2014 - CA Governor

Skip Intro

2014 - CA Governor

Postby Skip Intro » Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:48 pm

Meet the candidates. GOP candidate #1.CA GOP candidate for governor is a registered sex offender, committed manslaughter

One of the four gubernatorial candidates introduced to at the California Republican state party’s semi-annual convention last week spent a decade in prison for convictions for voluntary manslaughter and assault with intent to commit rape, according to the LA Times.Speaking before hundreds of delegates and supporters, Glenn Champ, 48, did not directly address colorful history, choosing instead to explain, “In my life, I’ve been held accountable because of my stupidity. I do not want anyone else to be enslaved because of their lack of knowledge.”Champ was one of four candidates speaking at the convention – introduced by party chairman Jim Brulte – speaking between leading GOP gubernatorial candidates, former U.S. Treasury official Neel Kashkari, and state Assemblyman Tim Donnelly of San Bernardino County.Champ’s criminal history is extensive. Court records show that he pleaded guilty to carrying a concealed firearm in 1992. In 1993, he was convicted of two counts of assault with intent to commit rape and was placed on the state’s sex-offender registry.

[/break1]rawstory.com/rs/2014/03/22/ca-gop-candidate-for-governor-is-a-registered-sex-offender-commited-manslaughter/#.Uy5ASgdjmOU.twitter]http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/03/22/c ... OU.twitterComing up: Tim Donnelly.

Skip Intro

2014 - CA Governor

Postby Skip Intro » Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:55 pm

Candidate #2 - Tim Donnelly

Gubernatorial candidate Tim Donnelly received the imprimatur Sunday of a conservative group once deemed the "conscience" of the state GOP by Ronald Reagan."I want my state back. I want my freedom back," Donnelly told hundreds of delegates and supporters at a California Republican Assembly convention in Buena Park. "You are going to be the key, because … you are the foot soldiers of freedom."......Donnelly is an old-school conservative, a fierce advocate of gun rights and a staunch opponent of abortion rights and same-sex marriage, while Kashkari comes from the moderate wing of the party..........Donnelly, a state assemblyman from San Bernardino County and former Minuteman border patrol leader, struck a more combative tone as he championed the tenets of the tea party. He told reporters that the IRS and state tax authorities were stockpiling guns, which deeply offended him. (Some tax agents are authorized to carry firearms.)

[/break1]latimes.com/local/la-me-republicans-20140303,0,804636.story#ixzz2wkb4zS71]http://www.latimes.com/local/la-me-repu ... z2wkb4zS71[/break1]latimes.com/local/la-me-california-republicans-20140316,0,7250475.story#ixzz2wkbYG6Gl]http://www.latimes.com/local/la-me-cali ... z2wkbYG6Gl

Skip Intro

2014 - CA Governor

Postby Skip Intro » Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:02 pm

Update on GOP candidate #1. You can see why a lunatic like Orly Taitz can get traction here.

