Report Problems/Questions Here

We listen to your suggestions, honest we do! Well, sometimes.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Reality Check wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 12:14 pm I was logged out a few times while the board was up and down. The last two days have been fine.
I too also have not been logged out in a couple days. It's nice.

On the broken pages/blank pages on a certain topic... I have no idea what you people are talking about. But then again, I have my topic display settings to display replies in descending order. I have no clue what "page 36" means because my replies per page are probably set to a higher number than default. Page 36 is no reference.

But at least the speed/performance is good for more than 24 Scaramuccis. ;)

The search indexing have been an ongoing thing forever. phpbb does not do a good job.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

neonzx wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 12:52 pm On the broken pages/blank pages on a certain topic... I have no idea what you people are talking about. But then again, I have my topic display settings to display replies in descending order. I have no clue what "page 36" means because my replies per page are probably set to a higher number than default. Page 36 is no reference.
You don't see something like this?
2023-08-12 12.13.59.jpeg
2023-08-12 12.13.59.jpeg (49.33 KiB) Viewed 1090 times
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

pipistrelle wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 1:15 pm
neonzx wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 12:52 pm On the broken pages/blank pages on a certain topic... I have no idea what you people are talking about. But then again, I have my topic display settings to display replies in descending order. I have no clue what "page 36" means because my replies per page are probably set to a higher number than default. Page 36 is no reference.
2023-08-12 12.13.59.jpeg
I do, but MY PAGE 1 is the current replies... not page 36 or 40.
Screenshot 2023-08-12 at 13-27-06 Report Problems_Questions Here.png
Screenshot 2023-08-12 at 13-27-06 Report Problems_Questions Here.png (8.32 KiB) Viewed 1080 times
For me, much easier to keep up. I read top-down not down-up. New replies at top-- not on page 36. In fact, I never pay attention to the pages unless I need to way-back machine and find something.
Reality Check
Verified: ✅ Curmudgeon

Post by Reality Check »

neonzx wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 1:31 pm
2023-08-12 12.13.59.jpeg

For me, much easier to keep up. I read top-down not down-up. New replies at top-- not on page 36. In fact, I never pay attention to the pages unless I need to way-back machine and find something.
[/quote]I changed my post order to descending like you have and it is page 236 in the Hijack this Thread topic that will not display. In other words the page with the oldest posts is hosed and displays a blank page no matter the sort order.
Reality Check

Post by Reality Check »

neonzx wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 1:31 pm I do, but MY PAGE 1 is the current replies... not page 36 or 40.

I changed my post order to descending like you have and it is page 236 in the Hijack this Thread topic that will not display. In other words the page with the oldest posts is hosed and displays a blank page no matter the sort order.
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

The constant forced logout thing has been happening to me -- it's been particularly bad this morning, taking me 9 attempts to get to this point to leave this reply -- but mostly just since I've been in my current country of assignment, so I assumed it was a bad interaction between crap internet and my VPN. But maybe not, it seems?
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

Ben-Prime wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 6:41 pm The constant forced logout thing has been happening to me -- it's been particularly bad this morning, taking me 9 attempts to get to this point to leave this reply -- but mostly just since I've been in my current country of assignment, so I assumed it was a bad interaction between crap internet and my VPN. But maybe not, it seems?
Well, one idea... if you arent letting it save cookies of any kind, then you are not going to remember logon credentials. Try letting it keep 'functional' cookies (IFF policy allows of course). I think thats the category credentials are under. Disclaimer: i could be wrong.

ETA: I assume you aware of the "remember me" checkbox on the logon page?
Has everybody heard about the bird?
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

keith wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 8:24 pm
Ben-Prime wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 6:41 pm The constant forced logout thing has been happening to me -- it's been particularly bad this morning, taking me 9 attempts to get to this point to leave this reply -- but mostly just since I've been in my current country of assignment, so I assumed it was a bad interaction between crap internet and my VPN. But maybe not, it seems?
Well, one idea... if you arent letting it save cookies of any kind, then you are not going to remember logon credentials. Try letting it keep 'functional' cookies (IFF policy allows of course). I think thats the category credentials are under. Disclaimer: i could be wrong.

ETA: I assume you aware of the "remember me" checkbox on the logon page?
Yes, and I do check it. I do use Disconnect, but it was set to allow TFB, so cookie-blocking shoudln't be a concern. But this hasn't happened until recently, so maybe Disconnect auto-upgraded and wiped that setting....

