The Fake Republic of Texas

GreatGrey

Post by GreatGrey » Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:38 pm

I see he's a "Texian by choice." What's with the "Texian" spelling? I saw it in the earlier RoT posts, too. I thought, if you were from Texas, you were a Texan.

Texian is the way it was done back in Alamo / Republic of Texas dayz, 1836-1845.

I am not "someone upthread".
Trump needs to be smashed into some kind of inedible orange pâté.

mimi

Post by mimi » Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:48 pm

Sir Tom O'Halloran @Sir_TPOHisself

@HGTomato finger printed, photographed, phone stolen, but not one questioned the .45 on my hip. very surreal...

Here's what I don't understand. The news article sez:

According to the Brazos County Sheriff’s Office, a member of the Republic of Texas lost her Kerr County home to foreclosure. That did not sit well with the militia group. So, the International Common Law Court for the Republic of Texas issued a subpoena to the district judge who signed the foreclosure.

The document ordered Melvin Rex Emerson, Jr, judge for 198th District Court, to appear before the court at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at the VFW Hall.

The Republic of Texas does not have the legal authority to issue subpoenas. Essentially, by doing so, they fabricated court documents, which is a Class A misdemeanor. Kerr County deputies were at the VFW Hall trying to determine who created the subpoena.

http://www.kbtx.com/home/headlines/Fede ... 68071.html

So a fake subpoena, issued to a judge!, in Texas is a misdemeanor, but Trussell's fake indictments are felonies?

Dallasite
Location: About 40,000 light years from the center of the Milky Way Galaxy.
Chemtrails Program
Human Factors and Behavioral Sciences Division

Post by Dallasite » Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:08 pm

Mimi, Trussell is in Florida, not Texas.

"I drank what?!?!" - Soctates, 399 BC

mimi

Post by mimi » Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:30 pm

Yeah, I realize that. I shoulda included it.

But my question remains.

GreatGrey

Post by GreatGrey » Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:34 pm

Same offense with different repercussions is nothing new.

First DWI in Alaska is a misdemeanor, in Canada its a felony.

SueDB

Post by SueDB » Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:40 pm

Smoking grass in Washington/Colorado is OK, but in Texas it's somewheres from 1 year to life.

“If You're Not In The Obit, Eat Breakfast”

Remember, Orly NEVAH disappoints!

Piffle

Post by Piffle » Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:57 pm

So a fake subpoena, issued to a judge!, in Texas is a misdemeanor, but Trussell's fake indictments are felonies?At the other end of the spectrum, serving up fake legal paperwork (e.g., simulating legal process) is not even a crime in many, many states. The trend toward passing laws against it is fairly recent, fueled largely by our sovcit friends.[Of course, even in states with no laws specifically against fake legal process, it's possible to run afoul of more traditional offenses like fraud, harrassment, etc. At present, state law differences are huge.]

TollandRCR

Post by TollandRCR » Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:19 pm

"Texian" is an archaic term for a person from Texas. It was prominently used in the John Wayne Alamo movie.

Hemisfair 1968 had the Institute of Texian Cultures, now changed to Institute of Texas Cultures. There was resistance to "Texian" even in 1968, but it might have been the original Anglo spelling. Tejano did not work for Americans responding to Mexico's open arms for immigration.

“The truth is, we know so little about life, we don’t really know what the good news is and what the bad news is.” Kurt Vonnegut

mimi

Post by mimi » Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:23 pm

Thanks for the replies.

Perhaps issuing a fake subpoena to a judge will result in new laws in Texas.

Northland10

Post by Northland10 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:34 pm

The unlimited plan with a 3GB data limit...

I need to be selling these clowns SOMETHING... Talk about gullible.

Unlimited talk and text, not data. If his conference calls were using data (streaming), that can eat up 3GB rather fast.

North-land: of the family 10
UCC 1-106 Plural is Singular, Singular is Plural.

magdalen77

Post by magdalen77 » Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:02 am

Man, I could go through 3 Gb in a few days.

Fortinbras

Post by Fortinbras » Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:10 am

Rick McLaren was not the originator of the Republic of Texas movement; he came on the scene (from Missouri) after the RoT movement had plodded on a few years just trying to pass funny money and ignore traffic ticket.

Rather clearly, if you read the newsclippings about the RoT and McLaren in particular, the movement's grasp of history was extremely shaky. For example, it was only about a year before his arrest that he "discovered" that RoT could claim a piece of Wyoming (because it had been part of the Mexican territory ceded with Texas - a fact that could have been seen instantly in the history books used in Texas primary schools). The usual RoT claim was over the dismantling of the Republic of Texas and its admission to the Union as the State of Texas in 1845 -- McLaren and other RoT members claimed it was contrary to the wishes of the Texans (Sam Austen Houston (error admitted below) the first President of the Republic became its first US Senator, and its last President became its first Governor; the smart money bets that Sam Austen had a better grasp of the situation than Rick McLaren did).

