Svitlana Sangary - the Democrats loony Russian-immigrant attorney

Kriselda Gray
Location: FEMA Camp 2112 - a collaborative facility run by the U.S. And Canada

Postby Kriselda Gray » Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:14 pm

I know she's not a birther, but I want sure where else tho put her.

it sounds like she may be interesting to watch, so I thought I'd start a thread for her. Could one of the Mods move the posts from Orly's Poupees threads here? Thanks

Volkonski

Postby Volkonski » Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:01 pm

http://www.abajournal.com/news/article/lawyers_photoshopped_celebrity_website_pictures_lead_to_recommended_suspens

During the ethics trial, Sangary refused to answer questions, citing a First Amendment right to remain silent (rather than a Fifth Amendment right).

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

ZekeB

Postby ZekeB » Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:05 pm

I'm more interested in things like: How much better of a lawyer is she than Taitz? I know, multiplication of zero or a negative number still gives you zero or a negative number, but you know what I mean. Where did she get her legal training? Real brick school? Accredited? Inquiring minds want to know.

Volkonski

Postby Volkonski » Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:28 pm

Maybenaut

Postby Maybenaut » Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:29 pm

According to the California Bar (which still shows no record of disciplinary proceedings), she went to Pepperdine. http://members.calbar.ca.gov/fal/Member/Detail/232282I haz a sad. Orly is evil. Svitlana is sick.

Volkonski

Postby Volkonski » Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:53 pm

The State Bar of California says the photos are fake, but Sangary says she has the originals to prove it.She says she posted the pictures because she is proud of what she has accomplished, coming from Ukraine with nothing and getting a law degree from Pepperdine with honors."That an immigrant from Ukraine, a woman from Ukraine, can now support and contribute to the same causes as these famous, prominent, successful, talented people, whom I had the honor and privilege to take my picture with," she said.She said some of them even gave her autographs, and she has stack of email receipts for the donations and events where she posed with the celebrities.

http://abc13.com/news/la-lawyer-speaks-out-about-photoshopped-photos/322164/Strange that she never bothered to present any of that evidence at her trial. ;)

anotherparadox

Postby anotherparadox » Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:14 am

Her possible suspension isn't just about the photos. The photographs may very well be real but on her website it appears that these celebrities are also her clients which is misleading.

But there's more. I think there are two more cases of actual complaints from past clients that really put the California Bar into action. One of the cases the client fired her and hired another attorney. She did not transfer the case files to the new attorney even though she knew she was supposed to. Eventually she did but not until it cost the former client more money in attorney fees and also caused additional problems with the legal matter.

If you don't read the entire complaint, you'll miss the other cases listed towards the end.

http://members.calbar.ca.gov/courtDocs/13-O-13838-2.pdf

The State Bar of California says the photos are fake, but Sangary says she has the originals to prove it.She says she posted the pictures because she is proud of what she has accomplished, coming from Ukraine with nothing and getting a law degree from Pepperdine with honors."That an immigrant from Ukraine, a woman from Ukraine, can now support and contribute to the same causes as these famous, prominent, successful, talented people, whom I had the honor and privilege to take my picture with," she said.She said some of them even gave her autographs, and she has stack of email receipts for the donations and events where she posed with the celebrities.

http://abc13.com/news/la-lawyer-speaks-out-about-photoshopped-photos/322164/Strange that she never bothered to present any of that evidence at her trial. ;)

ObjectiveDoubter

Postby ObjectiveDoubter » Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:52 pm

dph has it right.

I posted this over on Orly's Poopies, but will repeat here. After the interview with Ms. Nutty-as-Orly, the web designer for KFI came on and attested to the originality of most of the photos. He said that having examined the digital images from a disc she left, he felt certain that they were not Photoshopped. At least the ones she had given him, with lots of the same photos on her website. He said that there were no artifacts of changes that would ordinarily be there. And he talked about lighting and other commonalities in the photos. He thought that those were indications that at least most of the photos were legit. That does not get this fruit loop off the hook, by any means. The decision discussed what she had done as deceptive, without regard to the source of the photos (i.e., whether they were real or not); the media needed to do better reporting.

In fact, there were two complaints against her that didn't deal with the photos, but her incompetence as an attorney and the damages associated with that incompetence.

One of the cases she got sued by the attorney, as far as I can see. And, in an OrLenaesqueTM style, she appealed, of course ... And lost. Here it is, although I cannot understand it all.

http://www.leagle.com/decision/In%20CACO%2020120828026

Keepnitreal

Postby Keepnitreal » Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:25 pm

dph has it right.

I posted this over on Orly's Poopies, but will repeat here. After the interview with Ms. Nutty-as-Orly, the web designer for KFI came on and attested to the originality of most of the photos. He said that having examined the digital images from a disc she left, he felt certain that they were not Photoshopped. At least the ones she had given him, with lots of the same photos on her website. He said that there were no artifacts of changes that would ordinarily be there. And he talked about lighting and other commonalities in the photos. He thought that those were indications that at least most of the photos were legit. That does not get this fruit loop off the hook, by any means. The decision discussed what she had done as deceptive, without regard to the source of the photos (i.e., whether they were real or not); the media needed to do better reporting.

