A Poll - Will Trussell be Found Guilty? And if so how much time will he get?

Will Trussell be found guilty? If so, how much time will he get?

He will be found guilty of at least one charge.
43%
He will be found not guilty of all charges.
4%
He will be sentenced to probation.
4%
He will be sentenced to some time in jail not exceeding 6 months.
5%
He will be sentenced to between 6 months and one day to one year in jail.
8%
He will be sentenced to between 1 year and a day to 2 years in prison.
16%
He will be sentenced to between 2 years and a day to 3 years in prison.
6%
He will be sentenced to between 3 years and a day to 4 years in prison.
6%
He will be sentenced to more than 4 years in prison.
9%

Total votes: 140

Paul Lentz

Re: A Poll - Will Trussell be Found Guilty? And if so how much time will he get?

Post by Paul Lentz » Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:59 pm

Reality Check wrote:Can we add the death penalty based on Inger's first day?
Not officially. But according to Inger (in multiple filings), Trussell is being tried for a "capital crime" and is facing "a death penalty."

The love of power will not win over the power of love.
Orlando, Florida 6/12/16

Reality Check

Re: A Poll - Will Trussell be Found Guilty? And if so how much time will he get?

Post by Reality Check » Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:20 pm

The only thing that scares me that this is Florida and a jury. :(

"“If you’re not outraged, you’re not paying attention.”

Heather Heyer, November 2016

Maclilly

Post by Maclilly » Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:22 pm

My concern is at last one of these jury members is a true "belieber" look at what happened with Hovind

Orlylicious

Post by Orlylicious » Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:52 pm

Look back at Paul Lentz' thoughts... Dana's been the clerk for 27 years, Terry is never going to be in the Dixie County family (and any progress he made he lost with the RV in Inger's driveway BS). Hankerson won't put up with it. And Inger is digging the hole way deeper. And Meggs himself is running the show. Sucks to be Terry.

:sharky;

RC Radio! RC Radio! When? When? :P

Plutodog

Post by Plutodog » Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:17 am

Sumpin wrong with this polling. Guilty or not should be one question, punishment on any guilty verdict another. Between the Guilty of at least one charge and not guilty of any charges I can only guess we had 53 total voters. But with a bit of checking, I found I could leave guilty/not guilty go and instead just vote for two disparate sentencing outcomes.

Retooling indicated.

The only good Bundy is an Al Bundy.

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:18 am

Plutodog wrote:Sumpin wrong with this polling. Guilty or not should be one question, punishment on any guilty verdict another. Between the Guilty of at least one charge and not guilty of any charges I can only guess we had 53 total voters. But with a bit of checking, I found I could leave guilty/not guilty go and instead just vote for two disparate sentencing outcomes.

Retooling indicated.
Some people didn't vote on the guilty or not guilty choices. I couldn't figure out a way to restrict sentencing to those who only voted guilty.

Give it a try 'Dog. See if you can set it up differently.

Slartibartfast

Post by Slartibartfast » Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:12 pm

Sterngard Friegen wrote:
Plutodog wrote:Sumpin wrong with this polling. Guilty or not should be one question, punishment on any guilty verdict another. Between the Guilty of at least one charge and not guilty of any charges I can only guess we had 53 total voters. But with a bit of checking, I found I could leave guilty/not guilty go and instead just vote for two disparate sentencing outcomes.

Retooling indicated.
Some people didn't vote on the guilty or not guilty choices. I couldn't figure out a way to restrict sentencing to those who only voted guilty.

Give it a try 'Dog. See if you can set it up differently.
Um... If the choices were "Not Guilty", "Guilty--probation", "Guilty--up to one year", etc. Then all the permissible choices are encapsulated with a single vote and the list is one item shorter.

Just sayin'.

:towel:

"Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat."
---Sun Tzu (quoting Thomas Jefferson)
nam-myoho-renge-kyo---Thomas Jefferson (quoting Slartibartfast)

Mikedunford

Post by Mikedunford » Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:15 pm

Oh, sure. Bring math into the polling.

I believe that each era finds a improvement in law each year brings something new for the benefit of mankind.

--Clarence Earl Gideon

Slartibartfast

Post by Slartibartfast » Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:40 pm

Mikedunford wrote:Oh, sure. Bring math into the polling.
s'rry. :oops:

"Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat."
---Sun Tzu (quoting Thomas Jefferson)
nam-myoho-renge-kyo---Thomas Jefferson (quoting Slartibartfast)

Karen Walker

Post by Karen Walker » Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:54 pm

Reality Check wrote:The only thing that scares me that this is Florida and a jury. :(
My aunt & uncle were from Trenton. I mentioned yesterday that my uncle owned a business in Fanning Springs right by the river & I spent a great deal of my pre-adult life in the area.

The locals are simple folk. I don't mean that in a derogatory way. They aren't academic but they aren't entirely stupid either. They can go outside & know if it's raining or if the sun is shining. In other words, they do posses a certain amount of common sense. They have a great deal of respect for their neighbors & the rule of law.

