A Poll - Will Trussell be Found Guilty? And if so how much time will he get?

Will Trussell be found guilty? If so, how much time will he get?

He will be found guilty of at least one charge.
60
43%
He will be found not guilty of all charges.
5
4%
He will be sentenced to probation.
5
4%
He will be sentenced to some time in jail not exceeding 6 months.
7
5%
He will be sentenced to between 6 months and one day to one year in jail.
11
8%
He will be sentenced to between 1 year and a day to 2 years in prison.
22
16%
He will be sentenced to between 2 years and a day to 3 years in prison.
8
6%
He will be sentenced to between 3 years and a day to 4 years in prison.
9
6%
He will be sentenced to more than 4 years in prison.
13
9%
 
Total votes: 140

User avatar
Paul Lentz
Posts: 3661
Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:56 pm
Location: Downtown O-town

Re: A Poll - Will Trussell be Found Guilty? And if so how much time will he get?

#51

Post by Paul Lentz » Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:59 pm

Reality Check wrote:Can we add the death penalty based on Inger's first day?
Not officially. But according to Inger (in multiple filings), Trussell is being tried for a "capital crime" and is facing "a death penalty."


The love of power will not win over the power of love.
Orlando, Florida 6/12/16

User avatar
Reality Check
Posts: 14581
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:09 pm
Location: USA
Contact:

Re: A Poll - Will Trussell be Found Guilty? And if so how much time will he get?

#52

Post by Reality Check » Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:20 pm

The only thing that scares me that this is Florida and a jury. :(


"“If you’re not outraged, you’re not paying attention.”

Heather Heyer, November 2016

Maclilly
Posts: 61
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:15 pm
Location: Seattle

Re: A Poll - Will Trussell be Found Guilty? And if so how much time will he get?

#53

Post by Maclilly » Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:22 pm

My concern is at last one of these jury members is a true "belieber" look at what happened with Hovind



User avatar
Orlylicious
Posts: 7382
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:02 pm

Re: A Poll - Will Trussell be Found Guilty? And if so how much time will he get?

#54

Post by Orlylicious » Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:52 pm

Look back at Paul Lentz' thoughts... Dana's been the clerk for 27 years, Terry is never going to be in the Dixie County family (and any progress he made he lost with the RV in Inger's driveway BS). Hankerson won't put up with it. And Inger is digging the hole way deeper. And Meggs himself is running the show. Sucks to be Terry.

:sharky;

RC Radio! RC Radio! When? When? :P



User avatar
Plutodog
Posts: 11927
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:11 pm

Re: A Poll - Will Trussell be Found Guilty? And if so how much time will he get?

#55

Post by Plutodog » Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:17 am

Sumpin wrong with this polling. Guilty or not should be one question, punishment on any guilty verdict another. Between the Guilty of at least one charge and not guilty of any charges I can only guess we had 53 total voters. But with a bit of checking, I found I could leave guilty/not guilty go and instead just vote for two disparate sentencing outcomes.

Retooling indicated.


The only good Bundy is an Al Bundy.

User avatar
Sterngard Friegen
Posts: 43204
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:32 am
Location: Over the drawbridge

Re: A Poll - Will Trussell be Found Guilty? And if so how much time will he get?

#56

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:18 am

Plutodog wrote:Sumpin wrong with this polling. Guilty or not should be one question, punishment on any guilty verdict another. Between the Guilty of at least one charge and not guilty of any charges I can only guess we had 53 total voters. But with a bit of checking, I found I could leave guilty/not guilty go and instead just vote for two disparate sentencing outcomes.

Retooling indicated.
Some people didn't vote on the guilty or not guilty choices. I couldn't figure out a way to restrict sentencing to those who only voted guilty.

Give it a try 'Dog. See if you can set it up differently.



User avatar
Slartibartfast
Posts: 6982
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:52 pm

Re: A Poll - Will Trussell be Found Guilty? And if so how much time will he get?

#57

Post by Slartibartfast » Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:12 pm

Sterngard Friegen wrote:
Plutodog wrote:Sumpin wrong with this polling. Guilty or not should be one question, punishment on any guilty verdict another. Between the Guilty of at least one charge and not guilty of any charges I can only guess we had 53 total voters. But with a bit of checking, I found I could leave guilty/not guilty go and instead just vote for two disparate sentencing outcomes.

Retooling indicated.
Some people didn't vote on the guilty or not guilty choices. I couldn't figure out a way to restrict sentencing to those who only voted guilty.

Give it a try 'Dog. See if you can set it up differently.
Um... If the choices were "Not Guilty", "Guilty--probation", "Guilty--up to one year", etc. Then all the permissible choices are encapsulated with a single vote and the list is one item shorter.

Just sayin'.

:towel:


"Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat."
---Sun Tzu (quoting Thomas Jefferson)
nam-myoho-renge-kyo---Thomas Jefferson (quoting Slartibartfast)

User avatar
Mikedunford
Posts: 8913
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:42 pm

Re: A Poll - Will Trussell be Found Guilty? And if so how much time will he get?

#58

Post by Mikedunford » Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:15 pm

Oh, sure. Bring math into the polling.


I believe that each era finds a improvement in law each year brings something new for the benefit of mankind.

--Clarence Earl Gideon

User avatar
Slartibartfast
Posts: 6982
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:52 pm

Re: A Poll - Will Trussell be Found Guilty? And if so how much time will he get?

#59

Post by Slartibartfast » Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:40 pm

Mikedunford wrote:Oh, sure. Bring math into the polling.
s'rry. :oops:


"Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat."
---Sun Tzu (quoting Thomas Jefferson)
nam-myoho-renge-kyo---Thomas Jefferson (quoting Slartibartfast)

User avatar
Karen Walker
Posts: 1911
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:31 pm

Re: A Poll - Will Trussell be Found Guilty? And if so how much time will he get?

#60

Post by Karen Walker » Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:54 pm

Reality Check wrote:The only thing that scares me that this is Florida and a jury. :(
My aunt & uncle were from Trenton. I mentioned yesterday that my uncle owned a business in Fanning Springs right by the river & I spent a great deal of my pre-adult life in the area.

The locals are simple folk. I don't mean that in a derogatory way. They aren't academic but they aren't entirely stupid either. They can go outside & know if it's raining or if the sun is shining. In other words, they do posses a certain amount of common sense. They have a great deal of respect for their neighbors & the rule of law.

That said... I predict the jury will follow the law but it wouldn't surprise me at all if there is a mistrial/hung jury.



User avatar
Sterngard Friegen
Posts: 43204
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:32 am
Location: Over the drawbridge

Re: A Poll - Will Trussell be Found Guilty? And if so how much time will he get?

#61

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:00 pm

:crying:



User avatar
boots
Posts: 2747
Joined: Sat May 16, 2015 5:23 pm

Re: A Poll - Will Trussell be Found Guilty? And if so how much time will he get?

#62

Post by boots » Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:38 pm

Does anyone know the guidelines for sentencing there in Floridiaduh?



User avatar
Karen Walker
Posts: 1911
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:31 pm

Re: A Poll - Will Trussell be Found Guilty? And if so how much time will he get?

#63

Post by Karen Walker » Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:46 pm

Sterngard Friegen wrote::crying:
Sorry :sterngard:... These folks are my roots but don't dispair, sometimes that Florida dirt grows beautiful magnolias.

We ain't all dumber than a bag of hammer handles in a bait shop. :rotflmao:



User avatar
Paul Lentz
Posts: 3661
Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:56 pm
Location: Downtown O-town

Re: A Poll - Will Trussell be Found Guilty? And if so how much time will he get?

#64

Post by Paul Lentz » Tue Jun 07, 2016 5:07 pm

Techno Luddite wrote:Does anyone know the guidelines for sentencing there in Floridiaduh?
Yes. There is a fairly complete discussion on that subject located here: http://www.thefogbow.com/forum/viewtopi ... 00#p601735


The love of power will not win over the power of love.
Orlando, Florida 6/12/16

User avatar
Slim Cognito
Posts: 4523
Joined: Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:37 am

Re: A Poll - Will Trussell be Found Guilty? And if so how much time will he get?

#65

Post by Slim Cognito » Tue Jun 07, 2016 5:12 pm

Karen Walker wrote:
Reality Check wrote:The only thing that scares me that this is Florida and a jury. :(
My aunt & uncle were from Trenton. I mentioned yesterday that my uncle owned a business in Fanning Springs right by the river & I spent a great deal of my pre-adult life in the area.

The locals are simple folk. I don't mean that in a derogatory way. They aren't academic but they aren't entirely stupid either. They can go outside & know if it's raining or if the sun is shining. In other words, they do posses a certain amount of common sense. They have a great deal of respect for their neighbors & the rule of law.

That said... I predict the jury will follow the law but it wouldn't surprise me at all if there is a mistrial/hung jury.
The people we've dealt with are wonderful, helpful and friendly. That said, we're in Southern Alabama.


ImageImageImage x4

User avatar
Karen Walker
Posts: 1911
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:31 pm

Re: A Poll - Will Trussell be Found Guilty? And if so how much time will he get?

