No Catz but Kate's OK

Kendra

Re: No Catz but Kate's OK

Post by Kendra » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:39 pm

Yay, FDJ gets a new batch of kittens and mama.

kate520

Post by kate520 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:35 am

Fellow cat lovers, have you been following TinyKittens this week? Three births, one death...sad, but a lower rate than in the wild...and the most amazing cat behavior I’ve ever seen. Chloe and Ramona, birthing together, helping each other, no humans necessary. Parts one & two: (hidden because it’s a bit, um, messy.)

Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.

Patriotism is the last refuge of a Scoundrel.
Samuel Johnson
April 7, 1775

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:12 pm

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:38 pm

:lovestruck: Koko.

@Kate :cantlook:

P.K.
Location: Second star to the right, and straight on till morning.

Post by P.K. » Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:32 pm

We know from the notes from her foster family that Inky is a door dasher, and we've mostly been able to keep her inside. Just to the left of our front door is a small garden filled with overgrown bushes, and twice Inky has dashed out and gone in to explore. Both times we were able to quickly lure her back in with her Favorite Toy Ever - Da Bird (aka feather on a stick). Yesterday she got out again while I was bringing in groceries and this time she would not fall for the feather trick. She wouldn't come in for treats either. She wanted to explore! It took about 20 minutes, in the blazing hot sun, to get her to come back in. I was scared she might run off but she never tried to, she just wanted to hang out under the bushes (where I couldn't read her) and watch the bugs fly by.

She loved the garden so much that I plan on buying her a harness and leash and taking her for walkies so she can sniff all the interesting things. I last used a leash on a cat over 20 years ago, and as I recall that cat hated the process of having the harness put on, but loved going outside for walks. Any suggestions on brand/style?

IANALBIPOOTV - I am not a lawyer, but I've played one on TV. In fact, IANA (fill in the blank) but chances are I've played on on TV.

June bug

Post by June bug » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:37 pm

P.K. wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:32 pm
:snippity: Inky :snippity:
She loved the garden so much that I plan on buying her a harness and leash and taking her for walkies so she can sniff all the interesting things. I last used a leash on a cat over 20 years ago, and as I recall that cat hated the process of having the harness put on, but loved going outside for walks. Any suggestions on brand/style?
We walk our two indoor cats every morning, or rather, they walk us! They both love it. Here in Hawaii, they have lizards to chase as well as bugs and birds. We use Kitty Holster harnesses. They're comfortable for the cats, very sturdy, and washable! I highly recommend them and so do Scout and Scamp. Although I must admit, like your previous cat, they don't approve of the process!

Here's the website: http://www.kittyholster.com/

RVInit

Post by RVInit » Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:16 am

P.K. wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:32 pm
We know from the notes from her foster family that Inky is a door dasher, and we've mostly been able to keep her inside. Just to the left of our front door is a small garden filled with overgrown bushes, and twice Inky has dashed out and gone in to explore. Both times we were able to quickly lure her back in with her Favorite Toy Ever - Da Bird (aka feather on a stick). Yesterday she got out again while I was bringing in groceries and this time she would not fall for the feather trick. She wouldn't come in for treats either. She wanted to explore! It took about 20 minutes, in the blazing hot sun, to get her to come back in. I was scared she might run off but she never tried to, she just wanted to hang out under the bushes (where I couldn't read her) and watch the bugs fly by.

Poohie was really bad about door dashing, too, but I found a solution. Get two small squirter bottles and fill with water. Keep them right beside the door, one inside and one outside. Cats hate being squirted with water, but it causes no actual harm, except maybe to their pride. From inside as soon as I walked to the door and bent over to pick up the bottle, she skedaddled. From outside, pick up the bottle before opening the door and have it at the ready in case kitty tries to get outside. It only took a couple of times of being squirted before she learned. I could go months and even years without her trying again. Then, all I had to do was fill the bottles and put them in place. That was it. Easy as can be.
Edit: Tulip is totally different. I adopted her last September. She is four years old and never been outside. When I open the door, she seems to be afraid of what's on the other side and she goes to a safe place until the door is closed. :lol:

"I know that human being and fish can coexist peacefully"
--- George W Bush

ImageImage

Sugar Magnolia

Post by Sugar Magnolia » Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:36 am

We acquired my son's 2 cats about 5 years ago, when he moved and couldn't take them with him. One is the sweetest, prettiest, softest, most girly grey baby you could ever imagine. The other is a wild, independent tabby that we referred to as the cactus cat for 3 years because she literally wouldn't let you get within 2 feet of her without hissing, spitting, scratching and biting. Any time I HAD to touch her for any reason, I used oven mitts. She fought with the other cats, avoided all human contact, and was a constant pain in the ass to everyone. I finally tamed her enough that we can pet her, and she's become a lap cat. She's also the absolute smartest cat I've ever known. She has taught herself to pee in the toilet. Seriously. And she does it every time. The first time I told my husband he didn't believe me. She also drinks out of a running faucet. She's just a strange cat all the way around, but may turn out to hold a place of honor on my pets-I-have-loved list eventually.

