Bundy related gossip and discussion

Azastan

Re: Bundy related gossip and discussion

Post by Azastan » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:57 am

neeneko wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:34 am

I have yet to meet an open cary person that I get any impression other than they want to send a message to those around them, and that message has nothing to do with safety or security.
Off Topic
I've met one, ONE. A fellow boarder at a horse barn carried a very discreet 'under the armpit' handgun. I think most people would have never noticed it. I noticed only because I saw it when she was working with her horse. Other than that, it's always been more of an aggressive threat display.

neeneko

Post by neeneko » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:39 pm

Azastan wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:57 am
Off Topic
I've met one, ONE. A fellow boarder at a horse barn carried a very discreet 'under the armpit' handgun. I think most people would have never noticed it. I noticed only because I saw it when she was working with her horse. Other than that, it's always been more of an aggressive threat display.
Off Topic
Even if that is technically 'open' in the legal sense, I would still consider that 'concealed' in the pratical/social sense.

Xtreme1

Post by Xtreme1 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:48 pm

I started out as a patrol officer. I then became a training officer. I then spent 5 years as an undercover DEA Task Force Agent working OCDETF (organized crime drug enforcement task force) cases. From there I promoted to Sergeant and then Lieutenant.

I’ve had my life threatened by 1% motorcycle gang members. I was involved in the arrest of Steve Howe, pitcher for the New York Yankees and boy, he was not a happy camper!

Bottom line is that even after all I’ve been involved in, I rarely carry. If I do, it is always concealed! I have Never had to utilize a concealed weapon while off-duty. I usually carry OC spray and my Taser Pulse and that’s plenty. I get angry when I see some dipshit open carrying in anything other than a rural setting. There is NO REASON FOR IT!! Tactically it’s a completely idiotic thing to do. You never want to let anyone know you’re carrying. It makes you a target in more ways than one. Most of these morons that open carry in public could be easily disarmed in a matter of seconds. I could make them the beneficiary of a brachial stun, disarm them and be a block away before they knew what happened to them.
Sorry for the long rant, but people who do that are usually the recipient of a very visceral reaction from me in the form of a lecture for doing something so stupid!!

“Most people do not really want freedom, because freedom involves responsibility, and most people are frightened of responsibility.”- Sigmund Freud

neeneko

Post by neeneko » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:19 pm

Xtreme1 wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:48 pm
. You never want to let anyone know you’re carrying. It makes you a target in more ways than one. Most of these morons that open carry in public could be easily disarmed in a matter of seconds. I could make them the beneficiary of a brachial stun, disarm them and be a block away before they knew what happened to them.
But, but,... clearly lesser men will be so in awe of their armed presence that they would never consider doing something like that! DIdn't you know all minorities and non christian men are cowards?

Xtreme1

Post by Xtreme1 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:21 pm

Oops, I forgot that!! I hope you can forgive me 😬

“Most people do not really want freedom, because freedom involves responsibility, and most people are frightened of responsibility.”- Sigmund Freud

Maybenaut

Post by Maybenaut » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:47 pm

neeneko wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:34 am
Maybenaut wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:12 am
Yeah, I find the whole open carry thing really, really strange. To me it’s almost as if the person is saying, “well, I can’t walk around without pants on so this is the next best thing.”
I've known quite a few concealed carry people over the years and that usually seemed rather pragmatic. They had some reason to be armed, but that reason involved being quiet about it and having a gun if it became needed.

I have yet to meet an open cary person that I get any impression other than they want to send a message to those around them, and that message has nothing to do with safety or security. The only exception I have run into is people who happen to be carrying long guns to or from something, but never 'oh I am just out doing non-firearm related things and happen to have a big obvious weapon on me'.
My son has a concealed carry permit. He has reasons. He never talks about it. It's not part of his persona. To my knowledge he's never had to remove his gun from the holster. At his home or at our cabin, the gun's always in the safe.

I could see open carrying a pistol if you work outside where there's snakes and stuff. But I find the idea of arming myself just because I can a little silly, and unnecessarily dangerous both to myself and others.

