Mississippi Ballot Challenge (ACT I & I.5) :)

Chilidog

Postby Chilidog » Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:55 pm

What's the betting action that Orly's going to go for broke and try to get herself thrown in jail for contempt of court.She SO wants to be a martyr.

Butterfly Bilderberg

Postby Butterfly Bilderberg » Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:03 pm

Please, call all the media, university students,

Is this a reference to the Bro "Riot" in which drunken frat boys burned Obama signs and yelled the n word?

Yep. 'Cause college students want nothing more than to spend a Friday afternoon sitting with a bunch of old geezers in some courtroom 165 miles from their school, wondering if they can get back to Oxford in time for the kegger at the frat house.

borealis

Postby borealis » Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:07 pm

SQUEEZE HIS GLOBESNovember 1st, 2012 @ 6:29 amTepper is now in a TIGHT fight with you because he got caught issuing a questionable document to the court.CAN WE SAY THAT TEPPER IS ATTTEMPTING A FRUITLESS CYA ACTION TO PREVENT HIS ASS FROM GOING TO JAIL?Snip..........WHAT TEPPER SHOULD ‘NOT’ HAVE DONE IS ALTER A DOCUMENT WITHOUT DECLARING TO THE COURT THAT HE ALTERED THE DOCUMENT HE PRESENTED TO THE COURT. TEPPER IS COVERING HIS ASS WITH A ‘WEAK’ ARGUMENT WHEN HE STATES HE WAS ‘AIDING’ THE COURT BY PRESENTING THE COURT WITH AN IMPROVED BC HE SUBMITTED TO THE COURT WITHOUT IDENTIFYING THAT HE HAD …HAHAHAH IMPROVED THE BC DOCUMENT.TEPPER HAS NOW BECOME AN ALLEGED DOCUMENT FORGER TO AID AND ABETT A FRAUD CRIME FOR WHICH HE SHOULD BE JAILED, AS HE HAS STOMPED ON 315 MILLION AMREICAN’S RIGHTS, AND IN VIOLATION OF HIS SWORN OATH TO DEFEND THE CONSTITUTION FROM ALL ENEMIES FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC… NOT DEFEND A CRIMINAL IN THE WHITE HOUSE WHO CLAIMS TO BE POTUS USING A DOCUMENT THAT HE ALLEGEDLY FORGED.Snippy snip...

Gee I didn't realize Mr Tepper wielded so much influence. =)) =)) =))Yes I know its over a week old but I thought it was hilarious.

verbalobe

Postby verbalobe » Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:15 pm

I think I have it figured out. What Orly does is performance art. She needs an audience when she is on stage to be at her best. But, even more importantly, she depends on her audience to spread the word. And when the word is spread, she gets donations! It's all about notoriety and money.

What's the betting action that Orly's going to go for broke and try to get herself thrown in jail for contempt of court.She SO wants to be a martyr.

I honestly don't think she's that calculating, and has no 'cause' more important than herself, thus no desire to make 'the grand gesture' if it means discomfort and disgrace.Rather, I think of her as the Red Queen, constantly screeching "off with his head!" When we first read Alice, it's quite frightening -- we don't know the rules of Wonderland, and we don't know that nobody will actually lose their head -- that the Queen is an ineffectual tyrant and bully, who has long since escalated her threats to the maximum penalty, precisely because nobody pays her any mind.What's interesting to me is the Queen's own (or Orly's) mentality. "Off with her head," or "get the rioting frat boys to my trial," are just words to her, divorced from any import, reason, practicality, and especially consequence. If everyone in the Queen's court were actually beheaded, she would become quite lonely. And if rioting racists converged on Orly's scene, the results could be very ugly indeed, and mostly for Orly.She's not thinking about that. It's just blather, a drowning sailor grasping at flotsam, something to say that sounds pugnacious, that has the right cadence of faux outrage -- cargo cult agitprop to go with her cargo cult lawyering.And no less despicable, for all that. Perhaps more so.

Paul Lentz

Postby Paul Lentz » Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:26 pm

ObamaNazis are removing this message. Please, call all the media, university students, tea party in Jackson MS, tell people to be there for November 16, 1pm hearing in ObamaforgeryGate before judge Wingate

Posted on | November 9, 2012 | No Comments

Some things never change.

