Hijack this thread

pipistrelle

Re: Hijack this thread

Post by pipistrelle » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:26 am

How long before Bundy cult members starting complaining about government overreach in this confiscation of the couple’s tortured children?

Whatever4

Post by Whatever4 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:34 pm

Foggy wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:15 am
Take care, GG! We need someone upthread! :bighug:
:rotflmao: :bighug:

"[Moderate] doesn't mean you don't have views. It just means your views aren't predictable ideologically one way or the other, and you're trying to follow the facts where they lead and reach your own conclusions."
-- Sen. King (R-ME)

NMgirl

Post by NMgirl » Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:39 pm

pipistrelle wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:26 am
How long before Bundy cult members starting complaining about government overreach in this confiscation of the couple’s tortured children?
In fact, when Odalis Sharp was arrested for child abuse, I don't remember a single Bundy cult member standing up for her. They were silent, they didn't condemn, but they didn't support her in any way that I'm aware of.

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:00 pm

NMgirl wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:39 pm
pipistrelle wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:26 am
In fact, when Odalis Sharp was arrested for child abuse, I don't remember a single Bundy cult member standing up for her. They were silent, they didn't condemn, but they didn't support her in any way that I'm aware of.
True, but I guess I was thinking of SRB going to help that couple who had the baby they weren't taking care of. Although maybe she was just looking for another one to adopt, come to think of it.

I think the cult was too busy with Ammon in prison when that happened.

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 2 dogs, 1 cat, and 1 horse

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:16 am

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/good-new ... smsnnews11
Woman, Now a Firefighter Herself, Reunites With FDNY Lieutenant Who Saved Her When She Was 6
Her bedroom was very, very hot, and 6-year-old Anissa Cruz couldn’t breathe.

“I remember feeling suffocated. I was overwhelmed and terrified.”
And then there was a tall man in heavy fire gear, lifting her up and carrying her out of the Bronx apartment where she lived with her mother and father.

Some 16 years after New York City firefighter Stephen McNally saved Cruz and her mother, the now 21-year-old reunited with the retired lieutenant in an emotional meeting at Engine 75 Ladder 33 on Walton Avenue.

Cruz’s dad perished in the inferno, which ignited when he fell asleep while cooking. She and her mother suffered smoke inhalation and burns, but were otherwise OK.

"The people must know before they can act, and there is no educator to compare with the press." - Ida B. Wells-Barnett, journalist, newspaper editor, suffragist, feminist and founder with others of NAACP.

NMgirl

Post by NMgirl » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:01 am

W.T.F. W.T.F. W.T.A.F.
DT4H6B5VAAACHV1.jpg
DT4LqHBU8AAptCT.jpg
Note that this Oafkeeper makes sure that we all know he's "not jewish."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:04 am

And you see just enough of him to know he's too chubby to run more than 25 yards without struggling. Very "tactical."

Sugar Magnolia

Post by Sugar Magnolia » Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:47 pm

Msg from a friend's wife, who is a new attorney. For those of you who have been there, done that, (and those who haven't!) it takes like 2 seconds. Please?
Feel like doing me a small favor? Head over to SSRN and download my article on sexual assault in the entertainment industry! (I promise you don't have to read it! ;]) It would mean a lot to me. In academia, no one pays attention to your scholarship until they can see that others are interested. It would mean a lot! (Feel free to share with others!)

Thank you!

Weinstein. Cosby. Dr. Luke. Ke$ha. Swift. Andrews. Gaga.

https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm ... id=3106284

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 2 dogs, 1 cat, and 1 horse

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:54 pm

Done! Started reading. Will report.

"The people must know before they can act, and there is no educator to compare with the press." - Ida B. Wells-Barnett, journalist, newspaper editor, suffragist, feminist and founder with others of NAACP.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:29 pm

Done.

... and how does that make you feel?
What is it you are trying to say?
:think:

Estiveo

Post by Estiveo » Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:09 pm

Done.

Image Image Image Image Image

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:24 pm

Did.

Tried to read it but did not see my name. Stopped.

MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic » Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:28 pm

Sterngard Friegen wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:24 pm
Did.

Tried to read it but did not see my name. Stopped.
I see you’ve adopted the Donald Trump method of speed reading.

MAGA - Morons Are Governing America

HilltownGrrl

Post by HilltownGrrl » Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:35 pm

Done. I popped it in Bluefire Reader & will take a gander at later, probably tomorrow.

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:55 pm

The last of the Qumran rolls
Mysterious Dead Sea Scroll deciphered in Israel
22 January 2018

The fragments of Dead Sea Scroll took a year to piece together
One of the last remaining obscure parts of the Dead Sea Scrolls has been deciphered by researchers in Israel.

Sixty tiny fragments were pieced together over a period of a year, identifying the name of a festival marking the changes between seasons.

It also revealed a second scribe corrected mistakes made by the author.

The 900 scrolls, written by an ancient Jewish sect, have been a source of fascination since they were first discovered in a cave in Qumran in 1947.

The collection is considered the oldest copy of the Bible ever found, dating to at least the 4th Century BC.

It is not known who wrote the scrolls, although some scholars have credited an ascetic desert sect called the Essenes.

