Gavin Seim

Northland10

Re: Gavin Seim

Post by Northland10 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:07 pm

Volkonski wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:10 am
The farm where we buy our eggs on the North Fork is the only farm on Long Island licensed to sell raw milk. They bend over backwards to keep everything clean and the cows healthy. It seems like NYS inspectors are there every other time I go for eggs. Back before every bottle was sold even before the cows were milked we tried a half gallon. Can't say that we noticed much difference in taste from store-bought pasteurized milk.

Someone needs to tell Seim about the dangers of raw milk. There were good reasons why Louis Pasteur went to the trouble to invent pasteurization. Reasons including listeriosis, typhoid fever, tuberculosis, diphtheria, brucellosis, Salmonella and E. coli.

https://www.fda.gov/Food/ResourcesForYo ... 079516.htm
With raw milk, you taste the freedom.

North-land: of the family 10
UCC 1-106 Plural is Singular, Singular is Plural.

jonbeck

Post by jonbeck » Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:40 pm

Technology allows them to test each batch of milk for bacteria. California's biggest raw milk dairy (organic Pastures) has a pretty good track record.

http://www.organicpastures.com/safety/
Every batch of milk is Triple-Tested by three different entities: the Fresno County Health Department, California Department of Food and Agriculture (CDFA), as well as a third party laboratory.

As part of our food safety plan, all milking from one day is tracked by a unique “lot ID.” This allows us to efficiently connect our milk batches to all test results.
My son grew up drinking a lot of raw milk, in addition to a pretty healthy diet. The guy only got sick once , minor ear infection. Never had a cold, not even a runny nose. He is 14 now and never gets sick. He was also breast fed, which is huge. His friends he grew up with had runny noses all the time, and their mom followed them around with anti-bacterial products. I refused to let my son near those products.

I have seen lactose intolerant people drink organic milk (not raw) and not have a reaction.

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:38 am

There are
things to consider when dealing with milk, the health of the animals in question, and the conditions under which it is collected and stored. The collection part is pretty simple, it has to be clean and taken care of, and then stored at the proper temperature. The health issue is another issue entirely. Perfectly healthy looking animals can harbor all sorts of really nasty, particularly to humans, diseases. The two big nasties are TB and Brucellosis, neither of which I would wish on my worst enemy. Properly cared for animals are regularly tested and vaccinated and that should deal with the problem as it is handled, or should be, in the dairy industry.

That being said. I was raised on what would now be considered organic milk and drank raw (goat) milk much of my adult life, and never got sick once from it.

The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

ArthurWankspittle

Post by ArthurWankspittle » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:08 am

Volkonski wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:10 am
Someone needs to tell Seim about the dangers of raw milk. There were good reasons why Louis Pasteur went to the trouble to invent pasteurization. Reasons including listeriosis, typhoid fever, tuberculosis, diphtheria, brucellosis, Salmonella and E. coli.
But it is OK because his kids will not have been vaccinated. Oh wait......

Going to Tibet now and deleting Facebook you have my email address.

Pompeed

Post by Pompeed » Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:59 am

Any parent who buys multiple boxes of cookies for kids for the simple reason that they are going to ride in a car for awhile isn't the least bit interested in their overall health.

maydijo

Post by maydijo » Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:44 am

Pompeed wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:59 am
Any parent who buys multiple boxes of cookies for kids for the simple reason that they are going to ride in a car for awhile isn't the least bit interested in their overall health.
I would argue they also don't care about their own mental health. Kids + sugar high + confined space = crazy parents.

Cato2

Post by Cato2 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:46 am

Weapons in Mexico

Many years ago I took someone over the border here in El Paso to our sister city Juarez because he had never been across. I failed to notice something he was wearing, a knife.

While walking back to the bridge to cross back to the US a city cop did not fail to notice the knife. Many people over there in that city are bilingual but will act as if they cannot understand English if it suits them. The cop never did speak English to us, it was a merchant who did the interpretation for the clown. This guy was getting angry at the cop, and I realized we were heading to the open air court city jail, the place is so crowded that although there are cells, many will end up in the courtyard to sleep. And if it were to snow, you guessed it, you are snowed on in the courtyard.

I think the cop actually understood English and listened to the shop owner translating my yelling at this guy for being so stupid. He let us go, but did take the knife away from this guy. That is the closest I have ever come to being arrested in Mexico while there. And I know that if you were to argue enough with them you end up meeting Juan who hates gringos on purpose while in jail. That happens most often when someone says, 'you can't do that, I'm merikan.'

Senior,you are in Mexico, andale pinche, off to jail.

The more abstract is form, the more clear and direct its appeal.

