2014: Polls

Addie

Post by Addie » Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:08 am

[link]National Memo,http://www.nationalmemo.com/carville-gr ... t-the-gop/[/link]

Why Seniors Are Turning Against The GOP ...

What do seniors care about now? Our [link]Democracy Corps,http://www.democracycorps.com/[/link] July National Survey found that:

—89 percent of seniors want to protect Medicare benefits and premiums.

—87 percent of seniors want to raise pay for working women.

—79 percent of seniors think we need to expand scholarships for working adults.

—77 percent of seniors want to expand access to high-quality and affordable childcare for working parents.

—74 percent of seniors want to cut subsidies to big oil companies, agribusinesses, and multinational corporations in order to invest in education, infrastructure, and technology.

—66 percent of seniors want to expand state health insurance exchanges under Obamacare.All of these issues will be critical to the national debate as the 2014 election nears. The more seniors hear from Republicans on these and other issues, the more we can expect the GOP’s advantage among this important group to decline. And we can count on one thing in 2014: Seniors will vote.

¡Qué vergüenza!

mimi

Post by mimi » Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:56 pm

speaking of polls, public policy polling (ppp) always asks for suggestions in their polling. Like they did yesterday:PublicPolicyPolling ‏@ppppolls 8 AugI think Georgia goes in our Eclectic Poll HOF. A few hours left to get in NC question suggestions for this weekend: [/break1]publicpolicypolling.com/main/2013/08/north-carolina-question-suggestions.html]http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/main ... tions.html … If you're on the twitter machine, you can follow them (and suggest) here:[/break1]com/ppppolls]https://twitter.com/ppppollsWhoever works the twitter account also likes to play with trolls.

SPen

Post by SPen » Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:19 pm

None of the findings of that poll are groundbreaking. The problem is that Obama/Congressional Democrats will alienate a group of voters no matter what they decide to do because they're the only ones that are actually governing. Informed people get it - the GOP has come up with a strategy where they're demanding that Obama reach over and literally put his hand on their hand to make "the cuts" for them - but uninformed people aren't going to get the nuance.The combination of a debt ceiling battle and a budget battle going on simultaneously this fall is probably going to result in Obama agreeing to more harmful austerity, or even making a deal on chained-CPI or a round of Medicare benefits cuts, and from there the outcome will be as predictable as everything else that's happened: 10 seconds after the deal the GOP will laughably step back and start attacking Obama for "robbing Medicare to pay for Obamacare" again, and most seniors will believe it.

mimi

Post by mimi » Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:20 am

NC is disgusted with McCrory.McCrory continues to dropPPP's monthly North Carolina poll finds Pat McCrory's approval rating dropping for the first time into the 30s. 39% of voters approve of the job he's doing to 51% who disapprove. Independents, who supported him overwhelmingly last year, have soured and now give him poor marks by a 41/49 margin. His once respectable crossover support from Democrats is now becoming close to nonexistent at 14% approval. And even with Republicans he's down to a 69/20 spread.McCrory's signing of a controversial abortion bill and the way he's handled it is responsible for a lot of his problems. Just 27% of voters think he kept his campaign promise not to enact any further restrictions on abortion, to 50% who think he broke it. And 57% think it was inappropriate for him to give protesters cookies instead of meeting with them with just 26% thinking that was an acceptable action. Even among Republican voters only 44% consider McCrory's cookie episode to have been acceptable.Abortion's just the start of what voters are unhappy with the Republicans in control of state government about though. Just 33% say they support the budget that was passed to 52% who are opposed. And there's particular anger about the end of the sales tax holiday- 55% of voters say they disagree with that move to only 34% who think it was ok.[snip]Voters now say that if there was an election for the legislature today they would vote Democratic by a 50/41 margin, matching the largest lead we've ever found for the party on this measure.more:[/break1]publicpolicypolling.com/main/2013/08/mccrory-continues-to-drop.html]http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/main ... -drop.html

mimi

Post by mimi » Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:49 pm

If you wanna suggest a question for PPP's Louisiana and Ohio Polls, you have just a little time left:August 15, 2013Louisiana/Ohio/National Question SuggestionsLouisiana and Ohio won our vote on where to poll this weekend. The field seems pretty set for both the Louisiana Senate race and the Ohio Governor's race so let us know what other question suggestions you have for those states.We're also going to do a national poll next week. We'd love your suggestions of political questions, but we're also going to do a focus on movies with this one so would love your movie related question suggestions in particular.[/break1]publicpolicypolling.com/main/2013/08/louisianaohionational-question-suggestions.html]http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/main ... tions.html

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:29 pm

How about:Are you dumb, poor white people going to be scared by the nutjobs in the Republican Party this year and vote against your interests again?

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Post by Dr. Kenneth Noisewater » Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:44 pm

I didn't know where to put it but think it might be relevant to the 2014 Senate Race. I read this today and I was like wtf

[/break1]scribd.com/doc/161910086/PPP-Louisiana-poll-August-2013] ... ugust-2013

PPP did a recent poll in Louisiana in which the Republican sample makes you wonder how dumb these people can be.

They were asked who they thought was responsible for the Government's poor response to Hurricane Katrina.

29% Barack Obama

28% George W. Bush

44% Didn't know who to blame.

mimi

Post by mimi » Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:14 pm

One Of The Biggest Political Pollsters Has Left The Company That Bears His Last Name Over 'Disagreements'

Brett LoGiurato Aug. 22, 2013, 3:46 PM

The founder of Rasmussen Reports — one of the U.S. political world's most high-profile polling outlets — left the company last month, the company said in a statement on Thursday.

