilly » Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:54 pm

GreatGrey wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:02 pm

Just finished the first podcast & am subscribing.
GTMA! I have almost finished his first podcast, and did subscribe (for those not too familiar with these formats, it's free). Preet has a very nice, soothing voice (not quite as wonderful as realist's but then nobody is realist except realist) and his account of his encounters with President-Elect Trump and then his firing is interesting. Then he interviews Leon Panetta who drops the tidbit that John Kelly called Panetta and asked him how he handled things when he was President Clinton's COS. Panetta is quick to note the difference: that William Jefferson Clinton was a brilliant guy who recognized the need for some discipline in his White House.

Anyone not listening to the Crooked Media LLC franchise's podcasts should start! They include: Pod Save America; Pod Save The World; and my favorite, Lovett or Leave It. Jon Lovett (NOT the guy from SNL) was, amongst other things, a stand up comic and then wrote speeches for President Obama, including the famous White House Correspondence Dinner Speech 8-) . These guys are young, they're whip smart, and they have experience and great guests. Even the commercials are funny since their sponsors actually allow the Obama Boys to ad lib them.

I love the poorly educated!!!

I believe Anita Hill!

Orlylicious

Post by Orlylicious » Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:24 pm

The Five goes back to 5pm and Hannity vs. Maddow at 9pm starting Monday on FNC.
September 22, 2017
Another major programming change at Fox News
By Peter Barry Chowka

It was a week of big news at Fox News as the channel shuffled its nighttime program schedule, moving Hannity to 9 P.M. and adding a new show with Laura Ingraham starting October 30 at 10. On Thursday, there was another major announcement: also on October 30, following Ingraham's new program, a new live late-evening hour devoted to hard news will debut at 11 P.M. Fox News @ Night will be anchored by veteran Fox News correspondent, host, and anchor Shannon Bream. Bream, an attorney, transitioned to television reporting and anchoring in 2000, and she has worked for Fox News since 2007. For more than half of that time, based in Washington, D.C., Bream was the channel's Supreme Court reporter, frequently reporting on legal issues, and she occasionally guest-hosted FNC programs. Most recently, Bream co-anchored a live, daily two-hour morning program, America's Newsroom, with Bill Hemmer from Fox News studios in New York.
Shannon Bream is the third openly Christian host on Fox News's evening schedule. Both Sean Hannity and Laura Ingraham (the hosts at 9 and 10 P.M.) express pride in their Christian beliefs. Ingraham wears a gold cross during every TV appearance. The addition of a live hour of news to Fox News's evening schedule is significant for a number of reasons. Previously, the 11 P.M. E.T. hour featured a repeat of the 8 P.M. show – recently, Tucker Carlson Tonight and before that, The O'Reilly Factor. Since it's only 8 P.M. in the Pacific time zone, it has been frustrating for some viewers in the West to have a canned show on at that hour, especially on nights when news is breaking. Now they will have the benefit of an hour of live news five nights a week.

At MSNBC, currently FNC's major competition, a live hour of news at 11 P.M. E.T. premiered in September 2016, The 11th Hour with Brian Williams. It was billed as a temporary program to last through the fall 2016 election season, but, enjoying good ratings, it has continued to air with no signs of ending its run. On most nights, Brian Williams beats FNC's Tucker Carlson repeat in the national ratings. By introducing its own live hard news show at the end of the day to go head to head with Williams, the inference to be drawn is that Fox News is serious about challenging MSNBC in the latest incarnation of the ongoing cable news ratings war of attrition.

Meanwhile, another hour of Fox News in the evening is pledging to go live: Hannity when it moves to 9 P.M. on Monday, September 25. During the past three years at 10 P.M., Sean Hannity has usually pre-recorded his nightly program several hours before it aired, except on nights when there was breaking news that required a live broadcast. Hannity tweeted on September 18 that his show at 9 P.M. is designed to air live.
http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/201 ... _news.html

From Michael Moore: RESISTANCE CALENDAR! A one-stop site for all anti-Trump actions EVERY DAY nationwide: http://resistancecalendar.org

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 5 dogs, 2 cats, the neighbor's cat, and 1 horse

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:18 pm

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyl ... 842f5f583e
Sleeping Giants update.
The mysterious group that’s picking Breitbart apart, one tweet at a time

“I’ve been hooked since my first smell of C-4.” Linda Cox, first female Air Force Explosive Ordnance Disposal Technician, first to lead her own unit, go to war, be awarded a Bronze Star, and hold the highest enlisted rank of chief master sergeant.

Addie

Post by Addie » Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:46 am

The Guardian
Wall Street Journal stops publishing Asian and European print editions

The Wall Street Journal will stop publishing its Asian and European editions, the paper has said, amid a wider editorial restructuring and falling revenue.