Azastan

Post by Azastan » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:54 pm

Xtreme1 wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:48 pm

Sorry for the long rant, but people who do that are usually the recipient of a very visceral reaction from me in the form of a lecture for doing something so stupid!!
The owner of the same boarding barn decided he was going to start walking around my small town with a gun on his hip. The barn manager and I laughed at him so much that he stopped that nonsense.

Seriously, I live in a smallish rural area. We aren't beset by armed gang members here. No venomous snakes on this side of the Cascades. Bears, yes, but I live across from a wetland that has at least two or three in there and have never been bothered by them.

maydijo

Post by maydijo » Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:16 pm

We have brown snakes around our place, and, once, inside. They are the second most venomous snakes in the world. It's also illegal to kill them - snakes are crucial members of their ecosystem and play a vital role at keeping pests at bay. We don't have any guns, and of course we'd never break the law by killing a snake; when we see one we pick it up with a shovel and move it away from the house, but it's a little-known fact that their heads sometimes spontaneously fall off in transit. But honestly, if you're using a gun against a snake, you'd better be a damned fine shooter. Snakes only attack humans if they're scared (and even then, they only release venom every 1 in 10 bites.) You're much better off just turning around and walking away than shooting at it.

Xtreme1

Post by Xtreme1 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:44 pm

Yep, if we shot or killed everything that either scared us or we looked upon as a nuisance, the world would be a pretty stark place!!

I feel much happier as a human being if I choose a different route around a snake or bear, rather than killing it just because I can!! Some idiots set the bar pretty low for their justifying having to kill something. But they’d probably want the bar set higher if it was them in the crosshairs!

neeneko

Post by neeneko » Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:54 pm

Azastan wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:54 pm
The owner of the same boarding barn decided he was going to start walking around my small town with a gun on his hip. The barn manager and I laughed at him so much that he stopped that nonsense.
Long term, this is probably the only thing that can really curb 'gun culture'. People do this stuff because they think it makes them look cool, and they have friends (not to mention marketers) telling them that it loos cool. Once it is uncool according to people they want to like them, the desire to be associated with it will fade.

It came from whole cloth, and it can go out just as arbitrarily.

RVInit

Post by RVInit » Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:05 pm

"I know that human being and fish can coexist peacefully"
--- George W Bush

RVInit

Post by RVInit » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:50 pm

Read JJ McNabb's responses to this tweet. Interesting.

"I know that human being and fish can coexist peacefully"
--- George W Bush

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:05 pm

Ugh. There goes dinner. :sick: :sick:
This auction is being held for Duane Ehmer. He heard the call and took his trusted horse, Hellboy, to stand. He will be making a journey on Hellboy starting in a very few short weeks to turn himself in to federal prison in Sheridan Oregon. What did he do to deserve this? He went and rode his pony in the freezing snow to save lives. You see he is one of the few that went to Malheur refuge when Ammon Bundy and others needed help. Duane served his country in the military and took his oath to protect and serve the people of this country to heart. He was not about to shirk his duty now. So while there he cleaned and repaired the building he and Hellboy would be at and he rode out in the snow to patrol the perimeter. When he feared for his safety and the safety of others he helped dig a trench to shield them from sniper fire. After LaVoy Finicum was murdered Duane road Hellboy out to the gate and was arrested and taken into custody. Yes you have heard correctly that Hellboy was taken in also! Now this hero needs our help. We are raising money to pay his house off so that his daughter and family, as well as Hellboy, dont lose their home while he is away this coming year. The homeowner wants it paid before Duane turns himself in! So although we have a long way to go we know with your help we will get there. Let's provide Duane and his family with a Christmas miracle all their own! For anyone wanting to just make a monetary donation please use http://paypal.me/AS4L

Pompeed

Post by Pompeed » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:31 pm

Ugh. There goes dinner. :sick: :sick:

For sure!

