Falsehoods unchallenged only fester and grow. To join, email foggy at thefogbow dot com.

Guest Announcements

To join the forum, email me: foggy at thefogbow dot com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:12 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:18 pm 

Location: FEMA Camp 17 -- Malibu (Hey! You! Get off the lawn!)
The Mitt Romney running against Teddy Kennedy would have been a good President. The current cultist is a mess who would appoint 9 Clarence Thomases to SCOTUS if given the chance.

Realist lives to serve. Foggy does it for the children. I'm in it for the schadenfreude.

:sterngard:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:33 pm 

Quote:
Take, just as one example, Mitt Romney’s positions on abortion. In 2008, John McCain prepared a comprehensive opposition research book on Mitt Romney, a copy of which multiple people associated with the McCain camp sent to me. The book was prepared by the guy who is now Mitt Romney’s head of research. Look at just the pages on abortion.

And when McCain version 2008 thinks you'd say anything to get elected, he knows what he's talking about.

I liked McCain version 2000. =(( That's what got me into the eligibility thing in the first place.

ImageImageImageImage

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:55 pm 

A LOT of people liked McCain version 2000.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:08 pm 

In 2008 McCain pandered to the nutjobs. Of course there was that Palin thing too. Sometimes you just cannot overcome your mistakes.

Suranis wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:13 pm 

Location: FEMA Camp 17 -- Malibu (Hey! You! Get off the lawn!)
ZekeB wrote:
In 2008 McCain pandered to the nutjobs. Of course there was that Palin thing too. Sometimes you just cannot overcome your mistakes.

Suranis wrote:

Even before selecting Palin McCain became a malignant version of his former optimistic self. He became grumpy (yes), nasty, pessimistic. Everything in his biography that set him out as a hero he neutralized. He was a case study for blowing an image. While his campaign was a tough one after 8 years of a catastrophe from his own party, had McCain run smart, signed on Mitt as his VP candidate, and not run off in a panic after September 15, he might have had a chance. As it was, a celebrated war hero allowed an unknown with a funny name, exotic background, and an excess of melanin to soundly whip his ass. Well deservedly.

Realist lives to serve. Foggy does it for the children. I'm in it for the schadenfreude.

:sterngard:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:29 am 

Quote:
The Obama campaign is pushing back against criticism from Mitt Romney that the White House’s plan to withdraw from Iraq on the schedule negotiated by President Bush is an “astonishing failure.”

“The President kept his pledge to the nation to end the war in Iraq in a responsible way, he has promoted our security in Afghanistan and eliminated key Al Qaeda leaders while strengthening American leadership around the world,” Obama campaign spokesman Ben LaBolt said in a statement. “Mitt Romney didn’t lay out a plan to end the war in Iraq in his foreign policy agenda - he barely even mentioned Iraq - but he is apparently willing to leave American troops there without identifying a new mission. Mitt Romney’s foreign policy experience is limited to his work as a finance executive shipping American jobs overseas.”

Earlier, Romney said in a statement that “President Obama’s astonishing failure to secure an orderly transition in Iraq has unnecessarily put at risk the victories that were won through the blood and sacrifice of thousands of American men and women.” He further questioned “whether this decision is the result of a naked political calculation or simply sheer ineptitude in negotiations with the Iraqi government.”

As their statement indicated, the Obama campaign is increasingly flexing its muscle on foreign policy, pointing to the White House’s success in its part in deposing Muammar Qaddafi, killing Osama Bin Laden, and now ending the war in Iraq.

http://2012.talkingpointsmemo.com/2011/ ... hp?ref=fpb

• My friends, it is solidarity of labor we want. We do not want to find fault with each other, but to solidify our forces and say to each other: “We must be together; our masters are joined together and we must do the same thing.”
  • Pray for the dead, and fight like hell for the living.
—Mother Jones

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:38 am 

Plutodog wrote:
Quote:
As their statement indicated, the Obama campaign is increasingly flexing its muscle on foreign policy, pointing to the White House’s success in its part in deposing Muammar Qaddafi, killing Osama Bin Laden, and now ending the war in Iraq.

