Falsehoods unchallenged only fester and grow.

Guest Announcements

To join Fogbow, register AND email me, foggy at thefogbow dot com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46181 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1112, 1113, 1114, 1115, 1116, 1117, 1118 ... 1848  Next   
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:31 am 

Hektor wrote:
Mikedunford wrote:
I'm not sure Orly's family life is really a place we need to go. She's crazy and evil on her own merits. And there's enough there to occupy anyone without needing to wonder about the family aspects.

^^^This

Dr. Orly Taitz makes herself a public figure. An obnoxious, hate-filled and hateful public figure yes, but her family (whatever their political beliefs) are not. As long as they remain private individuals, I will defend their rights to privacy as I would for the family of any public figure of any political or non-political persuasion.

Actually, one of her sons has defended her in the past in a statement to the media. [Edited to add: I am no longer sure it was a real quote.] The one who went to Cornell, which was the oldest one, whom she has often mentioned on her blog. That being said, as far as I can tell from what I've read, her sons are decent guys and good kids that it seems like any mom would be proud to have. This leads me to believe Yosi is a fantastic father.

Also, nothing posted on the Internet is private, as I tell my sons regularly. It looks to me like Orly's son is an Obama supporter:

http://www.change.org/members/2913140

Look at some of the petitions he appears to have signed (unless it is a common name in Laguna Hills. Who knows? Maybe he is a regular here!

P.S. IANAL and do not play one on TV (or in the courts, unlike some people).

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:58 am 

Occupation: World-class procrastinator and perpetual late-bloomer.
Sugar Magnolia wrote:
Interesting that a publicly available google+ profile, posted by the subject of the profile, is off-limits and yet there are piles of posts about Yosi and Orly and their personal lives and how he handles her mental health issues and speculation about how or if he's financially liable if or when they divorce and a lot of just flat out wild ass guesses/fantasy/jokes about their sleeping arrangements and financial arrangements, among other topics that are apparently not off limits.

I've mentioned (I think twice) that we really don't KNOW what goes on between them and was pretty much ignored or poo pooed both times.

Maybe it just depends on who's doing the speculating or making the jokes.

For whatever it's worth, here's where I tend to put the line:

Stuff Orly says is fair game. Her relationship to her husband, to the extent that it relates to how she finances her judicial terrorism, is also fair game. Material that is raised in court filings, ditto. Publicizing a G+ profile that's her family's but not hers and that she (IIRC) did not make public tends to go beyond my comfort zone.

"And with the advent of LexisNexis and WestLaw, there is no more need for attorneys to spend hours researching. The relevant case law simply comes straight to the computer, ready to be copied to a word processor."
--Larry "Leisure Suit" Klayman

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:08 am 

Quote:
Stuff Orly says is fair game. Her relationship to her husband, to the extent that it relates to how she finances her judicial terrorism, is also fair game. Material that is raised in court filings, ditto. Publicizing a G+ profile that's her family's but not hers and that she (IIRC) did not make public tends to go beyond my comfort zone.

I agree. I find online privacy to be quite important. If Orly wants to make her foolish acts pubic then fine but err on the side of caution when it does not involve her foolish 'legal' actions.

my $0.02

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:12 am 

Mikedunford wrote:

Just to note that this G+ profile was already once mentioned over a year(?) ago on TFB, and the point remembered from then was that the men obviously excluded wife/mother from participating.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:48 am 

Mikedunford wrote:

Emphasis added. I would agree that's a reasonable guideline to follow.

I stand between the candle and the star
...between the darkness and the light

-- Paraphrased from "Babylon 5" created by J. Michael Straczynski

"Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand'
-- from "Witch Hunt" by Rush on their "Moving Pictures" album.

Facebook
Shadows in Wonderland
- we stand in the sun and look back in our tracks
an image of self in grays and in blacks
laughter and joy hold us in there sweet thrall
but even in Wonderland shadows must fall

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:05 am 

nbc wrote:
I agree. I find online privacy to be quite important. If Orly wants to make her foolish acts pubic then fine but err on the side of caution when it does not involve her foolish 'legal' actions.

my $0.02

Online privacy? What on Earth is that?

The way you protect your privacy is NOT to post things online that you don't want other people to see or discuss.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:13 am 

Occupation: ASEAN bureau chief; Keeper of the Bahasa; CSI for Semiconductors
nbc wrote:
Quote:

I agree. I find online privacy to be quite important.

Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, and the Great Pumpkin are also quite important. And equally as believable ;)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:11 am 

Online privacy. We coin another oxymoron.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:21 am 

:roll:

:evil: http://www.orlytaitzesq.com/?p=363384 :evil:

Quote:
this and other clips are being forwarded to a number of organizations, which showed interest in the case

Posted on | November 21, 2012 | No Comments

From May 2011 :yawn:

www.youtube.com Video from : www.youtube.com

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:27 am 

A Legal Lohengrin wrote:
nbc wrote:

my $0.02

The way you protect your privacy is NOT to post things online that you don't want other people to see or discuss.