I mention this now because I was sitting here a few minutes ago and she trotted off to use the toilet. Did I mention that a cat sitting on the toilet peeing is very loud in a silent house?

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:07 am

when in Rome, do as the Romans do.

when in the house of a human, do ...

;)

RVInit

Post by RVInit » Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:24 am

Cool story. I've never had a cat that peed in the toilet, I can see where that would be a convenience. I've heard of it before, but never witnessed it in person. It's really wonderful that you took the time to work with this cat to help settle her down. :lovestruck:

--- George W Bush

ImageImage

P.K.
Location: Second star to the right, and straight on till morning.

Post by P.K. » Sun Apr 29, 2018 12:06 am

Inky has learned a new trick...or rather she's taught Mr. K a new trick. I haven't witnessed this, since she only does it when I'm not home, but she will come up to Daddy and meow until he gets up to follow her, then she will lead him into her bedroom where the food dish is, and then stare pointedly at the dish, and at Daddy, and at the dish....until he takes some of the kibble in his hand so she can eat out of his palm. No, nobody is spoiled at our house.

She probably learned the "meow until the male human follows you" trick from Yo-Yo, who likes to lead Mr. K into the bedroom so he can hop on the bed and be given brushies. He will also lead Daddy around the house to inspect his litterbox, his kitty grass, his bed, etc. At least Daddy gets some walking done with his kitty personal trainer! (For those who don't know or remember, my husband is disabled/chronically ill, so even a little walking around the house is a good thing.)

IANALBIPOOTV - I am not a lawyer, but I've played one on TV. In fact, IANA (fill in the blank) but chances are I've played on on TV.

Dolly

Post by Dolly » Sun Apr 29, 2018 2:33 am

Thanks for the cute story, P.K.
Nice to have physical therapist/personal trainer for Daddy. :-D

:bighug:

P.K. wrote:
Sun Apr 29, 2018 12:06 am
Inky has learned a new trick...or rather she's taught Mr. K a new trick. I haven't witnessed this, since she only does it when I'm not home, but she will come up to Daddy and meow until he gets up to follow her, then she will lead him into her bedroom where the food dish is, and then stare pointedly at the dish, and at Daddy, and at the dish....until he takes some of the kibble in his hand so she can eat out of his palm. No, nobody is spoiled at our house.

She probably learned the "meow until the male human follows you" trick from Yo-Yo, who likes to lead Mr. K into the bedroom so he can hop on the bed and be given brushies. He will also lead Daddy around the house to inspect his litterbox, his kitty grass, his bed, etc. At least Daddy gets some walking done with his kitty personal trainer! (For those who don't know or remember, my husband is disabled/chronically ill, so even a little walking around the house is a good thing.)

Avatar by Tal Peleg Art of Makeup https://www.facebook.com/TalPelegMakeUp

RVInit

Post by RVInit » Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:08 am

:lovestruck: I love the stories about the kitties, PK. Wonderful. That is just too cute for words.

--- George W Bush

ImageImage

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 2 dogs, 1 cat, and 1 horse

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:32 pm

New tweet feeds by John Schindler @FelisDave and @FelisBoots. This is a retweet.

Stephen M. Weeks, Esq.
@SteveMWeeks
SCANDAL: The HPOD (House Panel On Dave) has released its findings, "There is no evidence Boots opened and quickly closed a door on Dave to feed him to alligators." The HPOD has video showing Boots doing just that. LajesBoy, "The panel ignored the irrelevant video"

9:26 AM - Apr 30, 2018

Boots' defense lawyer provided many great defenses in reply even referencing a back channel.

Kathryn Snapka
Kathryn Snapka
@momtommk
·
1h
Boots has no cellular device and even if the cellular device can somehow be connected to my client, it should come as no surprise that many cats attempt to open back channels to determine alligator locations for their own individual safety as well as the larger feline community.

Should the connection be established, rather than impugning the integrity of Boots, a nomination for the Feline Peace Prize would be more appropriate since no cats were injured or killed during the alligator infestation !

