Ukraine

raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Re: Ukraine

Post by raison de arizona »

Oleksandra Zubal @OleksandraZubal wrote: My daughter and I surviving the night in Ukraine. We are real people at war with crazy dictator and we need the world’s support right now
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

There is disagreement whether this is real or not, but I've seen it all over and even if it isn't real the Ghost of Kyiv is serving as an inspiration for the Ukrainian people.
A single Ukranian MiG 29 called " Ghost of Kiev" is reported to have 6 russian air kills. This would make him the first Ace since 91, and the first Ace in a day since 1945.
1 MiG 29
1 SU-27
2 SU-35
2 SU-25
Unconfirmed reports of an additional 2 SU-30s downed in a 2 on 1 fight.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

Zelensky in a video message from #Kyiv:
"We are here. We are in Kyiv. We are defending Ukraine”
► Show Spoiler
raison de arizona

Jennifer Griffin @JenGriffinFNC wrote: Zelensky: "We call on all civilized countries to impose an embargo on Russian oil products, ban Russian citizens from entering your territory and disconnect Russia from SWIFT. We call on NATO, Europe, the United States to close the sky over Ukraine..."

Zelensky: "This will not mean your military confrontation with Russia. This will mean that you have stopped the war, and your descendants will remember you as heroes. For our part, we will continue to defend our own land, we will not give up and we will destroy our enemies."
raison de arizona

Well, that's... not good.
Richard Engel @RichardEngel wrote: Ukraine’s ministry of energy says Russian forces not following Chernobyl safety guidelines putting world at risk. “For the second day, the occupiers have been detaining the personnel of the Chornobyl NPP station, not allowing them to rotate as required by technical safety rules.”
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

What in the flying fuck?

Russian chief of space threatens to drop ISS on US or Europe if sanctions hold
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
raison de arizona

Dr. Ken wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 4:38 pm What in the flying fuck?
https://twitter.com/politvidchannel/sta ... 8478620673

Russian chief of space threatens to drop ISS on US or Europe if sanctions hold
Huh, interesting. More detail here: https://www.theverge.com/2022/2/25/2295 ... kraine-iss
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Bah, he's blowing hot air. Besides, the ISS is basically just a hollow tube. It would break up pretty well on re-entry into the Earth atmosphere.
Hic sunt dracones
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

But Ukraine are the bad guys. Yeaaaaaaaah, riiiiigggghhhhhttttt.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
raison de arizona

raison de arizona

Zoya Sheftalovich @zoyashef wrote: He says: Good morning, Ukrainians. Now has been a lot of fake information on the internet that I'm ordering for our army to lay down arms and evacuating. But it's like this: We are here ... What is true is that this is our land. Our country, Our children. And we will defend it.
olexander scherba🇺🇦 @olex_scherba wrote: President @ZelenskyyUa just posted this video in front of the “Chimeras house” across from presidential office. “We are here. We are fighting. Glory to Ukraine”.
#StandWithUkraine
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

I like to learn a little geography now and then. :batting:

Don't think I've ever seen Odesa spelled with only one S before. :confuzzled:

The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Foggy wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 11:14 am Don't think I've ever seen Odesa spelled with only one S before. :confuzzled:
Per Wikipedia, Odessa is the Russian name, Odesa is the Ukrainian name -
Odessa (Russian: Оде́сса [ɐˈdʲesə]) or Odesa (Ukrainian: Оде́са [oˈdɛsɐ] (audio speaker iconlisten)) is the third most populous city and municipality in Ukraine and a major tourism centre, seaport and transport hub located in the south-west of the country, on the northwestern shore of the Black Sea. The city is also the administrative centre of the Odessa Raion and Odessa Oblast, as well a multiethnic cultural centre. Odessa is sometimes called the "pearl of the Black Sea", the "South Capital" (under the Russian Empire and Soviet Union), "The Humour Capital" and "Southern Palmyra".
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

so apparently Zelenskyy won the Ukrainian version of Dancing with the Stars in 2006 and the tape is even better than whatever you're imagining

How far can he throw a paper towel roll though?

Who wore it better?
raison de arizona

Dmytro Kuleba @DmytroKuleba wrote: We insist on a full embargo for Russian oil and gas. Buying them now means paying for the murder of Ukrainian men, women and children. I welcome the first decisive steps by a number of European states in this regard and urge others to proceed resolutely and without delay.
Dmytro Kuleba is the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine.

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

“Prayer for Ukraine” performed by Ukrainian Chorus Dumka of New York
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Kendra wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 1:55 pm
so apparently Zelenskyy won the Ukrainian version of Dancing with the Stars in 2006 and the tape is even better than whatever you're imagining

Is it hot in here, or is it just me?
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
W. Kevin Vicklund

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

That blindfolded set :lovestruck:

(I once did an entire marching band set blindfolded, ending up 2 yards from my final target, but that was by myself and not trusting that I and a partner would be exactly on time as well as position)
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Lani

Post by Lani »

From the WAPO article:
After a perfunctory debate, the presidents and prime ministers quickly approved sanctions on Russian President Vladimir Putin, Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov and some of Russia’s biggest banks. Talk of barring Russia from the global financial messaging system known as SWIFT, however, stalled amid skepticism on the part of Scholz and the leaders of Austria, Italy and Cyprus, according to officials familiar with the deliberations who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss the sensitive negotiations.

Then Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky dialed into the meeting via teleconference with a bracing appeal that left some of the world-weary politicians with watery eyes. In just five minutes, Zelensky — speaking from the battlefield of Kyiv — pleaded with European leaders for an honest assessment of his country’s ambition to join the E.U. and for genuine help in its fight with the Russian invaders. Food, ammunition, fuel, sanctions — Ukraine needed its European neighbors to step up with all of it.

“It was extremely, extremely emotional,” said a European official briefed on the call. “He was essentially saying: ‘Look, we are here dying for European ideals.”

Before disconnecting the video call, Zelensky told the gathering matter-of-factly that it might be the last time they saw him alive, according to a senior E.U. official who was present.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/business ... tral-bank/
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
raison de arizona

Volkonski wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 6:49 pm
Gift link, this is one worth reading: https://wapo.st/3spLVAg
raison de arizona

Line around the block for NYC’s amazing Ukrainian restaurant Veselka. 🇺🇦
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

Return to “Russian Invasion of Ukraine”