League of the South Honors Lincoln's Assassin.

Slim Cognito

Postby Slim Cognito » Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:36 am

When I first read this, I thought it was going to be an Onion piece, but apparently not. I saw it at Kos this morning and followed the link.

The League of the South looks to the present and future. However, from time to time we do look back at our past.

This 14th of April will mark the 150th anniversary of John Wilkes Booth’s execution of the tyrant Abraham Lincoln. The League will, in some form or fashion, celebrate this event. We remember Booth’s diary entry: “Our country owed all her troubles to him, and God simply made me the instrument of his punishment.” A century and a half after the fact, The League of the South thanks Mr. Booth for his service to the South and to humanity.

Stay tuned . . .

Michael Hill

Several times I'd seen Gray Ghost at OAS refer to Lincoln as a tyrant and every time it dropped my jaw. Apparently he's the guy who incorporated the US.

I've got two links, This first one goes to Patheos, by Warren Throckmorton. It is dated 2/12/15.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/warrenthrockmorton/2015/02/12/the-league-of-the-south-honors-john-wilkes-booth/

And this one if you want to give the League of the South the hit.

http://leagueofthesouth.com/honoring-john-wilkes-booth569/

TollandRCR

Postby TollandRCR » Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:17 am

Lew Rockwell has a cesspool of articles under "King Lincoln Archive."

I would suggest visiting this site with caution.

mimi

Postby mimi » Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:19 am

Right Wing Watch also posted about this yesterday.

Peroutka is a “true Confederate” activist and a former leader of the League of the South , although he quit the neo-Confederate group last year during his successful campaign to win a seat as a Republican on Anne Arundel County, Maryland, county council.

It might be a good time to harken back to the League of the South’s 2012 convention, when Peroutka asked participants to stand for the “national anthem”… and then started singing “Dixie”:

more here:

League Of The South Celebrates Assassination Of Abraham Lincoln

Submitted by Brian Tashman on Thursday, 2/12/2015 2:05 pm

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/league-south-celebrates-assassination-abraham-lincoln#sthash.vRJzFhpK.dpuf

And they link to a post they did about Peroutka's relationship with Roy Moore:

But Peroutka is more than a friend and ideological ally to Moore: he has funded Moore’s activism for more than a decade, and in 2012 bankrolled Moore’s successful campaign for the top seat on the Alabama Supreme Court.

After Moore was removed from his original position on Alabama’s high court in 2003 for defying a federal court order to remove a monument of the Ten Commandments from the state judicial building, Peroutka paid for the ousted judge to go on a national speaking tour to build support for his cause. He also funded a group that held rallies in support of Moore.

Over the nine years, Peroutka contributed over a quarter of a million dollars to two groups founded by Moore, the Foundation for Moral Law (which is now run by Moore’s wife Kayla) and the now-defunct Coalition to Restore America.

more of that here:

Roy Moore's Showdown With The Courts Over Gay Marriage Tied To The Work Of Neo-Confederate Leader

Submitted by Brian Tashman on Thursday, 2/12/2015 1:30 pm

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/roy-moores-showdown-courts-over-gay-marriage-tied-work-neo-confederate-leader

Flatpointhigh

Postby Flatpointhigh » Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:16 pm

I had the privelege of being given a tour of the rooms Edwin Booth lived in after he gave his Gramercy Townhouse to his fellow actors as a place for them to gather. The room is as it was when he died:

On the wall by his bed hangs the only evidence of his brother, John Wilkes to be found in the entire house. john disgraced the family, and very nearly cost Edwin his career.

It's a small picture in a frame.

"It is wrong to say God made rich and poor; He only made male and female, and He gave them the Earth as their inheritance."- Thomas Paine, Forward to Agrarian Justice

Return to “► ► Breaking News ◄ ◄”