Oathkeepers

Volkonski

Re: Oathkeepers

Post by Volkonski » Fri Oct 16, 2015 4:24 pm

RTH10260 wrote:
RoadScholar wrote:I'm getting pretty sick of all the big talk about how easy it is to rush or even to refuse the commands of a guy holding a deadly weapon on you. :madguy:

Easy to say. Not so easy to do.
Still dreaming the Wild West High Noon, standing out in the gravel street and facing your opponent....
And of course that only ever works if you and your opponent are playing by the same rules. ;)

Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:49 pm

RTH10260 wrote:
RoadScholar wrote:I'm getting pretty sick of all the big talk about how easy it is to rush or even to refuse the commands of a guy holding a deadly weapon on you. :madguy:

Easy to say. Not so easy to do.
Still dreaming the Wild West High Noon, standing out in the gravel street and facing your opponent....
And being very very dead shortly thereafter.

The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

mmmirele

Post by mmmirele » Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:46 pm

JJ MacNab gives us the latest update on Stewart RhodesL
The Montana Supreme Court’s Office of Disciplinary Counsel (ODC) recommended Thursday that Elmer “Stewart” Rhodes, Montana lawyer and founder of the Oath Keepers, be disbarred for violating his attorney oath, according to a recent filing.
More of the usual at the link:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jjmacnab/20 ... disbarred/

Whatever4

Post by Whatever4 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:56 pm

So not keeping ALL his oaths.

"[Moderate] doesn't mean you don't have views. It just means your views aren't predictable ideologically one way or the other, and you're trying to follow the facts where they lead and reach your own conclusions."
-- Sen. King (R-ME)

mimi

Post by mimi » Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:42 pm

He was hanging with Bundy.

realist

Post by realist » Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:49 pm

mimi wrote:He was hanging with Bundy.
Indeed.

But his disbarment involves much more than that.

ImageX 4 ImageX36

jonbeck

Post by jonbeck » Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:21 pm

1) On April 28, 2014, a federal judge in Arizona filed an ethics grievance against Rhodes for appearing in court “without license or an application to appear pro hac vice.” The latter is a requirement for lawyers who want to practice in a federal court located in a state where the attorney isn’t licensed. Rhodes did not respond to the Judge’s grievance.

2) On May 12, 2014, Rhodes’ Arizona client Michael Roth lodged a complaint against his lawyer, stating that Rhodes had provided incompetent representation and had abandoned him in his civil suit in federal court. Rhodes did not respond to his former client’s complaint.

According to federal court records, Rhodes had a second Arizona client, Jennifer “Jade” Jones, who also found herself without a lawyer in the middle of a civil case in federal court. While it does not appear that she filed a complaint with the ODC, she complained to the federal court. ”I am the plaintiff the above titled action,” she wrote the judge. “I have been unable to reach my attorney, Elmer Stewart Rhodes, for several weeks.”
He subscribes to the Taft School of Law Practice Guide.

RoadScholar

Post by RoadScholar » Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:31 pm

On the other hand, Orly Taitz makes Elmer Rhodes look like Clarence Darrow. :)

The bitterest truth is healthier than the sweetest lie.
X3

DejaMoo

Post by DejaMoo » Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:10 pm

Oath Keepers Roll Out Plan to Infiltrate Local Institutions
At an August “Appalachian Summit” Oath Keepers founder, Stewart Rhodes, outlined the far-right group’s intention to have members infiltrate local institutions, including volunteer fire departments and churches.

The three-day summit, held outside of Gilbert, West Virginia, gathered together around one hundred Oath Keepers, Threepers, Tea Partiers and militia members to network and train local activists on “taking back” the country—by force, if necessary. Many of the participants dressed in fatigues and carried assault weapons. Leaders arrived at the summit in an Oath Keepers helicopter.

Rhodes warned the crowd that the term “militia” has been “turned into the M-word. It’s dirty-word, now, like the N-word.” As a result, new techniques were required to “revitalize it.”

He then sketched out how Oath Keepers and others should infiltrate local institutions as a way to build trust with neighbors, and as a way of recruiting—what Rhodes called “shopping for talent.” In addition to targeting volunteer fire departments and churches, Rhodes recommended infiltrating neighborhood watch groups, search and rescue and other first responder groups, and VFW groups.

Northland10

Post by Northland10 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:12 pm

DejaMoo wrote:Oath Keepers Roll Out Plan to Infiltrate Local Institutions
At an August “Appalachian Summit” Oath Keepers founder, Stewart Rhodes, outlined the far-right group’s intention to have members infiltrate local institutions, including volunteer fire departments and churches.