Oddly enough, McLaren himself maximized his sentence. He might have gotten off lightly on the kidnapping charge under the statutory provision about releasing the hostages in a safe environment - but at the time McLaren was also screaming into his walkie talkie (knowing that the Texas Rangers and other LEOs were listening) about firing anti-aircraft rockets at the police copter. Based on messages in his own voice the court held that he was not entitled to the safe environment mitigation. McLaren also antagonized the court by outbursts that, as ambassador (and apparently generalissimo) of the RoT, he was now declaring that the truce was over and war would resume. He will be in prison until April 2096, when he's 143 years old.

The remaining RoT members quickly disassociated themselves from McLaren's actions and, although they like to refer to him as a political prisoner, they are sketchy about the events that sent him to prison.

http://therepublicofrick.com/about/

http://www.pecos.net/news/archives/mclaren.htm

It appears that the RoT organization has disbanded. It no longer has a presence on the internet, although one or two websites advocate Texas secession.

SueDB

Post by SueDB » Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:52 am

Man, I could go through 3 Gb in a few days.

It's advertised as unlimited...yet the fine print sez it isn't...

SueDB

Post by SueDB » Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:55 am

Sam Austen

Who is Sam Austen???

I think you are confabulating Sam Houston and Steven Austin two very different figures in Texas history.

realist

Post by realist » Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:03 am

(Sam Austen, the first President of the Republic became its first US Senator, and its last President became its first Governor; the smart money bets that Sam Austen had a better grasp of the situation than Rick McLaren did).

Sam "Houston" was the first president of the Republic of TX following the victory at San Jacinto.

ImageX 4 (have met 36 Obots at meetups) Image X 4

ZekeB

Post by ZekeB » Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:09 am

Sam "Houston" was the first president of the Republic of TX following the victory at San Jacinto.

Sam Houston was removed from office because he did not support secession. I'm wondering at which point Texans began to view him as a hero again.

Vím o prasatech hodně zajímavých věcí.

Žluté vlasy se k oranžové tváři nehodí.

SueDB

Post by SueDB » Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:15 am

Stephen Austin was the American that brought the Americans to Texas in the 1820's as settlers for the new Mexico. The Americans had other ideas about whether they wanted to stay Mexican citizens or not. He started the American Texas colony in eastern Texas.

TollandRCR

Post by TollandRCR » Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:18 am

Stephen F. Austin, son of Moses Austin

“The truth is, we know so little about life, we don’t really know what the good news is and what the bad news is.” Kurt Vonnegut

Family Liberty Patriot

Post by Family Liberty Patriot » Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:52 pm

Not to be confused with Steve Austin, a man barely alive.

"The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."

John Kenneth Galbraith (1908 - 2006)

Kriselda Gray
Location: FEMA Camp 2112 - a joint project of the U.S. and Canada

Post by Kriselda Gray » Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:58 pm

Stephen Austin was the American that brought the Americans to Texas in the 1820's as settlers for the new Mexico. The Americans had other ideas about whether they wanted to stay Mexican citizens or not. He started the American Texas colony in eastern Texas.

Send some 150 years later, they named the $6 Million Dollar Man after him, right? :mrgreen:
Edit: ETA: Dammit, CDF! Ya beat me to it. :(

Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand... - "Witch Hunt" by Rush

SCMP = SovCits/Militias/Patriots.

Thor promised to slay the Ice Giants
God promised to quell all evil
-----
I'm not seeing any Ice Giants...

GreatGrey

Post by GreatGrey » Sat Feb 21, 2015 3:03 pm

Stephen F. Austin, my high school.

magdalen77

Post by magdalen77 » Sat Feb 21, 2015 3:07 pm

Wait, isn't there a wrestler called "Stone Cold Steve Austin"? Not the same guy, I suspect. =))

ZekeB

Post by ZekeB » Sat Feb 21, 2015 3:10 pm

At least he didn't kill Miss Elizabeth. Those bastards.

Vím o prasatech hodně zajímavých věcí.

Žluté vlasy se k oranžové tváři nehodí.

Fortinbras

Post by Fortinbras » Sat Feb 21, 2015 3:51 pm

I stand corrected. Sam Houston was first President of the Republic of Texas, then, after admission, first US senator for Texas. Removed from office in 1861 for not supporting the Confederate secession, he died in 1863. Well, I am sure he understood Texas statehood better than McLaren.

