Falsehoods unchallenged only fester and grow. To join, email foggy at thefogbow dot com.

Guest Announcements

To join the forum, email me: foggy at thefogbow dot com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: I Want Newt to Win
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:02 pm 

I want Newton Leroy Gingrich to win the GOP 2012 nomination.

I want to watch all the Republicans, who voted to nail him on ethics violations find ways to eat their earlier decision and sing Gingrich's praises, like good Republican troopers hypocrites.

I want to see the fear in they have of what a vengeance a victorious Gingrich would try to extract from those still in Congress.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:07 pm 

Location: FEMA Camp 17 -- Malibu (Hey! You! Get off the lawn!)
I want Gingrich to do well in Florida and cause a brokered convention. After that I don't much care. If Newt wins the nomination (which I think is highly doubtful), the Party will not be very enthusiastic in supporting him. If Mittens wins, then I believe it will split the Party. Either way, if Newt does well in Florida it's a good thing for President Obama.

Realist lives to serve. Foggy does it for the children. I'm in it for the schadenfreude.

:sterngard:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:24 pm 

Mad Gene Vane wrote:

I want to watch all the Republicans, who voted to nail him on ethics violations find ways to eat their earlier decision and sing Gingrich's praises, like good Republican troopers hypocrites.

I want to see the fear in they have of what a vengeance a victorious Gingrich would try to extract from those still in Congress.

+1

There's never been a brokered convention in my lifetime, IIRC. It's hard to envision the outlines of it. It could get ugly, huh?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:12 pm 

Mad Gene Vane wrote:

a delicious thought. :-bd

Speaking of the Newt, I know that Wingnut Hero and Karate Kid, Chuck Norris, endorsed him. We all know that Newt has had some issues in his personal life. Patriotism does that to a man. Chuckles is the forgiving sort. After all, nobody is perfect. And we're not electing a pastor or pope.

Quote:
No man or candidate is perfect. We all have skeletons in our closet. If buried bones became unforgivable bones of contention, the world would never know or will never know another Benjamin Franklin, King David and others like them. We must remember that we’re electing a president, not a pastor or pope. And with the mainstream media and a billion-dollar Obama campaign coffer on the president’s side, we need a veteran of political war who has already fought Goliath, because he will be facing Goliath’s bigger brother.

http://www.wnd.com/2012/01/my-endorseme ... president/

Just warmed my heart.

Cuz it was just a few years ago when Chuck Norris had the following to say about John Edwards:

Quote:
I believe leadership should be above reproach. I believe those who govern should lead also in civility and decency and that their character should be congruent with their call to office. Like parents to children, a nation's politicians' integrity and character should supersede its citizens. But as long as we the people tolerate leadership immorality and elect corrupt politicians, we cannot expect the heart and character of our nation to improve.

It fascinates me that American naturalization law incorporates "good moral character" as a prerequisite for citizenship but no such legal standard is expected of those who govern our citizens. In a post-Clinton era, government trysts seem to be the rule more than the exception. Immorality is not only tolerated but also expected among public servants now. Have we at last severed or totally compartmentalized their personal and political lives so that never the twine should meet?

Enduring public humiliation is not the only price a political leader should pay for improprieties; I think they should be disciplined and suspended, if not disposed from public service. The consequence of corruption also should be increased restrictions, if not a banning from certain areas of future public service. If one cannot properly handle his private affairs, can we truly expect him to handle political ones? If politicians can't rightly steward the duties and offices granted to them, then they should be removed and kept from the public trust. As Christians, we should be abundant in forgiveness; but as Americans too, we should be diligent in protecting political trusts from those who do or might abuse them.

http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=28008

=))

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:21 pm 

I, too, would love to see The Newtster win the R nod. Ah, but a pipe dream, I'm afraid.

I'm pretty sure Obama can win over The Mittster, but Gingrich would guarantee it.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:35 pm 

Me, too.

I want to see all the clips of his arrogant little self back when he was a freshman and bought down Speaker Tower with some of the same charges that later earned him his censure played and mocked over and over by Stewart.

I want him to be mercilessly mocked by Colbert,

It want it repeated everywhere that his attempt to shut down the government was because Clinton wasn't showing him proper defference.

I want information about how he and Frank Luntz are almost single-handedly, IMHO, responsible for the climate of hate we are steeped in today, all over ads and the blogs and newspapers. I want Fox forced to air some of his dirty laundry, too.

I want to see him grovel.

I really hate that little (in every sense of the word) StayPuft dude. His arrogance has cost the country dearly already. I want him to LOSE. BIG.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:38 pm 

"...so that never the twine should meet?"

I thought that only I had this problem. Tying up those broken-down boxes for recycling used to be a real hassle, as one end of the twine refused to meet with the other end of the twine. Using force to push everything into a much bigger box ended up being the solution. Maybe the Repugs will consider that.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:45 pm 

Do they still have brokered conventions? I thought the whole point of the evolution of primaries was to do away with brokered conventions. I know Republicans did away with much of the winner take all allocation of delegates in 2012, but I figured they'd have kept a system in place so someone could reach whatever magic number of delegates is needed to secure the nomination.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:01 pm 
The last time there was even close to a brokered convention was 1976 Republican convention when Gerald Ford and St Ronnie of the Ranch were neck and neck on delegates, but Ford won on the first ballot.

I think we're going to see the end of conventions altogether. The Dems have already shortened this year's convention by one day from 4 days to 3 days to make time for a boogity-boogity family-type rally at the Charlotte Motor Speedway on Labor Day. They're also talking about making room at some of the convention events for people who aren't delegates to come and share the celebration of nominating Pres. Hopey again.

Also, too I would like to see Newtie last until after super-tuesday.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:46 am 

kate520 wrote:
<<snipped>>
I want to see all the clips of his arrogant little self back when he was a freshman and bought down Speaker Tower with some of the same charges that later earned him his censure played and mocked over and over by Stewart.
<<snipped>>

Did you mean Speaker Jim Wright (D-TX) and not Sen John Tower (R-TX)?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:26 am 

As a point of reference, if anyone ever tries to point to his elections as a congressman as proof that he is 'electable', I lived in his district for a few years in the early 90's and it in no way is anything other than rightwing GOP evangelical in voter demographics. He has never had to win an election with any appreciable number of independents or moderates, he will lose if he needs to win the votes of anything other than the far right, evangelical voter.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:43 am 
I still don't think he's really running. He's selling books. Sure, he'll ride it as far as it takes him. He and Callista have a $500K charge to pay at Tiffany's. He's a pretend candidate like Cain and Bachmann and Perry, he's just nervier.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:00 am 

kimba wrote:
The last time there was even close to a brokered convention was 1976 Republican convention when Gerald Ford and St Ronnie of the Ranch were neck and neck on delegates, but Ford won on the first ballot.
<<snipped>>

Delegate selection was vastly different in 1976 than in the last few election years. Neither Ford nor Reagan had enough delegates to win the nomination prior to the start of the convention (although Ford had a few more than Reagan). I remember that a full page ad appeared in the Kansas City Star that implored the uncommitted delegates to vote for the candidate who could win in November (along with a big picture of Reagan IIRC).

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:38 pm 

kimba wrote:
I still don't think he's really running. He's selling books. Sure, he'll ride it as far as it takes him. He and Callista have a $500K charge to pay at Tiffany's. He's a pretend candidate like Cain and Bachmann and Perry, he's just nervier.

Fact not in evidence. AFAIK, they have a $500K credit line.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:47 pm 

I want to see Newt get the nomination.

Then I want to see him crushed like the nasty little slug he is. I want to see him crawl on his belly, a broken man, and disappear forevermore. I can dream, can't I?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:51 pm 

I'm also wondering, because my recollector isnt working too good this morning, whether Tiffaney-Calista was the office staffer who was giving Newtie a BJ IN THE FRONT SEAT OF HIS CAR OUTSIDE THE OFFICE as a colleague walked by and received a wink from Newtie? Or was it someone else entirely?

