Post by qbawl » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:00 pm

Sugar Magnolia wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:45 pm
Skip Intro wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:11 pm
kaep.jpg
He thinks the ACLU is a college?

Maybe he's just dyslexic.
A college that only produces Knee surgeons.

RTH10260

Re: College choices

Post by RTH10260 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:18 pm

Skip Intro wrote:

kaep.jpg
ACL-University :?: :brickwallsmall: :brickwallsmall: :brickwallsmall:

tek

Post by tek » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:24 pm

Someone should tell him it is the "American Christian Law University" .. and watch his brain (if any) short out ;)

Fast talkin' guys with strange red eyes
Have put things in your head
And started your mind to wonderin'

Chilidog

Post by Chilidog » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:54 pm

Sugar Magnolia wrote:
Skip Intro wrote:
kaep.jpg

Dyslexics of the world, UNTIE

Jez

Post by Jez » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:15 am

Speaking of colleges...

Now that I'm getting settled here in Dayton, my mind it starting to turn towards finally finishing school. When I left DFW, I was 3 classes shy of my Associates: Math, Science, and the "Don't be an Asshole" Awareness* class. It all came down to time and money, because all three were campus classes. The Math class I may have been able to pull off online, but I just really need instruction with math. My brain has a hard time processing math past simple arithmetic. I guess I see it wrong, or something.

Anyway, I started looking at local 2 and 4 year colleges, which lead me to looking at some other online colleges. Some I know are pretty much a scam and stay clear of those. But has anyone heard anything about Arizona State's online division? It looks like it's actually ASU, just online. Tuition is about $13k a year. I know ASU generally has a good reputation as a school, but was wondering if anyone has heard anything about their online offerings. They definitely have a larger number of online degree programs, that is for certain.

*I call it that, but it is a class on how not to be a bully, troll, don't harass, belittle others... so don't be an asshole.

I have learned silence from the talkative, toleration from the intolerant, and kindness from the unkind; yet, strange, I am ungrateful to those teachers.

~Khalil Gibran

Dr. Blue

Post by Dr. Blue » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:20 pm

Jez wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:15 am
Speaking of colleges...

Now that I'm getting settled here in Dayton, my mind it starting to turn towards finally finishing school. When I left DFW, I was 3 classes shy of my Associates: Math, Science, and the "Don't be an Asshole" Awareness* class. It all came down to time and money, because all three were campus classes. The Math class I may have been able to pull off online, but I just really need instruction with math. My brain has a hard time processing math past simple arithmetic. I guess I see it wrong, or something.

Anyway, I started looking at local 2 and 4 year colleges, which lead me to looking at some other online colleges. Some I know are pretty much a scam and stay clear of those. But has anyone heard anything about Arizona State's online division? It looks like it's actually ASU, just online. Tuition is about $13k a year. I know ASU generally has a good reputation as a school, but was wondering if anyone has heard anything about their online offerings. They definitely have a larger number of online degree programs, that is for certain.

*I call it that, but it is a class on how not to be a bully, troll, don't harass, belittle others... so don't be an asshole.
ASU has some of the few respected full-online programs. Just make sure you don't confuse ASU in Phoenix with that other online school that has "Phoenix" in its name.... :-)

Western Governors University also has some respected online programs, if you want to look at another option...

Atticus Finch

Post by Atticus Finch » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:51 pm

Chilidog wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:54 pm
Sugar Magnolia wrote:
Skip Intro wrote:
kaep.jpg

Dyslexics of the world, UNTIE
Dog hates dyslexia!

Jez

Post by Jez » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:15 am

Dr. Blue wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:20 pm

ASU has some of the few respected full-online programs. Just make sure you don't confuse ASU in Phoenix with that other online school that has "Phoenix" in its name.... :-)

Western Governors University also has some respected online programs, if you want to look at another option...
Thanks Dr. Blue!

I looked at WGU. Tuition is pretty sane, comparatively thinking, but their programs are limited and do not include the writing/communications degree I need.

ASU is about the only school I've found that offers a BS in Technical Communications (i.e., Tech Writing) completely online. Definitely will pass on WGU to a couple of friends looking to go further though.

I have learned silence from the talkative, toleration from the intolerant, and kindness from the unkind; yet, strange, I am ungrateful to those teachers.

~Khalil Gibran

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:16 am

Avoid Taft University. (We know who is the most famous graduate from its Law Skool.)

Return to “American Culture & Current Events”