Day 4 Videos FLORIDA v TRUSSELL 060916 - Incl Proffers, Closing Arguments, Jury Instructions. Inger Garcia Fails

magdalen77

Re: Day 4 Videos FLORIDA v TRUSSELL 060916 - Incl Proffers, Closing Arguments, Jury Instructions. Inger Garcia Fails

Post by magdalen77 » Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:22 pm

Hey, I'm confessing my criminal tendencies. That's kind of germane to the subject.

Notorial Dissent

Re: Day 4 Videos FLORIDA v TRUSSELL 060916 - Incl Proffers, Closing Arguments, Jury Instructions. Inger Garcia Fails

Post by Notorial Dissent » Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:07 pm

Paul Lentz wrote:
Notorial Dissent wrote:I don't think there was EVER any likelihood of TT pleading guilty even to get plea deal, which may well have been what ended his first relationship with a lawyer who MAY have actually tried to do what was right for his client. He was/is convinced that he is right so that just wasn't likely.
I don't know, obviously, but I personally think it's very likely that Trussell/Inger tried to get a plea deal, but on their terms, such as pleading guilty to a single charge, reduced to a misdemeanor, and sentenced to time served (the 22 aggregate days he spent in jail). Something absolutely ludicrous, considering the obvious case the State had against Trussell on the multiple, 3rd degree felony, charges. I have no problem at all imagining Trussell/Inger approaching SA Meggs with such a deal, and actually believing they might get it (plus attorney's fees, expenses, an apology and a pony).

And, if an approach such as that happened, I also have no problem imagining SA Meggs laughing his ass off as he turned it down.
Paul, I seem to have missed this comment. While I can easily see Ingie dingie and TT trying for a plea, as well she should have, I just don't see him going for anything where he had to actually admit to having done something wrong. FWIW, I still that that probably had as much to do with his first attorney leaving as anything. TT was/is a self righteous self important pompous ass/idiot with delusions of adequacy and competence, and I don't think he EVER EVER EVER admits making a mistake. He reminds me too much of someone I know on far too many levels. I'm also quite sure that if they did make a plea offer, it got a really good heartfelt belly laugh from both the SA and the judge.

The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

esseff44

Post by esseff44 » Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:46 pm

Mikedunford wrote:
RTH10260 wrote:To say the least, I as an outsider was totally shocked when she started off with "you guys", and I seem to have seen one female juror in the video. Plus she didn't even take the clue from Mr Meggs to thank them for spending time on jury duty.
"You guys" is actually an acceptable, gender-neutral second person plural form of address. In New York. In informal situations. And there are some parts of Florida that have become a bit New York-like, but those parts of Florida are all quite a bit down the peninsula. Dixie County is, as its name suggests, not in one of the NYish parts of Florida. "Y'all" (or maybe "all y'all") is the only acceptable form.

I think Garcia did actually thank the jury at one point. But not as repeatedly or profusely as Mr. Meggs did. And, of course, she couldn't thank them on behalf of the State of Florida the way he could (and did).
"Ladies and Gentlemen" would have worked. But the "you guys" really struck me as disrespectful and jarring each time she used it. Even if it had been all men on the jury. That and the way she always referred to their local SA as "Seligmeister."

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:47 am

This may just be my impression, but I think that one of the worst sets of errors that Ingie dingie made was in her presentation of herself. This was a small town, rural jury, and there is nothing that would set them off worse than her coming in there with a patronizing attitude and tone, she was disrepectful to the judge, the court, and the SA, rude if not downright nasty to the witnesses, and I would suspect that attitude also leached over in her presentation to the jury, I just don't see how it could not. I don't know if she actually talked down to them or not, haven't listened to the trial, but I would suspect her tones came through and that she also came through as big city. I would also suspect that if she tried to get "folksy" at them as the all y'all comment would indicate then that would have set them off even worse. It wouldn't necessarily have been a conscious dislike, but it would certainly have been lurking there in the backs of the juries minds the whole time.

The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

Return to “Terry Trussell”