When Wingnuts Collide

Skip Intro

When Wingnuts Collide

Postby Skip Intro » Wed May 14, 2014 6:50 pm

Ken Ham Claims Pat Robertson Promotes 'Pagan Ideas,' Effectively Attacked Jesus Christ

Ken Ham is ready to do battle once again with an unlikely foe, televangelist Pat Robertson, over their differing views on the age of the earth.Responding to Robertson’s recent remarks that “you have to be deaf, dumb and blind to think that this Earth that we live in only has 6,000 years of existence,” Ham fired back on his Facebook page yesterday.Ham, whose group Answers in Genesis runs the Creation Museum, said that Robertson’s comments were “beyond ignorant” and incorporated “pagan ideas,” arguing that his attack on “the authority of the Word” amounts to an attack on Jesus Christ.

-xx - See more at: [/break1]rightwingwatch.org/content/ken-ham-claims-pat-robertson-promotes-pagan-ideas-effectively-attacked-jesus-christ#sthash.zv0wjnyI.dpuf]http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/k ... wjnyI.dpuf

Mr. Gneiss

When Wingnuts Collide

Postby Mr. Gneiss » Wed May 14, 2014 7:03 pm

=)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =))

Whatever4

When Wingnuts Collide

Postby Whatever4 » Wed May 14, 2014 7:38 pm

Best topic title in a long time. (Poopies still wins. )

Northland10

When Wingnuts Collide

Postby Northland10 » Wed May 14, 2014 10:00 pm

Does Mr. Ham must fly because, dammit, he makes me side with Pat Robinson, if only for a millisecond. :explode: At least when Birthers disagree they have the common courtesy to be completely wrong, on both sides.

RoadScholar

When Wingnuts Collide

Postby RoadScholar » Wed May 14, 2014 11:59 pm

Ken Ham is ready to do battle once again with an unlikely foe, televangelist Pat Robertson, over their differing views on the age of the earth. . . .

Ham, whose group Answers in Genesis runs the Creation Museum, said that Robertson’s comments were “beyond ignorant” and incorporated “pagan ideas..."

-xx

One day in Africa, God was walking down the road between two villages wearing a hat that was blue on the side facing one village and red facing the other. On the way back from where He was going He turned the hat around so that the second time He passed, the same color faced the same village.

At the annual festival, the Chief of one of the tribes boasts "We have seen God! He is a tall man with a blue hat." Angrily, the other Chief quarrels "You lie! WE have seen God, and He is a tall man with a RED hat!" And then the two tribes fall to beating and killing each other, and worse.

And God laughs and laughs.

When I first heard this ancient story I didn't get the joke. God laughs? What?

Later in life with experience, though, it became plain: They had BEEN IN THE PRESENCE OF GOD. But... that rare, exalted blessing wasn't good enough for them. They had to be right about the color of his damn hat. Worse, they believed this trivial disagreement with their neighbors was a serious enough matter to warrant bloodshed.

Now, the tribes could have sat down and discussed a rational explanation for the hat colors, and discovered that they had probably both seen one God. But no.

Nope. Not us. Not mankind.

Looked at in a certain rueful sort of way, I suppose that's pretty funny.
I'll Stop Attacking the Far Right with the Truth When They Stop Attacking Me with Lies.

Return to “Religion”