...no, I just checked, Disconnect is still set to not-block TFB. I'll check at Chrome level a little later, I suppose. Thanks for the idea.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Reality Check

Post by Reality Check »

Foggy, could you share what the fix or fixes were? :pray:
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

It’s working great for me know.

Thanks for your dedication to keeping the board up and working, Fogmeister. I know this one had to have taken to a of your time. Over and above, you certainly have done.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

:notworthy:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

neonzx wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 1:31 pm
pipistrelle wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 1:15 pm
2023-08-12 12.13.59.jpeg

I have notifications for the forums I'm in interested in so clicks go straight to the newest post.

Going to check to see if those two pages are still hosed.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Ben-Prime wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 2:03 am
bill_g wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 1:23 am
Ben-Prime wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 10:35 pm

Ah-ha. I got impatient and the last three or four responses before I wrote mine didn't seem to be specific to one issue without context, so I got lazy and dropped anchor there. My bad. :blackeye:
That thread works all the way to page 35. 36 is paper white. Any attempt to reply or post gets the same paper white page. So, that thread is hosed for the moment.

Sounds like the index rebuild is good advice.
Somehow, this is bad for Joe Biden. I'm just trying to figure out how.
Joe appears to have fixed it, like he's trying to do with the disaster of the last administration.
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

Are the squirrels on vacation? The board is timing out again.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Having that problem now also.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
tek

Post by tek »

ran nicely for a while, but was timing out on my tablet last night while I was checking in on Indictmas, and is timing out on my desktop this morning
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Goddammit, it's doing it again. :oldman:
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Foggy wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 7:33 am Goddammit, it's doing it again. :oldman:
Just FYI: It was working beautifully for me for the last few days and all of yesterday up until I saw that the Indictments had come down and decided to check here to see what info we had. I had checked here just about an hour or two previous to that and it was fine, but once the indictments came out, it was back to slow. I thought maybe a bunch of us were all trying to get in at the same time and that was causing the problem, but it's remained all night and is still happening now.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Kriselda Gray wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 8:32 am
Foggy wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 7:33 am Goddammit, it's doing it again. :oldman:
Just FYI: It was working beautifully for me for the last few days and all of yesterday up until I saw that the Indictments had come down and decided to check here to see what info we had. I had checked here just about an hour or two previous to that and it was fine, but once the indictments came out, it was back to slow. I thought maybe a bunch of us were all trying to get in at the same time and that was causing the problem, but it's remained all night and is still happening now.
If every member here jumped on at the same time it shouldn’t cause problems.

Working now.
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Clearly Foggy's new bionic implants are conflicting with his covid vaccine. Time for a booster to improve his wifi.

And the rest of us need to peddle faster.
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

pipistrelle wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 9:12 am If every member here jumped on at the same time it shouldn’t cause problems.

Working now.
OK - still not working for me yet. :(
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

Yep, all the problems have returned now... including the php warning at the top of the viewtopic page.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/alfredoramos/seometadata/event/listener.php on line 114: Undefined array key 28371
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/alfredoramos/seometadata/event/listener.php on line 114: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4149: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3027)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4149: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3027)
The first error is the real error on this -- the rest are just cascading. "Undefined array key" That just a memory problem.
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

I've been online with tech support for an hour, and the best they can suggest is the upgrade to AlmaLinux that I've mentioned before. This will give us a fresh start on the server (no, we won't lose any posts, I'll have backups for sure, this isn't that 1+1 company that screwed us back in '21).

But it will take some time to arrange. Meanwhile, they have no useful suggestions and the only problems they're seeing is that my software is somewhat outdated. So we're going to change that.

Please be patient, I hate this as much as you. My best workaround so far is the Dolphin browser on Android tablet, it works when nothing else does.
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

neonzx wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 1:15 pm [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/alfredoramos/seometadata/event/listener.php on line 114: Undefined array key 28371
Hay nao, that gave me something I can fix. I disabled the SEO Metadata and the Share On extensions, those were the things at the bottom of every post that let you post to Twitter or Faceplant. Only Orlylicious is going to be upset at losing them, but if that helps with the forum speed, they're permanently gone. :thumbsup:
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

Umm ... I think I'm seeing some improvement. neonzx for the win. I think. We'll see. :|

Return to “Questions and Suggestions”