Foggy

Vaccines for All - Vaxers vs Antivaxers

Post by Foggy » Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:39 am

What do you feed extended breasts? :confuzzled:

Karma is a bitch." - Jomas Thefferson

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Post by Dr. Kenneth Noisewater » Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:57 am

I've been running into anti vaxxers trying to use the Amish as an example of people who don't vaccinate and are just fine. Never mind that they are cut off from the general population and usually just infect themselves with measles. I think there's an abandoned island off the ny coast that they sent typhoid Mary to that the antivaxxers can borrow.

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski » Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:24 am

I've been running into anti vaxxers trying to use the Amish as an example of people who don't vaccinate and are just fine. Never mind that they are cut off from the general population and usually just infect themselves with measles. I think there's an abandoned island off the ny coast that they sent typhoid Mary to that the antivaxxers can borrow.

[-X North Brother Island is now a bird sanctuary. The antivaxxers will have to go somewhere else.

Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

SueDB

Post by SueDB » Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:36 am

And the Missionaries who went to the Philippines contracted measles. The whole clan went to get vaccinated very very very soon after.

“If You're Not In The Obit, Eat Breakfast”

Remember, Orly NEVAH disappoints!

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:15 pm

What do you feed extended breasts? :confuzzled:

Ask /s/+/s/ :twisted:

Whatever4

Post by Whatever4 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:57 pm

Most Amish do vaccinate. http://autism-news-beat.com/archives/29

"[Moderate] doesn't mean you don't have views. It just means your views aren't predictable ideologically one way or the other, and you're trying to follow the facts where they lead and reach your own conclusions."
-- Sen. King (R-ME)

RoadScholar

Post by RoadScholar » Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:57 pm

Gack!

Parents trying to reverse kids’ autism by ‘flushing out’ vaccines with bogus ‘miracle’ bleach enemas

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2015/02/pare ... ch-enemas/ :shock:

Everybody knows the only way to reverse a vaccination is a good bleeding.

Note to anti-vaxxers: I'M KIDDING.

The bitterest truth is healthier than the sweetest lie.
X3

Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede » Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:14 pm

Gack!Parents trying to reverse kids’ autism by ‘flushing out’ vaccines with bogus ‘miracle’ bleach enemashttp://www.rawstory.com/rs/2015/02/parents-try ... ch-enemas/ :shock: Everybody knows the only way to reverse a vaccination is a good bleeding. Note to anti-vaxxers: I'M KIDDING.MMS is a vile scam perpertrated on troubled and gullible people.I can understand people being suspicious of the pharmaceutical industry and wary of complex things they don't understand. I can understand people rejecting modern medicines in favor of something they see as more "natural" . I don't agree with those attitudes, but I can understand the thought processes, and could imagine myself walking down those paths without being completely crazy.But I cannot understand the sort of gullible idiocy that leads a person to believe that flavored industrial bleach produced by a charlatan out of the Church of Scientology can somehow be a magic cure for everything.I s'pose it's a bit like birther idiocy in that they perceive some flaws or failings in the mainstream approach, so they throw it all out and buy into any nonsense.It's amazing how many "alternative" therapies work for a huge range of diseases, syndromes and symptoms. "Alternative" medical proponents often blather on about treating the whole person in an integrated way, but actually their approach is "whatever your problem, my therapy is the one to use" - whether it's crystals, water (sorry, homeopathy), spinal molestation, pins in the body, random herbs, industrial chemicals, negative/positive ions,...

SueDB

Post by SueDB » Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:15 pm

Coffee enemas add a new meaning to that cuppa java in the morning.

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski » Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:49 pm

Gack!Parents trying to reverse kids’ autism by ‘flushing out’ vaccines with bogus ‘miracle’ bleach enemashttp://www.rawstory.com/rs/2015/02/parents-try ... ch-enemas/ :shock:

Everybody knows the only way to reverse a vaccination is a good bleeding.

