Rest in Peace

Chilidog

Re: Rest in Peace

Post by Chilidog » Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:19 am

Some people claim that the internet has destroyed interpersonal relationships and has caused us, as a society to become more isolated.

To some degree that might be true, but on the other hand, it creates micro communities like the Fogbow where we get to know each other, our individual strengths and weaknesses, and to both mutually celebrate our good times and grieve our bad times.

I am glad that I, and all of my friends here, were able to offer some small measure of comfort to you in this most difficult and horrible time.

realist

Post by realist » Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:42 am

MN, I’m so sorry to hear of your loss.

:bighug:

ImageX 4 ImageX36

Orlylicious

Post by Orlylicious » Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:24 pm

The Barbara Bush funeral was beautiful. A time of civility and honor and humor. It brought back an American spirit that gives hope we'll find a way back there.

Chilidog

Post by Chilidog » Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:59 pm

Verne Troyer, the actor best known for playing Mini-Me in the 'Austin Powers' movie franchise and one of the shortest men in the world, has died.

Jez

Post by Jez » Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:57 pm

Nobody here knew him, but yesterday the man who mowed our lawn passed away here at the house.
Wayne lived a hard life. He was an addict that had seemed to be turning his life around. He did odd jobs for a living. He had been doing Dawn's lawn care for about 3 years.
Yesterday he came by around 430 pm to give the lawn it's first mow of the season. We talked about half an hour, also talking about his flyers her had done. He wanted to put a garden gnome on them and I offered to make it up for him and email the PDF. About 5 I went inside to the basement to look up some line drawings, and start the file and decided to go back out and pay him before I forgot.
I found Wayne in his truck, head slumped forward, unresponsive and without a pulse.
Ran back inside, grabbed the phone, called 911 and the chaos insued. Cops, fire, EMT. All showed up within a few minutes. I helped with CPR until the fire fighters arrived and took over.
They finally took him to the hospital but he didn't make it.

I am still processing everything and I am sure I will have a complete meltdown in a couple of days. Until then I just am not sure what to feel.

Hopefully Wayne is at peace now.

I have learned silence from the talkative, toleration from the intolerant, and kindness from the unkind; yet, strange, I am ungrateful to those teachers.

~Khalil Gibran

Dolly

Post by Dolly » Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:30 pm

Jez wrote:
Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:57 pm
Nobody here knew him, but yesterday the man who mowed our lawn passed away here at the house.
So sorry for your loss, Jez.
What an intense experience for you.
R.I.P. Wayne.

Avatar by Tal Peleg Art of Makeup https://www.facebook.com/TalPelegMakeUp

Azastan

Post by Azastan » Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:56 pm

Jez wrote:
Wayne lived a hard life. He was an addict that had seemed to be turning his life around. He did odd jobs for a living. He had been doing Dawn's lawn care for about 3 years.
Yesterday he came by around 430 pm to give the lawn it's first mow of the season. We talked about half an hour, also talking about his flyers her had done. He wanted to put a garden gnome on them and I offered to make it up for him and email the PDF. About 5 I went inside to the basement to look up some line drawings, and start the file and decided to go back out and pay him before I forgot.
I found Wayne in his truck, head slumped forward, unresponsive and without a pulse.
Ran back inside, grabbed the phone, called 911 and the chaos insued. Cops, fire, EMT. All showed up within a few minutes. I helped with CPR until the fire fighters arrived and took over.

I am still processing everything and I am sure I will have a complete meltdown in a couple of days. Until then I just am not sure what to feel.

Thank you for caring for, and caring about, Wayne.

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski » Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:34 pm

Jez wrote:

How terrible. :(

Take care of yourself. :bighug:

Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

Lani

Post by Lani » Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:44 pm

It's so sweet that he had a nice chat with a friendly person who offered to help him with his flyer before he passed. And then mourned his passing. :bighug:

Insert signature here: ____________________________________________________

SLQ

Post by SLQ » Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:45 pm

I'm glad his last moments were with someone kind and caring, Jez. You did everything you could. Take care of yourself. :bighug:

maydijo

Post by maydijo » Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:52 pm

Jez, first of all, I feel I need to tell you: CPR hardly ever works. (This is according to an RN who is also a First Aid Instructor.) So please, don't feel guilty or second guess yourself.

You were there for him when he needed it. That is a tremendous gift. Thank you.

Please take care of yourself.

I am sorry for your loss. I rejoice that Wayne lived long enough to get his life back on track and overcome his demons. He was lucky to have you in his life, and you were lucky to have him in your life, too.

