Values Voter Summit 2013 #VVS13

mimi

Post #1 by mimi » Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:09 am

It's happening. some tweets:Jamelle Bouie ‏@jbouie 7mTed Cruz is giving a boiler plate speech punctuated by protesters. One audience member told a young woman to "Go back to Mexico."Retweeted by Adam PeckAdam Peck ‏@AdamReports 8mAnd the room has completely devolved…Cruz just standing there. #VVS13ExpandAdam Peck ‏@AdamReports 9mCruz seems to run out of one-liners…6th heckler now. #VVS13ExpandAdam Peck ‏@AdamReports 11mOne after the other…four hecklers have now interrupted Sen. Cruz during his speech. I'd venture a guess more to come. #VVS13ExpandAdam Peck ‏@AdamReports 16mQ: Sen. Cruz why are you in favor of tearing families apart? A: "It seems President Obama's political operatives are out in force today."ExpandAdam Peck ‏@AdamReports 17mPivots, ignores, marches on. RT @jonward11: Audience member at Voter Values asks Cruz why he won't support a pathway to citizenshipExpandAdam Peck ‏@AdamReports 18mTed Cruz getting questions from the audience, something about his lack of support for immigrant families? #VVS13ExpandAdam Peck ‏@AdamReports 21mTed Cruz looks less like a politician and more like a preacher at #VVS13. No podium for him, wandering around the stage.ExpandAdam Peck ‏@AdamReports 34m"Unborn child" is quite the applause line at #VVS13.[/break1]com/search?q=%23VVS13&src=hash]https://twitter.com/search?q=%23VVS13&src=hash

mimi

Post #2 by mimi » Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:00 am

They can't tell the difference between Tim Scott and Ben Carson. ?(

‏@AdamReports 5mAll #VVS13 speakers sound alike. MT @mckaycoppins: Attendees walk in as Tim Scott starts. "This is Ben Carson," one whispers to the other.

You really gotta check in with the quotes coming from this thing every once in awhile. [/break1]com/search?q=%23VVS13&src=hash&f=realtime]https://twitter.com/search?q=%23VVS13&s ... f=realtime

TexasFilly

Post #3 by TexasFilly » Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:11 pm

Speaking of Ben Carson:

DANIEL STRAUSS – OCTOBER 11, 2013, 12:01 PM EDTTea Party favorite Dr. Ben Carson said the Obama administration's healthcare reform law is the worst thing to happen to the United States since slavery."I have to tell you Obamacare is, really I think, the worst thing that's happened in this nation since slavery," Carson said during a speech at the Values Voter Summit on Friday.In his fiery speech Carson went on to say that the healthcare law is making all Americans "subservient.""And it was never about healthcare, it was about control," Carson said to applause from the crowd.In March students at Johns Hopkins University's medical school launched an effort to replace Carson as their commencement speaker after Carson made comments comparing gay marriage to bestiality and pedophilia.

[/break1]com/livewire/ben-carson-says-obamcare-worst-thing-to-happen-to-america-since-slavery]http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/b ... ce-slavery :crazy:

I love the poorly educated!!!

I never repeat myself. I never repeat myself. Trump 2/25/16

kate520

Post #4 by kate520 » Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:17 pm

This is where all the Dominionists will be this weekend. They've been counting on chaos over the shutdown, which of course dog ordained just for them. The collapse of our society is exciting news. It means that their views have a better chance of prevailing.Dominionism continues to worry me, especially now that they've gone into stealth mode.

Service to others is the rent you pay for your room here on earth.

Mohammed Ali

TexasFilly

Post #5 by TexasFilly » Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:51 pm

Gohmert Describes McCain As Supporter Of Al QaedaDANIEL STRAUSS – OCTOBER 11, 2013, 4:23 PMRep. Louie Gohmert (R-TX) described Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) as a guy that supported al Qaeda.Gohmert's description came Friday during a panel discussion of Republican lawmakers at the Values Voter Summit. Gohmert mentioned McCain as he discussed the government shutdown."I heard just before I came, some senator from Arizona, a guy that liked Gaddafi before he wanted to bomb him," Gohmert said. "A guy that's been to Syria and supported al Qaeda and the rebels. But he was saying today the shutdown has been a fools' errand. And I agree with him, the president and Harry Reid should not have shut this government down.

[/break1]com/livewire/gohmert-describes-mccain-as-supporter-of-al-qaeda]http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/g ... f-al-qaeda \ :D /

I love the poorly educated!!!

I never repeat myself. I never repeat myself. Trump 2/25/16

Return to “General Politics”