USA v Michael T. Flynn; USDC for DC; False Statements to FBI; Guilty Plea

Hercule Parrot

Re: USA v Michael T. Flynn; USDC for DC; False Statements to FBI; Guilty Plea

Post by Hercule Parrot » Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:23 am

Slartibartfast wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:12 pm
Sterngard Friegen wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:26 pm
What that means, as 'Filly opines, is that Mueller has hooked a big one at the end of his trawling line. He could have several. If so, it's "Good morning, President Ryan."
Yeah, I'm definitely starting to think that Ryan will be the 46th President of the United States.
Do we think that Ryan, McConnell and Pence etc are working on "Dump the Trump, Save the GOP" yet? Clearly risky to be a plotter, but even more risky to be left behind. So apt that "The Death of Stalin" is now showing in movie theatres, providing accessible hints and tips for the busy lickspittles.

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:40 am

Sugar Magnolia wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:55 am
MsDaisy wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:28 am
pipistrelle wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:23 pm

I can't feel sorry for someone who puts herself out there as an advocate for women who knows NOTHING about the hardships of women around the world, who puts herself out there as a woman entrepreneur when she knows nothing about entrepreneurship, and who charges poor people designer prices for stuff made in China by even poorer people while she wears her crafted #MAGA smile.
The only ones I feel sorry for are the grandchildren. This is not just having their families torn apart; this is a very public trauma that will follow them for the rest of their lives. :(
The sins of the father followed Kushner too, but that didn't seem to make any impression on him, so why would he give a shit about subjecting his own kids to it?
As far as I can tell from comments elsewhere, Kushner didn't think his father did anything wrong and has something of a vendetta out on the ones who sent him up. He really wants to follow in Daddy's footsteps, and I really think at this point he's going to get the opportunity.

The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:41 am

Hercule Parrot wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:23 am
Slartibartfast wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:12 pm
Sterngard Friegen wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:26 pm
What that means, as 'Filly opines, is that Mueller has hooked a big one at the end of his trawling line. He could have several. If so, it's "Good morning, President Ryan."
Yeah, I'm definitely starting to think that Ryan will be the 46th President of the United States.
Do we think that Ryan, McConnell and Pence etc are working on "Dump the Trump, Save the GOP" yet? Clearly risky to be a plotter, but even more risky to be left behind. So apt that "The Death of Stalin" is now showing in movie theatres, providing accessible hints and tips for the busy lickspittles.
This would assume that any of the three are that smart or have the balls, and I'm not betting on any of the above.

The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

Hercule Parrot

Post by Hercule Parrot » Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:10 am

Notorial Dissent wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:41 am
Hercule Parrot wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:23 am
This would assume that any of the three are that smart or have the balls, and I'm not betting on any of the above.
Well, that would work for me. Let them cling to the wreckage of the Shitgibbon Presidency until they are dragged down with it. Interim President John McCain please step forward and restore integrity in the White House.

(Counting unhatched chickens, I know. But it does now feel as if the end is in sight. Fingers crossed for 'Murica)

MsDaisy

Post by MsDaisy » Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:13 am

Off Topic
Is it me, or does Flynn's wife look just like him? Not to be disrespectful to Mrs Flynn, but I think they look exactly alike.
The Flynns.png
ETA Off topic
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Birfers are toast

TexasFilly

Post by TexasFilly » Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:57 am

I don't think that's Mrs. Flynn.
Edit: Maybe it is! I've seen other pictures where she looks completely different.

I love the poorly educated!!!

I believe Anita Hill!

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 5 dogs, 2 cats, the neighbor's cat, and 1 horse

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:07 am

Hercule Parrot wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:10 am
[
Well, that would work for me. Let them cling to the wreckage of the Shitgibbon Presidency until they are dragged down with it. Interim President John McCain please step forward and restore integrity in the White House.

(Counting unhatched chickens, I know. But it does now feel as if the end is in sight. Fingers crossed for 'Murica)
Not McCain. He grandstanded (grandstood?) with the health bill then voted for the tax bill which is an early inheritance for his multimillionaire daughter. He said it proceeded with "regular order". :madguy:

“I’ve been hooked since my first smell of C-4.” Linda Cox, first female Air Force Explosive Ordnance Disposal Technician, first to lead her own unit, go to war, be awarded a Bronze Star, and hold the highest enlisted rank of chief master sergeant.