Personally, I hope that Taitz gets a big crowd at the hearing next week...supporters, tea partiers, flying monkeys, whatever (I'm guessing that university students** aren't really much of a possibility...at least not the ones Orly wants, from the Oxford U of M campus) And I hope that the Jackson media covers the hearing, complete with post-hearing sidewalk interviews right out in front of the courthouse. I can't see anything but a win-win in a big crowd:

1. Taitz's ego gets fed. Even if they're coming to mock her, Taitz loves a crowd paying attention to her. Maybe, if the crowd is big enough, Taitz won't quit her crusade. After all, what sort of decedent and civil rights lawyer just quits? Would Thurgood Marshall just quit? Would Nelson Mandela just quit? Would Susan B. Anthony? How about Joan of Arc? NO! NO! NO! and HELL NO!

2. The FMs and true believers get to see Taitz in action vs. actual lawyers. And when it's over, the FMs and true believers may not say it to her face, but they'll know that Taitz is an incompetent lawyer, as well as a liar, and they'll put as much distance between themselves and her sanctions as possible. Buh-bye, Oily...write your own checks.

3. While the media will not be permitted to be in the courtroom (at least not with cameras and recording devices), if they bother to come, they will know (and report upon) the proceedings. Again, Taitz's ego gets fed at the same time that she is shown for the loser fool that she is. Gawd knows, Taitz can't resist babbling and screeching to a camera, even when it's obvious to everyone else that her best interests would demand that she avoid them, rather than document her incompetence, stupidity, and sedition.

**I'm guessing she wouldn't much appreciate a crowd from in-town, historically black, Jackson State University, but since Orly didn't specify which "university students" she wanted, I've taken it upon myself to contact an old friend of mine who is a political science department professor at JSU, giving him the details and some brief background on the hearing. It's entirely possible that he may have some poli-sci and pre-law students who might enjoy a little excursion to the court, particularly for just this sort of occasion. =)) On the other hand, the JSU Fall/Thanksgiving break begins on Friday and extends for a week, so there may not be many/any students willing to sacrifice their break time to go watch an ugly white woman get her dumpy ass handed to her.

A Legal Lohengrin

Postby A Legal Lohengrin » Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:27 pm

And no less despicable, for all that. Perhaps more so.

Encountering Orly is disgusting and pathetic in much the same manner as walking through a summer lawn, stepping on a slug with a bare foot, and having to wipe off the writhing, slimy creature.

SueDB

Postby SueDB » Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:37 pm

It would be quite errr...interesting to have plenty of interested JSU students pack the courtroom. =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) :roll: The way Orly is...she might not even enter.
You can follow the action, which gets you good pictures.
You can follow your instincts, which'll probably get you in trouble.
Or... you can follow the money - The Two Jakes -

Paul Lentz

Postby Paul Lentz » Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:45 pm

It would be quite errr...interesting to have plenty of interested JSU students pack the courtroom. =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) :roll: The way Orly is...she might not even enter.

Yes...I thought that might be fun. :mrgreen: And, after all, isn't that what Oily wanted..."university students"? I'm only trying to respond to her urgings to all good flying monkeys to contact "university students." :-

ZekeB

Postby ZekeB » Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:16 pm

I'm more interested in how the Lax situation plays out. I lay odds that Lax doesn't show up because her attorney (Orly) told her she didn't have to.

SueDB

Postby SueDB » Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:26 pm

I'm more interested in how the Lax situation plays out. I lay odds that Lax doesn't show up because her attorney (Orly) told her she didn't have to.

Oh, I'm sure she sent in a daffydavid from her doctor detailing her condition, prognosis, and treatment so her lawyer :- :- can file her paperwork with the court.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
You can follow the action, which gets you good pictures.
You can follow your instincts, which'll probably get you in trouble.
Or... you can follow the money - The Two Jakes -

Somerset

Postby Somerset » Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:39 pm

I wouldn't say I'm more interested in this, because the main event is pretty damn cool \ :D / , but this secondary story has the potential to almost as amusing. Real Mississippi law enforcement types are looking seriously at her "lawyerly conduct."

[hidden]Hey O'rly. Remember how I said a while back that you need to be worried when we Fogbowers start getting all happy and excited about something you're about to do?