A whole bunch of the criminals involved in these anarchist behaviors are former military people. Who volunteer to go to war and when they come back, they use what they learned in war to make war on American citizens.

Instead of upholding the Constitution, they aid and abet criminals.

Thank them for their service? Not while I draw breath.

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:41 pm

I can't find it now, but I thought I saw a comment on OLive that Ammon has a new seditious-y video out. Has anyone seen/heard? Or did I imagine that comment?

scirreeve

Post by scirreeve » Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:02 am

pipistrelle wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:41 pm
I can't find it now, but I thought I saw a comment on OLive that Ammon has a new seditious-y video out. Has anyone seen/heard? Or did I imagine that comment?
You are not mistaken - the comment was made on OLive but I think the commenter was mistaken. A couple of his old videos were recently posted on his FB page - I haven't seen any new videos.

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle » Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:06 am

scirreeve wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:02 am
pipistrelle wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:41 pm
You are not mistaken - the comment was made on OLive but I think the commenter was mistaken. A couple of his old videos were recently posted on his FB page - I haven't seen any new videos.
Thanks — that’s what I was guessing because I don’t think even Ammon is that dense.

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle » Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:21 am

I tripped over this and now that song is stuck in my head.

Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:12 am

Poot auction! I know you're all sorry you missed it.

ArthurWankspittle

Post by ArthurWankspittle » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:14 am

Kendra wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:12 am
Any unopened Gummi-Dicks we could re-use?

Going to Tibet now and deleting Facebook you have my email address.

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:17 am

ArthurWankspittle wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:14 am
Kendra wrote:
Any unopened Gummi-Dicks we could re-use?
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I've only skimmed a bit, so can't answer for sure. Lots of poot craft went up for grabs.

Dr. Blue

Post by Dr. Blue » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:32 am

Kendra wrote:
:snippity:
Kim Jong Un was getting his contribution ready:

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:47 am

:thumbs: :thumbs:

Dolly

Post by Dolly » Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:39 pm

don't know here else to post this.
ETA: I cross posted this to the "JON RITZHEIMER: "I'm taking initiative" thread that I had forgotten about. :blackeye:
http://www.thefogbow.com/forum/viewtopi ... 75#p940075
December 11, 2017
Who will replace Trent Franks in Arizona's 8th district?
A half-dozen candidates have announced they're running, with more to come. In a packed field, President Donald Trump's endorsement could decide who wins.
An endorsement from Trump or former Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer, who lives in the district, or a nod from former sheriff Joe Arpaio could decide who wins the Republican primary.

The list of Republican candidates is growing, including conservative activist Jon Ritzheimer, who organized a Phoenix mosque protest two years ago.

He joins the following candidates:
State Sen. Steve Montenegro (endorsed by Franks and Arpaio)
Former state power regulator Bob Stump
Former state legislator Phil Lovas

On the Democratic side, the candidates are emergency room doctor Hiral Tiperneni and Brianna Westbrook, believed to be the first transgender candidate for Congress in Arizona.
http://www.12news.com/news/politics/who ... /498722568

ETA
UPDATED: Here's Everyone Who's Running To Replace Trent Franks
ANTONIA NOORI FARZAN | DECEMBER 12, 2017 | 10:15AM

Even before Trent Franks resigned from Congress, it was pretty clear that 2018 was going to be a wild year in Arizona politics.
Now, we have a special election on our hands, too. And it's coming sooner than you think.
• Jon Ritzheimer, a far-right anti-Muslim activist who was part of the armed takeover of the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge.
http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/news/spe ... ks-9945857
BrahmResnik‏Verified account
@brahmresnik

JUST IN Jon Ritzheimer enters GOP primary in #AZ08. You know him as:
-Guy in F--- Islam shirt who led #PHX mosque protest in '15
-Holdout at '16 Oregon standoff w feds
-Now felon who can't vote for himself.
Saw him at #PHX Trump rally in August: <video on tweet>

Avatar by Tal Peleg Art of Makeup https://www.facebook.com/TalPelegMakeUp

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:06 pm