The company said that it and Scott Rasmussen, who has been a public pollster for nearly two decades, had parted ways in July over "disagreements over company business strategies."

The company said that Rasmussen's polling methodologies, which came under scrutiny during the 2012 election, will live on.Rasmussen came under scrutiny in the 2012 election for its polling, which turned out to be the fourth-least accurate of 28 firms measured. The company's polls frequently had results more favorable to Mitt Romney and other Republican candidates, in what Rasmussen later told Business Insider was a mis-identification of the electorate.more:

[/break1]businessinsider.com/scott-rasmussen-leaving-polling-company-2013-8]http://www.businessinsider.com/scott-ra ... any-2013-8

So they're gonna continue to use the same methodologies that made them a laughingstock.

SueDB

Post by SueDB » Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:19 pm

So they're gonna continue to use the same methodologies that made them a laughingstock.It looks like they enjoy that sound of battered flesh from beating their collective heads against the wall. More please!

“If You're Not In The Obit, Eat Breakfast”

Remember, Orly NEVAH disappoints!

SPen

Post by SPen » Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:51 pm

So they're gonna continue to use the same methodologies that made them a laughingstock.Quite frankly they're too stupid to do anything else.

SueDB

Post by SueDB » Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:35 am

So they're gonna continue to use the same methodologies that made them a laughingstock.Quite frankly they're too stupid to do anything else. :lol: :lol: :lol:

“If You're Not In The Obit, Eat Breakfast”

Remember, Orly NEVAH disappoints!

mimi

Post by mimi » Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:31 pm

I know some of you would have suggestions. Go leave them.

September 23, 2013

Conspiracy Theories/National Poll Question Suggestions

When we did a poll about conspiracy theories in late March we had tons of feedback from people about other theories out there that we should have tested. So this week we're going to do a second conspiracy theory poll and would love your suggestions on what else to include this time.

And of course any other question ideas for a national poll this week would be much appreciated as well...thanks as always![/break1]publicpolicypolling.com/main/2013/09/conspiracy-theoriesnational-poll-question-suggestions.html]http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/main ... tions.html

TollandRCR

Post by TollandRCR » Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:13 pm

I don't think it is responsible for a polling firm to be polling about conspiracy theories. It can only spread these theories and reinforce the idea that some of them are legitimate.

“The truth is, we know so little about life, we don’t really know what the good news is and what the bad news is.” Kurt Vonnegut

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:48 pm

Agreed.

Whatever4

Post by Whatever4 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:41 pm

What's wrong with having a little fun with a poll?I swear, the next poll call I get, I'm going to say I'm voting for a dead person. Boston primary election for mayor is tomorrow. We are 2 voters who don't miss any elections, and there are 12 candidates. We get more polls than robocalls.

"[Moderate] doesn't mean you don't have views. It just means your views aren't predictable ideologically one way or the other, and you're trying to follow the facts where they lead and reach your own conclusions."
-- Sen. King (R-ME)

Sugar Magnolia

Post by Sugar Magnolia » Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:02 pm

What's wrong with having a little fun with a poll?I swear, the next poll call I get, I'm going to say I'm voting for a dead person. Boston primary election for mayor is tomorrow. We are 2 voters who don't miss any elections, and there are 12 candidates. We get more polls than robocalls.I got a poll call today from a woman with a very strong Boston accent who talked very fast. I had to ask her 3 times to repeat what she was saying and I never did get any more than "research" and something about an "interview" I think. I finally gave up and told her I was busy and couldn't do it.

Whatever4

Post by Whatever4 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:05 pm

What's wrong with having a little fun with a poll?I swear, the next poll call I get, I'm going to say I'm voting for a dead person. Boston primary election for mayor is tomorrow. We are 2 voters who don't miss any elections, and there are 12 candidates. We get more polls than robocalls.I got a poll call today from a woman with a very strong Boston accent who talked very fast. I had to ask her 3 times to repeat what she was saying and I never did get any more than "research" and something about an "interview" I think. I finally gave up and told her I was busy and couldn't do it. =))

"[Moderate] doesn't mean you don't have views. It just means your views aren't predictable ideologically one way or the other, and you're trying to follow the facts where they lead and reach your own conclusions."
-- Sen. King (R-ME)

Addie

Post by Addie » Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:14 am

:dazed:

Political Wire

Half See GOP Control as Bad for Nation

A new CNN/ORC poll finds 50% of Americans “believe Republican control of both chambers of Congress will be bad for the country, and a majority say it will in fact cause more gridlock in Washington.”

Also interesting: 68% of Americans polled say the GOP isn’t cooperating enough with President Obama, while 57% say it’s Obama who’s not cooperating enough with the GOP.

¡Qué vergüenza!

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Post by Dr. Kenneth Noisewater » Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:49 am

Then WTF did they not vote! They see it bad and yet they just gave it to them.

Family Liberty Patriot

Post by Family Liberty Patriot » Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:55 am

Some of them did vote; but there is a lot of value in incumbency. Americans have always proclaimed "throw the bums out! (But not our bum!)"

Gerrymandering also played a big role. Bottom line, the fix is in.

"The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."

John Kenneth Galbraith (1908 - 2006)

Return to “Election 2014”