Gavin Seim

Pompeed

Re: Gavin Seim

Post by Pompeed » Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:46 pm

Flatpointhigh wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:29 pm
Kendra wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:01 pm
I am voting that he's not going to show up.
:yeah:

Do we have a pool going on this?

Who is taking odds?

We might as well have as much fun at his expense as we can.

RVInit

Post by RVInit » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:10 pm

Poll just created. :lol: See Active Topics.

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=10326#top

"I know that human being and fish can coexist peacefully"
--- George W Bush

chefboyardont

Post by chefboyardont » Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:56 pm

Well all right, I guess I've been lurking long enough - time to add my two cents.

Of course, Gavin will show up in court on Friday. He can't afford to upset the grifting apple cart, it's probably his chief source of income. All of these dramatic videos that he's been posting of evil toll booths and defective trailer slide-out repairs have been recorded at least a week in advance of their YouTube broadcasts. So, while he's giving people the impression that he's presently down south of the border marching for liberty to the beat of the Green Apple Quick Step from all of the questionable milk he's been drinking, in all likelihood he's sitting in his living room conferring with a lawyer who's advising him on how to effectively represent himself "pro se." So, he'll swoop into court of Friday, dazzle the crowd with his formidable legal prowess, and the poor gullible retirees will have no choice but to fork over their Social Security checks for "the cause."

Sorry in advance for the run-on sentences, it's something I'm working on.

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 5 dogs, 2 cats, the neighbor's cat, and 1 horse

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:06 pm

chefboyardont wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:56 pm
Well all right, I guess I've been lurking long enough - time to add my two cents.

Of course, Gavin will show up in court on Friday. He can't afford to upset the grifting apple cart, it's probably his chief source of income. All of these dramatic videos that he's been posting of evil toll booths and defective trailer slide-out repairs have been recorded at least a week in advance of their YouTube broadcasts. So, while he's giving people the impression that he's presently down south of the border marching for liberty to the beat of the Green Apple Quick Step from all of the questionable milk he's been drinking, in all likelihood he's sitting in his living room conferring with a lawyer who's advising him on how to effectively represent himself "pro se." So, he'll swoop into court of Friday, dazzle the crowd with his formidable legal prowess, and the poor gullible retirees will have no choice but to fork over their Social Security checks for "the cause."

Welcome! Bien venidos! Love your name!

“I’ve been hooked since my first smell of C-4.” Linda Cox, first female Air Force Explosive Ordnance Disposal Technician, first to lead her own unit, go to war, be awarded a Bronze Star, and hold the highest enlisted rank of chief master sergeant.

RVInit

Post by RVInit » Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:21 pm

chefboyardont wrote:

Of course, Gavin will show up in court on Friday. He can't afford to upset the grifting apple cart, it's probably his chief source of income. All of these dramatic videos that he's been posting of evil toll booths and defective trailer slide-out repairs have been recorded at least a week in advance of their YouTube broadcasts.
:snippity:
Welcome! :wave:

I was thinking the same thing as far as the time line goes. I don't believe he's uploading those videos the same day he made them, either. Unless he is live streaming nothing prevents him from taking footage on Monday of last week and uploading it on Friday. Just because it's uploaded on Friday doesn't mean it was taken on that day. I think it's a matter of whether he is more chicken (will show up) or is he more stoopid (won't show up). I'm thinking he's more chicken than he is stoopid. Of course, I could be wrong.

Head over to the voting thread if you haven't already weighed in on the poll (yes or no Seim will show up) viewtopic.php?f=26&t=10326

--- George W Bush

Techno Luddite

Post by Techno Luddite » Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:41 pm

chefboyardont wrote:

Not that you're necessarily wrong, because as one person pointed out already, this is a great battle between stupid and chicken, and it isn't sure which will prevail.

But I think that your hypothesis goes against many things that the Gav is opposed to - taking advice from actual trained professionals, showing up when appropriate and being accountable, etc.

The typical approach of these types is to not have any clue what lies down the road, or around the corner, if they try their "you're not the boss of me" antics in court. Gavin may think he can get away with not showing. He just might be that stupid.

After all, the following pretty much sums up this escapade;

Court: We'd like to give you due process. Please tell us your position on this issue with your phone.

Gavin: How dare you force due process on me and ask that I speak to my position! This is tyranny! I'm going to run away to Mexico!

So, yes, he just might be that stupid. :-D

Pompeed

Post by Pompeed » Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:44 pm

RVInit wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:10 pm
Poll just created. :lol: See Active Topics.

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=10326#top

Pool, not poll!

But poll is OK too! :lol:

Dolly

Post by Dolly » Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:48 pm

Gavin Seim for Liberty was live.
21 hrs ·
Real Mexico. Tourist districts vs street districts.

