Four Americans killed in Libya

DaveMuckey

Post by DaveMuckey » Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:14 pm

More on Klein:

[link]Meet The Right-Wing Extremist Behind Anti-Muslim Film That Sparked Deadly Riots,http://goo.gl/CFE4w[/link]

I apologize if this has already been posted.

My money is on Klein = Bacile. (Just opened a new pack of Occam's Razors™)

TexasFilly

Post by TexasFilly » Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:22 pm

The genius retiring Senator from Arizona makes a stupid statement and reminds everyone of Republicans and rape:

Jon Kyl: Embassy Statement Was Like Telling A Raped Woman She ‘Asked For It’

Sahil Kapur 5:00 PM EDT, Wednesday September 12, 2012

Sen. Jon Kyl (AZ), the No. 2 Republican in the chamber, told reporters Wednesday that a U.S. Embassy statement condemning an anti-Muslim movie -- which was reportedly issued before the attack in Libya that killed four American diplomats -- was akin to blaming a victim for rape.

Here's what Kyl said, as quoted by Roll Call reporter Meredith Shiner:

"It's like the judge telling the woman who got raped, 'You asked for it because of the way you dressed.' OK? That's the same thing. 'Well America, you should be the ones to apologize, you should have known this would happen, you should have done — what I don't know — but it's your fault that it happened.' You know, for a member of our State Department to put out a statement like that, it had to be cleared by somebody. They don't just do that in the spur of the moment."

A spokesman for Kyl did not respond to a request for further comment.[/break1]talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/jon-kyl-embassy-statement-was-like-telling-raped]http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/e ... ling-raped

I love the poorly educated!!!

I believe Anita Hill!

Reality Check

Post by Reality Check » Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:44 pm

Look at these photos from Benghazi. [/break1]buzzfeed.com/jtes/12-photos-of-benghazi-citizens-apologizing-to-amer]http://www.buzzfeed.com/jtes/12-photos- ... ng-to-amer

"“If you’re not outraged, you’re not paying attention.”

Heather Heyer, November 2016

A Legal Lohengrin

Post by A Legal Lohengrin » Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:56 pm

In a truly despicable turn of events, it turns out the producers lied to the "actors" in the film about its purpose. This is why so many of the lines were overdubbed. Needless to say, they are horrified both at the con job perpetrated on them and the tragedy that resulted.From [/break1]blogs.cnn.com/2012/09/12/u-s-ambassador-to-libya-3-others-killed-in-rocket-attack-witness-says/]the CNN news blog.[Updated at 4:28 p.m. ET] A statement released on the behalf of the 80 cast and crew members of "Innocence of Muslims," a film that reportedly prompted Tuesday protests at the U.S. Embassy in Cairo and the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi, indicates that they are not happy with the film and were misled by the producer."The entire cast and crew are extremely upset and feel taken advantage of by the producer. We are 100% not behind this film and were grossly misled about its intent and purpose," the statement says. "We are shocked by the drastic re-writes of the script and lies that were told to all involved. We are deeply saddened by the tragedies that have occurred."As this post has previously noted, U.S. officials speaking on condition of anonymity say they believe the attack that killed four Americans in Benghazi was planned before the protests and was not prompted by the film, and that the attackers perhaps used the protest as a diversion. (See 2:48 p.m. update.)

borealis

Post by borealis » Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:02 pm

Could CIA Evangelical neocons be working with Liebermann?

Sugar Magnolia

Post by Sugar Magnolia » Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:14 pm

Could CIA Evangelical neocons be working with Liebermann?To what end? In what way? Any real reason to think that might be true or is it just a stab in the dark?

TollandRCR

Post by TollandRCR » Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:14 pm

Could CIA Evangelical neocons be working with Liebermann?Make that Avigdor Lieberman, Foreign Minister in the Netanyahu Cabinet. I would not say that it is impossible for Lieberman to be behind both the film and the attacks, but nothing to date hints at that except that it was supposed to benefit Romney. Of course, I've also said that I think Lieberman is the guiding light for Orly Taitz whether or not he employs her.