We're REALLY looking forward to the 16th :twisted:[/hidden]

Paul Lentz

Postby Paul Lentz » Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:49 pm

Oh yeah...and just because I'm feeling particularly perverse tonight...I thought I'd take a closer look at the 2012 presidential election results for Mississippi. Now, as expected, Romney took the state by 12 percentage points...55.5% to 43.5% of the total vote. However, in Hinds County (umm, that's where Jackson is), the vote totals are a bit different. In Hinds County, home of the capitol of Mississippi and the U.S. Federal District Court for the Southern District of Mississippi, President Obama did ever so slightly better...taking Hinds County over Romney by, ummmm, 72.2% to 27.1% (that's better than +45%, folks).Gosh, if I was an ugly, white, racist, whackjob, shrieking harpy like Orly Taitz, opposing President Barack Obama's eligibility to appear on a state's general election ballot (as well as accusing said Prez Obama and a cast of thousands of racketeering), Hinds County, Mississippi would (fer shure!) be the place I'd plant my flag and take my stand. You betcha, Bubba. :mrgreen:

Plutodog

Postby Plutodog » Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:45 pm

:-k :-bd =))
We are not sinners. We are not abominations. We were not born broken, and we do not need salvation. We have embraced our right to think beyond the boundaries of religion. We are living and loving our lives free from faith. -- Sarah Morehead

RTH10260

Postby RTH10260 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:50 pm

Many diligent citizens discerned the fraud before the 2008 election. Lawsuits were filed across the country to get discovery of any documentation that would confirm the birth narrative and scant history...

Yeah, I discerned tiny unicorns stealing my hubcaps during the new moon, but could I get discovery in a court of law to prove it? [highlight]No![/highlight] :evil:

:twisted: You just never tried hard enough :!:

RTH10260

Postby RTH10260 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:57 pm

I'd skip the ad hominem and do the factual debunking, but it's been done many, many times already. Can't googlewithout prefixing everthing with the terms Orly Taitz? You're a bloviating sphincter.

FIFY

Mark

Postby Mark » Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:59 pm

I wouldn't say I'm more interested in this, because the main event is pretty damn cool \ :D / , but this secondary story has the potential to almost as amusing. Real Mississippi law enforcement types are looking seriously at her "lawyerly conduct."

[hidden]Hey O'rly. Remember how I said a while back that you need to be worried when we Fogbowers start getting all happy and excited about something you're about to do?

We're REALLY looking forward to the 16th :twisted:[/hidden]

Will we have a mug shot of Orly after these "real Mississippi law enforcement types" are done with her? If we do, I'm having the mug shot imprinted on a coffee mug to go together with my Obama birth certificate coffee mug.

Maybe, I'll have more than one coffee mug made so that I can give them away as stocking stuffers at an upcoming Christmas party.
And that's all I have to say about that. :smoking:

Plutodog

Postby Plutodog » Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:15 am

Will we have a mug shot of Orly after these "real Mississippi law enforcement types" are done with her? If we do, I'm having the mug shot imprinted on a coffee mug to go together with my Obama birth certificate coffee mug.Maybe, I'll have more than one coffee mug made so that I can give them away as stocking stuffers at an upcoming Christmas party.

At FEMA Camp 17? 8>
We are not sinners. We are not abominations. We were not born broken, and we do not need salvation. We have embraced our right to think beyond the boundaries of religion. We are living and loving our lives free from faith. -- Sarah Morehead

Mark

Postby Mark » Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:24 am

I agree wholeheartedly with Stern's statement in the Donald Trump theread that birtherism helped re-elect President Obama. A lot of faux posters on Orly's site egging her on or pranksters having Orly waste time and resources and making her chase red herrings may have cost some taxpayers' money and it may have inconvenienced some folks. However, in the end and as Stern hinted, this may have caused a bigger return on investment in swinging crucial votes than the hundreds of millions of dollars which were poured into this race's ads and campaigning.Birthers preached to the choir but all this preaching turned off the rational, independent-minded voters. Thanks Orly!!! Now get out your pocketbook and help cover some of the expenses of getting President Obama re-elected. I hope that, when sanctions are imposed, Orly will be directed to pay attorneys' fees directly to each and every defendant rather than the individual attorneys representing them. Separate checks made out to "Obama for America," "Nancy Pelosi," or the "Mississippi Democratic Party" will look a lot nicer in a picture frame than a single check made out to Mr. Begley or other attorneys.
And that's all I have to say about that. :smoking:

Foggy

Postby Foggy » Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:19 am

It looks like there's a lot of anticipation about next Friday's hearing. But I think that will just be the dismissal of her case.

The more important hearing may take place weeks, or even months later, when the §1927 motion is filed and heard. There will, of course, be an opportunity for Orly to oppose the motion make it even more clear that she needs to be sanctioned. That's a brief I am seriously anticipating with malicious glee. Also, when nothing particularly bad happens to her next Friday - other than losing another lawsuit, ho hum - she may decide to keep on keeping on.

I'm not sure if her post about calling university students to next Friday's hearing will make it into the §1927 motion, but it would be nice if it did. I'm sure Judge Wingate is fully aware of what took place at Ol' Miss the other day, since he was born in 1947 and grew up in Mississippi during the height of the civil rights movement. When Robert Kennedy and his brother John called in the U.S. Marshals, the M.P.s, and the National Guard to force Ol' Miss to admit James Meredith, Judge Wingate was an intelligent young 15 year old Mississippi boy.

It's impossible for me to imagine what it was like to be a 15 year old black in Mississippi back then. It's beyond the realm of my imagination. But I'd bet some good money that Judge Wingate has some searing, ugly memories of his own from that time in his life, that came flooding back to him this week when the "riot" at Ol' Miss took place.

I'm not going to second-guess, or even make suggestions to the Tepper/Begley team, especially after the amazingly well crafted strategies and pleadings we've seen so far. But if it was just me, blundering about with good intentions, I'd make sure Judge Wingate knew that Orly called for those rock-throwing, 'n-word' yelling, throwbacks to 1962 to appear in his court next Friday. It may not relate to any particular legal issue, but I'd hope to get his blood circulatin' a bit faster, if you know what I mean. ;;)
"The only thing more dangerous than an idea is a belief. And by dangerous I don't mean thought-provoking. I mean: might get people killed." - Sarah Vowell

AnitaMaria

Postby AnitaMaria » Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:06 am

I agree wholeheartedly with Stern's statement in the Donald Trump theread that birtherism helped re-elect President Obama. A lot of faux posters on Orly's site egging her on or pranksters having Orly waste time and resources and making her chase red herrings may have cost some taxpayers' money and it may have inconvenienced some folks. However, in the end and as Stern hinted, this may have caused a bigger return on investment in swinging crucial votes than the hundreds of millions of dollars which were poured into this race's ads and campaigning.

I seriously doubt that Taitz's victims--the people and organizations who are forced to spend tens of thousands of dollars to defend against the delusions and lies of a vexatious litigant--would find anything at all redeeming about her tactics.

Hektor

Postby Hektor » Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:33 am

I personally find Dr. Taitz's use of the courts as a means to pursue a political and frankly racist smear campaign against a twice democratically elected President as abhorrent (to put it mildly). IMAO, she should have faced sanctions for her unethical and sometimes illegal behaviour in pursuing this smear campaign from the very first court case. That being said, those (including myself) that note that Taitz's bizarre and infantile behaviour may cause more people to vote and/or work on behalf of Democrats than it helps the Republicans does not necessarily contradict a belief in the first statement. Yes I enjoy making fun of Taitz. It is, after all, a Reek-o crime. The knowledge (any... day... now) that she would never screech in Federal or State Court ever again (and paying attorneys fees to a few that she's tried to harm) is something that would more than make up for the loss of entertainment value.

Butterfly Bilderberg

Postby Butterfly Bilderberg » Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:55 pm

I'm sure Judge Wingate is fully aware of what took place at Ol' Miss the other day, since he was born in 1947 ... . It's impossible for me to imagine what it was like to be a 15 year old black in Mississippi back then. It's beyond the realm of my imagination.

He was eight years old when Emmet Till's body was found near the Tallahatchie bridge. He would remember that shameful incident in Mississippi's history.

