Birther Potpourri

Notorial Dissent

Re: Birther Potpourri

Post by Notorial Dissent » Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:05 am

Foggy wrote:That last paragraph mixes "% of Americans" with "% of Republicans" which is misleading unless you pay very close attention.
Uh, wasn't that the intention??? I mean after all, if you're not Republican then you are NOT American after all, at least according to some of them. :sick:

The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

Kriselda Gray
Location: FEMA Camp 2112 - a joint project of the U.S. and Canada

Post by Kriselda Gray » Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:30 am

No, I don't think that was the intent. Nothing else in the article even comes close to questioning the "American-ness" of non-Republicians.

Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand... - "Witch Hunt" by Rush

SCMP = SovCits/Militias/Patriots.

Thor promised to slay the Ice Giants
God promised to quell all evil
-----
I'm not seeing any Ice Giants...

Kriselda Gray
Location: FEMA Camp 2112 - a joint project of the U.S. and Canada

Post by Kriselda Gray » Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:30 am

No, I don't think that was the intent. Nothing else in the article even comes close to questioning the "American-ness" of non-Republicians. It's just a poorly constructed paragraph.

Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand... - "Witch Hunt" by Rush

SCMP = SovCits/Militias/Patriots.

Thor promised to slay the Ice Giants
God promised to quell all evil
-----
I'm not seeing any Ice Giants...

esseff44

Post by esseff44 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:57 am

The GOP base was roughly divided into three parts:
1) the RW fundies, creationists, dominionists, strict KJV adherents
2) anti-government, tax protesters, blue collar folks who lost earning power, losers the new economy

3)the federalists and the wealthiest group whose members look down on the rest but know they need them to get their people elected to office .................

The third group could not come up with a candidate that had enough appeal to either of the first two groups. So, they found themselves with too many wannabe nominee that could appeal to only one but not both of the first two groups where the numbers are. Birthers tended to fall in the second group with considerable overlap with the first.

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:17 pm

Group no. 3 still controls the Party apparatus and will control the convention. It will be Kasich!/Martinez. And if we're really really lucky, Drumpf/Cruz will run, too.

esseff44

Post by esseff44 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:26 pm

Sterngard Friegen wrote:Group no. 3 still controls the Party apparatus and will control the convention. It will be Kasich!/Martinez. And if we're really really lucky, Drumpf/Cruz will run, too.
A good chance of that being the case. If we are really lucky, both Trump and Cruz will strike out with their own ticket and take their supporters with them. That will leave the GOP ticket very rich but unappealing to their base or what's left of it.

We can dream.

SuzieC

Post by SuzieC » Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:01 pm

If you really think Kasich will be the nominee, take a look at these comments by right-leaning commenters on RealClearPolitics. They are reacting to Kasich's statement about Trump that "everyone just needs to get over it." Kasich is fond of telling people who disagree with him that they need to get over it.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/ ... m_out.html

esseff44

Post by esseff44 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:14 pm

Cain was a fluke. Guiliani less so. He is a better comparison to Trump. But he never had the wide appeal and media skills that Trump has. Trump was wildly underestimated in his staying power and that is where the panic comes in. The wealthy backers are in disarray. They have money to burn but they don't have someone who looks like a winner that they are willing to get behind. They will go with the safest one for their interests (not Trump or Cruz) and spend the bulk of their money down ballot.

Slartibartfast

Post by Slartibartfast » Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:38 pm

esseff44 wrote:Cain was a fluke. Guiliani less so. He is a better comparison to Trump. But he never had the wide appeal and media skills that Trump has. Trump was wildly underestimated in his staying power and that is where the panic comes in. The wealthy backers are in disarray. They have money to burn but they don't have someone who looks like a winner that they are willing to get behind. They will go with the safest one for their interests (not Trump or Cruz) and spend the bulk of their money down ballot.
Which will be extremely effective---especially as long as Debbie Wassermann-Schultz remains the party chair.

"Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat."
---Sun Tzu (quoting Thomas Jefferson)
nam-myoho-renge-kyo---Thomas Jefferson (quoting Slartibartfast)

PatGund

Post by PatGund » Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:52 pm

My respect for Rep. Alan Grayson has dropped. Ted Cruz is slime and utterly unsuited for ANY elected office, but he is a natural born US citizen.