“The truth is, we know so little about life, we don’t really know what the good news is and what the bad news is.” Kurt Vonnegut

shrek

Post by shrek » Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:43 pm

For egotist Julian Assange its all about him...By the US accepting the UK siege on the Ecuadorian embassy in London it gave tacit approval for attacks on embassies around the worldThis shameful tweet has since been deleted but not before being screengrabbed [/break1]yfrog.com/z/kf69002053p]http://twitter.yfrog.com/z/kf69002053pPrick.

Emma

Post by Emma » Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:58 pm

[/break1]youtube.com/watch?v=FKf9ucqGYeg]
's statement was perfect. Then five minutes later, here comes the idiot Romney stirring the pot with his lies and chest-thumping bravado.

A Legal Lohengrin

Post by A Legal Lohengrin » Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:58 pm

They duped the actors.From [/break1]com/5942748/it-makes-me-sick-actress-in-muhammed-movie-says-she-was-deceived-had-no-idea-it-was-about-islam]Gawker.‘It Makes Me Sick’: Actress in Muhammed Movie Says She Was Deceived, Had No Idea It Was About IslamThe story of the Muhammed movie which sparked deadly protests in Libya and Egypt gets weirder. The actors who appeared in it had no idea they were starring in anti-Islam propaganda which depicts Muhammed as a child molester and thug. They were deceived by the film's director, believing they were appearing in a film about the life of a generic Egyptian 2,000 years ago.Cindy Lee Garcia, an actress from Bakersfield, Calif., has a small role in the Muhammed movie as a woman whose young daughter is given to Muhammed to marry. But in a phone interview this afternoon, Garcia told us she had no idea she was participating in an offensive spoof on the life of Muhammed when she answered a casting call through an agency last summer and got the part.The script she was given was titled simply Desert Warriors.But the real money quote. "I'm going to sue his butt off."You go, girl!Incidentally, re Assange: what a narcissistic douche-canoe.

chinacreekpj

Post by chinacreekpj » Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:00 pm

Apparently 2 guided missile destroyers are moving into position off the coast of Libya.

Addie

Post by Addie » Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:02 pm

Weirder and weirder. "I called Sam and said, 'Why did you do this?' and he said, 'I'm tired of radical Islamists killing each other. Let other actors know it's not their fault.'"

¡Qué vergüenza!

Emma

Post by Emma » Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:06 pm

If I may add: The film is utter, unmitigated crap -- I almost find that the most suspicious part of this. Did any of you view it? It doesn't even make a passing pretense at being a bonafide 'work of art' in any sense. If your task was to deliver the absolute bare minimum with the maximum offense and provocation, this would be the result. The makeup looks like dirt. The most sophisticated effect is momentary zoom-cut to a christian cross. The 'acting' is nonexistent. There are no credits that I am aware of. It is pure agitprop of the most vile sort, with not a scintilla of redemptive value.And that's speaking as a student of cinema, and without regard to its actual content, veracity, etc.I am trying not to leap to judgment, but the 'film' itself is completely consistent with the following scenario:[*:1cm89aih]US/international parties with an interest in Obama's failure decide to provoke a mideast incident as a Sept/Oct surprise.[*:1cm89aih]They concoct a scheme for the film itself. It is the simplest straight-line idea for this objective[*:1cm89aih]When it's ready to release, they alert anti-democratic forces in Libya (disaffected military/former Khaddafi loyalists) that there will be demonstrations[*:1cm89aih]They provide a translation and make sure it is distributed accordingly.Did they also assure Romney his succession is assured?YMMV. Putting the tinfoil hat aside for the moment.As of this morning, there was a 10 minute clip up on youtube. My very first impression? No way did someone spend $5 million to make that sack of crap. My 6 year old grandson with his Fisher-Price video camera could have produced a more polished film.

