John Thomas8 is gauging interest and signing people up for fantasy
football league and pick'ems for the coming football season.
New members, so if you'd like to join the fun, go to:
User Control Panel - -» Usergroups tab, and join Sports Fans.
Otherwise, you can't see the sports forums.
As always, you can dismiss this announcement after reading.

Florida diver sucked into a nuclear plant intake pipe

Lunaluz
Posts: 271
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:22 pm
Location: Seattle area
Occupation: Bean Counter for Boeing Commercial. You break it I find a way to fix it.

Florida diver sucked into a nuclear plant intake pipe

Postby Lunaluz » Mon Mar 07, 2016 6:06 pm

Talk about a bad day, he survived though... Why do so many weird things happen in Florida? :sharky;


http://www.cnn.com/2016/03/05/us/florida-scuba-diver-sucked-into-power-plant-pipe/



User avatar
Plutodog
Posts: 10732
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:11 pm

Re: Florida diver sucked into a nuclear plant intake pipe

Postby Plutodog » Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:09 pm

That's effing amazing. The plant operator, of course, has the corner on sympathetic PR person.


The only good Bundy is an Al Bundy.

User avatar
YellowMustard
Posts: 408
Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2016 7:47 pm

Re: Florida diver sucked into a nuclear plant intake pipe

Postby YellowMustard » Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:26 pm

This happened in 1989 as well.

Can you sue someone for your own ignorance?

Le Cun told CNN affiliate WPTV that he and a friend saw the yellow buoy that day and large submerged silhouettes underneath. They decided to see what was down there."I am 100% positive that there were no signs on the buoy," he said. "I know that because my boat was tied to that buoy."

http://www.schoolofsailing.net/aids-to-navigation.html

Yellow buoys. Yellow represents caution on these buoys. Usually meaning to stay away from them. They are used to indicate pipes, dredge lines, traffic schemes, an isolated danger. They do not usually indicate which side to leave them on. Reading the chart may tell you their significance if they are marking a permanent hazard such as a shoal area. Yellow buoys, if lighted, will flash a yellow light. The rule for yellow buoys: Stay away.



Lunaluz
Posts: 271
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:22 pm
Location: Seattle area
Occupation: Bean Counter for Boeing Commercial. You break it I find a way to fix it.

Re: Florida diver sucked into a nuclear plant intake pipe

Postby Lunaluz » Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:36 pm

:snippity: Can you sue someone for your own ignorance? :snippity:

Apparently he thinks so.. If I would scuba I would not dive into a nuclear plant .. the whole thing is absurd... Ancient Aliens strikes again



User avatar
mimi
Posts: 31018
Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:01 am

Re: Florida diver sucked into a nuclear plant intake pipe

Postby mimi » Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:17 pm

The photo they chose for that story. :?



chancery
Posts: 1318
Joined: Sat Nov 07, 2009 5:51 pm

Re: Florida diver sucked into a nuclear plant intake pipe

Postby chancery » Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:37 pm

YellowMustard wrote:This happened in 1989 as well.

Can you sue someone for your own ignorance?

Le Cun told CNN affiliate WPTV that he and a friend saw the yellow buoy that day and large submerged silhouettes underneath. They decided to see what was down there."I am 100% positive that there were no signs on the buoy," he said. "I know that because my boat was tied to that buoy."

http://www.schoolofsailing.net/aids-to-navigation.html

Yellow buoys. Yellow represents caution on these buoys. Usually meaning to stay away from them. They are used to indicate pipes, dredge lines, traffic schemes, an isolated danger. They do not usually indicate which side to leave them on. Reading the chart may tell you their significance if they are marking a permanent hazard such as a shoal area. Yellow buoys, if lighted, will flash a yellow light. The rule for yellow buoys: Stay away.


Also, tying up to any navigational buoy is prohibited under the rules of the road. :fingerwag:



User avatar
Plutodog
Posts: 10732
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:11 pm

Re: Florida diver sucked into a nuclear plant intake pipe

Postby Plutodog » Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:54 pm

chancery wrote:Also, tying up to any navigational buoy is prohibited under the rules of the road. :fingerwag:

Aw, that's just a nanny state suggestion. We're Sovereign Citizens, damnit! :rolleye:


The only good Bundy is an Al Bundy.

Somerset
Posts: 2956
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:52 am
Location: Shenzhen, China
Occupation: I take apart things that don't work and figure out why.

Re: Florida diver sucked into a nuclear plant intake pipe

Postby Somerset » Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:10 am

Plutodog wrote:
chancery wrote:Also, tying up to any navigational buoy is prohibited under the rules of the road. :fingerwag:

Aw, that's just a nanny state suggestion. We're Sovereign Citizens, damnit! :rolleye:

True. But even Sovereign Citizens know the rules are different in Admiralty Court ;)



User avatar
Plutodog
Posts: 10732
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:11 pm

Re: Florida diver sucked into a nuclear plant intake pipe

Postby Plutodog » Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:17 am

Somerset wrote:
Plutodog wrote:
chancery wrote:Also, tying up to any navigational buoy is prohibited under the rules of the road. :fingerwag:

Aw, that's just a nanny state suggestion. We're Sovereign Citizens, damnit! :rolleye:

True. But even Sovereign Citizens know the rules are different in Admiralty Court ;)

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:


The only good Bundy is an Al Bundy.

User avatar
Suranis
Posts: 11486
Joined: Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:04 am

Re: Florida diver sucked into a nuclear plant intake pipe

Postby Suranis » Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:27 pm

Did the Bouy have a gold fringe? :sick:


Some are born cretins, some achieve cretiniss, and some have cretiniss forced upon them.

RTH10260
Posts: 8514
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:52 am
Location: Near the Swiss Alps

Re: Florida diver sucked into a nuclear plant intake pipe

Postby RTH10260 » Tue Mar 08, 2016 3:53 pm

Plutodog wrote:
chancery wrote:Also, tying up to any navigational buoy is prohibited under the rules of the road. :fingerwag:

Aw, that's just a nanny state suggestion. We're Sovereign Citizens, damnit! :rolleye:

That's why they were out on the waters without an Admirals Captains patent.



User avatar
Highlands
Posts: 3592
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:19 am
Location: 3rd Rock From the Sun

Re: Florida diver sucked into a nuclear plant intake pipe

Postby Highlands » Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:12 pm

Florida diver sucked into a nuclear plant intake pipe


:shock: :o


If you took out all of the blood vessels in your body and lined them up, you would be dead. #science


Return to “American Culture & Current Events”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests