Falsehoods unchallenged only fester and grow. To join, email foggy at thefogbow dot com.

Guest Announcements

To join the forum, email me: foggy at thefogbow dot com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:06 pm 

And proving she's in the Palin class when it comes to birfering, Merooni provides us with the worst mental image of this St. Patty's day:

Quote:
Patriots Heart ‏ @patriotsheart

Will NEVER forget 30yrs ago St Pat's Day Parade in #Chicago - I went into full labor, breaking bag and all while walking the parade. #phnm
8:31 AM - 17 Mar 12 via TweetDeck

https://twitter.com/#!/patriotsheart/st ... 7153795072

Bag...

Birtherism is so ridiculous that I no longer feel obligated to treat proponents w/slightest degree of respect or civility

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:07 pm 

kimba wrote:
Default? Hmmpf. That blue was the official color of The Beloved Herd, not just some default peoples. Beloved.

Egad, you're completely correct. It was the sudafed talking, I swear! It makes me typo. ;;)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:09 pm 

Offtopic :
listeme wrote:
Foggy wrote:
Well, it was fun for a day, but everybody should be back to their correct color. If not, lemme know.
Psst. Default color used to be blue.
That was before you joined the Grumpy People.

Every so often, including this morning when I was fixin' colors, I check to make sure everybody matches the color of their group. 'Cause if you make grumpy your default group you is purple, but if you makes gadflies your default group you is orange. Heck, you may be able to choose your own default group.

But my policy has always been that since the Grumpy People are near and dear to my heart and I'm the group leader, everybody who joins the Grumps gets purple for their color, even if they join Gadflies and Ladies in Pink and every other group.

If you can't pick your own default group and you want to go back to blue, lemme know.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:09 pm 
GreatGrey wrote:

Bag...

Dammit GG, that one should have come with a coffee spew warning. =)) =)) =)) Bag. What a crude, sorry thing is the Moroni.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:11 pm 
Foggy wrote:
Offtopic :
listeme wrote:
Foggy wrote:
Well, it was fun for a day, but everybody should be back to their correct color. If not, lemme know.
Psst. Default color used to be blue.

If you can't pick your own default group and you want to go back to blue, lemme know.

But but but the Beloved Herd peoples are black now. Not that there's anything wrong with it, but it's not Beloved Blue.
Edit: Nevermind. :oops:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:12 pm 

Quote:
That was before you joined the Grumpy People.

Every so often, including this morning when I was fixin' colors, I check to make sure everybody matches the color of their group. 'Cause if you make grumpy your default group you is purple, but if you makes gadflies your default group you is orange. Heck, you may be able to choose your own default group.

But my policy has always been that since the Grumpy People are near and dear to my heart and I'm the group leader, everybody who joins the Grumps gets purple for their color, even if they join Gadflies and Ladies in Pink and every other group.

No, no. Purple is my favorite. I was just griping that the beloved herd was not in their correct outfit.

All is well in my world now. \:D/

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:15 pm 

The Beloved Herd is hex #000080.

If you can see a difference between that and #000000 (black), more power to ya.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:15 pm 

I forgot to post this yesterday, when it was timely:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TES!!!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:20 pm 
Foggy wrote:

You can't see the difference between Blue and Black? Alrighty then. [-( I hopes ya can tell the difference between red and green. [-o<

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:08 pm 

kate520 wrote:
I forgot to post this yesterday, when it was timely:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TES!!!

Happy Birthday Tes. I hope you stop by to visit us from time to time.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:09 pm 

kimba wrote:
Foggy wrote:

You can't see the difference between Blue and Black? Alrighty then. [-( I hopes ya can tell the difference between red and green. [-o<

Green's on the top of the traffic light, right? :mrgreen:

In Foggy's defense, I have accidently once worn one navy blue shoe and one black shoe to a meeting. The shoes were so comfortable, I had a pair of navy and black and got dressed in a hotel room that didn't have the brightest lights (and it was before I had my first cup of coffee. I was the only women in the group and not a single man noticed the difference. :- :-

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:32 pm 

majorbabs wrote:
I was the only women in the group and not a single man noticed the difference. :- :-

Some men notice things and try their best to hide the fact that they noticed. Not that I'd do that. :-

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:52 pm 

It's blue. Not even close-to-black blue, just blue.

Foggy blew it.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:09 pm 

kate520 wrote:
It's blue. Not even close-to-black blue, just blue.

Foggy blew it.

What you missed is the fact the Foggy was simply testing us to see if we noticed the change. Yeah, that's the ticket. :- :- :-

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:19 pm 

ZekeB wrote:
majorbabs wrote:
I was the only women in the group and not a single man noticed the difference. :- :-

Some men notice things and try their best to hide the fact that they noticed. Not that I'd do that. :-

Funny thing about the group, 75% of the folks attending the meeting were Air Force. The rest were civilians. The meeting was held close to where ground crew missiles with nuclear weapons were being made. The first day of the conference, there was a postest planned so all the military folks were told to wear civilian clothes. Of the 30 or Air Force, every one of wore navy blue, the color closest to the Air Force blues. :lol:

After all those years of wearing a uniform, I have lost any ability I had (which wasn't much to begin with) to accessorized. I've always perferred dark colors so most of my clothes are navy blue, black or bluish black. Since everything goes together, more or less, I don't have any decisions to make as I get dress -- which is good because I dress before I have my coffee. I've always said that if I get my name right before I have my first cup of coffee, it's just a lucky guess. I regularly have to get my blood taken for tests and it's always done after fasting all night. Since I don't like my coffee black, I wait until my blood is drawn before I get a cup. I can't count the number of times the techs have struggled to get enough blood because my blood just doesn't want to flow right without a cup or two of coffee in me. That's just proves my point that my body NEEDS coffee to function. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:13 pm 

Ohhh... so that's my problem. My Air Force time was spent wearing fatigues. My "accessories" consisted of a SAC patch on one pocket, a Master Technician patch on the other pocket, and some stripes on the sleeves. As soon as J.C. Penney's started carrying perma press fatigues I bought two pairs. Those two pairs served me for over two years. The uniform was somewhat green. I say that so as to not go off-topic here :mrgreen: My unit was a little out of compliance with Part 35 in that we wore purple hats. We called the hat the sign of the Purple Shafttm.

As for coffee, I worked graveyard during most of my enlistment. My veins flowed coffee. I can't start the day without it.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:53 am 

ZekeB wrote:
The uniform was somewhat green.

http://topuspost.net/2012/03/15/nike-black-and-tan-shoe-drama-photos/

(That guy does not know the difference between WW I and WW II, by the way)

Offtopic :
This only hit our newspapers today. We've been too busy with the bus crash in Switzerland (thanking all Americans, even the birfers, on behalf of whom President Obama offered condolences - the first foreign head of state to do so, by the way) and the Westboro Baptist-like freaks who created disturbances at the funerals shouting "Punishment of God" and turned out to be German evangelicals.

I wonder whether these black and tans would ensemble well with my kilt. In case you're thinking I am mixing up Celts: MacAlpin(e) tartan