Slim Cognito

Post by Slim Cognito » Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:05 am

MN-Skeptic wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:11 pm
My dear husband, apparent heart attack this morning, totally unexpected. Married 41 years. Michael was just 63, retired for less than two years, looking forward to traveling and spending more time with his nephews and niece and their children.
I'm so sorry for your loss.
:bighug: :bighug: :bighug:

ImageImageImage x4

Slim Cognito

Post by Slim Cognito » Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:09 am

Jez wrote:

I'm terrible with words at times like these. In my awkward way, let me say I'm so sorry for Wayne, his family and for you.

ImageImageImage x4

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 2 dogs, 1 cat, and 1 horse

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:12 am

"The people must know before they can act, and there is no educator to compare with the press." - Ida B. Wells-Barnett, journalist, newspaper editor, suffragist, feminist and founder with others of NAACP.

WriteItDown

Post by WriteItDown » Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:32 am

realist wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:42 am
MN, I’m so sorry to hear of your loss.

I am just beyond words of sympathy to hear about this. Damn men. Why don’t they make them stronger? :cantlook:

Bloom where you're planted 🌷

WriteItDown

Post by WriteItDown » Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:35 am

Take one day at a time.

Bloom where you're planted 🌷

RVInit

Post by RVInit » Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:48 pm

Lani wrote:
Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:44 pm
It's so sweet that he had a nice chat with a friendly person who offered to help him with his flyer before he passed. And then mourned his passing. :bighug:
:thumbs: :bighug:

"I know that human being and fish can coexist peacefully"
--- George W Bush

ImageImage

Chilidog

Post by Chilidog » Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:41 am

My son's rugby coach passed away yesterday. (he coached the Augustanta club as well as Palmer)

Tiredretiredlawyer

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:01 pm

RVInit wrote:
Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:48 pm
Lani wrote:
:thumbs: :bighug:
:thumbs: :brokenheart:

"The people must know before they can act, and there is no educator to compare with the press." - Ida B. Wells-Barnett, journalist, newspaper editor, suffragist, feminist and founder with others of NAACP.

RVInit

Post by RVInit » Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:05 pm

Chilidog wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:41 am
My son's rugby coach passed away yesterday. (he coached the Augustanta club as well as Palmer)

He has a very kind face. I'm sorry for the loss, from the sound of it he was a good person who will be missed.

"I know that human being and fish can coexist peacefully"
--- George W Bush

ImageImage

Patagoniagirl

Post by Patagoniagirl » Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:25 pm

GreatGrey wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:43 am
MN-Skeptic wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:11 pm
My dear husband, apparent heart attack this morning, totally unexpected. Married 41 years. Michael was just 63, retired for less than two years, looking forward to traveling and spending more time with his nephews and niece and their children.
Horrible news, so very saddened to hear this.

As someone up thread said, let us know if there’s anything we can do.
What a shock and awful loss. I am so sorry to read this has happened. My heart goes out to you and I hope you reach out here when you feel the need. Hard to find a more loving, understanding community than TFB.

Love and hugs.

Tiredretiredlawyer

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:26 pm

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5adf ... mg00000067&
'Schoolhouse Rock' Composer Bob Dorough Dead At 94
The jazz musician also wrote classic kids songs like "Three Is a Magic Number" and "Conjunction Junction."

Jazz musician Bob Dorough, the chief composer of the “Schoolhouse Rock” cartoon series, died Monday at the age of 94.

Dorough died of natural causes at his home in Mount Bethel, Pennsylvania, according to The Associated Press.

Born in Arkansas, Dorough was able to make a living as a pianist and composer from the time he moved to New York in 1949.

Although he worked with greats like Miles Davis in the 1950s and ’60s, it was in the early 1970s with “Schoolhouse Rock” that Dorough made his biggest pop culture impact.

Maybenaut

Post by Maybenaut » Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:57 pm

Aww... I loved “I’m Just a Bill,” and the Simpson’s parody of that, “I’ an Amendment To Be”:

June bug

Post by June bug » Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:51 pm

Lani wrote:
Lani said it all with this, Jez. All I can add is another :bighug:

Sugar Magnolia

Post by Sugar Magnolia » Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:48 am

New Orleans legend Charles Neville, saxophonist for the Neville Brothers, dies at 79

http://www.theadvocate.com/new_orleans/ ... 85ad7.html

We all knew it was coming, but damn, this one hits hard. Aaron has a beautiful tribute to the "horn man" on his fb page.

Return to “Current Events”