Biden's Gridiron Gaffe(?)

MaineSkeptic

Postby MaineSkeptic » Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:41 pm

You all know by now -- one of Joe Biden's jokes at Saturday night's Gridiron Dinner:

"You know, I never realized just how much power Dick Cheney had until my first day on the job. I walked into my office, and you know how the outgoing president always leaves the incoming president a note in his desk? I opened my drawer and Dick Cheney had left me Barack Obama's birth certificate."

The Birther blogs are treating it like another Biden gaffe, joking about a taboo subject, and they could be right.

But I wonder if it was deliberate -- a way of saying, why do we have to buy into the notion that this is an embarrassing situation for us?

PatGund

Postby PatGund » Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:50 pm

The Birther blogs are treating it like another Biden gaffe, joking about a taboo subject, and they could be right.

Some are. Some are actually treating it as an *admission* by Biden and that it's proof he's the de-facto President. :lol:

Justin

Postby Justin » Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:58 pm

I think that's exactly what Biden was doing... treating it like the joke that it really is... and in the process, showing the birfers just how ridiculous and silly the issue is regarded. The whole thing has become a giant punchline. Me personally, I LOVE Biden for saying what comes to mind if he thinks it's funny. The guy has personality. :)

bogus info

Postby bogus info » Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:01 pm

I think that's exactly what Biden was doing... treating it like the joke that it really is... and in the process, showing the birfers just how ridiculous and silly the issue is regarded. The whole thing has become a giant punchline. Me personally, I LOVE Biden for saying what comes to mind if he thinks it's funny. The guy has personality. :)

I agree. It is a big joke :!:

mimi

Postby mimi » Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:22 pm

Foggy, I knew the 60 minutes intereview would be attacked. But... it obviously went well for him.For the very first time, my republican, st. ronnie loving sister stuck up for Obama. I am truly amazed. She does not like dems. She does not like Obama. Yet, she thought it a good interview. And, she thought the criticism of the interview was unfounded. Those opinions came unsolicited. I was astounded.Carry on Wingnuts. You're losing them.

Return to “Miscellaneous”