Alan Grayson Is A Ted Cruz Birther
"Rep. Alan Grayson (D-FL) said Wednesday in a radio interview that he would file a lawsuit challenging Sen. Ted Cruz's (R-TX) presidential candidacy if he won the Republican nomination because Cruz was born in Canada.

Grayson made the comment while discussing Cruz's rise in recent polls during an interview with Fox News' Alan Colmes. Grayson said Cruz was "technically not an American," according to a transcript, to which Colmes noted that "like Obama" Cruz's mother was born in the United States.

"It’s interesting to me that the people who had a problem with Obama’s birth certificate don’t have a problem with Ted Cruz who literally was born in another country and renounced his Canadian citizenry," Colmes said, according to the transcript.

"I don’t know, the Constitution says natural born Americans, so now we’re counting Canadians as natural born Americans? How does that work?" Grayson responded. "I’m waiting for the moment that he gets the nomination and then I will file that beautiful lawsuit saying that he’s unqualified for the job because he’s in eligible [sic]."

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:11 pm

Pat -- Did Mrs. Cruz renounce her U.S. citizenship when she immigrated to Canada? This is the one situation (birth outside the U.S.) where that question is relevant.

I don't know the answer.

And I'm just asking questions. :mrgreen: :sterngard:

(There's also much more to dislike about Grayson. I haven't liked him since he sought to deprive his wife out of her share of the marital assets because bigamy.)

BillTheCat

Post by BillTheCat » Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:00 pm

Grayson is just trollolololing Cruz. Payback for Obama I'm guessing.

'But I don't want to go among mad people,' said Alice. 'Oh, you can't help that,' said the cat. 'We're all mad here.'
-Lewis Carroll

esseff44

Post by esseff44 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:03 pm

Sterngard Friegen wrote:Pat -- Did Mrs. Cruz renounce her U.S. citizenship when she immigrated to Canada? This is the one situation (birth outside the U.S.) where that question is relevant.

I don't know the answer.

And I'm just asking questions. :mrgreen: :sterngard:

(There's also much more to dislike about Grayson. I haven't liked him since he sought to deprive his wife out of her share of the marital assets because bigamy.)
And Cruz is not going to be helpful in providing that missing piece of the puzzle, I don't think.

Grayson also knows how unlikely it is that Cruz will be the nominee, so he pretty safe on that.

And, yes, that was an ugly divorce (annulment since she admitted to bigamy). How can you get a divorce if the marriage was not valid? Plus she keeps getting new and different lawyers. Not enough information. When did he find out she was not divorced from her previous husband? What happens to the five children in a case like this?

Still, it would be good to have another Senate seat turn blue. I wish we had better choices there. Murphy was a Republican until 2008 and has voted with the Republicans twice as often as with the Democrats. Grayson is no Blue Dog. Far from it.

At any rate, the latest poll I see was Oct. 8 and shows both Grayson and Murphy beating out either of the Republicans running in the primary.

I also saw that Maggie Hassan was one point up on Kelly Ayotte. That would also be a good pick up in the Blue column.

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:46 am

I personally think a Drumpf Cruz ticket would be comedy gold. They'd both implode from trying to hold their venom in for each other, since I suspect they both roundly loath each other. Having them elected would be the comic equivalent of going back to the bad old days of the Republic when you could and did have a President and Vice-President of opposing parties, as we did a number of times at the beginning. Now wouldn't that be fun!!!!! That being said, I don't think it likely unless the GOP gets incredibly desperate and just wants to toss the election, since I don't think either of them appeals to enough of the party to get elected. I think it is going to be circus time in the GOP primaries this year with ALL the clowns playing, to less and less enthusiastic audiences.