#66

Post by Karen Walker » Tue Jun 07, 2016 5:52 pm

Slim Cognito wrote:The people we've dealt with are wonderful, helpful and friendly. That said, we're in Southern Alabama.
:eek2: How very dare you?! You wash your mouth out with soap this instant, young lady. Aladamnbama... Pfft. :lol:



User avatar
RoadScholar
Posts: 6630
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:25 am
Location: Baltimore
Occupation: Historic Restoration Woodworker
Contact:

Re: A Poll - Will Trussell be Found Guilty? And if so how much time will he get?

#67

Post by RoadScholar » Tue Jun 07, 2016 5:55 pm

IANAL, so... Is there the possibility here of a directed verdict?


The bitterest truth is healthier than the sweetest lie.
X3

User avatar
Sterngard Friegen
Posts: 43204
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:32 am
Location: Over the drawbridge

Re: A Poll - Will Trussell be Found Guilty? And if so how much time will he get?

#68

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:04 pm

RoadScholar wrote:IANAL, so... Is there the possibility here of a directed verdict?
:lol:

No.

:crying:



User avatar
bob
Posts: 23575
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:22 pm

Re: A Poll - Will Trussell be Found Guilty? And if so how much time will he get?

#69

Post by bob » Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:05 pm

RoadScholar wrote:IANAL, so... Is there the possibility here of a directed verdict?
Already dennied, IIRC.


Imagex5 Imagex2 Imagex3 Imagex2

User avatar
Sterngard Friegen
Posts: 43204
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:32 am
Location: Over the drawbridge

Re: A Poll - Will Trussell be Found Guilty? And if so how much time will he get?

#70

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:12 pm

bob - he meant a directed verdict of GUILTY.



User avatar
Family Liberty Patriot
Posts: 4486
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:23 pm
Location: Southern Orlystan
Occupation: Czar of All the Russias

Re: A Poll - Will Trussell be Found Guilty? And if so how much time will he get?

#71

Post by Family Liberty Patriot » Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:22 pm

I will settle for the verdict reached in The Producers:

"Your Honor, we find the defendant INCREDIBLY GUILTY."


"The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."

John Kenneth Galbraith (1908 - 2006)

User avatar
Volkonski
Posts: 16030
Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:44 pm
Location: Texas Gulf Coast and North Fork of Long Island
Occupation: Retired Mechanical Engineer

Re: A Poll - Will Trussell be Found Guilty? And if so how much time will he get?

#72

Post by Volkonski » Wed Jun 08, 2016 12:52 pm

I am beginning to fret that it may be a hung jury. It only takes one. Maybe it would have been better to change the venue to a more populous county. :?


Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

User avatar
Maybenaut
Posts: 4382
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:58 am
Location: Maybelot

Re: A Poll - Will Trussell be Found Guilty? And if so how much time will he get?

#73

Post by Maybenaut » Wed Jun 08, 2016 12:58 pm

Volkonski wrote:I am beginning to fret that it may be a hung jury. It only takes one. Maybe it would have been better to change the venue to a more populous county. :?
I don't know about that. If TT testifies I think Meggs will just walk him through how he committed every element of every offense. I think a hung jury would require one or more jurors refusing to follow the law. Could happen, but I'm hopeful it won't.



User avatar
Volkonski
Posts: 16030
Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:44 pm
Location: Texas Gulf Coast and North Fork of Long Island
Occupation: Retired Mechanical Engineer

Re: A Poll - Will Trussell be Found Guilty? And if so how much time will he get?

#74

Post by Volkonski » Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:09 pm

Maybenaut wrote:
Volkonski wrote:I am beginning to fret that it may be a hung jury. It only takes one. Maybe it would have been better to change the venue to a more populous county. :?
I don't know about that. If TT testifies I think Meggs will just walk him through how he committed every element of every offense. I think a hung jury would require one or more jurors refusing to follow the law. Could happen, but I'm hopeful it won't.
I hope you are right.

However, the demographics of Dixie County worry me. Predominately white and quite poor. Even though in party voter registrations Democrats outnumber Republicans by almost 2 to 1, the county has gone strongly for the Republican candidate in the last 4 presidential elections (by over 70% when President Obama was running). Might be a lot of people in that county who harbor ill-feeling to the establishment.

Maybe I would feel better if we knew what went on during voir dire.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dixie_Cou ... mographics


Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

User avatar
Orlylicious
Posts: 7382
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:02 pm

Re: A Poll - Will Trussell be Found Guilty? And if so how much time will he get?

#75

Post by Orlylicious » Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:15 pm

My bet is still on convicted and 4+ years. This has the attention of the top DA, the Judge is pissed, the clerk has been the juty's clerk for 27 years and TT is an interloper. Plus he's GUILTY and unrepentant.

Bonus: Found this clip of Inger Garcia, good luck hun! :P
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMFVnlxRlJw
* Not Julie but Inger Katie Hardy is really good!



Post Reply

Return to “Terry Trussell”