That said... I predict the jury will follow the law but it wouldn't surprise me at all if there is a mistrial/hung jury.

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:00 pm

:crying:

boots

Post by boots » Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:38 pm

Does anyone know the guidelines for sentencing there in Floridiaduh?

Karen Walker

Post by Karen Walker » Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:46 pm

Sterngard Friegen wrote::crying:
Sorry :sterngard:... These folks are my roots but don't dispair, sometimes that Florida dirt grows beautiful magnolias.

We ain't all dumber than a bag of hammer handles in a bait shop. :rotflmao:

Paul Lentz

Post by Paul Lentz » Tue Jun 07, 2016 5:07 pm

Techno Luddite wrote:Does anyone know the guidelines for sentencing there in Floridiaduh?
Yes. There is a fairly complete discussion on that subject located here: http://www.thefogbow.com/forum/viewtopi ... 00#p601735

The love of power will not win over the power of love.
Orlando, Florida 6/12/16

Slim Cognito

Post by Slim Cognito » Tue Jun 07, 2016 5:12 pm

Karen Walker wrote:
Reality Check wrote:The only thing that scares me that this is Florida and a jury. :(
My aunt & uncle were from Trenton. I mentioned yesterday that my uncle owned a business in Fanning Springs right by the river & I spent a great deal of my pre-adult life in the area.

The locals are simple folk. I don't mean that in a derogatory way. They aren't academic but they aren't entirely stupid either. They can go outside & know if it's raining or if the sun is shining. In other words, they do posses a certain amount of common sense. They have a great deal of respect for their neighbors & the rule of law.

That said... I predict the jury will follow the law but it wouldn't surprise me at all if there is a mistrial/hung jury.
The people we've dealt with are wonderful, helpful and friendly. That said, we're in Southern Alabama.

ImageImageImage x4

Karen Walker

Post by Karen Walker » Tue Jun 07, 2016 5:52 pm

Slim Cognito wrote:The people we've dealt with are wonderful, helpful and friendly. That said, we're in Southern Alabama.
:eek2: How very dare you?! You wash your mouth out with soap this instant, young lady. Aladamnbama... Pfft. :lol:

RoadScholar

Post by RoadScholar » Tue Jun 07, 2016 5:55 pm

IANAL, so... Is there the possibility here of a directed verdict?

The bitterest truth is healthier than the sweetest lie.
X3

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:04 pm

RoadScholar wrote:IANAL, so... Is there the possibility here of a directed verdict?
:lol:

No.

:crying:

bob

Post by bob » Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:05 pm

RoadScholar wrote:IANAL, so... Is there the possibility here of a directed verdict?
Already dennied, IIRC.

Imagex5 Imagex2 Imagex3 Imagex2

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:12 pm

bob - he meant a directed verdict of GUILTY.

Family Liberty Patriot

Post by Family Liberty Patriot » Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:22 pm

I will settle for the verdict reached in The Producers:

"Your Honor, we find the defendant INCREDIBLY GUILTY."

"The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."

John Kenneth Galbraith (1908 - 2006)

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski » Wed Jun 08, 2016 12:52 pm

I am beginning to fret that it may be a hung jury. It only takes one. Maybe it would have been better to change the venue to a more populous county. :?

Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

Maybenaut

Post by Maybenaut » Wed Jun 08, 2016 12:58 pm

Volkonski wrote:I am beginning to fret that it may be a hung jury. It only takes one. Maybe it would have been better to change the venue to a more populous county. :?
I don't know about that. If TT testifies I think Meggs will just walk him through how he committed every element of every offense. I think a hung jury would require one or more jurors refusing to follow the law. Could happen, but I'm hopeful it won't.

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski » Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:09 pm

Maybenaut wrote:
Volkonski wrote:I am beginning to fret that it may be a hung jury. It only takes one. Maybe it would have been better to change the venue to a more populous county. :?
I don't know about that. If TT testifies I think Meggs will just walk him through how he committed every element of every offense. I think a hung jury would require one or more jurors refusing to follow the law. Could happen, but I'm hopeful it won't.
I hope you are right.

However, the demographics of Dixie County worry me. Predominately white and quite poor. Even though in party voter registrations Democrats outnumber Republicans by almost 2 to 1, the county has gone strongly for the Republican candidate in the last 4 presidential elections (by over 70% when President Obama was running). Might be a lot of people in that county who harbor ill-feeling to the establishment.

Maybe I would feel better if we knew what went on during voir dire.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dixie_Cou ... mographics

Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

Orlylicious

Post by Orlylicious » Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:15 pm

My bet is still on convicted and 4+ years. This has the attention of the top DA, the Judge is pissed, the clerk has been the juty's clerk for 27 years and TT is an interloper. Plus he's GUILTY and unrepentant.

Bonus: Found this clip of Inger Garcia, good luck hun! :P
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMFVnlxRlJw
* Not Julie but Inger Katie Hardy is really good!

Return to “Terry Trussell”