Note to anti-vaxxers: I'M KIDDING.

According to If You Only News, parents have turned to Miracle Mineral Solution (MMS), containing sodium chlorite which is mixed with citric acid (i.e. orange juice) to make [hlyellow]chlorine dioxide[/hlyellow]. According to the promoters, the solution, which can be taken orally or administered via an enema, can cure HIV, malaria, hepatitis, autism, acne, and cancer.

Those people are crazy! They are afraid of vaccines but they think ClO2 isn't harmful? :o :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :shock:

Actually a bleeding would be less harmful. :(

Chlorine dioxide?

MSDS for ClO2-

http://www.haloxtech.com/pdf/MSDS-Chlor ... 540ppm.pdf

That stuff is dangerous.

SECTION VI. HEALTH HAZARD DATA ROUTES OF ENTRY: Inhalation, ingestion, skin and eye contact. TARGET ORGANS: Eyes, skin, respiratory tract and mucous membranes. ACUTE HEALTH EFFECTS INGESTION: Not a normal route of exposure. Harmful if swallowed. Can cause irritation to mouth, esophagus, stomach, and mucous membranes. SKIN CONTACT: Corrosive. May cause redness and irritation. EYE CONTACT: Contact causes redness, irritation, pain, blurred vision, tearing, corneal injury and burns. INHALATION: Harmful if inhaled. Coughing, headaches, labored breathing, nausea, shortness of breath, pulmonary edema. CHRONIC HEALTH EFFECTS May have effects on lungs, resulting in chronic bronchitis and permanent lung damage (with chronic exposure). MEDICAL CONDITIONS AGGRAVATED BY EXPOSURE: May aggravate existing skin and respiratory conditions.

chancery

Post by chancery » Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:50 pm

I don't think that this wonderful post has been mentioned on Fogbow.

I’m an Anti-Braker

Guys, I wanted to let you know about a personal decision I recently made. I don’t really feel like discussing it, but I want to put my position out there. Please be respectful. This is a really long post, but please read the whole thing.

As David Watkins observed at Lawyers, Guns & Money (my source): "I know, I know, snark, derision, and contempt aren’t effective. But that doesn’t mean they can’t be damned amusing."

ducktape

Post by ducktape » Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:01 pm

For some reason, there seems in some people to be a credibility that comes from something being invented by someone who has no training or education in the field at all.

Do you remember when the big fad was "Air Borne, invented by a teacher," that was supposed to boost your immune system? It's still sold, and there are even house brands of it at CVS, but they can't make claims any more and their "clinical studies" turned out to be by entities that did not exist.

Before I was largely freed from this crap by ad blockers, I constantly saw ads for "[Some Product], invented by a mom, has [doctors, plastic surgeons, dentists, etc.] worried." They seemed to be from the same people who advertise "[Lose 30 pounds, beat cancer, whiten your teeth, look 40 years younger] with this weird old trick." (The "trick" seems to be to buy whatever they're selling.) Quite often, they have "shocking" video.

Any company that use these methods have, to me, labeled themselves as scams. But there is something about the gullible American public that is willing to believe that someone "out there" has invented the cure for something, but it's being suppressed by the "big companies." I guess half-round spark plugs would fall into that category.

vic

Post by vic » Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:03 pm

In high school we had to take a 1/2 semester course called Driver Education (it didn't teach you about driving; for that, there was an optional class called Driver Training). We had to give a talk about a part of the car, and I was assigned the brakes.

I started by saying that the brakes were the least important part of the car, since they worked contrary to the purpose of a car, which was to take you from point A to point B. I did admit, though, that the brakes could have some utility once you arrived at point B if you didn't want to proceed past it.

I don't think that this wonderful post has been mentioned on Fogbow.

I’m an Anti-Braker

Guys, I wanted to let you know about a personal decision I recently made. I don’t really feel like discussing it, but I want to put my position out there. Please be respectful. This is a really long post, but please read the whole thing.