Pete EVANS
@911CORLEBRA777
28 Apr
Replying to @LouiseBagshawe and 7 others
I have it on good authority Dave will play himself in the movie. He's already insisting Boots gets a walk on part only, a long shot, preferably out of focus
Db5NpXfUwAAlfxC_1.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

"The people must know before they can act, and there is no educator to compare with the press." - Ida B. Wells-Barnett, journalist, newspaper editor, suffragist, feminist and founder with others of NAACP.

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Fri May 04, 2018 7:32 pm

Myia's intestinal tract wasn't really working any more and she lost a lot of weight in a very short period of time from her body breaking down her body fat to compensate. It was clear that it was time to say goodbye and it was definitely the right choice for her.

She still had her fire though and earned a big red warning tag on her kennel apartment. Chris & I spent some time with her (see picture of this point) and she was her sweet ol' little flower of sunshine for me and had a good purr going, even the vet was astonished to hear her purring when she came to assist in her crossing. I gave her a big ol' ear scritch (her most favorite thing ever) as the doc started and the last thing she saw was my face and the last thing she felt was her head being rubbed.

At 17.5 years old, she had a good run. She never was a pet, she refused to let anyone consider her a pet. She was a goddess and she made sure everyone knew it. When she wasn't being a deity, she was content and happy to be my roommate. I adopted her in 2001 from PAWS as a companion to Socks - my then downstairs neighbor described them as elephants when they were play chasing each other.
:crying:

I believe that's now four FDJ has lost in less than two months?

kate520

Post by kate520 » Fri May 04, 2018 7:45 pm

Four?! :o :brokenheart:

Patriotism is the last refuge of a Scoundrel.
Samuel Johnson
April 7, 1775

vic

Post by vic » Sat May 05, 2018 1:15 am

:crying:
This has been a sad spring for The Critter Room (Foster Dad John) and Tinykittens (Shelly Roche).

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Sat May 05, 2018 8:36 pm

Let's have something happy.

:lovestruck:

Tiredretiredlawyer

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Sat May 05, 2018 8:40 pm

Thank you, Kendra! :lovestruck:

"The people must know before they can act, and there is no educator to compare with the press." - Ida B. Wells-Barnett, journalist, newspaper editor, suffragist, feminist and founder with others of NAACP.

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Fri May 11, 2018 8:49 am

:lovestruck:

Tiredretiredlawyer

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Fri May 11, 2018 9:31 am

Be Best Kittehs.

Dolly

Post by Dolly » Sat May 12, 2018 2:31 pm

Pawfficer Donut, the new Troy (Michigan) Police cat

Meet Pawfficer Donut, the Troy Police Department's new police cat.

She was given her police badge on Friday, May 11, 2018.

Pawfficer Donut sworn-in as new Troy Police cat

This began in March when the Troy PD put out a Twitter challenge saying it would get a police cat if it received 10,000 followers by April. It reached its goal weeks early.

Officer Donut will help raise awareness for pet adoptions and rescues as well as raise money for the Michigan Humane Society.

She will also be out in the community.
"We are using social media to engage the public that we serve and to get the message out that police are human, too, and we want to show we have a side of us that is beyond law enforcement," said Chief Gary Mayer

Troy PD is selling feline unit shirts to raise money for the Michigan Humane Society.
You can get the shirts at GoodInk.com/TroyPoliceCat

Meantime, if you want to follow what Pawfficer Donut is up to in the weeks to come, just follow the Troy Police Department on Twitter.
<more photos and video at the link>
https://www.mlive.com/expo/erry-2018/05 ... emony.html

Pawfficer Donut sworn-in as the new Troy Police Department's cat
Here is our video where we met Pawofficer Donut for the first time. <at the link>
http://www.mlive.com/news/index.ssf/201 ... as_th.html

This kitten looks so much like my cat that I rescued in Mexico about 16 years ago. Soon afterwards, I learned that my other cat had feline leukemia. She lived for many years after that diagnosis. My little rescue cat is doing fine for her age.

From the article:
Troy PD had originally chosen another cat to adopt. Officer Badges. However, Badges tested positive for feline leukemia.
Badges is up for adoption at the Michigan Humane Society in Westland.
Badges cannot live in a home with other cats as the disease is transmittable.

Avatar by Tal Peleg Art of Makeup https://www.facebook.com/TalPelegMakeUp

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Sat May 12, 2018 2:41 pm

What a cutie. Thanks for sharing.

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Sat May 12, 2018 7:11 pm

So there was this cat wanting to cross the road...

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Mon May 14, 2018 2:13 pm

:bighug:

Return to “Teh Funny Stuffs”