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:59 am

Pompeed wrote:
Here in Switzerland when I grew up the farmers brought their fresh milk twice a day after manual milking to the local village milk collection points, sometimes acted also as a dairy that would process it to butter and cheese (and the farmers would get back the butter milk and cheese water for their pigs). The milkman would come daily with the fresh milk in large cans (35lt?) and dole out the full milk with measurment buckets of 1 liter, 1/2liter and 1 deciliter to the exact customer order. The butter delivered came also freshly cut from the large block. For cream one would let the milk set in a cool place and then skim the cream from the top. About 1963 the milkman made the transition to self filled milk in plastik tubes, portioned at 1 liter, for faster and more efficient delivery. All the milk up to that point was only filtered and cooled. Around 1967 the milk was sent to the large regional milk processing plant to get pasteurised and come in sturdier boxes, at first in a "tetrapack" format that was awkward to store in the fridge (went out of service in the early 1970s for the more practical cube boxes).

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:12 am

He did a live video about ten hours ago according to the FB clock. Now 4AM Pacific time, so his clock is ticking away until the Friday court date.

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:48 am

Pompeed wrote:
It's also a bad habit to get them into, substituting sugar for nutrition. They may find it hard to shake as adults.

Someone on Twitter said his children never look healthy — pale, thin, shadows under their eyes. I read the latter can be allergies.

TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:07 am

Poor kids. Their father is far more interested in his stupid war with City Hall than with any of their lives. What kind of value system is "quiet down, kid, I'm recording for YouTube"? What kind of vacation is driving to Mexico and handing out flyers about not paying highway tolls? All this to avoid a trial over a misdemeanor. What a selfish, selfish man.

Estiveo

Post by Estiveo » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:10 am

pipistrelle wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:48 am
Someone on Twitter said his children never look healthy — pale, thin, shadows under their eyes. I read the latter can be allergies.
It can also be the result of living with an adult who constantly sucks all the energy out of the room. That can be exhausting.

"Cosmic apotheosis wears off faster than salvia." --Rick Sanchez

RVInit

Post by RVInit » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:38 am

It's hard on kids when family life revolves around a parent that has some kind of addiction. I think Seim is addicted to the chaos and excitement he stirs up with his constant battles against the police.

The video where he goes into the courthouse specifically to cause a scene because he knows ahead of time the lock box is not in that very building is a great example of is absolute addiction to excitement. He did not have a gun on him that day. He did not have any business in the courthouse that day. He went into the courthouse specifically so he cause chaos over an issue that wasn't even causing him a problem. No way is this a healthy environment for his kids.

His parents showed up at the Walmart parking lot with their own video recorder so they could harass and cause chaos of their own with LE when they went to pick up his car. Apple. Tree. Except the the apple in this case appears to be his father, multiplied. His kids are going to be worse than he is. How else will they ever get any attention from daddy?

"I know that human being and fish can coexist peacefully"
--- George W Bush

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 5 dogs, 2 cats, the neighbor's cat, and 1 horse

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:58 am

RVInit wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:38 am
It's hard on kids when family life revolves around a parent that has some kind of addiction. I think Seim is addicted to the chaos and excitement he stirs up with his constant battles against the police.

:snippity:
According to my research and individual therapy about addicted parents, the children likely will choose one of several templates for their lives:

FAMILY HERO
THE RESCUER
THE MASCOT
THE ADJUSTER
THE DOORMAT
THE ACTING OUT CHILD or THE REBEL
THE SCAPEGOAT or FAMILY JERK
THE BULLY
THE LOST CHILD
THE LAST HOPE
Edit: An Adult Child may have several of the above characteristics at one time, or may play a different role within the family at different ages or depending on who they are responding to.
SEE http://aca-arizona.org/types-of-adult-children/ for the details.

“I’ve been hooked since my first smell of C-4.” Linda Cox, first female Air Force Explosive Ordnance Disposal Technician, first to lead her own unit, go to war, be awarded a Bronze Star, and hold the highest enlisted rank of chief master sergeant.

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:38 am

TheNewSaint wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:07 am
Poor kids. Their father is far more interested in his stupid war with City Hall than with any of their lives. What kind of value system is "quiet down, kid, I'm recording for YouTube"? What kind of vacation is driving to Mexico and handing out flyers about not paying highway tolls? All this to avoid a trial over a misdemeanor. What a selfish, selfish man.
:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

RVInit

Post by RVInit » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:39 am

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:58 am
RVInit wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:38 am

:snippity:
According to my research and individual therapy about addicted parents, the children likely will choose one of several templates for their lives:

FAMILY HERO
THE RESCUER
THE MASCOT
THE ADJUSTER
THE DOORMAT
THE ACTING OUT CHILD or THE REBEL
THE SCAPEGOAT or FAMILY JERK
THE BULLY
THE LOST CHILD
THE LAST HOPE
Edit: An Adult Child may have several of the above characteristics at one time, or may play a different role within the family at different ages or depending on who they are responding to.
SEE http://aca-arizona.org/types-of-adult-children/ for the details.
Very interesting. Do you think Gavin appears to be addicted? I would be interested in a professional's opinion, I have nothing beyond personally growing up in a pretty dysfunctional environment. I discovered the book Adult Children of Alcoholics during a period of crisis in my early 20's and it changed my life.