While Orly mentions her "children," to the best of my knowledge, it's only in the context of her having some. I'm not aware of her posting their names, ages, where they're going to school or other such information - nor do her sons appear to identify her as their mother on the pages we suspect are likely theirs. Similarly, Orly doesn't discuss her relationship with her husband at all. The only information we have about their relationship (again, to the best of my knowledge) is what two inveterate liars have claimed.

I stand between the candle and the star
...between the darkness and the light

-- Paraphrased from "Babylon 5" created by J. Michael Straczynski

"Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand'
-- from "Witch Hunt" by Rush on their "Moving Pictures" album.

Facebook
Shadows in Wonderland
- we stand in the sun and look back in our tracks
an image of self in grays and in blacks
laughter and joy hold us in there sweet thrall
but even in Wonderland shadows must fall

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:41 am 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:41 am 

:yawn:

:evil: http://www.orlytaitzesq.com/?p=363387 :evil:
Quote:
Impeach Obama robocall campaign is underway

Posted on | November 21, 2012 | No Comments

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/14/impeach-obama-robocall-campaign_n_2132682.html

Impeach Obama Robocall Campaign Launched By Conservative Group

WASHINGTON -- The movement to impeach President Barack Obama has been launched, just days after he won a second term in the White House.

The Conservative Majority Fund, a conservative group known primarily for its birther conspiracy spreading, has launched a robocall campaign to gin up support for the president's impeachment.

The call, emailed to The Huffington Post by Shaun Dakin of StopPoliticalCalls.org, reads in part as follows:

Quote:
Our only recourse now is to move forward with the full impeachment of President Obama. We suspect that Obama is guilty of high crimes and misdemeanors and that there may be grounds for impeachment as is laid out in the constitution. Further, he may not even be a U.S. citizen because nobody, I mean no one, has seen an actual physical copy of his birth certificate. Impeachment is our only option. And Republicans are already considering Obama investigations. As the nation's most effective conservative group we are launching the official impeach Obama campaign.

(snip)
[audio at link]

Edit: =)) =)) =)) =))

The robocall audio:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:47 am 

Quote:
Our only recourse now is to move forward with the full impeachment of President Obama. We suspect that Obama is guilty of high crimes and misdemeanors and that there may be grounds for impeachment as is laid out in the constitution. [snipsies]

...because a partial impeachment just wouldn't be enough.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:48 am 

Oh you gotta go listen to that.

It sounds like a RONCO ad.

Tempting. They're gonna give me a free 'Don't Tread On Me' somethingorother.

So, these robocalls are legal cuz of the political exemption from 'Do Not Call' Registry.

This ad might just get that exemption canned. :-bd

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:03 pm 

mimi wrote:

I think it's a "'Don't Tread On Me' flag".

And you're right. More RONCO ad than car dealership ad.

I've grabbed the audio for easier listening: =))

Audio:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:23 pm 

Occupation: Actor/Improv/Sound Designer. I am a Citizen Journalist with a column at Newsvine.com, and a presence on NetRoots Radio. Brain Injured Satirical Genius.
The comments are simply amazing. the undying hatred towards the POTUS is astonishing. Birtherism is here to stay.

Netroots Radio
I'm raising funds to rebuild my home/portable studio here:
http://www.gofundme.com/3uym80
Help an Ob0t out.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:25 pm 

Occupation: Actor/Improv/Sound Designer. I am a Citizen Journalist with a column at Newsvine.com, and a presence on NetRoots Radio. Brain Injured Satirical Genius.
neonzx wrote:
mimi wrote:

I think it's a "'Don't Tread On Me' flag".

And you're right. More RONCO ad than car dealership ad.

I've grabbed the audio for easier listening: =))

Audio:

All I gotta say is,
next time, hire someone who can actually pretend to believe that shit.

Netroots Radio
I'm raising funds to rebuild my home/portable studio here:
http://www.gofundme.com/3uym80
Help an Ob0t out.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:44 pm 

Location: FEMA Camp 17 -- Malibu (Hey! You! Get off the lawn!)
Flatpointhigh wrote:
All I gotta say is,
next time, hire someone who can actually pretend to believe that shit.

A certain Moldovan refugee is available. And she could have packed a lot more information propaganda into the minute available.

Realist lives to serve. Foggy does it for the children. I'm in it for the schadenfreude.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:50 pm 

lyssandri wrote:
While Orly mentions her "children," to the best of my knowledge, it's only in the context of her having some. I'm not aware of her posting their names, ages, where they're going to school or other such information - nor do her sons appear to identify her as their mother on the pages we suspect are likely theirs. Similarly, Orly doesn't discuss her relationship with her husband at all. The only information we have about their relationship (again, to the best of my knowledge) is what two inveterate liars have claimed.

