Falsehoods unchallenged only fester and grow. To join, email foggy at thefogbow dot com.

Guest Announcements

To join the forum, email me: foggy at thefogbow dot com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Happy Birfday Earf
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:11 pm 

I missed it, hope she'll take a belated birfday present.
Quote:

'Twas the night before Creation…

According to Ussher, the world was created the evening before 23 October 4004BC, which means that our planet should now be 6015 years old, as of tonight.

She really let herself go, I'm afraid. I swear, she looks about 4½ billion years old. Motherhood is tough, but I didn't know it was that bad.

http://scienceblogs.com/pharyngula/2011 ... eation.php

Birtherism is so ridiculous that I no longer feel obligated to treat proponents w/slightest degree of respect or civility

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:23 am 

GreatGrey wrote:
I missed it, hope she'll take a belated birfday present.
Quote:

'Twas the night before Creation…

According to Ussher, the world was created the evening before 23 October 4004BC, which means that our planet should now be 6015 years old, as of tonight.

She really let herself go, I'm afraid. I swear, she looks about 4½ billion years old. Motherhood is tough, but I didn't know it was that bad.

http://scienceblogs.com/pharyngula/2011 ... eation.php

John Lightfoot refined Ussher's calculations and narrowed down the time to 23 Oct 4004 BC 9:00 am. I think these guys had way too much time on their hands.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 8:34 pm 

Earf posed for a birfday picture taken by a Russian satellite, the highest-resolution picture ever taken from space.

HuffPost, May 14, 2012 Earth PHOTO: High-Resolution Image From Electro-L Satellite Shows Planet In Single Shot (PHOTO, VIDEO)

Go to the article, not just to the YouTube link below. Note that the video is interactive and that there are several options.

Edit: Notice how bunched-up we are on this planet. This is a photo of the rest of our world: