Falsehoods unchallenged only fester and grow. To join, email foggy at thefogbow dot com.

Guest Announcements

To join the forum, email me: foggy at thefogbow dot com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5792 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123 ... 232  Next   
 Post subject: Birther Potpourri
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 2:57 pm 

Limbaugh was birfing today.

DittoWatch ‏ @DittoWatch

Limbaugh asks #birther caller: "What about the fact that Obama's Soc Security number is from Connecticut & he's never been there?" @dwQ: #p2
Expand

1h DittoWatch DittoWatch ‏ @DittoWatch

BREAKING -- Limbaugh caller goes #birther, Rush encourages: "This is the kind of youngster thinking we admire here." @dwQ: #p2 #tcot

1h DittoWatch DittoWatch ‏ @DittoWatch

Limbaugh caller give three examples of Obama deceit, one of which is his birth certificate. @dwQ: #birthers #p2 #tcot
Expand

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 3:04 pm 

Quote:
Mitt Romney tells woman he's 'happy to look at' her claims of treason by Obama

This afternoon at a town hall in Cleveland, Ohio, Mitt Romney took a question about the Constitution from a supporter who said she believed that President Obama was "operating outside the Constitution" and "should be tried for treason."
Instead of challenging the absurd notion that President Obama should be tried for treason, Romney delivered a word salad about how he personally loved the Constitution and then invited the woman to explain in more detail what she meant.

The woman proceeded to spout references to Executive Orders, including one that she said involved the Secret Service restricting the rights of citizens to protest. Romney, who is protected by a detail of Secret Service agents, said "I will be happy to look at what he has done about the Secret Service with respect to protests."

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/05/07/1089492/-Mitt-Romney-tells-woman-he-s-happy-to-look-at-her-claims-of-treason-by-Obama

:roll:

Not sure if she's a birther, but comes close if not.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 3:33 pm 

BillTheCat wrote:
Quote:
Mitt Romney tells woman he's 'happy to look at' her claims of treason by Obama

This afternoon at a town hall in Cleveland, Ohio, Mitt Romney took a question about the Constitution from a supporter who said she believed that President Obama was "operating outside the Constitution" and "should be tried for treason."
Instead of challenging the absurd notion that President Obama should be tried for treason, Romney delivered a word salad about how he personally loved the Constitution and then invited the woman to explain in more detail what she meant.

The woman proceeded to spout references to Executive Orders, including one that she said involved the Secret Service restricting the rights of citizens to protest. Romney, who is protected by a detail of Secret Service agents, said "I will be happy to look at what he has done about the Secret Service with respect to protests."

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/05/07/1089492/-Mitt-Romney-tells-woman-he-s-happy-to-look-at-her-claims-of-treason-by-Obama

:roll:

Not sure if she's a birther, but comes close if not.

Leadoff story on Martin Bashir today. Romney is a pandering fool who lacks the moral courage to shut these crazies up.

"Your politics have no relation to morals."-
Niccolo Machiavelli to the Tea Party

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 3:42 pm 

Whatever else you can say about McCain, at least he had the class to shut this thing down now and again.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 9:41 pm 

I didn't see it. i just see the tweets

Quote:
@ishestradacnn The birther on @AC360 used Sheriff Joe as his source. Now that's what drives me nuts.

a lot of tweets complaining about cooper giving airtime to birthers. most of the tweets run that way. but...

Quote:
RT @vikygoncalves: @andersoncooper questioning Birther North Carolinian = cross examination. This is too great. #Birther

Quote:
Anderson is making Dr. John Whitley looks like a Fool with his Obama birther issues and it makes for AWESOME tv........Well done, @AC360

Quote:
@AC360 TY 4 challenging Dr. John Whitley, the neurosurgeon and #birther. He seems to have trouble processing facts, bless his heart. ;-)

Quote:
Just saw "Birther" interview on @AC360. Dr Whitley didn't appear to have put a lot of effort into that issue!

Quote:
Just watched Anderson Cooper take one of the birthers apart on the air. AC is the man!

Quote:
Where did Anderson Cooper find that Birther Bubba, on the Dukes of Hazard? And this is what NC's best looks like?

