John Thomas8 is gauging interest and signing people up for fantasy
football league and pick'ems for the coming football season.
New members, so if you'd like to join the fun, go to:
User Control Panel - -» Usergroups tab, and join Sports Fans.
Otherwise, you can't see the sports forums.
As always, you can dismiss this announcement after reading.

SENATE REJECTS GOP (RYAN) BUDGET PLAN

realist

Postby realist » Wed May 25, 2011 6:08 pm

Politics News Alert: Senate rejects GOP budget plan that would overhaul Medicare May 25, 2011 6:02:38 PM----------------------------------------The Senate voted [highlight]57 to 40[/highlight] against GOP Rep. Paul Ryan's 2012 budget proposal, with all but five Republicans supporting the spending plan. The vote comes a day after Republicans lost a special congressional election in New York that was dominated by debate over the Ryan proposal, an election that underscored the political peril in the GOP plan to turn Medicare into a voucher program. [/break1]email.washingtonpost.com/r/1BAF0O/JIFIYI/IS0TDM/J07G5T/YEUHW/B7/h]http://link.email.washingtonpost.com/r/ ... YEUHW/B7/h

ImageX 4 (have met 36 Obots at meetups) Image X 4

BFB

Postby BFB » Wed May 25, 2011 6:12 pm

Politics News Alert: Senate rejects GOP budget plan that would overhaul Medicare May 25, 2011 6:02:38 PM----------------------------------------The Senate voted [highlight]57 to 40[/highlight] against GOP Rep. Paul Ryan's 2012 budget proposal, with [highlight]all but five Republicans supporting the spending plan.[/highlight] The vote comes a day after Republicans lost a special congressional election in New York that was dominated by debate over the Ryan proposal, an election that underscored the political peril in the GOP plan to turn Medicare into a voucher program. [/break1]email.washingtonpost.com/r/1BAF0O/JIFIYI/IS0TDM/J07G5T/YEUHW/B7/h]http://link.email.washingtonpost.com/r/ ... YEUHW/B7/h

And that, my friends, is what's called "politically tone-deaf."

TexasFilly

Postby TexasFilly » Wed May 25, 2011 6:13 pm

From realist's link:

The Republicans voting against the plan Wednesday were moderate Sens. Scott Brown (Mass.), Susan Collins (Maine), Olympia Snowe (Maine) and Lisa Murkowski (Alaska), [highlight]as well as conservative freshman Sen. Rand Paul (Ky.), who argued that the plan did not go far enough in cutting spending.[/highlight] :( Immediately after the vote on the Ryan budget, the Senate also overwhelmingly rejected President Obama’s 2012 budget proposal. :shock: Votes on two other Republicans’ budget plans are likely to come later Wednesday or Thursday.

I love the poorly educated!!!

I never repeat myself. I never repeat myself. Trump 2/25/16

verbalobe

Postby verbalobe » Wed May 25, 2011 6:46 pm

...Immediately after the vote on the Ryan budget, the Senate also overwhelmingly rejected President Obama’s 2012 budget proposal. :shock: Votes on two other Republicans’ budget plans are likely to come later Wednesday or Thursday.

Just more sausage-making fu.Reid rushed the first vote in order to make maximum hay from NY26. But the real wheeling-dealing has not been finished. The WH budget is DOA in the House anyway. So.... that's the extent of my analysis. :P

Return to “General Politics”