The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

SueDB

Post by SueDB » Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:00 am

Notorial Dissent wrote:I personally think a Drumpf Cruz ticket would be comedy gold. They'd both implode from trying to hold their venom in for each other, since I suspect they both roundly loath each other. Having them elected would be the comic equivalent of going back to the bad old days of the Republic when you could and did have a President and Vice-President of opposing parties, as we did a number of times at the beginning. Now wouldn't that be fun!!!!! That being said, I don't think it likely unless the GOP gets incredibly desperate and just wants to toss the election, since I don't think either of them appeals to enough of the party to get elected. I think it is going to be circus time in the GOP primaries this year with ALL the clowns playing, to less and less enthusiastic audiences.
You have two defective intellects stapled to 2 huge egos each thinking he is smarter than the other...
:-D
And the peanut gallery goes wild....

“If You're Not In The Obit, Eat Breakfast”

Remember, Orly NEVAH disappoints!

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:59 am

SueDB wrote:You have two defective intellects stapled to 2 huge egos each thinking he is smarter than the other...
:-D
And the peanut gallery goes wild....
Pretty much, that and they both really really hate each other. A match made in .... well you figure it out. I do think they deserve each other though. Both lying hypocrites.

PatGund

Post by PatGund » Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:32 pm

If it was a Trump / Cruz ticket and by some horrible mishap it won, I think Trump would have to watch his back. Ted Cruz is an entitled prick who daddy anointed to be the dominionist messiah and assume dominionship as king of the government mountain.

I seriously would expect that if they won, Trump would suddenly be "called home to heaven" so that Cruz could assume what he believes to be his rightful place.

bob

Post by bob » Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:38 pm

PatGund wrote:I seriously would expect that if they won, Trump would suddenly be "called home to heaven" so that Cruz could assume what he believes to be his rightful place.
I don't know; Cruz is no Francis Underwood.
Sekrit Stuffs!
I always thought Cruz was more of a Hector Mendoza, even though Curtis Haas is obviously modeled after Cruz.

Imagex4 Imagex2 Imagex2 Imagex2

realist

Post by realist » Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:37 pm

Boy genius, YouTube star and konstitushonal eggspurt Mark Gillar has opened Facebook page titled:

Eligibility Think Tank...

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

https://www.facebook.com/eligibilitythinktank/

Oh, and I forgot... scholar
Eligibility Think Tank
January 18 at 6:27pm ·

From what I can tell, this matter is far from settled. I know Ted Cruz wishes it were over, but it my take a SCOTUS ruling to end it. Hopefully, if they do rule, they'll honor the original intent of our found fathers.
I don't know where he found them, but...

:lol:

ImageX 4 (have met 36 Obots at meetups) Image X 4

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:54 pm

Doesn't he still believe in A&Z Day? :confused:

Northland10

Post by Northland10 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:59 pm

I hope some people take the time to poke Mr. Schooler on his new "think tank." He comes off as one of the more thinned skinned Birthers out there.

North-land: of the family 10
UCC 1-106 Plural is Singular, Singular is Plural.

bob

Post by bob » Wed Jan 20, 2016 6:49 pm

Kerchner was on Boyles' show last week. (Talking Cruz, not Obama.)

TL;DRL.

bob

Post by bob » Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:39 pm

Kerchner was on Boyles' show last week. (Talking Cruz, not Obama.)

TL;DRL.
So thrilling that Kerchner was again on Boyles' show, discussing Trump suing Cruz.

TL;DRL.

Slartibartfast

Post by Slartibartfast » Tue Feb 23, 2016 3:59 pm

Former resident of FEMA Camp 7 1/2 and all-around birther moran A.R. Nash aka "the abomination" posted this on his blog:

https://h2ooflife.wordpress.com/2016/02 ... d-analogy/

I had forgotten just how much he sucked at the whole analogy thing... :shock:

"Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat."
---Sun Tzu (quoting Thomas Jefferson)
nam-myoho-renge-kyo---Thomas Jefferson (quoting Slartibartfast)

PatGund

Post by PatGund » Tue Feb 23, 2016 4:35 pm

Slartibartfast wrote:Former resident of FEMA Camp 7 1/2 and all-around birther moran A.R. Nash aka "the abomination" posted this on his blog:

https://h2ooflife.wordpress.com/2016/02 ... d-analogy/

I had forgotten just how much he sucked at the whole analogy thing... :shock:
I see a batch of English words and symbols, but none of it makes any sense.

Return to “Miscellaneous”