No Catz but Kate's OK

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 2 dogs, 1 cat, and 1 horse

Re: No Catz but Kate's OK

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:21 am

:thumbs:

"The people must know before they can act, and there is no educator to compare with the press." - Ida B. Wells-Barnett, journalist, newspaper editor, suffragist, feminist and founder with others of NAACP.

DryInk

Post by DryInk » Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:28 pm

One of my roommates cats ...

Let's just assume I said something witty.

Tiredretiredlawyer

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:30 pm

Peek a boo basket! :-D

"The people must know before they can act, and there is no educator to compare with the press." - Ida B. Wells-Barnett, journalist, newspaper editor, suffragist, feminist and founder with others of NAACP.

RVInit

Post by RVInit » Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:39 pm

DryInk wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:28 pm
One of my roommates cats ...

:thumbs: I have a box I wanted to take to the recycling dumpster, but Tulip discovered it almost as soon as I set it down. It's one of her favorite places to get away from it all. So I moved it to a location where it is at least somewhat out of the way. :lol: Cats do love to hide anywhere they can squeeze themselves.

"I know that human being and fish can coexist peacefully"
--- George W Bush

ImageImage

Tiredretiredlawyer

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:43 pm

Glad to hear Tulip has now become "Mistress of her Domain". Her true cat nature is coming through due to your nurturing. :bighug:

RVInit

Post by RVInit » Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:38 pm

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:43 pm
Glad to hear Tulip has now become "Mistress of her Domain". Her true cat nature is coming through due to your nurturing. :bighug:
Thanks for the nice words. I've been meaning to give an update on Tulip, who is continuing to prove that she's is one resilient little kitty cat.

She is now totally and completely settled in. I can't even believe this is the kitty I brought home! I was piling up some recycling on Sunday while she was laying down right beside where I was working. An empty small water bottle fell off the top of a box right on top of Tulip. She jumped up, surprised, and took a few steps away. Then immediately turned around when I apologized to her, came right over for some petting and then she laid down again, just a little bit away from where she was, almost like nothing even happened. She sleeps right on top of me :lol: most of the time, but sometimes just right beside me and has become a major lap kitty, wanting to sit on my lap pretty much any time I am reclining or sitting on the couch, chair, or bed, except for after breakfast when she likes to sit in the big window for a while.

She's a major hoot when we play with her laser light toy, which is her favorite. She talks and chirps the whole time she's chasing or laying in wait to pounce on the light. Any hesitation, fear, or concern she ever had about anything is gone completely, and she even comes over to the door to meet anyone who knocks on the door. She's a special girl friend! :thumbs:

--- George W Bush

ImageImage

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:46 pm

Yay for Tulip and a happy home! :thumbs:

Dolly

Post by Dolly » Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:56 pm

DryInk, thanks for sharing the cute photos of Misha. Such a sweet pretty face.

RVInit, appreciate the update on Tulip. So happy for both of you.

Avatar by Tal Peleg Art of Makeup https://www.facebook.com/TalPelegMakeUp

Tiredretiredlawyer

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:05 pm

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:25 pm

:lovestruck:

TollandRCR

Post by TollandRCR » Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:33 pm

Thanks for such a kind and hopeful video in a time of sadness, confusion, and fear.

“The truth is, we know so little about life, we don’t really know what the good news is and what the bad news is.” Kurt Vonnegut

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:37 pm

TollandRCR wrote:
Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:33 pm
Thanks for such a kind and hopeful video in a time of sadness, confusion, and fear.
And to the fosters who make these stories happen.

RVInit

Post by RVInit » Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:58 pm

Kendra wrote:
Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:37 pm
TollandRCR wrote:
Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:33 pm
And to the fosters who make these stories happen.
:thumbs:

--- George W Bush

ImageImage

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:32 am

For those who follow Foster Dad John, Uncle Kougra, who makes visits to the kittens in The Critter Room, passed away. Last pics below in John's lap. :crying: :crying:
► Show Spoiler

RVInit

Post by RVInit » Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:58 am

:cry: Bye, Kougra. I'm sad now.

--- George W Bush

ImageImage

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:11 pm

RVInit wrote:
Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:58 am
:cry: Bye, Kougra. I'm sad now.
FDJ had a longer post about this on FB. Kougra had the same problem a few years ago and rallied, so for a while there was hope he'd rally again, but there comes a time to let kitty go over the rainbow bridge. He will be missed, he was so wonderful with the kittens.

Tiredretiredlawyer

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:41 pm

:crying:

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:09 pm

Oooh, this looks like fun.

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:56 pm

:cry: :cry: :brokenheart: :brokenheart:

Foster Dad John can't get a break. IIRC, this is Uncle Kougra's sibling. :crying: :crying: :crying:

This month can 'eff off I say... Sabby had her recheck today on her leg and her system crashed and it was time to say goodbye to my baby.

The vet asked me if he could take a sample from her upper leg where it was swollen last week - he drew out bloody puss. Her bad swelling from soft tissue damage had abscessed and badly. The vet noted that her weight has been on a slow decline over the past five years and he said that she had two equally valid options, the emergency vet as her body temp was low and needed treatment for the abscess and the other option would be to say goodbye as he thought she had several things going bad for her. A moment after, she collapsed onto her side and was having clear respiratory distress. I couldn't bear to see my baby suffer any more.

Sabby was made comfortable with oxygen support and I made sure it was my face that was the last thing she saw.

Photo taken while she was resting comfortably before the exam.

vic

Post by vic » Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:24 pm

:crying:

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:27 pm

It is so hard when they get old, but two in days... :crying:

kate520

Post by kate520 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:30 pm

If anyone can handle the loss of two in one week, it’s FDJ. Kitten fosterers are a resilient bunch. Not that it won’t hurt... :crying: :bighug:

Patriotism is the last refuge of a Scoundrel.
Samuel Johnson
April 7, 1775

Mikedunford

Post by Mikedunford » Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:43 pm

Abscesses can be nasty stuff. Our older cat, Hiss, was limping a bit last week, then had a massive absess go pop and leak the worst-smelling pus I've ever smelled all over me. Fortunately, the operation went well and she's mostly back to her normal self now, although she's definitely going to kill me when the cone of shame finally comes off.

We're still trying to figure out what the hell she did, though. Because she was limping on her left shoulder, and the abscess was on her right side. Our best guess is that she forgot she's 15 again and tangled with something in the backyard, but damned if we can figure out what it might have been.

I believe that each era finds a improvement in law each year brings something new for the benefit of mankind.

--Clarence Earl Gideon

Sugar Magnolia

Post by Sugar Magnolia » Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:46 am

Mikedunford wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:43 pm
Abscesses can be nasty stuff. Our older cat, Hiss, was limping a bit last week, then had a massive absess go pop and leak the worst-smelling pus I've ever smelled all over me. Fortunately, the operation went well and she's mostly back to her normal self now, although she's definitely going to kill me when the cone of shame finally comes off.

We're still trying to figure out what the hell she did, though. Because she was limping on her left shoulder, and the abscess was on her right side. Our best guess is that she forgot she's 15 again and tangled with something in the backyard, but damned if we can figure out what it might have been.
We always thought it had to be from a bite or scratch from another animal, but my sweet calico got an abscess on her neck that wouldn't drain and the vet pulled out the tip of a thorn from the gumdrop tree.

Tiredretiredlawyer

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:29 am

Horses get abscesses too, sometimes under their hooves.

Return to “Teh Funny Stuffs”