My main concern with this focus on foreign policy is that the repigs may well cook up an October surprise by conspiring with our enemies, in order to arrange a successful attack of some sort. It's not like these scum haven't done that before.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:21 pm 

Suranis wrote:

And even that McCain was largely a PR construction. Look, he IS a maverick, but not necessarily in a good way. How many planes did he destroy hotshotting around... because he could, because he considered himself military royalty and could do whatever the hell he pleased? He almost flunked out of Annapolis. He left his first wife alone a lot, what with the being in the military and being held captive and whatnot. Then she almost died and he divorced her, but after he already had Cindy hooked.

He's not an honorable man, necessarily. He has good PR.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:34 pm 

Occupation: Cat petter, RN with license voluntarily inactive, just like Michelle Obama's law license.
Plutodog wrote:
Quote:
He further questioned “whether this decision is the result of a naked political calculation...

Yeah, bringing home tens of thousands of people who will need jobs, in a recession with the highest unemployment rate since the great depression, where your getting re-elected depends on economic recovery is just a "political calculation" for re-election. :roll:

BTW, President Obama's Gallup poll numbers are the best they've been in a long time: 44% approve, 47% disapprove.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:39 pm 

The Gallup unemployment numbers are dropping too. If I want to annoy a troll I point that out as it tends to make them panic. Its at 8.2% today for instance.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/125639/Gallu ... force.aspx

The followup line "I'm sorry that you're upset that more Americans are working." tends to make them ignore me. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:53 pm 

kate520 wrote:
Suranis wrote:

And even that McCain was largely a PR construction. Look, he IS a maverick, but not necessarily in a good way. How many planes did he destroy hotshotting around... because he could, because he considered himself military royalty and could do whatever the hell he pleased? He almost flunked out of Annapolis. He left his first wife alone a lot, what with the being in the military and being held captive and whatnot. Then she almost died and he divorced her, but after he already had Cindy hooked.

He's not an honorable man, necessarily. He has good PR.

One of my mom's lifetime friends is the widow of one of John McCain's instructors at Annapolis, who was also a good friend of McCain's father. The stories she related made him sound like an entitled brat who would have been expelled from Annapolis (and/or cashiered from his Navy career), except that he always got a pass because of his father. At the same time McCain was using his father's network of friends to protect him, he also made a point to act up in ways that almost seemed calculated to embarrass his dad -- or at least, demonstrate an "I don't have to do what you say" attitude.

She said that her husband hadn't disliked him personally, but considered him to be a fuck-up kid and "not the sharpest tool in the drawer," whose only good career moves were being born the son of a respected admiral, and being shot down and turned into a war hero by the Vietnamese.

"Still a man hears what he wants to hear And disregards the rest." Paul Simon, The Boxer
ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:54 pm 

Suranis wrote:
The Gallup unemployment numbers are dropping too. If I want to annoy a troll I point that out as it tends to make them panic. Its at 8.2% today for instance.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/125639/Gallu ... force.aspx

The followup line "I'm sorry that you're upset that more Americans are working." tends to make them ignore me. :mrgreen:

Don't count on Gallup to be supplying unemployment statistics that you would take to a debate. That is not their expertise and not their job. Look to the U.S. Dept. of Labor, where the September 2011 rate remained at 9.1%.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:53 pm 

These are internet trolls, they aren't interested in debate. They couldn't find the dept of labour with a map and a flashlight in daylight. As evidenced by the fact that none of them brought it up. :mrgreen: All trolls have is their list of talking points and they run from anything that threatens them.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 4:53 pm 

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:37 am 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:22 am 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:31 am 

nycpeter wrote:
RedState busted Mittens again. Someone dumped some oppo... Willard supported the healthcare mandate and has been, in Erick's words, lying about it...

Quote:
In other words, skipping the diplomatic phrasing of some, Mitt Romney lies each time he says he never supported a national individual mandateopens his mouth.

FIFH.