Terrastomp

Re: The Fake Republic of Texas

Post by Terrastomp » Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:13 am

and easy access to Blue Bell ice cream

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:23 am

SueDB wrote:
JohnPCapitalist wrote:I saw that nobody has checked up recently on the political LARPers at the pretend Republic of Texas so I thought I'd take a quick gander at their web site.

They're having a "joint session of congress" on Saturday, March 11 in Brenham, TX, which is a small city about halfway between Houston and Austin. Not a bad choice because it's roughly equidistant to the San Antonio, Austin and Houston membership, but it's a bit inconvenient for the North Texas contingent.

Interestingly, the meeting will be held at a place called The Cannery Kitchen. A few seconds of Google-fu reveals that Cannery Kitchen is actually a soup kitchen run by a local religious charity. It functions as a publicly accessible restaurant as well, with revenue from paying customers subsidizing meals for the needy. I wonder what the board of the charity would think about potential image problems that might result from hosting an organization that was raided by the FBI in 2015 as part of a domestic terrorism sweep. The Cannery Kitchen folks might also be intrigued by the history of the group's then-leader Richard L. McLaren, who in 1997 following a kidnapping and a string of typical SovCit financial frauds, was apprehended after a week-long armed standoff and is now serving 99 years in the federal pen.

I'm suspecting that the Republic of Texas geezer brigade is enthusiastic about this sort of restaurant, not because they like hanging around with poor people (well, people that are broker than they are, anyway), but because it's got an all-you-can-eat buffet. It's a way better deal than trying to make one of those cheap senior breakfasts at Denny's with one egg, one stick of bacon, one sausage plus toast and hash browns last for three or four hours of pontificating. The December meeting was at a buffet that is part of a mega-truck stop just west of Ft. Worth... I sense a trend.
Except Denny's sells liqueur and Lone Star Long Necks.
A bad combination with sovcits in general and sovcit political LARPers in particular.

The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

SueDB

Post by SueDB » Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:10 am

Long necks for Rednecks as "they" say down south.

“If You're Not In The Obit, Eat Breakfast”

Remember, Orly NEVAH disappoints!

Sugar Magnolia

Post by Sugar Magnolia » Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:12 am

SueDB wrote:Except Denny's sells liqueur and Lone Star Long Necks.
Holy crap! Where did you find a Denny's that sells booze? I'd be up for a Grand Slam if I could have a bloody mary with it.

SueDB

Post by SueDB » Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:20 am

Sugar Magnolia wrote:
Holy crap! Where did you find a Denny's that sells booze? I'd be up for a Grand Slam if I could have a bloody mary with it.
Those meeting that Foggy talks about at Denny's by the ultra fruit loop factions are done in the bar. Florida -
After Washington changed liqueur laws (no bars - cabarets as 60% of your profit had to come from food + Taverns for wine/beer only). Now everyone sells booze - even Costco (Costco has it's own brands).

Sugar Magnolia

Post by Sugar Magnolia » Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:40 am

SueDB wrote:
Sugar Magnolia wrote:
Those meeting that Foggy talks about at Denny's by the ultra fruit loop factions are done in the bar. Florida -
After Washington changed liqueur laws (no bars - cabarets as 60% of your profit had to come from food + Taverns for wine/beer only). Now everyone sells booze - even Costco (Costco has it's own brands).
Pretty sure there is no Denny's anywhere that serves alcohol. They're like a Waffle House or IHOP, and "seated at the bar" means sitting at the counter. I've been in Denny's from FL to TX and never saw so much as a beer.

SueDB

Post by SueDB » Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:45 am

At least two in WA - Pullman and Issaquah serve booze. Olympia did before they closed and became buffalo wild wings.

https://secretmenus.com/dennys/happy-hour/

https://www.tripadvisor.com/LocationPho ... orida.html
Denny's in Fort Meyer, Fla.
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer

Estiveo

Post by Estiveo » Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:30 am

There's at least one Denny's in silicon valley with a bar. I used to go there with friends for a cheap meal and a few drinks before we'd go to a movie.

"Cosmic apotheosis wears off faster than salvia." --Rick Sanchez

boots

Post by boots » Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:41 pm

Sugar Magnolia wrote:
SueDB wrote:
Sugar Magnolia wrote: Holy crap! Where did you find a Denny's that sells booze? I'd be up for a Grand Slam if I could have a bloody mary with it.
Pretty sure there is no Denny's anywhere that serves alcohol. They're like a Waffle House or IHOP, and "seated at the bar" means sitting at the counter. I've been in Denny's from FL to TX and never saw so much as a beer.
incorrect! The Denny's in Seal Beach CA has a fully stocked bar. I've seen at least one other but can't recall where. Suitable for a court of appeal!