Emma

Post by Emma » Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:13 pm

Agree. The film appears to have been aimed at Arabic speakers and not for US viewers. There's more reporting the the attack in Benghazi was planned and not a spontaneous rioting mob.The pictures of the ambassador being 'dragged through the streets' has been captioned as being civilians trying to help the unconscious man on sfgate. This is not "Black Hawk Down." [/break1]sfgate.com/news/article/US-ambassador-killed-in-consulate-attack-in-Libya-3856652.php#photo-3443816]http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/US-a ... to-3443816He's being carried; these photos confirm what Clinton and Obama said in their statements.

Addie

Post by Addie » Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:15 pm

Gawker updateThis [/break1]imdb.com/name/nm0003085/]Alan Roberts?Update II: Here's what appears to be the original casting call, posted in July 2011on craigslist: NOW CASTING SAG and NON SAG ACTORS for "DESERT WARRIOR." Director Alan Roberts. Historical desert drama set in Middle East. Indie Feature film shoots 18 days in L.A. in August. Studio and backlot locations. Male Roles: DR. MATTHEW (Lead): Middle Eastern Pharmacist, 40-50, intelligent, family man; GEORGE (Lead); 40-50, Middle Eastern warrior leader, romantic, charismatic; YOUNG GEORGE (featured) 18-22; PRIEST (featured): 60-70, bearded; ABDO (featured), 60-70, Elder tribe leader; ISRAELI MEN 30-50 (featured); WARRIORS (featured) 18-50, Various Middle Eastern types, bearded. Female Roles: CONDALISA (featured) 40, attractive, successful, strong willed; HILLARY (featured) 18 but must look younger, petite; innocent; YOUSTINA (featured) 16-18, Daughter of doctor; MIDDLE EASTERN WOMEN (Various Featured Roles) 18-40, attractive, exotic; OLDER WOMAN (featured) 60-70, feisty. Please place Role desired in SUBJECT: line of email. Indicate SAG or NON-SAG Require phone contact for immediate interview in Beverly/LaCienega area.

¡Qué vergüenza!

Reality Check

Post by Reality Check » Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:17 pm

Cenk Uyger just said that if they claim this film cost $5 million to make the producers pocketed $4.9 million. After watching the clip I agree.

"“If you’re not outraged, you’re not paying attention.”

Heather Heyer, November 2016

DaveMuckey

Post by DaveMuckey » Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:26 pm

Gawker updateThis [/break1]imdb.com/name/nm0003085/]Alan Roberts?Update II: Here's what appears to be the original casting call, posted in July 2011on craigslist: NOW CASTING SAG and NON SAG ACTORS for "DESERT WARRIOR." Director Alan Roberts. Historical desert drama set in Middle East. Indie Feature film shoots 18 days in L.A. in August. Studio and backlot locations. Male Roles: DR. MATTHEW (Lead): Middle Eastern Pharmacist, 40-50, intelligent, family man; GEORGE (Lead); 40-50, Middle Eastern warrior leader, romantic, charismatic; YOUNG GEORGE (featured) 18-22; PRIEST (featured): 60-70, bearded; ABDO (featured), 60-70, Elder tribe leader; ISRAELI MEN 30-50 (featured); WARRIORS (featured) 18-50, Various Middle Eastern types, bearded. Female Roles: CONDALISA (featured) 40, attractive, successful, strong willed; HILLARY (featured) 18 but must look younger, petite; innocent; YOUSTINA (featured) 16-18, Daughter of doctor; MIDDLE EASTERN WOMEN (Various Featured Roles) 18-40, attractive, exotic; OLDER WOMAN (featured) 60-70, feisty. Please place Role desired in SUBJECT: line of email. Indicate SAG or NON-SAG Require phone contact for immediate interview in Beverly/LaCienega area.Condalisa and Hillary? With Hillary as the "rape victim"?