The sections of the scrolls were pieced together by Dr Eshbal Ratson and Prof Jonathan Ben-Dov of Haifa University. They were written in code and some of the fragments were smaller than 1 sq cm (0.155 sq inches).

They detailed special occasions celebrated by the ancient Jewish sect, which observed a unique 364-day calendar.

These included festivals of New Wheat, New Wine and New Oil, which were related to the Jewish festival of Shavuot.

The researchers also discovered the name used by the sect for a festival observed four times a year that marked the transition between the seasons - Tekufah. The same word in modern-day Hebrew means "period".

They said they were assisted in deciphering the code by annotations discovered in the margins by a scribe correcting omissions made by the author.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-42773878

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:34 pm

Been all over the local Seattle media all day since 7AM opening, now starting to get picked up nationally like here:

https://slate.com/business/2018/01/will ... -jobs.html

Not letting me copy the text. I'm not really buying the it will cost jobs line. Not in that area of Seattle and the customer base (millennials) it will most likely attract. Will it fly in the blurbs? If AmazonGo stores make it there, I'll check it out for curiosity's sake, but a quick couple of items and maybe some fresh made food to pop in and out without a huge line at the cash register is a plus.

Local take (video at the story), https://www.seattletimes.com/business/a ... nce-store/
We just checked out Seattle’s cashierless Amazon Go convenience store — and it was about as easy and painless as promised.

This prototype convenience store, billed as the first cashier-free shop in the world, has been open to Amazonians for about a year at Blanchard Street and Seventh Avenue.

But on Monday, the store was open to the general public for the first time, and folks were lined up long before the 7 a.m. opening.

We took the store for a spin, and here’s how it worked:

First, you have to download the Amazon Go app and scan your unique code to let yourself in.

GreatGrey

Post by GreatGrey » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:29 pm

yeah, fuck this shit...

[attachment=0]3F273A0C-413F-4900-A37A-6DC3A9F7BA9F.jpeg[/attachment]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I am not "someone upthread".
Trump needs to be smashed into some kind of inedible orange pâté.

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:41 pm

Half of the Ten Commandments are solely religious and deal with Man's relationship to his Deity, a Judaeo-Christian fellow. But I suspect Gorsuch, Alito and Thomas would find it's all just historical. Including the rote recitation of all the stuff relating to the demanding Deity. (Roberts would be in their corner if he could figure out the big business angle. Kennedy is a toss up. It depends on how he feels the morning the opinion is released. Unless he gets to write it. Then he's on whichever side will allow him to do so.)

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:01 pm

Do the clergy of the Flying Spaghetti Monster need to request a modification to said law proposal?

RoadScholar

Post by RoadScholar » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:12 pm

RTH10260 wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:01 pm
Do the clergy of the Flying Spaghetti Monster need to request a modification to said law proposal?
“Ramen” to that!

The bitterest truth is healthier than the sweetest lie.
X3

Fortinbras

Post by Fortinbras » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:35 pm

The Ten Commandments are numbered differently by the major Biblical religions - and not at all used by Moslems, Buddhists, and others. Considering what happened when Roy Moore simply put a Ten Commandments monument (that nobody had to read) in front of the courthouse, this Mississippi proposal will not survive long.

Mississippi wants to put the Ten Commandments into its schools .... it has never made much effort to put education into its schools.

Lani

Post by Lani » Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:38 am

Insert signature here: ____________________________________________________

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:21 am

Are YouTube's Days Really Numbered?

Over the last 24 hours we've seen numerous complaints from small (and big) YouTube content creators who are upset with the newest updates to the YouTube Partnership Program (YPP). The newest TOS requires a channel to have 4,000 hours of watchtime within the past 12 months and 1,000 subscribers in order to be eligible for monetization. Meanwhile on dtube, content creators are allowed to earn revenue from their videos from day one without meeting any requirements at all. This has forced content creators to make a big decision: Stay with YouTube or join the dtube movement?

https://steemit.com/dtube/@brandonfrye/eakv1nwd
Note: DTube is a fresh platform built around the blockchain concept. Rather than holding Bitcoins in a chain they hold published content. Up and down votes are given or taken in micro amounts of STMs, a curency related to this blockchain. DTube at this time maintains that there will can and will be no censure censorship on the content posted. The future will show how such a non moderated site will take off when the bad guys start their droppings there. By definition of a blockchain it seem s to be impossible to remove offending content.

ETA to fix term - H/T to :sterngard:

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:24 am

San Francisco changes Columbus Day to Indigenous Peoples Day
By Stephen Sorace | Fox News

San Francisco supervisors voted Tuesday to swap Columbus Day for Indigenous Peoples Day.

San Francisco’s Board of Supervisors voted Tuesday to rename Columbus Day with Indigenous Peoples Day to honor the Native Americans here before Columbus "discovered” America and who became victims of the country’s subsequent colonization.

Malia Cohen, a member on the board, led the legislation which was voted on 10-to-1 in favor of the change.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/01 ... s-day.html

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:30 pm

In an embarrassing demonstration that she is not ready for prime time, and has Judge-Ito-disease, the trial court judge in the Larry Nassar case is going on and on before sentencing the monster to life.

She needs to STFU and sentence him already.

Edit: ETA: She only gave him 175 years. Not enough.

Return to “The Lounge”