Governors erupt in partisan dispute at White House

Addie

Postby Addie » Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:36 pm

[link]Associated Press,http://news.yahoo.com/governors-erupt-partisan-dispute-white-house-184420111--politics.html[/link] (VIDEO)

Governors erupt in partisan dispute at White House ...

Jindal's statements were the kind that Republicans often make on television appearances or at partisan events. But his colleagues had been instead expressing wide agreement and appreciation for the president's time. Some of the governors began shaking their heads, and Hawaii Democratic Gov. Neil Abercrombie began audibly mumbling to others around him even as Jindal was speaking.

Connecticut Democratic Gov. Dannel Malloy took over the microphone from Jindal and responded sharply, "Wait a second, until a few moments ago we were going down a pretty cooperative road. So let me just say that we don't all agree that moving Canadian oil through the United States is necessarily the best thing for the United States economy." ...

"I don't know what the heck was a reference to white flag when it comes to people making $404 a week," Malloy snapped. "I mean that's the most insane statement I've ever heard." ...

As the news conference broke up, Colorado Democratic Gov. John Hickenlooper, vice chair of the governors association, called Jindal a "cheap shot artist." He made the comment to reporters as he was walking off the White House grounds.

The public dispute came after Obama addressed the group in the State Dining Room and appealed for their help to advance his economic policies that stand little chance of winning passage on Capitol Hill.

Shut up! We can't hear the mimes! -Jacques Prévert, Les Enfants du Paradis

SueDB

Postby SueDB » Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:44 pm

Could it be that Jindal gets to take the shot as he's pretty much burnt toast - term limited etc??? He's not going anywhere, so he is expendable (NADT)??His term as governor has not improved his manners.
"Scientific Research: A whole lotta tedious attention to detail followed
by a lovely payoff too esoteric for your friends to understand."
anon--

mimi

Postby mimi » Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:01 pm

The last sentence in that piece sums it up.

Asked about his own presidential ambitions, Jindal responded, "My honest answer is I don't know what I'm going to be doing in 2016."

sure.

jonbeck

Postby jonbeck » Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:12 pm

Jindal still reminds me of a femmed down version of Mightly Mouse, notwithstanding his big boy pants and posturing in front of the cool kids.

Suranis

Postby Suranis » Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:24 pm

http://l1.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/1GhagaiwqVKpsPk.GEGKSQ--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7Zmk9ZmlsbDtoPTYzOTtweW9mZj0wO3E9NzU7dz05NjA-/http://media.zenfs.com/en_us/News/ap_webfeeds/52e918e8c2aac2074c0f6a706700e91b.jpg

His compatriots don't look exactly happy in that photo.

Whatever happened to having respect for the office.
Have you tried the Internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it.

kate520

Postby kate520 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:26 pm

Jindal still reminds me of a femmed down version of Mightly Mouse, notwithstanding his big boy pants and posturing in front of the cool kids.

=)) =)) =)) Now that you mention it....!

SueDB

Postby SueDB » Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:26 pm

You have to be able to respect yourself before you can respect others???
"Scientific Research: A whole lotta tedious attention to detail followed
by a lovely payoff too esoteric for your friends to understand."
anon--

Return to “President & Executive Branch”