GLENN CHAMP’S political philosophy is a T.E.A. (tax enough already) partier. He believes in Biblical rights, constitution of our founding fathers state rights, liberty and Justice to use your gun rights!Feeling that it’s time to bring a fighter to the Republican Party and move away from lawyer candidates. Einstein said, “That if you keep using the same ingredients and expect different results - that is the definition of insanity” , like we have in the land of fruits and nuts.CHAMP represents a new breed of Christian soldier moving forward in the army of the lord, on the highway of righteousness, stomping on the devil’s head, with a new song of righteousness’s in our hearts. Amen. As a man of God, he is going back to fix the crooked places that have led to our current catastrophe. There is a parallel to our spirituality and our nations prosperity. God has sent a deliverer, CHAMP to lead the way back to righteousness and prosperity.On the religious beliefs, "God honors the individuals soldier free will to sacrifice and stand fast for what is right and so do I."On California's economic issues, CHAMP favors large tax cuts for businesses and individual taxpayers. He supports the development of small businesses, due to his experience as a small businessman in California. CHAMP declared that, as governor he will remove "job-killing legislation".As a candidate, CHAMP declared that, as governor, he would "immediately turn the Central Valley farmers' water supply back on with my own wrench". And build water reserves, clean up our mismanaged forests, and utilize all our natural resources. The gubernatorial candidate opposed what he called, "job-killing legislation drafted by environmental terrorist extremists".CHAMP does not support same sex marriage but views them as misled people with past issues that have not been dealt with in a Biblical manner, nor does he support womb abortions 99.9% of the time. As a man of God and an Evangelical Christian believer, CHAMP's faith "compels me to support Biblical traditional family values". The gubernatorial candidate opposed what he called, " ungodly legislation drafted by demonic terrorist extremists own agenda", that refuse to follow the Biblical or constitution guide lines. This will involve a total overhaul of court house, school house, and church house!Q/A you may ask yourself why a man of God to be Governor of California?God has heard your cries and sent a deliverer, “Champ”.Men of God cannot be bought for money, because they have already been bought by the blood of Jesus the Christ. Also, been through the trials of life and the fire of intimidation coming out of the furnace as tempered steel. They know what their enemy agenda is, and how to stop it and turn it to the straight direction of righteousness.That is something a lawyer and an actor can’t do!CHAMP has named Jesus Christ, Einstein, Thomas Jefferson, Abraham Lincoln, Ronald Reagan, and George Washington as individuals who have had a positive impact on his life and his philosophy.

[/break1]champforgovernor.com/]http://www.champforgovernor.com/

Skip Intro

2014 - CA Governor

Postby Skip Intro » Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:06 pm

Candidate #3: Neel KashkariSo far, the only semi-sane one in the race, similar to Jon Huntsman in the 2012 GOP Pres. race.Like Huntsman, Kashkari is anathema to the base, so there's not much more to say about him.

kate520

2014 - CA Governor

Postby kate520 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:43 pm

What a perfectly Republican name, Kashkarri.

Skip Intro

2014 - CA Governor

Postby Skip Intro » Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:45 pm

What a perfectly Republican name, Kashkarri.

From Goldman-Sachs, so he does know something about carrying away a lot of cash.

Skip Intro

2014 - CA Governor

Postby Skip Intro » Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:48 pm

#1 again. I just can't get enough of this guy, because I thought Donnelly was going to be the crazy one.http://s30.postimg.org/p0vba65r5/Bit_XI4_QCc_AA_o_Zo.jpg

Dolly

2014 - CA Governor

Postby Dolly » Fri May 09, 2014 2:01 pm

Issa: 'Ignorant' Remarks Make Donnelly Unfit To be Calif. GovernorRep. Darrell Issa sharply criticized a California gubernatorial candidate from the Republican tea party who erroneously suggested a rival of Indian descent was supportive of Islamic Sharia law.The squabble on Thursday among Republicans in the nation's most populous state comes in a race where Democratic Gov. Jerry Brown has shown a commanding lead in opinion polls.Earlier this week, a post on Republican candidate Tim Donnelly's Facebook page took aim at another Republican gubernatorial candidate, Neel Kashkari, for participating in a 2008 seminar titled "Islamic Finance 101" while Kashkari was a Treasury official."Given the recent stories and protests about the outrage of the discriminatory nature of Sharia law, we're horrified that Kashkari would support Sharia anything," the post said......Issa, who previously endorsed Kashkari and is chairman of the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee, joined the fray on Thursday in a strongly worded statement."There is no place in any public discussion for this type of hateful and ignorant garbage," said Issa, who is of Lebanese Christian descent. Kashkari is of the Hindu faith."As far as I'm concerned, this type of stupidity disqualifies Tim Donnelly from being fit to hold any office, anywhere. Donnelly is no longer a viable option for California voters," he said.Donnelly, in a phone interview, called Issa's attack "overkill" and said the controversy was overblown.

[/break1]newsmax.com/newswidget/darrell-issa-tim-donnelly-california-governor/2014/05/09/id/570412/?promo_code=EACE-1&utm_source=GatewayPundit&utm_medium=nmwidget&utm_campaign=widgetphase1]http://www.newsmax.com/newswidget/darre ... dgetphase1
Avatar by Tal Peleg Art of Makeup https://www.facebook.com/TalPelegMakeUp

Joseph Robidoux III

2014 - CA Governor

Postby Joseph Robidoux III » Tue May 27, 2014 4:55 pm

California state Assemblyman Tim Donnelly is causing fear among some Republican US House candidates and their campaign teams.