In fact, there were two complaints against her that didn't deal with the photos, but her incompetence as an attorney and the damages associated with that incompetence.

One of the cases she got sued by the attorney, as far as I can see. And, in an OrLenaesqueTM style, she appealed, of course ... And lost. Here it is, although I cannot understand it all.

http://www.leagle.com/decision/In%20CACO%2020120828026

The "attorney" sued was a sister of one of Sangary's clients who assisted her brother in a complaint to the State Bar. Sangary went after the sister because she "interfered in her atty/client relationship". However, what the public is not aware of, Sangary has over 70 civil cases where she is suing clients. Her billing is excessive, she bills thousands for "legal research", which are simple legal questions and then threatens to sue the client when they question her billing. The CA State Bar has received many complaints about her billing practices but labels then "Fee Disputes". They recommend arbitration, but Sangary refuses. This attorney keeps referencing her Immigrant status and living the "American Dream". She is using the legal system to bully honest people outta theres. And, her webmaster,

"Pascal" is her husband, a photographer, who I'm wouldn't be shocked assisted her in the photo's being altered. And, if you heard the KFI AM radio ditty, she gave them original photos' for examination. But, many weren't what was on her website. There is no denying that the picture with Nick Cannon, Kim K and Paris Hilton wasn't altered.

Suranis

Postby Suranis » Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:16 pm

I had a look at some of the photographs and if they are fake she did a lot of very nice work with lighting and stuff to fit them into the photo. Meaning she would have a very good career as a photo editor if she wanted to stop the fake lawyering. I'm not 100% sold on them being real but there is nothing obvious on them that would point to them being fake. My concerns are more with the position of the participants and that I thought I recognized the poses from somewhere else. I'd give them a 90% chance of not being faked to be honest.

But yeah there is no reason why they could not have been real and taken at a fundraiser or whatever.

Suranis

Postby Suranis » Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:20 pm

Heres some of the photos

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/dam/assets/140919210556-01-svitlana-sangary-story-top.jpg

anotherparadox

Postby anotherparadox » Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:03 pm

Whether or not the photographs are real or not isn't that important. What is important is the way she uses them on her website as if these people are her clients. And they are still on her website today.

She's a lot like Orly. If Orly had real clients, I think she'd be a lot like Svitlana. Over charging her clients and then suing them when they don't pay. That and not returning phone calls and depositing retainer checks directly into her personal account.

It's interesting that the California Bar doesn't seem to be coming down that hard on her. If the California Bar ever disciplines Orly, nothing much will ever come of it.

vic

Postby vic » Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:34 pm

Here's the web page of her publicity photos http://californiacivillawyer.com/publicity.htm

Most look like the sort of pictures you might get by going to a fund-raiser. One stands out, however, as shown on the MailOnline

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/09/23/1411477415013_wps_6_image001_png.jpg

It does look like a photoshop of this photo, posted at http://celeb.wohoo.co.uk/2006/10/page/6/ on October, 2006

http://celeb.wohoo.co.uk/wp-contentsrc="http://thefogbow.com/forum/uploads/2006/10/Nick-Kim-Paris-Nicole.jpg

ETA: On further review, I retract "It does look like a Photoshop" and would say it is without a doubt a Photoshop (or some other image manipulation) complete with the straight brown hair in the lower photo on the collar and neck somehow appearing on the blond Svitlana's identical clothing at the same place.

mimi

Postby mimi » Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:10 pm

:lol: like svitlana said, a picture speaks a thousand words. Let the pictures speak for themselves.

Flatpointhigh

Postby Flatpointhigh » Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:20 pm

will we soon see a "Libertarian Orly"?

"It is wrong to say God made rich and poor; He only made male and female, and He gave them the Earth as their inheritance."- Thomas Paine, Forward to Agrarian Justice

vic

Postby vic » Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:37 pm

Other than Rand Paul?

ObjectiveDoubter

Postby ObjectiveDoubter » Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:52 pm

:lol: like svitlana said, a picture speaks a thousand words. Let the pictures speak for themselves.

I think it's the work of her husband. If you go to one of his many sites, he has similar pictures of himself with celebrities. (Maybe some of them are the same as on her site, just different Photoshopped wannabe.) Many. It's his business, apparently.

Kriselda Gray
Location: FEMA Camp 2112 - a collaborative facility run by the U.S. And Canada

Postby Kriselda Gray » Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:01 pm

That's hilarious how they left the long brown hair on that jacket coller. what? They couldn't be arsed to clone the leather texture over it?

Flatpointhigh

Postby Flatpointhigh » Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:04 am

Other than Rand Paul?

I don't think of Randy as an "Orly wannabe" I think of him as the kid who was ignored by Daddy.

"It is wrong to say God made rich and poor; He only made male and female, and He gave them the Earth as their inheritance."- Thomas Paine, Forward to Agrarian Justice

Return to “Lesser Lights”