In the beginning, Gabbin says he is in Tlaquepaque (I think that is what he said or meant), which is on the outskirts of Guadalajara.

Around the 3 minute mark, his brother Nathan appears and says "the prosecutors showed up and said they are going to introduce privileged attorney-client phone calls into evidence".

There was this recent article about phone calls but I don't see where the prosecutors plan to use them.
Prosecutors shared recorded attorney-client jail phone calls with defense in NV Bunkerville case
Updated Dec 5, 3:20 PM; Posted Dec 5, 3:17 PM
http://www.oregonlive.com/oregon-stando ... ed_at.html
I think the video begins with Gabbin in front of El Parian De San Pedro Tlaquepaque. The video was posted yesterday, December 5 and syncs with the OLive article.

Main sights
Tlaquepaque features El Parián, a large plaza flanked by columned arcades and surrounded by restaurants and bars
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tlaquepaque

ETA: GAH!! Gabbin had another post about the jail phone calls.
Gavin Seim for Liberty
8 hrs ·
This crime alone calls for total dismissal of all charges. These thugs know they will not be held to answer. The judges and the cops are with them so they can do as they please in the USA. As long as our people tolerate #blueISIS there can be no freedom.

http://www.oregonlive.com/oregon-stando ... ed_at.html
<same link I posted above>

Avatar by Tal Peleg Art of Makeup https://www.facebook.com/TalPelegMakeUp

Dolly

Post by Dolly » Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:57 pm

FWIW - I haven't watched it yet.

Gavin Seim for Liberty was live.
6 hrs ·
The Mexican government is trying to copy the USA. But the people here are not sitting idle.

ETA:
They are with Ramon.

I re-watched the toll booth protest video that was posted on Gabbin's Facebook.
The man wearing a straw hat (instead of the Youtube video of the guy wearing a baseball cap) was introduced as Ramon.
Same Ramon maybe?

RVInit

Post by RVInit » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:16 pm

Wouldn't it be funny if Gavvy got swept up in some kind of a police action in Mexico and had to reach out to the ultra corrupt American Embassy for help? :lol:

Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.

--- George W Bush

maydijo

Post by maydijo » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:20 pm

RVInit wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:16 pm
Wouldn't it be funny if Gavvy got swept up in some kind of a police action in Mexico and had to reach out to the ultra corrupt American Embassy for help? :lol:
Assuming he doesn't come back and instead becomes a fugitive - let's see how well it'd work, applying to the Embassy for help! They'd help him alright, right back to a jail cell in Euphrates.

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:25 pm

Running out of time...

RVInit

Post by RVInit » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:26 pm

maydijo wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:20 pm
RVInit wrote:
Assuming he doesn't come back and instead becomes a fugitive - let's see how well it'd work, applying to the Embassy for help! They'd help him alright, right back to a jail cell in Euphrates.
I'm wondering if the Ephrata PD would pay Mexico just to keep him there. Or pay them to lose the paperwork a whole buncha times and delay his return.

--- George W Bush

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:30 pm

I imagine all of Grant County is enjoying this respite and hoping it's permanent.

maydijo

Post by maydijo » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:39 pm

RVInit wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:26 pm
maydijo wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:20 pm
RVInit wrote:
I'm wondering if the Ephrata PD would pay Mexico just to keep him there. Or pay them to lose the paperwork a whole buncha times and delay his return.
If they started a Go Fund me I'm sure they could raise the money in half an hour

RVInit

Post by RVInit » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:43 pm

Kendra wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:30 pm
I imagine all of Grant County is enjoying this respite and hoping it's permanent.
:thumbs:
hes dumb if he thinks they care, it's a double bonus for them if he doesn't show. Good riddance, then when he does come back, he gets an additional charge.

--- George W Bush

TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:03 pm

If Gavin is out of town, but the local news media keeps talking about him, is he really gone?

(Wow, that's a philosophical question for modern times.)

Siegfried Shrink

Post by Siegfried Shrink » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:18 pm

I don't have much idea how these things work inthe USA but if he did not turn up, would he not be tried in absentia and fined $2000 which just happens to be his bond, so they'd keep the cash and consider it closed. It cannot be the most important thing they have to deal with and I think they''d rather not see him again.

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 5 dogs, 2 cats, the neighbor's cat, and 1 horse

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:26 pm

Siegfried Shrink wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:18 pm
I don't have much idea how these things work inthe USA but if he did not turn up, would he not be tried in absentia and fined $2000 which just happens to be his bond, so they'd keep the cash and consider it closed. It cannot be the most important thing they have to deal with and I think they''d rather not see him again.
Assuming Washington state courts are like Arkansas's, an arrest warrant would be issued for his failure to appear. The bond would be forfeited and his bail bondsman will be really pissed because s/he now has to pay whatever the difference is between the $2,000 and the percentage Gavin paid her/him. (See Stephanie Plum bounty hunter.)