(I also just realized that my sentence about his father being the apple was not what I meant, at all. :oops: I should have re-read what I wrote before posting, sometimes I'm bad about that.)

--- George W Bush

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:48 am

Tick tock tick tock. Time is running down. Do we know where in Mexico he is now and how close to a major airport he is? Can the cheap flights be purchased at the last minute? Can he even get on a plane without a hassle? I do recall Sondra having some difficulty when they were doing the big US road trip last year and I also recall when Gavin tried to buy a gun on his road trip (Georgia was it?), that he had an extra flag or some box ticked by the FBI and he had to go through extra background stuff to purchase the gun.

Even if he does get a flight to SeaTac, there's still a lot of miles between the airport and Ephrata. Rent a car? Pay $$$ for another flight? Daddy of mommy drives over to get him?

Oh, and I found this link on Goblin's page. When we figure out where in Mexico they are at any given day, we can look up how dangerous it is.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel ... rning.html

TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:42 am

Kendra wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:48 am
Oh, and I found this link on Goblin's page. When we figure out where in Mexico they are at any given day, we can look up how dangerous it is.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel ... rning.html
I liked this bit:
U.S. citizens should use toll roads (cuotas) whenever possible
And Gavin's only concern is how he can dick them out of the petty fees they charge.

Azastan

Post by Azastan » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:49 am

From your link:
In some places, criminal organizations have erected their own unauthorized checkpoints, at times wearing police and military uniforms, and have killed or abducted motorists who have failed to stop at them. You should cooperate at all checkpoints.
He can still get on a plane and return, but he'd have to get on a plane pretty early tomorrow morning from GDL or PVR. No cheap direct flights, so he's going to have to sit and wait at at least one other airport. He could get back as early as 4.30 pm tomorrow, and I would assume Mom or Dad would pick him up.

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:01 pm

I am voting that he's not going to show up.

Flatpointhigh
Occupation: Voice Actor, Podcaster, I hold a Ph.D in Procrastination.

Post by Flatpointhigh » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:29 pm

Kendra wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:01 pm
I am voting that he's not going to show up.
:yeah:

"It is wrong to say God made rich and poor; He only made male and female, and He gave them the Earth as their inheritance."- Thomas Paine, Forward to Agrarian Justice
Cancer broke me

TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:57 pm

I wonder if Gavvy is having an existential dilemma right now. If he doesn't appear, his situation will only get worse, and the only way to avoid it further is to continue hiding in Mexico. Which has got to be unraveling by now. Even the best family vacations get tiresome after a couple weeks, and this situation is far from optimal for small children.

Plus the inherent danger of wandering around remote parts of Mexico with obvious signs of wealth, easily kidnappable family members, and a serious problem complying with authority. All this because mighty Gavin is afraid of what might happen to him in an Ephrata, Washington courtroom. Which he's only in because of his own aberrant behavior. What a prick.

RVInit

Post by RVInit » Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:08 pm

He's definitely created a :pickle: for himself. After bragging that he's changing the narrative and defiantly thumbing his nose at the judicial system, does he actually dare to not show up? The "goodbye" to personal belongings was just too casual and nonchalant to be convincing, IMO. So, I've never believed that this was anything more than a vacation and an opportunity to make it sound like he was fighting the good fight so he can get his followers to donate and help pay for a planned vacation. Has be begun any kind of subtle pivot so it's not just a sudden best way to fight is to show up and cream them in court? Only two days left! It would be a long drive so that may not be an option, unless he has already turned around and headed back. Unless he's live streaming there is no way to prove that he is currently at the place where his video was taken. Is he posting anything today?

--- George W Bush

Pompeed

Post by Pompeed » Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:37 pm

maydijo wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:44 am
Pompeed wrote:
I would argue they also don't care about their own mental health. Kids + sugar high + confined space = crazy parents.
I think the equation proves true in reverse: crazy parents + confined spaces + sugar = crazy kids.

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:43 pm

What's odd is I could swear when I woke up around 3AM there was a video FB said was posted ten hours ago and he was walking around another town in the tourist area. Didn't watch much, finally got back to sleep and now it's gone. *shrugs*

So, if he is a no show, that means the $2K bond is forfeit, correct? And, even if he does show after his little adventure to Mexico, they might up his bail and/or revoke it all together? Less than 48 hours to go. Tick tock.

Return to “Sovereign Citizens, Private Militias, and Citizen Grand Juries”