Armia Krajowa

GhostOfSolomon

Armia Krajowa

Post by GhostOfSolomon » Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:17 pm

The Polish Armia Krajowa (Home Army) was the underground resistance movement when Poland was occupied by the Soviet Union and Nazi Germany in WW2.
From the outset it was recognised that one of the major tasks of the Home Army was to organise an efficient intelligence gathering service both for its own needs and that of the allied war effort. Built partially on the pre war structure of Polish intelligence networks, expanded and developed during the occupation, the Home Army Intelligence Service become the chief source of information for the allies about the eastern front.

One must not accept any doctrine from reverence, but first try it as gold is tried by fire.

#IngloriousBastard
#Wolverine

June bug

Re: Armia Krajowa

Post by June bug » Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:48 am

Hi Ghost of Solomon,

My husband is Polish and we both like these images. Any particular reason you posted them now? Also, do you have a link for the piece you quoted from? Thanks! :lovestruck:

GhostOfSolomon

Post by GhostOfSolomon » Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:09 pm

Hello June Bug

Glad you enjoyed :thumbs:

I am part Polish and study Polish history. I posted these as I am concerned with current events and the white nationalist movements in Poland and worldwide.

Their movements propaganda is very strong right now and one of the best ways we can fight back is with sharing our true history.

The Polish youth should be educated and proud of things like the Armia Krajowa and not support dangerous ideologies that have destroyed their country in the past.

Here is a link to the article Polish Resistance

One must not accept any doctrine from reverence, but first try it as gold is tried by fire.

#IngloriousBastard
#Wolverine

June bug

Post by June bug » Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:36 pm

Dziękuję bardzo, Ghost. My husband was born in Poland. Like you, we have grave concerns about what's been happening there recently.

Many thanks for the link to the Polish resistance article. We agree that Polish youth need to understand and embrace their history of fighting for the rights of people being oppressed, not fighting to take away their rights.

It's a lesson that a lot of people in the US would benefit from as well.

GhostOfSolomon

Post by GhostOfSolomon » Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:41 pm

#IngloriousBastard
#Wolverine

Return to “Military History”