If Gavin had a cash bond it goes to the court, but is not applied to any fine. It is now the Court's money however that is designated. Any fine would be in addition to the bond. The bond's purpose is to ENCOURAGE the defendant to appear so he won't lose his money.

“I’ve been hooked since my first smell of C-4.” Linda Cox, first female Air Force Explosive Ordnance Disposal Technician, first to lead her own unit, go to war, be awarded a Bronze Star, and hold the highest enlisted rank of chief master sergeant.

JohnPCapitalist
Occupation: Investment management in the financial industry. Deep knowledge of stocks, tech and economics.

Post by JohnPCapitalist » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:53 pm

Siegfried Shrink wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:18 pm
1. As I understand it, you don't try someone in absentia unless they walk out during the trial. They won't start a trial with an empty chair. But if you flee in the middle of the trial, they can. Not sure whether they always do.

2. The bond can be paid several ways. In most states, you can hire a "bail bond" agent that will loan you the $2,000 for a fee typically 10% of the amount of the bail. If you don't show up, the bail money is forefeit. And the bail bond agent can send a private individual after you called a "bounty hunter" to track you down and bring you back. You have to pay for that as well as reimburse the bail bondsman for the bond that you screwed up.

3. The court will issue a warrant for your arrest if you don't show up for your trial. Failure to appear for a court proceeding is a separate crime for whatever you were charged with, and if you are caught after having failed to appear, your sentence for that will be added to your sentence if you're convicted to the original crime. I believe that in some circumstances, the prosecutors can bring up the fact that you fled as evidence of a guilty conscience, but I'm not sure.

If you fail to appear with relatively minor charges like Gavin's, the court will issue a warrant but they won't try too hard to track you down and bring you back. For a serious felony, they'll try a little harder.

That said, if Gavin is in Mexico, and an arrest warrant gets issued, these days, the border guards are probably a lot more aggressive about grabbing people with outstanding warrants of any kind at the border. Depending on the lag time to post warrants to federal computer systems, the feds might know about a warrant for Gavin just a few days after it's issued.

I have to believe that Gavin is sufficiently despised by his local PD and court system that they will make sure they get the warrant to the feds as soon as possible. Court filings have indicated that the police are well acquainted with the content on Gav's Facebook page, so it is likely that they're well aware that Gavin is on the lam south of the border and would be delighted to have Gav be a guest of the feds while they figure out if they want to spend the $$ to bring him back to Ephrata in handcuffs.

Azastan

Post by Azastan » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:57 pm

JohnPCapitalist wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:53 pm

I have to believe that Gavin is sufficiently despised by his local PD and court system that they will make sure they get the warrant to the feds as soon as possible. Court filings have indicated that the police are well acquainted with the content on Gav's Facebook page, so it is likely that they're well aware that Gavin is on the lam south of the border and would be delighted to have Gav be a guest of the feds while they figure out if they want to spend the $$ to bring him back to Ephrata in handcuffs.
I think they would find that to be an absolutely lovely way to bring back that wandering albatross.

Maybenaut

Post by Maybenaut » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:24 pm

Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.

Dolly

Post by Dolly » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:35 pm

Off Topic
Gabbin made such a big deal about the street food in Mexico.
This is a recent post on a local San Diego area Facebook group that I follow.
Sandi xxxxxx
27 mins
Happy Holidays Jamul
Making some Home made tamales hot and ready for delivery this Sunday morning anyone interested in placing orders ?
$2
Red pork chili
Corn,cheese & greenchili
#raisingmoneyforchristmas

TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:20 am

Azastan wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:57 pm
JohnPCapitalist wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:53 pm
I have to believe [Ephrata] would be delighted to have Gav be a guest of the feds while they figure out if they want to spend the $$ to bring him back to Ephrata in handcuffs.
I think they would find that to be an absolutely lovely way to bring back that wandering albatross.
Oh, I don't know about that. The Town of Ephrata needs to be absolutely certain that collecting Gavin from federal prison would be a good use of their government's limited funds. I think they need to have several town meetings before they can decide. And the first available date is... (checking calendar) April. :mrgreen:

Azastan

Post by Azastan » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:23 am

TheNewSaint wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:20 am

Oh, I don't know about that. The Town of Ephrata needs to be absolutely certain that collecting Gavin from federal prison would be a good use of their government's limited funds. I think they need to have several town meetings before they can decide. And the first available date is... (checking calendar) April. :mrgreen:
I didn't say it had to be any time soon...

Return to “Sovereign Citizens, Private Militias, and Citizen Grand Juries”