Orlena claimed on her website that her husband did accompany her a couple of times on birther events, when she went to distribute flyers.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:53 pm 

Location: FEMA Camp 17 -- Malibu (Hey! You! Get off the lawn!)
Let's stick to public figures, please.

Realist lives to serve. Foggy does it for the children. I'm in it for the schadenfreude.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:01 pm 

lyssandri wrote:
A Legal Lohengrin wrote:
nbc wrote:

my $0.02

Actually, you are incorrect. She has mentioned where her oldest son goes to college and what he planned to study, and she has mentioned comments they have supposedly made in support of her antics.

Look, the Internet is not private unless you try to make it so. A gir from Georgia tweeted after the election about wanting to move to Australia (with several errors about Australia) and was heaped with ridicule from 2 countries. If you use your real name on Facebookand have a publicly accessible Facebook profile, if you use your real name on Twitter or Google Plus, if you use your real name to sign up for change.org or LinkedIn, you are not seeking privacy. If you use the same fake name everywhere, you are not going to have privacy. Her oldest son has several of these public accounts under his own name, and this is not the first place he has been mentioned as being Orly's son. He also has videos on You tube of a lecture he gave on a study he co-published. He knows who his mother is and that she isn't universally liked. He knows people know he is her son, if Orly's statements about people emailing her kids are true. And he is not working to hide his identity.

There is a difference between repeating information someone puts out there for public consumption and harassing that person. Orly made sure everyone knew her sons existed, which was pretty thoughtless of her. But they certainly don't seem to be running from it.

Anyone posting on the Internet is just one stupid (or fantastic) comment away from their 15 minutes of fame.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:08 pm 

In Orly's teeny tiny, warped mind anyone who thinks good thoughts about Obama is one of his operatives. You'd think she'd be somewhat daunted about having to oppose 65 million real citizens, more or less.

Batshit gives one superhuman strength to overcome very long odds, I guess.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:12 pm 

That robocall sounds very much like the other scam robocalls I have been getting. Once they get someone to donate, they know they have a live sucker on the line and will sell their information to other scams based on extreme conservative 'values.' Grifters. Bring on the robocall ban with only an exception for emegency services.

Take the time to report them to the FCC. When they get enough complaints, they will perhaps do something. I believe that they have already started having some hearings on robocalls and other scams that are in violation of the Do Not Call policies.

This seems to be more opportunism than birtherism and I don't feel sorry for the birthers. I just despise opportunistic scam artists even more.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:12 pm 

Sterngard Friegen wrote:
Let's stick to public figures, please.

That begs the question of what makes someone a public figure. Does attaching your name to a birther lawsuit on its own make you a public figure? Does making multiple forum posts on one issue transform you into a public figure just because it is an issue that interests us? Does filing an election challenge that is reported in the news before being withdrawn make you a public figure? The distinction seems very nebulous. Is a co-author of a science journal article who has lectured on it a public figure? Is the owner of a pizza parlor a public figure once he hugs the president? Or someone who posts a YouTube video of their kid after a dental visit? The Internet has really blurred that distinction. If you post something publicly that garners a lot of attention for whatever reason, you can instantly become a "public figure." Certainly we have threads here on people I would never have heard of had I never come to Fogbow. Are they all public figures and, if so, why? (I am being serious, not snarky.)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:18 pm 

Occupation: Harvester of the souless, labeller of the deluded, flayer of the intolerant...Birfoons have accused me of being heartless....It's not true I do have a heart, of a small child, in a box, under my bed.
I loathe birthers and their ilk but unless and until one of their offspring dives into the deep pool of filth that is Birtherdom I regard them as off limits.

I may pity them, I may worry for them (in the abstract), I may be concerned for them but I will endeavour not discuss or analyse them. Irrespective of what else she is, MOO is still their mother and may well be a or have been a good mother (for various bizarre values of "good")

The spouse or significant other who demonstrably enables the Birther is not off limits.

I have seen no demonstrable evidence that MOO's husband Yosi is actively encouraging her so I am suspicious of, pity and will do my best to ignore him unless I have a belief backed up by demonstration or witness that he is ACTIVELY enabling her.

BitterDelusional is a foul ignorant LSOS, basic statement, she is married to a pastor and has, I believe children, She I will mock and deride with gay abandon and pleasure, her spouse SHOULD know better but is not her keeper so he and her children are off my radar.............Unless of course she posts another rant about how she would prefer to see them in the arms of God rather than suffer under the Ebil Usurperator. Then conditions may change.

If that occurs THEN, gloves off and fun and games may well ensue.........

My view, YMMV

Pest and Fail.......Member of Obama’s Brown Shirt corps
Gretawire..........Communist/terrorist
Freeperville........"League of Evil" and banned "Obama Zot"

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46181 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1112, 1113, 1114, 1115, 1116, 1117, 1118 ... 1848  Next