borealis

Post by borealis » Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:26 pm

Could CIA Evangelical neocons be working with Liebermann?Make that Avigdor Lieberman, Foreign Minister in the Netanyahu Cabinet. I would not say that it is impossible for Lieberman to be behind both the film and the attacks, but nothing to date hints at that except that it was supposed to benefit Romney. Of course, I've also said that I think Lieberman is the guiding light for Orly Taitz whether or not he employs her.Still find it hard to shake the memory of Romney's behavior when he visited Israel only a few weeks ago. I don't put anything past Lieberman. When was this film shot?Sugar:There are apostolic evangelicals who have sent their sons into the military. They now want their sons to utilize their skills by girding themselves for Armageddon. Apparently these Christian soldiers are now enlisting in the Israeli army. They honestly believe government is part of Satan's plan and the Obama is the Anti-Christ. AND they really want to hasten the end of the world. They want Jesus to return again to take them all home. They want to start global murder and mayhem. These are mostly American apostolic evangelicals who want WWIII. And these evangelicals were put in intelligence-sensitive government jobs under GW Bush. This is not a tinfoil fantasy either. Let me see if I can find the book and I'll post the link here.

Addie

Post by Addie » Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:30 pm

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/17yx8zt ... xlarge.jpg

Slide show at [/break1]com/5942767/in-response-to-benghazi-attack-libyans-hold-powerful-anti+terror-demonstrations/gallery/1]Gawker

In Response to Benghazi Attack, Libyans Hold Powerful Anti-Terror Demonstrations

In an effort to demonstrate that the al Qaeda-affiliated group reportedly behind the deadly attack on the US consulate in Benghazi does not represent the city's residents, many Libyans today took to the streets with signs of apology and support.

In photos posted online by Internet media outlet Libya Alhurra TV (Free Libya TV) and the Libyan Center for Documentation, citizens of Benghazi can be seen holding bilingual signs with anti-terror slogans such as "this does not represent us" and "no place for Qaeda within us."

Snapshots posted on Twitter show a similar solidarity demonstration taking place in Tripoli.

Libya's interim leader Mohammed Magarief said in a statement today that both the National Congress and the transitional government "condemn the criminal aggression," and vowed to bring the perpetrators to justice.

¡Qué vergüenza!

ducktape

Post by ducktape » Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:35 pm

The casting call also had this:

it’s ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

Compensation: no pay [/break1]mooncasting.com/us/casting-feature-desert-warrior-los-angeles/]http://www.mooncasting.com/us/casting-f ... s-angeles/

Emma

Post by Emma » Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:38 pm

[/break1]onthemedia.org/blogs/on-the-media/2012/sep/12/religious-references-innocence-muslims-dubbed/]http://www.onthemedia.org/blogs/on-the- ... ms-dubbed/One thing that is immediately evident from watching the nearly 14-minute long trailer for the film is how low the production quality is. I mean really, it is unbelievable that this movie could have cost anywhere near the reported $5 million that it took to make it. Because the production value is so atrociously low, the terrible audio and dubbing just seems par for the course. But on further inspection I noticed something: seemingly every reference to the religion of Islam in the trailer is dubbed over in post production.If you watch closely, you can see that when the actors are reading parts of the script that do not contain Islam-specific language, the audio from the sound stage is used (the audio that was recorded as the actors were simultaneously being filmed). But anytime the actors are referring to something specific to the religion (the Prophet Muhammed, the Quran, etc.) the audio recorded during filming is replaced with a poorly executed post-production dub. And if you look EVEN closer, you can see that the actors’ mouths are saying something other than what the dub is saying.Comment: If we're trying to guess at the authorship (or original content) of this thing, the crucial moment might actually be around 1:40, where the doctor character complains about U.S. authorities "wasting millions of dollars of taxpayers money," maybe suggesting the original script was from a far-right source, probably of a domestic origin...

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:47 pm

Prediction: The film was prepared by Al Qaeda.

Addie

Post by Addie » Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:50 pm

That's what I've been thinking, Sternie. These RWNJ got themselves suckered by terrorists.

¡Qué vergüenza!

Return to “► ► Breaking News ◄ ◄”