Research Help

Jez

Research Help

Postby Jez » Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:41 pm

I saw a comment earlier about how Judge Robertson was overturned a lot on appeal. I'm looking for where I could find any statistics on this. I've been trying to formulate questions, but not finding what I want. Could someone point me in the write direction?

I have learned silence from the talkative, toleration from the intolerant, and kindness from the unkind; yet, strange, I am ungrateful to those teachers.

~Khalil Gibran

realist

Research Help

Postby realist » Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:16 pm

Had not heard that. By his reputation it seems odd. The wording of his rulings, one would not think so. If he'd been overturned a lot, one would thing he'd be more careful. Judges HATE being overturned. I'll look around and see what I can come up with as well.

ImageX 3 (have met 31 Obots at meetups) Image X 4

Jez

Research Help

Postby Jez » Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:06 pm

The only think I found last night was one case that was overturned on appeal, which was then reversed again to the original ruling by Robertson. I'll see if I can find it when I get back home. But that's it. The only judge I could find that is overturned a lot is someone out in California (Reinhardt, or something like that). Oh well. It's probably just more wishful thinking.

I have learned silence from the talkative, toleration from the intolerant, and kindness from the unkind; yet, strange, I am ungrateful to those teachers.

~Khalil Gibran

Return to “Miscellaneous”