Or am I just making that one up?

Cross posted in GOP candidates

Edit: On edit, I misremembered it just a bit:

Quote:
From Doug Thompson at http://www.thorninpaw.com/mt/archives/001675.html:

Kip Carter, his former campaign treasurer, remembers a football game in Gingrich's district. She was walking Gingrich's two daughters back from the gameand cut across the parking lot when she spied the Congressman's car.

"As I got to the car, I saw Newt in the passenger seat and one of the guys' wives with her head in his lap going up and down," Carter says. "Newt kind of turned and gave me this little-boy smile. Fortunately, Jackie Sue and Kathy were a lot younger and shorter then."

I worked for Gingrich in 1992, raising money for GOPAC, his political action committee. During fundraisers at homes in the Washington area, he would whisper something in the ear of a sweet young thing and they would disappear for 30-45 minutes.

"Newt's getting a blow job," a female GOPAC staffer told me. "He likes blow jobs."

But, wait, there's more...

http://www.washingtonmonthly.com/archiv ... hp#1904492

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:53 pm 

DaveMuckey wrote:
kimba wrote:

Fact not in evidence. AFAIK, they have a $500K credit line.

I think that in fact it "ballooned late last year to between $500,000 and $1 million," but was later paid down to a zero balance.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43500870/ns ... x26HoF_Ppg

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:27 pm 

Since all those women came out of the woodwork to speak of their sexual encounters with Herman Cain, there must be dozens and dozens who would come forth to complain about Newt. I am surprised we haven't heard from them already. Gloria is checking her e-mail frequently waiting to her from them.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:58 pm 

My God, could you imagine the lack of self esteem one must have to publicly admit she blew Newt?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:09 pm 

Adrianinflorida wrote:
My God, could you imagine the lack of self esteem one must have to publicly admit she blew Newt?

Publicly admitting that they were abused is how victims regain their self-esteem. I'm not sure what attacking the victim accomplishes...

"I am of a sect by myself, as far as I know." -- Thomas Jefferson (no, really, Thomas Jefferson)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:16 pm 

The rightwing members of my messageboard are in a tizzy and divided. All but two are having a heart attack about the Newt surge. Those of us on the left are just sitting back and watching the hysterics and it has been quite entertaining.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:30 pm 

Tink wrote:
The rightwing members of my messageboard are in a tizzy and divided. All but two are having a heart attack about the Newt surge. Those of us on the left are just sitting back and watching the hysterics and it has been quite entertaining.

A few years back, it would have been hard to imagine the GOP with such deep divisions and factions and with candidates skewering each other in very damaging attacks. Their unity was their biggest advantage after their money advantage. Even the money advantage is weakened since so much of it is turned against other GOP candidates. It is a very pleasant change in dynamics.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:52 pm 

esseff44 wrote:
A few years back, it would have been hard to imagine the GOP with such deep divisions and factions and with candidates skewering each other in very damaging attacks. Their unity was their biggest advantage after their money advantage. Even the money advantage is weakened since so much of it is turned against other GOP candidates. It is a very pleasant change in dynamics.

You do remember the Dems of the 70s when the ultra liberals essentially hijacked the party, yes? It took about 20 years to undo all that. Just look at today's Republicans. They're undergoing the same thing, only from their nutjob wing. I doubt I'll be around in 20 years and care when it ends.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:57 pm 

I remember it very well and I agree. That's why this is such a pleasant surprise to see the big cracks in the foundations of the GOP.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:00 pm 

My Fogbow friends, even if Newt comes out the nominee, he will eventually get most of the party behind him united in their hatred for Obama. The righties don't care about hypocrisy at this point, they don't care about the luggage ol' Newty is carrying behind him, they hate Obama, it ain't called the whitehouse for nothing folks, they'll vote for him. Watch the tea parties BS about supporting him, they will, they don't care.

We can make an exception for Paul's core 15% support whom mostly will stay at home this year, but don't count on the rest.