As David Watkins observed at Lawyers, Guns & Money (my source): "I know, I know, snark, derision, and contempt aren’t effective. But that doesn’t mean they can’t be damned amusing."

vic

Post by vic » Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:07 pm

Do you remember when the big fad was "Air Borne, invented by a teacher," that was supposed to boost your immune system? It's still sold, and there are even house brands of it at CVS, but they can't make claims any more and their "clinical studies" turned out to be by entities that did not exist.

They'll trust a teacher when it comes to "boost[ing] your immune system" but not if the teacher talks about AP History, or, FSM-forbid, Evolution.

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski » Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:08 pm

Seven kids removed from Arkansas ‘prepper’ family’s home over use of bogus ‘miracle’ cure

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2015/01/kids ... acle-cure/

Miracle Mineral Solution is touted as a miracle cure for cancer, AIDS, malaria, and possibly Ebola, but the Food and Drug Administration said the substance can be turned into a potent bleach and cause serious health issues if ingested.

Users say they can tell the substance is working if they become nauseated – which the FDA argues will happen if it’s used as directed.

“The product, when used as directed, produces an industrial bleach that can cause serious harm to health,” the FDA warns. [hlyellow]“The product instructs consumers to mix the 28 percent sodium chlorite solution with an acid such as citrus juice[/hlyellow]. This mixture produces chlorine dioxide, a potent bleach used for stripping textiles and industrial water treatment. High oral doses of this bleach, such as those recommended in the labeling, can cause nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, and symptoms of severe dehydration.”

Health officials have warned that it could cause more serious health issues, including death, if the product is not sufficiently diluted.

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski » Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:24 pm

You can buy a 2 ounce bottle of 2.5% sodium chlorite solution for $25 on Amazon. That's $1600 a gallon!! For something that costs about $1 a gallon to make!!!

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski » Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:36 pm

SueDB

Post by SueDB » Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:37 pm

How much is a gallon of generic Chlorox® these days??

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski » Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:41 pm

You can buy a 2 ounce bottle of 2.5% sodium chlorite solution for $25 on Amazon. That's $1600 a gallon!! For something that costs about $1 a gallon to make!!!

Snip photo-------

OK, slight exaggeration on my part. If you use reagent grade sodium chlorite and buy it in retail quantities ( say 1 pound at a time) it would cost you $40 to make a gallon of 2.5% solution. Your profit would only be $1560 per gallon.

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski » Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:51 pm

About $4 but that's sodium hypochlorite (NaClO) not sodium chlorite (NaClO2).

However, if you were buying sodium chlorite in commercial quantities it would be quite cheap.

SueDB

Post by SueDB » Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:09 pm

About $4 but that's sodium hypochlorite (NaClO) not sodium chlorite (NaClO2).

However, if you were buying sodium chlorite in commercial quantities it would be quite cheap.

Close enough for these folks.

gupwalla

Post by gupwalla » Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:14 pm

Nothing like a case of renal failure to go along with your measles and pertussis.

In a wilderness of mirrors, what will the spider do beyond the circuit of the shuddering Bear in fractured atoms? -TS Eliot (somewhat modified)

All warfare is based on deception. - Sun Tzu

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski » Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:00 pm

This advertisement was published in 1966.

1966!!!!!!! :o :o :o :o

By 1962 I had received both the Salk and the Sabin vaccines.

http://oldadvertising.tumblr.com/page/66

1966? What were people waiting for??????

ducktape

Post by ducktape » Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:33 pm

I suspect that maybe this was mostly directed at parents with kids entering school(?).

I went to first grade in 1955, and was in the first class that got the Salk polio shots. Then I skipped a grade and thereafter in grade school and junior high, there was always at least one kid in my class with braces.

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski » Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:34 pm

From 1955 before polio vaccines-

Return to “Science & Technology”