The three-day summit, held outside of Gilbert, West Virginia, gathered together around one hundred Oath Keepers, Threepers, Tea Partiers and militia members to network and train local activists on “taking back” the country—by force, if necessary. Many of the participants dressed in fatigues and carried assault weapons. Leaders arrived at the summit in an Oath Keepers helicopter.

Rhodes warned the crowd that the term “militia” has been “turned into the M-word. It’s dirty-word, now, like the N-word.” As a result, new techniques were required to “revitalize it.”

He then sketched out how Oath Keepers and others should infiltrate local institutions as a way to build trust with neighbors, and as a way of recruiting—what Rhodes called “shopping for talent.” In addition to targeting volunteer fire departments and churches, Rhodes recommended infiltrating neighborhood watch groups, search and rescue and other first responder groups, and VFW groups.
Infiltrate churches? Apparently, he believes he needs to covertly get Christians to support him and his obsessions? I would be hard pressed to find a better example of how the devil would work, according to the Bible and Christian belief. His supporters would probably not like the church I work for. We have "no guns" signs on all the entrances. We have these weird concepts of swords into plowshares and and similar commie ideas.

North-land: of the family 10
UCC 1-106 Plural is Singular, Singular is Plural.

Flatpointhigh
Occupation: Voice Actor, Podcaster, I hold a Ph.D in Procrastination.

Post by Flatpointhigh » Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:17 am

Well, they'd never consider infiltrating a synagogue, and will they check to make sure that the physicians are of the proper creed?

"It is wrong to say God made rich and poor; He only made male and female, and He gave them the Earth as their inheritance."- Thomas Paine, Forward to Agrarian Justice
Cancer broke me

mimi

Post by mimi » Sun Dec 20, 2015 4:24 pm

Stewart Rhodes:
NOTE FROM STEWART RHODES:

So, the Swedes are now fully reaping what they have sowed, with all their politically correct, self-loathing, multi-culturalist suicide by Islamist immigration, coupled with their institutionalized self-emasculation. Sad thing is, unless and until the Swedes, as a people, rediscover their own Viking heritage and spirit, the ISIS/Daesh (they hate being called that, so let’s call them that) terrorists are right. Wimpy Swedes, who are conditioned to just give the poor misunderstood and oppressed terrorists hugs and agape love, are truly incompetent and incapable of even saving their own lives if/when attacked in their own homes. In just a few generations of girly-man inducing social conditioning, they have gone from a land of Swedish Vikings to a land of Swedish metrosexual weenies:
there's more:

https://www.oathkeepers.org/9073-2/

This is just vile.

GreatGrey

Post by GreatGrey » Sun Dec 20, 2015 7:05 pm

Howzcome the only sites I see reporting that are Alex Jones & Glen Beck?
(OK there's more, but all RWNJ sites)

I am not "someone upthread".
Trump needs to be smashed into some kind of inedible orange pâté.

L00Kit

Post by L00Kit » Sun Dec 20, 2015 7:09 pm

mimi wrote:

So, the Swedes are now fully reaping what they have sowed, with all their politically correct, self-loathing, multi-culturalist suicide by Islamist immigration, coupled with their institutionalized self-emasculation. Sad thing is, unless and until the Swedes, as a people, rediscover their own Viking heritage and spirit, the ISIS/Daesh (they hate being called that, so let’s call them that) terrorists are right. Wimpy Swedes, who are conditioned to just give the poor misunderstood and oppressed terrorists hugs and agape love, are truly incompetent and incapable of even saving their own lives if/when attacked in their own homes. In just a few generations of girly-man inducing social conditioning, they have gone from a land of Swedish Vikings to a land of Swedish metrosexual weenies:
there's more:

This is just vile.
I have a problem with the eternal creed that the most degrading insult to a man is an accusation of beholding any quality that's "like a girl." I have a problem with the lie that all females are weak, helpless and useless burdens due to suffering the misfortune of, and in some places still the unforgivable sin of, being born female.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sun Dec 20, 2015 7:39 pm

If you think women are weak, run a flower shop for 6.5 years. Pay particular attention during V-Day.