I also stand corrected on whether the RoT movement is dead and buried. They even make trouble inside VFW halls! Quatloos had a clipping from a Texas newspaper this week that shows that the RoT still is making trouble in 2015:

The following appeared in the San Antonio Express News, Feb. 19, 2015:

Republic of Texas Secessionist Meeting Raided

KERRVILLE — Investigators looking into phony court summonses issued to a judge and lawyer here are examining computers, phones and other items seized from Republic of Texas “citizens” last weekend.

Local, state and federal officers interrupted a monthly meeting of about 60 adherents of the secessionist group Saturday at a Veterans of Foreign Wars hall in Bryan, collecting the items under a search warrant.

No one was arrested and no charges have been filed. Authorities said they were investigating alleged fraud aimed at state District Judge Rex Emerson and Bill Arnold, a lawyer. Arnold defended a title company against a Republic of Texas member’s lawsuit in Emerson’s court in Kerrville.

David J. Kroupa, a chiropractor from Katy — in his claimed capacity as chief justice of the international Common Law Court for the Republic of Texas — had issued writs of “quo warranto” and “mandamus” for Emerson on Jan. 21 and a subpoena for Arnold on Jan. 23, ordering them to appear at hearings in Bryan.

“It went real well,” Kerr County Sheriff Rusty Hierholzer said of the operation that included the FBI, the Texas Attorney General’s office, Bryan police and Brazos County deputies. “There was a lot of what I would call discontent, but no physical resistance.”

The group’s president, John H. Jarnecke of Gillespie County, called the search a fishing expedition. He said officers photographed, fingerprinted and confiscated belongings of numerous members even though only two are accused of wrongdoing.

“I think they went totally overboard,” he said Thursday. “How is it that a supposedly free people can be subjected to intimidating, rough and highly intrusive search and seizure when assembling lawfully and peaceably?”

Kroupa issued the summonses in reaction to a foreclosure case involving Sue Cammack that was litigated in Kerr County, authorities said. Jarnecke said Cammack is a Republic of Texas member from Hunt, a town in Kerr County.

Emerson had granted a summary judgment last June in favor of Fidelity Abstract & Title Co., which Cammack had sued and which Arnold represented, court records show.

Neither Cammack nor Kroupa could be reached. Emerson and Arnold each declined comment.

The summons for Emerson called on him to appear at the VFW Hall with “proof of his authority for executing his claimed powers involving a foreign entity for the revenue collection of a private woman’s private funds without permission or lawful authority.”

The document sent to Arnold accuses him of using the threat of foreclosure to try to collect from Cammack on a forged contract, conspire to take her home and life savings and disrupt her peaceful way of life.

Jarnecke, 72, said he wasn’t familiar with specific details of the underlying dispute.

“I know that Susie Cammack has had some difficulties with various people in Kerr County in the past few years and they figured out they could file the quo warranto and writ of mandamus,” he said.

A sworn affidavit filed by Kerr County deputy Jeff McCoy in support of the search warrant alleges that Cammack, 53, and Kroupa, 59, committed the misdemeanor of simulating legal process.

The state penal code’s fraud section makes it a crime to recklessly cause to be delivered to another “any document that simulates a summons, complaint, judgment, or other court process with the intent to induce payment of a claim from another person; or cause another to submit to the putative authority of the document.”

If charges are brought in the case, they could be filed in Kerr County or Brazos County, said Assistant Kerr County Attorney Ilse Bailey.

The search warrant issued Feb. 12 by state District Judge Keith Williams authorized collection of fingerprints, photos and DNA swabs from those at the VFW hall to prevent anyone from providing a false identity to authorities.

It also authorized officers to seize computers, cell phones and paper documents “relevant to, or which describe criminal conduct or suspected criminal activity.”

McCoy posed as a meeting guest before signaling other officers outside the VFW hall, which led to “a four-hour ordeal,” Jarnecke said.

“There probably will be a lot more harassment as we move forward in international court towards getting our independence back for Texas,” he said.

Hierholzer responded, “I don’t have any problem with them pursuing secession through legal channels, but they can’t just automatically create their own country and not abide by the laws of the United States and this state.”

SueDB

Post by SueDB » Sat Feb 21, 2015 3:55 pm

Even when you stake them to a coffin, cut the head off & stuff it with garlic, then ...

It's always bad timing for a bad idea.

Return to “Sovereign Citizens, Private Militias, and Citizen Grand Juries”