Addie

Post by Addie » Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:28 am

The Hill
Trump: I’m not worried about Flynn’s guilty plea

President Trump on Saturday addressed for the first time his former national security adviser’s admission that he lied to FBI investigators about his contact with Russian officials.

“No, I’m not” worried about what Michael Flynn will tell investigators, Trump told reporters.

“What has been shown is no collusion," he said. "There’s been absolutely no collusion so we’re very happy.”

Flynn, as part of a plea deal announced Friday, has agreed to cooperate fully with special counsel Robert Mueller's investigation into Russian election interference and alleged collusion between Trump campaign officials and Moscow.

¡Qué vergüenza!

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:54 am

Addie wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:28 am
The Hill

President Trump on Saturday addressed for the first time his former national security adviser’s admission that he lied to FBI investigators about his contact with Russian officials.

“No, I’m not” worried about what Michael Flynn will tell investigators, Trump told reporters.

“What has been shown is no collusion," he said. "There’s been absolutely no collusion so we’re very happy.”

Flynn, as part of a plea deal announced Friday, has agreed to cooperate fully with special counsel Robert Mueller's investigation into Russian election interference and alleged collusion between Trump campaign officials and Moscow.
Yabbut it's the obstruction of justice that's your current problem.

Moran.

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:04 pm

Addie wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:28 am
The Hill

Yup - that's what was shown, my dear Donald, in respect to Flynn. But think about all that was *not* said in the plea agreement, all the stuff that Mueller still has to work with and that Flynn can be called for to testify.

Addie

Post by Addie » Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:06 pm

New York Times
Emails Dispute White House Claims That Flynn Acted Independently on Russia

WASHINGTON — When President Trump fired his national security adviser, Michael T. Flynn, in February, White House officials portrayed him as a renegade who had acted independently in his discussions with a Russian official during the presidential transition and then lied to his colleagues about the interactions.

But emails among top transition officials, provided or described to The New York Times, suggest that Mr. Flynn was far from a rogue actor. In fact, the emails, coupled with interviews and court documents filed on Friday, showed that Mr. Flynn was in close touch with other senior members of the Trump transition team both before and after he spoke with the Russian ambassador, Sergey I. Kislyak, about American sanctions against Russia.

While Mr. Trump has disparaged as a Democratic “hoax” any claims that he or his aides had unusual interactions with Russian officials, the records suggest that the Trump transition team was intensely focused on improving relations with Moscow and was willing to intervene to pursue that goal despite a request from the Obama administration that it not sow confusion about official American policy before Mr. Trump took office.

On Dec. 29, a transition adviser to Mr. Trump, K. T. McFarland, wrote in an email to a colleague that sanctions announced hours before by the Obama administration in retaliation for Russian election meddling were aimed at discrediting Mr. Trump’s victory. The sanctions could also make it much harder for Mr. Trump to ease tensions with Russia, “which has just thrown the U.S.A. election to him,” she wrote in the emails obtained by The Times.

It is not clear whether Ms. McFarland was saying she believed that the election had in fact been thrown. A White House lawyer said on Friday that she meant only that the Democrats were portraying it that way.

But it is evident from the emails — which were obtained from someone who had access to transition team communications — that after learning that President Barack Obama would expel 35 Russian diplomats, the Trump team quickly strategized about how to reassure Russia. The Trump advisers feared that a cycle of retaliation between the United States and Russia would keep the spotlight on Moscow’s election meddling, tarnishing Mr. Trump’s victory and potentially hobbling his presidency from the start.

¡Qué vergüenza!

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:49 pm

Addie wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:06 pm
New York Times
Emails Dispute White House Claims That Flynn Acted Independently on Russia
:snippity:
But it is evident from the emails — which were obtained from someone who had access to transition team communications — that after learning that President Barack Obama would expel 35 Russian diplomats, the Trump team quickly strategized about how to reassure Russia. The Trump advisers feared that a cycle of retaliation between the United States and Russia would keep the spotlight on Moscow’s election meddling, tarnishing Mr. Trump’s victory and potentially hobbling his presidency from the start.
Teh Donald needs no stinkin' Russian to tarnish himself, he does it all alone ....

I cannot wait to read about the real background of this circle of businessmen thinking they are politicians and the full Russian Connection.