In an end to a 40-year history, the company will stop publishing its separate edition for Europe on Friday while its Asian edition will cease publication on 7 October. The decision comes after the paper’s parent company, News Corp, reported a loss of $643m (£479m) for the most recent fiscal year, which ended on 30 June. That compares to a $235m profit during the previous year.

The paper began publishing a separate Asian edition in 1976 and its European edition followed in 1983. The US edition of the WSJ will be available in some cities at a later unspecified date, the paper said.

Despite recent losses, digital subscriptions are on the rise and the WSJ plans to focus on encouraging customers in Asia and Europe to read the paper online. Those gains in online-only subscriptions made “continuing the foreign editions no longer cost-effective”, the newspaper said.

¡Qué vergüenza!

vic

Post by vic » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:37 am

Los Angeles Times Newsroom, Challenging Tronc, Goes Public With Union Push
Newsroom employees at The Los Angeles Times are trying to form a union, setting up a potential clash with the newspaper’s parent company, Tronc.

After months of organizing, the committee behind the push for a union drafted a one-page letter laying out its reasoning and left printouts on employees’ desks Tuesday night.

The unsigned letter calls for improved working conditions, higher pay, more generous benefits and protections for staff members against “unilateral change by Tronc.”

The letter also says “a majority of the newsroom” had signed union cards supporting representation by the NewsGuild, which represents 25,000 reporters, editors, photojournalists and other media workers at news organizations across the United States.

Several people involved in the organizing push, all of whom spoke on condition of anonymity because they feared losing their jobs if they were to speak publicly about the effort, put the number of those who had signed the union cards at roughly 200.
:snippity:
Los Angeles Times Guild

Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.

Addie

Post by Addie » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:08 pm

The Hill
Scarborough formally leaves GOP, registers as independent

MSNBC host Joe Scarborough announced in a tweet on Thursday that he had officially registered as an independent, roughly three months after he said he was leaving the Republican Party.

"I became an independent today. Here I am holding a copy of Donald Trump's birth certificate, proving he was born in Nambia," Scarborough tweeted.

Scarborough's tweet was making reference to Trump's past demands to see former President Barack Obama's birth certificate. Trump, once the leader of the so-called "birther" movement, had questioned whether Obama was actually born in the U.S.

Scarborough's comment was also alluding to an incident in which Trump, speaking to African leaders at the United Nations in September, referenced a nonexistent country called "Nambia."

"Actually, that's the New Canaan Registrar of Voters John Amarilios after I became an unaffiliated voter," Scarborough said in a second tweet, referring to the man standing next to him in the picture. Scarborough is a resident of New Canaan, Conn.

¡Qué vergüenza!

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:55 am

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/mor ... 963b83f7b7
Fox News ran a story on Oct. 8 about a decorated Vietnam War Navy SEAL and glass artist who created an enormous presidential glass seal he hoped to give to President Trump. On Thursday, 11 days later, the network retracted the story after being told the Trump supporter never served in the SEALs or in Vietnam, much less earned commendations for his service.

In the segment, John Garafalo said he served in the Vietnam War with the U.S. Navy SEAL team. Fox News reported that he also received two Purple Hearts and about two dozen other medals for his service.

The man’s claimed record turned out to be a fabrication. It was first discovered by former Navy SEALs. Both these SEALs and family members of Garofalo contacted Fox News about the story, according to the Navy Times.

vic

Post by vic » Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:45 pm

Kendra wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:55 am
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/mor ... 963b83f7b7
Fox News ran a story on Oct. 8 about a decorated Vietnam War Navy SEAL and glass artist who created an enormous presidential glass seal he hoped to give to President Trump. On Thursday, 11 days later, the network retracted the story after being told the Trump supporter never served in the SEALs or in Vietnam, much less earned commendations for his service.

In the segment, John Garafalo said he served in the Vietnam War with the U.S. Navy SEAL team. Fox News reported that he also received two Purple Hearts and about two dozen other medals for his service.

The man’s claimed record turned out to be a fabrication. It was first discovered by former Navy SEALs. Both these SEALs and family members of Garofalo contacted Fox News about the story, according to the Navy Times.
There's an easy way to recognize that the story was fake news:
► Show Spoiler
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:43 pm

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:26 pm

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/na ... 0309908676
RT, a Moscow-headquartered website and television channel that the U.S. government says is a propaganda outlet for the Kremlin, will register with U.S. authorities as a foreign agent, its editor said Thursday.

The registration follows a months-long back-and-forth between RT and the Justice Department over whether it was required by U.S. law to register as an agent of the Russian government.

“The American Justice Department has left us with no choice,’’ RT’s editor in chief Margarita Simonyan said in a statement posted on the organization’s website. “Our lawyers say that if we don’t register as a foreign agent, the director of our company in America could be arrested, and the accounts of the company could be seized. In short, in this situation the company would not be able to work. Between those consequences and registering as a foreign agent, we are forced to choose registration.’’

She added: “We will continue to work and continue to fight this as long as it’s possible.’’

Return to “Media & Social Media”