Quote:
@AC360 @AndersonCooper respect for destroying that idiotic Republican 'Birther' in interview on Obama birth certificate

A bunch more.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 10:28 pm 

I saw part of it here but it cuts off before the end of the interview.

http://ac360.blogs.cnn.com/2012/05/07/n ... =allsearch

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 5:51 am 

Whatever4 wrote:
Quote:
More N.C. GOP candidates doubt Obama’s birthplace
Foggy, that's YOUR state. Clean it up. Now.
Hmmmph. That's a reprint of an article that chilidog posted about four days ago.

It's been handled already. ;;)

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 7:42 am 

esseff44 wrote:
I saw part of it here but it cuts off before the end of the interview.

http://ac360.blogs.cnn.com/2012/05/07/n ... =allsearch

Apparently CNN had video problems. But the full audio of the interview is here:

http://videocafe.crooksandliars.com/hea ... carolina-r

"In science, 'fact' can only mean 'confirmed to such a degree that it would be perverse to withhold provisional assent.' I suppose that apples might start to rise tomorrow, but the possibility does not merit equal time in physics classrooms."
- Stephen Jay Gould

Barackryphal

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 8:33 am 

I saw this come down twitter. Whitley comes on around 2:25.

He said "we", and he is referring to a guy he knows who works in nuclear medicine.

hmmm. David Earl-Graef works in nuclear medicine. He's a birther. I think he's in Virginia though. And I don't know if he's from Hawaii.

Go to about 4:00. I have no idea what he's saying?

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 9:30 am 

byron York and The Examiner provide fodder for the Birthers and Hatriots.

In new biography, Obama asks: Am I an American?
Tweet
byByron York Chief Political Correspondent
postedMay 7

He is not speaking literally, but he still feeds the birthers. He starts:

Quote:
Ever since the 2008 campaign, many voters, and some journalists too, have felt they know Barack Obama's life story. In fact, the story they know is the one Obama told them.

But that's the good part. Then he goes off on a thing about those, including apparently Obama himself, who question Obama's 'American roots'.

It's a crap article and I think it's only purpose was to provide fodder for the birthers and hatriots.

http://campaign2012.washingtonexaminer. ... can/526196

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 1:20 pm 

We're back to the Situation Room photo. Mara Zebest jumps in. :P

American thinker:

May 9, 2012
Strange Anomalies in the Famous Situation Room Photo
By Mara Zebest

http://www.americanthinker.com/2012/05/ ... photo.html

That won't hurt her credibility a bit. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 1:26 pm 

mimi wrote:
We're back to the Situation Room photo. Mara Zebest jumps in. :P

So the computer expert :roll: who couldn't boot up her laptop =)) in front of a gaggle of reporters =)) =)) =)) at the National Press Club is now a forensic photo expert. :^o :^o :^o

Hi Mara! :twoup:

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 1:37 pm 

Comment in the American Stinker article:

Quote:
I work in Photoshop EVERY day of my life (have for over 15 years), and I can spot a fake or 'photoshop-ed' photo with greater ease than most people. This is an OBVIOUSLY modified photo, and it would be very simple for an expert such as myself to place Obama, the 'Prince dahlia lama' or the 'Pharaoh of Egypt' into the photo with almost no one questioning it, unless they know what to look for.

I love the armchair "experts" who claim to use a program "every day" of their life and fail so badly in their "expert opinion".

Charming:

Quote:
See.... He DOES look like Trayvon. (At least in their 12 yr old photos)

Edit: added a quote

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 1:37 pm 

Location: FEMA Camp 17 -- Malibu (Hey! You! Get off the lawn!)
Mara should really stick to what she's best at -- reading tea leaves and goat entrails.

Realist lives to serve. Foggy does it for the children. I'm in it for the schadenfreude.

:sterngard:

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 1:54 pm 

Guys, she was a Co-Author (with at least10 other people) of 2 books on photoshop, 10 years ago. Show her some respect!

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 2:07 pm 

It's right there in the headline. She finds 'strange' anomalies in the photo. No ordinary anomalies for Mara. The anomalies she discovers are indeed 'strange' and incredibly so.

Brian Williams did an entire show based on the picture and interviewed the people in it. Wouldn't they have been able to spot any 'anomalies?'

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp ... 9#47272339

Did Mara talk to any of those people? No?