... and how does that make you feel?
What is it you are trying to say?
:think:

mmmirele

Post by mmmirele » Sun Dec 20, 2015 9:31 pm

I have a friend on Internet Relay Chat who lives in Stockholm and he was complaining about how right wingers had blown this whole beheading thing completely out of proportion. I'm asking him for a link, but if memory serves, he says it was a very few flyers stuffed in a few mailboxes in a Stockholm suburb. I'll update this when I get more information, but if my politically astute Swedish friend thinks its horseshit, I think it probably is.

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Mon Dec 21, 2015 2:53 pm

GreatGrey wrote:Howzcome the only sites I see reporting that are Alex Jones & Glen Beck?
Likely cause Breitbart London office made a skewered report.

mmmirele

Post by mmmirele » Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:01 pm

My Swedish friend can't find an article in Swedish about this, but he did point me to a similar incident that happened earlier this year (February). He believes it's either a copycat or the same person is involved because the locations are reasonably close to another.

Here's the Swedish article (Google translate link): https://translate.google.com/translate? ... t=&act=url

kubu island

Post by kubu island » Mon Dec 21, 2015 8:59 pm

L00Kit wrote:
mimi wrote:

there's more:

This is just vile.
I have a problem with the eternal creed that the most degrading insult to a man is an accusation of beholding any quality that's "like a girl." I have a problem with the lie that all females are weak, helpless and useless burdens due to suffering the misfortune of, and in some places still the unforgivable sin of, being born female.

:clap: X 1000000000000000

"Aside from dry humping a lady's thigh at a cocktail party, I can do everything you do, and some things better"

DejaMoo

Post by DejaMoo » Mon Dec 21, 2015 9:02 pm

"Aside from dry humping a lady's thigh at a cocktail party, I can do everything you do, and some"
"I'm more of a man than you'll ever be, and more of a woman than you'll ever get."

Piskey

Post by Piskey » Mon Dec 21, 2015 9:55 pm

GreatGrey wrote:Howzcome the only sites I see reporting that are Alex Jones & Glen Beck?
It was picked up by the Daily Mail online on 15 Dec and from there was enthusiastically shared to Facebook via the likes of Britain First

. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art ... untry.html
Police in Sweden are investigating chilling letters posted through letterboxes across the country threatening to behead people unless they convert to Islam.
The notes, which are signed ISIS and carry the terrorist organisation's flag, threaten to decapitate 'non-believers' unless they become a Muslim or pay a religious tax.
They have been distributed among several cities including Stockholm and warn 'the police will not save you from being murdered'. :snippity:

:snippity:
The notes promised attacks within three days and were posted last Thursday (December 10), in areas including Ronneby, Sigtuna and Västerås with officers on patrol in the latter over the weekend to ensure no one acted on them.
Emil Andersson, police chief in Sigtuna, around 30 miles north of Stockholm, told Radio Uppland the threat was being taken seriously and officers were increasing security measures.
He added the Swedish intelligence agency was also involved in the investigation and examining the symbols and language used in the letters.

everalm

Post by everalm » Tue Dec 22, 2015 5:10 am

The Daily Mail's entire business model is based on Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt with lots of JAQ'ing (Just asking the Question) off with liberal sprinklings of OMG..WTF......

RoadScholar

Post by RoadScholar » Tue Dec 22, 2015 7:06 am

DejaMoo wrote:
"Aside from dry humping a lady's thigh at a cocktail party, I can do everything you do, and some"
"I'm more of a man than you'll ever be, and more of a woman than you'll ever get."
I've always liked "Whatever women do they must do twice as well as men to be thought half as good. Luckily, this is not difficult." --Charlotte Elizabeth Whitton

The bitterest truth is healthier than the sweetest lie.
X3

Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede » Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:00 am

RoadScholar wrote:
DejaMoo wrote:
I've always liked "Whatever women do they must do twice as well as men to be thought half as good. Luckily, this is not difficult." --Charlotte Elizabeth Whitton
Not to disagree, but that rings less true for me when the previous thread I read was about the spat between Lisa Liberi, Orly Taitz and Linda Starr Belcher. On the other hand, I guess Orly Taitz is at least twice the liar that most men are.

mmmirele

Post by mmmirele » Thu Dec 31, 2015 10:44 pm

Elmer S. Rhodes has been disbarred from the practice of law in Montana. Hat tip to Charles Johnson over at Little Green Footballs for noticing.

http://littlegreenfootballs.com/article ... in_Montana
294380213-PR-14-0698-Final-Disposition-Discipline-Attorney-Order.pdf
ETA: One of my law school classmates was named Elmer. He went by the nickname "Buddy" and initials E.E. So I understand why Rhodes went by Stewart.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Miscellaneous”