A controversial Republican gubernatorial candidate in California could cause the GOP headaches in down-ballot House races in a state crucial to the party’s hopes of increasing its House majority.State Assemblyman Tim Donnelly led Neel Kashkari, a former U.S. Treasury official and the establishment-preferred candidate, by 5 points in a poll this month from the Public Policy Institute of California. That has top Republican operatives in California and Washington, D.C., concerned that Donnelly’s controversial comments and ties to the California Minutemen, a group that fights illegal immigration on the border, could mobilize Hispanic and other Democratic-base voters who otherwise might fall off in this midterm year.Their fear is that the increased turnout to oppose Donnelly could boost the re-election hopes of vulnerable House Democrats and perhaps even improve the party’s chances to add to its ranks in the already Democrat-heavy delegation. A consultant with ties to Kashkari is among the Republicans sounding the alarm.[highlight=#ffff00]“It would be a fucking disaster,”[/highlight] said Jason Roe, a San Diego-based consultant who has worked with numerous congressional campaigns and whose firm is consulting for Kashkari.[/break1]rollcall.com/california-governor-race-boon-house-democrats/?dcz=]http://atr.rollcall.com/california-gove ... rats/?dcz=

I wish Jason Roe would just say what he means and quit beating around the bush.

mimi

2014 - CA Governor

Postby mimi » Tue May 27, 2014 5:41 pm

Regardless of whether they lose the general, they're still pushing the GOP further right.And some of the extremists will, in fact, get voted in.

SPen

2014 - CA Governor

Postby SPen » Tue May 27, 2014 11:51 pm

The Democrats, even in other states, really need Donnelly to be the GOP's nominee because he'll be quite a drag on the ticket. Ami Bera and Raul Ruiz probably have small but stable leads over their opponents, but Scott Peters is in a tough race against Carl DeMaio and he could really use Donnelly on the GOP ticket to hopefully depress Republican turnout. The Dems will also need some help to retain their 2/3 supermajority. It may be surprising to some but there's an awful lot at stake for the party, not just the state party, and the Dems need every break they can catch.

Estiveo

2014 - CA Governor

Postby Estiveo » Wed May 28, 2014 12:05 am

Donnelly must have some fundage behind him, because I'm seeing his signs posted all over town. Illegally in public right-of-ways, just over the lines into unincorporated county where the rules aren't enforced much, but still posted. We're a pretty blue town in a pretty blue county, so that's a lot of money spent to go for 2nd place, I guess.
"Holy f**k, Ted Cruz's voice sounds like every straight man's ex-wife." --The Rude Pundit

Dolly

2014 - CA Governor

Postby Dolly » Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:31 pm

GOP relieved as Tim Donnelly concedes in CaliforniaRepublican Neel Kashkari has bested GOP firebrand Tim Donnelly for second place in California’s gubernatorial primary Tuesday, clearing the way for Kashkari to challenge Democratic Gov. Jerry Brown this fall.Brown is expected to win reelection easily, but Donnelly’s exit is still a relief to establishment Republicans who feared his history of controversial positions and comments could hurt the GOP up and down the ballot in November.The Associated Press called the race around 12:30 a.m. Pacific time, though Donnelly, a state assemblyman, had already conceded the race to Kashkari and broken the news to his supporters. With 77 percent of precincts reporting, Brown had won 55 percent, Kashkari 19 percent and Donnelly 15 percent.Prominent Republicans with California roots, such as Mitt Romney, Rep. Darrell Issa, former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice and former Gov. Pete Wilson stepped up for Kashkari, a former Treasury Department official, in recent weeks, with Romney even recording a robocall that went out the day before the primary.

[/break1]politico.com/story/2014/06/2014-california-election-results-neel-kashkari-tim-donnelly-107408.html]http://www.politico.com/story/2014/06/2 ... 07408.html
Avatar by Tal Peleg Art of Makeup https://www.facebook.com/TalPelegMakeUp

Return to “Governors & State Elections”