Foggy

Postby Foggy » Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:33 pm

Yes, and the daily insults and reminders that you were less than a second class citizen. That you had no rights compared to white people.Not being able to drink from the same water fountain. Not being able to shop at the same stores. Not being able to eat at the same restaurants. Not being allowed to go to the same schools.A child has to be taught that he or she is 'less than' other people -- that, for instance, you have to be more careful what you say to a white person than you do to another black person. That doesn't come naturally, and it doesn't rest easy on your soul, not even when you're old and gray.That much I know, and there are probably a thousand things I don't know about growing up black in the South in the '40s and '50s. But I know people remember what happened to them, and how they felt about it. I do know that much. In the white world, what happened at Ol' Miss the other day was a minor incident. For black people Judge Wingate's age, not so much, I reckon. They got a sharp reminder what it means to say "the thin veneer of civilization".
"The only thing more dangerous than an idea is a belief. And by dangerous I don't mean thought-provoking. I mean: might get people killed." - Sarah Vowell

cornet67

Postby cornet67 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:28 pm

[offtopic]

I never had a Trash 80 but knew folks that did.

[offtopic]I learned BASIC on a Trash 80 (and played many a game of Oregon Trail), but my first computer was an Apple II+ tricked out with a 16K RAM card (for the full 64K), an external floppy (which I would take to friend's houses to copy games), a green-screen monitor, and a combo tractor/friction feed dot matrix printer. Some day I'd like to fire it up and see if any of the old disks still work---it would be fun to play Lode Runner again... :mrgreen:[/offtopic]

[offtopic]My first computer, a KIM-1, was acquired in 1977 and was based on a microprocessor board with 1k -- not meg -- of memory, a hexadecimal keypad instead of a keyboard and a six LED alphanumeric readout instead of a monitor screen. I had to build and connect a power supply to it just to turn it on and two 8k memory boards so that it could actually compute more complex tasks than adding 2 + 2! The board was programmed by entering machine code via the keypad.

At that time there was no such thing as a disk drive for personal computers. I built an interface to allow me to use a tape recorder to store and play programs originally entered by hand through the keypad.

The KIM-1 was designed by MOS Technology to demonstrate the capabilities of its 6502 microprocessor, later used in the Apple II, Atari and Commodore computers. I had a client who wrote the original code assembler for MOS Technology and part of his royalty was a number of KIM-1 boards, and when the deal he hired me for fell through, he didn't have the cash to pay my fee so he gave me a KIM-1 -- hence, my early entry into personal computing![/offtopic]

ducktape

Postby ducktape » Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:02 pm

[offtopic]My first computer, a KIM-1, was acquired in 1977 and was based on a microprocessor board with 1k -- not meg -- of memory, a hexadecimal keypad instead of a keyboard and a six LED alphanumeric readout instead of a monitor screen. I had to build and connect a power supply to it just to turn it on and two 8k memory boards so that it could actually compute more complex tasks than adding 2 + 2! The board was programmed by entering machine code via the keypad.At that time there was no such thing as a disk drive for personal computers. I built an interface to allow me to use a tape recorder to store and play programs originally entered by hand through the keypad.The KIM-1 was designed by MOS Technology to demonstrate the capabilities of its 6502 microprocessor, later used in the Apple II, Atari and Commodore computers. I had a client who wrote the original code assembler for MOS Technology and part of his royalty was a number of KIM-1 boards, and when the deal he hired me for fell through, he didn't have the cash to pay my fee so he gave me a KIM-1 -- hence, my early entry into personal computing![/offtopic]

[offtopic]OMG! The KIM-1 was also my first personal computer. 1977. I never, ever knew anyone else who had one (and few enough who had heard of one). LOL -- truly, it was a single board. My experience prior to that had been on an IBM 360, working in COBOL, so it was quite a shock. I also had to build the power supply. But you could do a bit with it, even with just 1K. I painstakingly keyed in a lunar lander program from Byte Magazine. And it could be interfaced with a cassette recorder to save and load programs you'd entered. Ultimately, what I used it for was a programmable controller for some display lights, and then sold it to a client's son who wanted to play with it. And then I got my real computer in 1978 -- an Apple ][, with 48K! And then two diskette drives. And a Centronics band printer. Woohoo -- good times![/offtopic]

Return to “State Ballot Challenges”