Chilidog

Post by Chilidog » Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:14 pm

Hercule Parrot wrote:

Interim President John McCain please step forward and restore integrity in the White House.

After Paul Ryan, it's Orin Hatch. :shock: :nooo:

Slartibartfast

Post by Slartibartfast » Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:19 pm

Chilidog wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:14 pm
Hercule Parrot wrote:

Interim President John McCain please step forward and restore integrity in the White House.

After Paul Ryan, it's Orin Hatch. :shock: :nooo:
As people have said, it is unlikely to get to Ryan, let alone Hatch, before the TO gets filled out again and we have a new VP.

"Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat."
---Sun Tzu (quoting Thomas Jefferson)
nam-myoho-renge-kyo---Thomas Jefferson (quoting Slartibartfast)

Addie

Post by Addie » Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:27 pm

CBS News
Trump lawyer wrote tweet implying Trump knew Flynn lied to FBI

President Trump's personal attorney composed a tweet that implied Mr. Trump knew his former national security adviser Michael Flynn had lied to the FBI when he demanded his resignation in February, sources with direct knowledge of the situation tell CBS News.

On Saturday, a tweet from Mr. Trump's account stated that he "had to fire General Flynn because he lied to the Vice President and the FBI." Dowd was the principle wordsmith for the tweet, and it's unclear whether Mr. Trump saw the final version, sources said. The president was in between fundraisers in New York when the tweet was sent from an iPhone.

Sources acknowledged Mr. Trump's tweet was unhelpful, raising questions about what the president knew and when.

Dowd meant to convey that Flynn was fired for lying to Pence and other White House officials about his conversations with Kislyak, and "now we know" that he lied to the FBI, according to these sources. But Dowd bungled the tweet and created confusion around Mr. Trump's knowledge of events.

¡Qué vergüenza!

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:33 pm

Dowd was the principle wordsmith for the tweet,
:nope:

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:08 pm

Sterngard Friegen wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:33 pm
Dowd was the principle wordsmith for the tweet,
:nope:
I guess that makes this couple some SovCit members: Notice to agent is notice to principle. Notice to principle is notice to agent.

TexasFilly

Post by TexasFilly » Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:22 pm

Wow, the lawyer is as stupid as the client. Cobb and Dowd, what a pair!

I love the poorly educated!!!

I believe Anita Hill!

Addie

Post by Addie » Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:30 pm

Was it established that presidential tweets could serve as legal evidence by a court, or no? :confused:

¡Qué vergüenza!

Dan1100

Post by Dan1100 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:54 pm

Addie wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:30 pm
Was it established that presidential tweets could serve as legal evidence by a court, or no? :confused:
"You have the right not to tweet.
If you choose to give up that right, anything you tweet can be used against you in a court of law.
You have the right to have an attorney present during tweeting.
If you cannot afford an attorney, one will be provided for you."

"Let's say you're on trial for armed robbery. You say to the judge, 'I forgot armed robbery was illegal.' "

-Steve Martin

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle » Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:57 pm

TexasFilly wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:22 pm
Wow, the lawyer is as stupid as the client. Cobb and Dowd, what a pair!
Next thing you know, they’ll dine at a popular al fresco restaurant and be overheard by a reporter.

maydijo

Post by maydijo » Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:38 pm

I'm not buying the story that the lawyer did it. Unless he's completely incompetent (which could be the case; Trump's really good at hiring idiots) I just can't see a lawyer being that sloppy with his words. Certainly none of the lawyers here would've composed a tweet that poorly written. I think Trump did it, and he's setting up the lawyer for the fall. He does have a history of doing this (see also: the probably nonexistent person who plagiarized Melania's speech for her.)

Mikedunford

Post by Mikedunford » Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:39 pm

‘Was he pushed or did he jump’ is an interesting question, but maybe not as interesting as the privilege implications of the whole thing.

I believe that each era finds a improvement in law each year brings something new for the benefit of mankind.

--Clarence Earl Gideon

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:02 am

Are we to believe Dowd has control of Trump's Twitter account?

But we won't have to speculate. If Bob Mueller deems it relevant to his investigation he'll simply have Dowd in. And if Dowd won't come in, subpoena him before the D.C. grand jury.

Please proceed Mr. Dowd.

Return to “Courts, Law, and Legal Issues”