Grumpy Old Guy

Post by Grumpy Old Guy » Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:23 pm

Hey guys, let's get back to the topic.

John P was pointing out that the Texas mobility scooter secessionist brigade is moving around, very possibly because each new host asks them not to come back.

Edit: The Texas Nationalist Movement seems better organized.

boots

Post by boots » Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:42 pm

The beer selection is definitely below-par.

JohnPCapitalist
Occupation: Investment management in the financial industry. Deep knowledge of stocks, tech and economics.

Post by JohnPCapitalist » Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:12 pm

Grumpy Old Guy wrote:Hey guys, let's get back to the topic.

John P Was pointing out that the Texas mobility scooter secessionist brigade is moving around, very possibly because each new host asks them not to come back.

Edit: The Texas Nationalist Movement seems better organized.
My thought was that they're moving around because they want to share the travel burden -- if the meetings were in Houston all the time, the Dallas folks will feel disadvantaged, etc. With the exception of the meeting where they got raided in 2015, I don't think this is an unruly bunch on the lines of that biker rumble in 2015 at the Twin Peaks restaurant in Waco where a couple people got killed and hundreds got busted. Unless of course you're talking about Hoveround scooter bumper cars when scrambling for more sausage in the buffet line.

I think the correct angle to get the meeting thrown out of the charity venue where it's scheduled would be the embarrassment of finding out you're sponsoring a secessionist group, not that far removed from sponsoring a KKK chapter, which most churches wouldn't really want to be seen as doing (though I'm sure some would be fine with it).

Which brings me to an observation: I filled out a comment at the web site of the parent organization of the Cannery Kitchen, faithmission.us, about the potential reputational risk of doing this, but (unsurprisingly) didn't hear back. If anyone, particularly a Texas resident, were to call them, it might produce more results. The executive director is Randy Wells, and the phone is 979-830-1488. Even a brief, articulate and well-reasoned voicemail expressing concern would probably get more notice than a comment left at a generic comment mailbox.

I dropped a dime to the Houston Chronicle and the Austin American Statesman about the meeting and pitched a story on it as a potential bellwether of secessionist sentiments in the Trump era. Either the charity hosting this meeting thinks the political climate will allow them to host something that formerly would either damage their brand and/or cost them government funding, or the Texas Republic LARPers are thinking they are mainstream and can thus meet with impunity in a facility that would previously have thrown them out. I doubt this will produce anything but it's worth a try -- much easier to get a story placed if I have some personal relationship there but I don't.

Grumpy Old Guy

Post by Grumpy Old Guy » Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:26 pm

I am sure the possibility of being raided would turn off many host organizations.

The Cannery Kitchen Mission is there for vulnerable people who would likely be upset if there was a similar raid on their facility.

mmmirele

Post by mmmirele » Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:01 pm

Sugar Magnolia wrote: Pretty sure there is no Denny's anywhere that serves alcohol. They're like a Waffle House or IHOP, and "seated at the bar" means sitting at the counter. I've been in Denny's from FL to TX and never saw so much as a beer.
There used to be a Denny's on the SE corner of Dobson and Main in Mesa, AZ that had a bar on one side of it. It is currently a car title loan shop. I would prefer to have the Denny's back.

ETA: as a former resident of Houston and Austin, I would suggest hitting the weekly papers, the Houston Press and the Austin Chronicle. They might be more interested than the regular papers.

magdalen77

Post by magdalen77 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:43 pm

Sugar Magnolia wrote:
SueDB wrote:
Sugar Magnolia wrote: Holy crap! Where did you find a Denny's that sells booze? I'd be up for a Grand Slam if I could have a bloody mary with it.
Yeah, they don't serve alcohol in PA either. Darn few diner type places do. It's hard to get a liquor license in PA.

Grumpy Old Guy

Post by Grumpy Old Guy » Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:06 pm

Bet you did not know that Texas was under military occupation, since the civil war.

I do not have the patience to sit through it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ztqeyphmSU

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:53 pm

I'll go you one better, bet I don't care!!!!

The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:54 pm

Grumpy Old Guy wrote:Bet you did not know that Texas was under military occupation, since the civil war.

I do not have the patience to sit through it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ztqeyphmSU
I didn't know that The Hague Convention goes back to prior the American Civil War :lol:

JohnPCapitalist
Occupation: Investment management in the financial industry. Deep knowledge of stocks, tech and economics.

Post by JohnPCapitalist » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:30 pm

According to pretend judge Anna, the pretend Republic of Texas has finally cracked the code.