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 3:36 pm 

I think she has a point - something always did look a bit fishy about this

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 3:37 pm 

Wild Bill... =)) =)) =))

Image x 3 Image x 21

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 3:38 pm 

realist wrote:
Wild Bill... =)) =)) =))

=)) =)) =)) =))

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 3:42 pm 

Geez. Did Soros hire the *same* fourth-rate forger for the Situation Room photos that he used for the LFBC?! #-o

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 3:52 pm 

Location: FEMA Camp 17 -- Malibu (Hey! You! Get off the lawn!)
So let me ask this question.

If the U.S. Passport Office issued a passport for someone that Orly Taitz claimed didn't exist, and the Passport Office insisted that the person did exist, and the person used the passport, would that person be guilty of a crime because Orly Taitz wasn't convinced?

I'm trying to figure out how this works.

Edit: Let me add: Orly Taitz wasn't convinced the passport holder existed because a salesperson in a luggage store that sells leather covers for passports and such claims the passport just looks wrong and not like the salesperson's passport at all and the salesperson put that in a blog on the Internet.

Realist lives to serve. Foggy does it for the children. I'm in it for the schadenfreude.

:sterngard:

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 4:04 pm 

Sterngard Friegen wrote:

If the U.S. Passport Office issued a passport for someone that Orly Taitz claimed didn't exist, and the Passport Office insisted that the person did exist, and the person used the passport, would that person be guilty of a crime because Orly Taitz wasn't convinced?

Edit: Let me add: Orly Taitz wasn't convinced the passport holder existed because a salesperson in a luggage store that sells leather covers for passports and such claims the passport just looks wrong and not like the salesperson's passport at all and the salesperson put that in a blog on the Internet.

I almost thought I had a simple answer until you added the luggage salesperson and the blogger. Now it gets more complicated because it's sounding more and more like...
REVERSE RICO!
(Where the conspiratorial enterprise prosecutes the person who doesn't exist.)

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 4:18 pm 

Occupation: World-class procrastinator and perpetual late-bloomer.
Sterngard Friegen wrote:

That, in a nutshell, is Orly Taitz. Her arrogance is nothing short of incredible. You can see that in her latest Indiana filing, where she announces that she's not redacting the SSN because it is fraudulent and there is therefore no need to redact. Orly has said it is fraudulent. Therefore it is, and Orly is entitled to act accordingly. Arriving at a different opinion is illegal.

"And with the advent of LexisNexis and WestLaw, there is no more need for attorneys to spend hours researching. The relevant case law simply comes straight to the computer, ready to be copied to a word processor."
--Larry "Leisure Suit" Klayman

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 10:14 pm 

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 10:28 pm 

Ok, this is a birther theory i havent seen before

Quote:
Author: jonroland
Comment: The statute that affects McCain did not make him "natural born". It was a naturalization statute that made him a citizen at birth, retroactively. "Natural born" and "citizen at birth" are NOT the same thing, although the Senate resolution concerning McCain seemed not to know the difference, which is only a testament to the constitutional ignorance of members of Congress. The legacy of jus soli stems more or less directly from the Roman Edict of Caracalla in 212 AD that made it the rule for the entire Roman Empire, replacing the previous rule of jus sanguinis. It persisted in France and England after the Western Empire fell, and was further reinforced when the Normans, who had adopted the French legal tradition, carried it and the language of Law French to Britain, which joined Latin as the language of law, until English was allowed to be used in English courts in the early 18th century. In the meantime, jus sanguinis persisted in Eastern Europe and spread from there to other parts of Europe by the time Vattel wrote in Switzerland. However, it had not spread to France at that time.

The problem for Obama is that once eligibility is challenged by a writ of quo warranto, the respondant has only 20 days to prove eligibility, after which, if he fails to do so, or the court fails to hold a hearing, the decision defaults to "ineligible", and that decision is irreversible, even if proof is later provided. Therefore, Obama is not ineligible, even if he was born on U.S. soil, because he did not prove it within the time limit.

McCain is definitely not eligible. He was made a citizen at birth but he was is not natural born, because the Panama Canal Zone was not U.S. soil. Rubio and Jindal are eligible based on known evidence. The citizenship of parents only matters if they are foreign diplomats or invaders. If they are not U.S. citizens but entered with permission, even if they overstayed a visa, they are not invaders. If, however, they sneaked across the border and were not subsequently granted permission, they are invaders.

Paragraphs added by me for clarity

http://www.gopusa.com/freshink/2012/05/ ... uirements/

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5792 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123 ... 232  Next