In a post that goes a little nuts with the fonts and underlining (unusual for pretend judge Anna who at least avoids the temptations of 1996 MySpace web page design), she says that the Republic of Texas has figured out a bulletproof way to win in any court in the land by challenging jurisdiction. And they've managed to beat the IRS!
We had such a response-- and the Republic of Texas had such a response-- to my update on Progress that included my recap of their teleconference and new method of dealing with IRS claims, that we are publishing their next teleconference information for those interested in attending:
Public welcome.

Will have updated training to answer your questions on Jurisdiction Only.

Subjects to cover concerning Municipal Courts, JP Courts, County Courts, State district Courts, Federal Tax Courts and others called Kangaroo courts all with or without JURISDICTION.

Please, no other subjects discussed. Our time is too valuable for so many folks that finally wish to WIN and not play the same old losing games we all have played for the last 20 years plus.

Expect to hear some success on different subjects.
Date Tuesday January 23rd, 2018
Time 7:30 PM CDT
Special Guest to be present for training.
Guest Specialty is Jurisdiction, Jurisdiction, Jurisdiction only.

Grumpy Old Guy

Post by Grumpy Old Guy » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:36 pm

I saw that too. Of course, Anna does not cite any cases that the wheelchair and walker brigade won.

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:02 pm

I find that entertaining, since last I heard, a good portion of the Republic of Texas crowd were waiting sentencing on a variety of charges brought by the real state of Texas. Then Anna von froot loop never lets reality intrude on her fantasies anyway.

JohnPCapitalist

Post by JohnPCapitalist » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:34 pm

Notorial Dissent wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:02 pm
I find that entertaining, since last I heard, a good portion of the Republic of Texas crowd were waiting sentencing on a variety of charges brought by the real state of Texas. Then Anna von froot loop never lets reality intrude on her fantasies anyway.
And rich fantasies they are. Back in November, the works-for-sure magic was supposed to be from Russell-Jay: Gould, an acolyte of OCD language loon David-Wynn: Miller. A couple days ago, the only magic you needed was from the Michigan General Jural Assembly, a grown-up student government group with about five members. Now it's the geriatric crank brigade from Texas.

Well, at least there is some consistency in pretend judge Anna's loyalties: she hasn't gone back and endorsed pretend judge Bruce Doucette and company. Recall that she parted company with them after they fired pretend chief marshal Tresa Haywood early in 2017 after the meltdown with the pretend marshal op in New Mexico.

Northland10

Post by Northland10 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:23 pm

JohnPCapitalist wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:34 pm
A couple days ago, the only magic you needed was from the Michigan General Jural Assembly, a grown-up student government group with about five members.
His little Jural Assembly has not proven very helpful yet. He has a trial scheduled in the beginning of February or the beginning of March (the court entries say both so I am not sure, maybe the charges are being done separately). There is a gag order in effect but I doubt that would keep him from babbling to his little group.

North-land: of the family 10
UCC 1-106 Plural is Singular, Singular is Plural.

JohnPCapitalist

Post by JohnPCapitalist » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:34 pm

Northland10 wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:23 pm
JohnPCapitalist wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:34 pm
A couple days ago, the only magic you needed was from the Michigan General Jural Assembly, a grown-up student government group with about five members.
His little Jural Assembly has not proven very helpful yet. He has a trial scheduled in the beginning of February or the beginning of March (the court entries say both so I am not sure, maybe the charges are being done separately). There is a gag order in effect but I doubt that would keep him from babbling to his little group.
I don't think Ted Visner is the leader of this tiny little band, so Ted's pending troubles shouldn't affect their operation. I think the head of this the pretend "MGJA" is a guy named Destry Payne, and there's another guy named David Nagy whose name is on some correspondence. Not sure how many other members they have, since I'm not motivated to listen to their conference calls.

Northland10

Post by Northland10 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:38 pm

Speaking of the Fake Republic and their legal troubles, one of their representatives (or former since I cannot find her anywhere on their government lists), Susan Rebecca Cammack, has been trying to stop the foreclosure and not an eviction from a house. In poking around google, and the many cases that pop up, I noticed she had filed in the Western District of Texas called, Copyright of Susan Rebecca Cammack Cestui Que Vie Trust E/State. The docket listing (I did not go to pacer to see more):
NOTICE of Filing Common Law/International Law Copyright of All Biometrics of the Live Sentient Being Known and Described As: susan-rebecca: (of the cammack clan/family) the Executor, Living Beneficiary, Donor of the Susan Rebecca Cammack Cestui Que Vie Trust/Estate #449115630, CUSIP Number 449 11-5630 by Susan Rebecca(afd)
Edit: I think her supposed magical "CUSIP" number is actually another number she had received many years ago. 449 is the giveaway.

North-land: of the family 10
UCC 1-106 Plural is Singular, Singular is Plural.

Return to “Sovereign Citizens, Private Militias, and Citizen Grand Juries”